Who, with me, believes we can win the premier league?

Eriku

Cautious optimism for me. I’m not looking to have this club hurt me more than necessary.

mshnsh

RAWK type thread. Delusional. We will do well to get into top 4 than we build from there.

Drz

Nuts. The media is awful enough in creating undue pressure with their mind-numbing rational.
I fully back ETH.
Will wait till he says "We can f**kin w*n this sh**!" in public.

Skills

Snitch
Sure why not. We win the next 17 in a row and it's in the bag

GapMinder

I have a lot of Ajax friends. (I'm Dutch). The sentiment among most of those is that Man United could very well become one of the main champions league contenders for this coming decade.

This isn't about this year. It's about becoming the club again that plays amazingly good. Where most great players love to play. And where as a fan you will feel a sense of disbelief when you meet a football fan who doesn't love United as well.

Kind of the reputation like Ajax has in their view, only able to retain and attract the best players, and way, way bigger then Ajax can ever be in such a small league.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
What a stupid thread, not entirely sure if it's a pisstake.

Let's try to win 2 consecutive matches first

justsomebloke

I know what the reactions to this may be, but I know I can't be the only believer here.

Casemiro yet to come, ETH building something big here, a manager who is not afraid to drop players and be flexible with tactics, City and Pool dropping points.

No one can stop us
What, you mean this season? Sorry, no. No way.

RedorDead21

IF we can finish a distant 2nd that would be an absolutely amazing dream this season. I'd take being in with a chance of 4th with 1 game left right now. We still need FDJ, Antony and another striker for me in this window to have hopes of either for me! Martial will get injured, as will Varane as is the norm showing our squad for what it is, far too light.

UDontMessWith24

Who do we think is a lock for his country’s World Cup squad, and how many of our players will go to Qatar in comparison with the rest of the B6?

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Shamans you also thought Depp would be found guilty, get off the kool-aid.

El-Manos

We’ve lost our 2 opening matches :lol: . Great win against liverpool but let’s not get cringe hwre.

RedDevilRoshi

Who do we think is a lock for his country’s World Cup squad, and how many of our players will go to Qatar in comparison with the rest of the B6?
Not sure out of the other Big 6 but out of our current squad, this is who I think IMO:

Definites:

DDG
Maguire (even if he doesn’t get back into the starting lineup, if Varane stays injury free and builds on this promising CB partnership with Martinez, waistcoat will still pick him.)
Martinez
Malacia
Varane
Dalot
Bruno
Eriksen
Fred
Hannibal
Cristiano
Sancho

Maybe’s:

Shaw
Martial
Rashford

lex talionis

A club from Manchester will lift the PL trophy this season, no question about it.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I hope you’re in the race, it’ll be wrapped up pretty early if you are!

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
1) a keeper
2) fdj
3) a striker
4) liverpool continue to capitulate
5) city deducted 25 points for fpp
6) madrid raid chelsea and tottenham
7) wanted to say something about arsenal, but nevermind.

Stars need to align. Not impossible. Only improbable.

jameyzane

Howard Webb is back. Title charge is on. Send the word out: We Are Back!

UDontMessWith24

Not sure out of the other Big 6 but out of our current squad, this is who I think IMO:

Definites:

DDG
Maguire (even if he doesn’t get back into the starting lineup, if Varane stays injury free and builds on this promising CB partnership with Martinez, waistcoat will still pick him.)
Martinez
Malacia
Varane
Dalot
Bruno
Eriksen
Fred
Hannibal
Cristiano
Sancho

Maybe’s:

Shaw
Martial
Rashford
I thought we might have an advantage with less players going to the WC but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Until its numerically impossible, I always believe we're going to win the league.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
Can I say this, its a pretty bonkers thread - but I also remember that a person putting a £10er on a treble of Leicester winning the League, Donald Trump becoming President and Brexit happening at a bookies in 2015 would have become a millionaire!

You certainly have a better chance than the current Leicester and you probably have a better squad than the 2016 Leicester too, so who knows what might happen over the wintertime.

If Haaland breaks a leg anytime soon, I will be straight down the bookies myself: £10 on Man United, Giggs to be the new Manager of England (ladies) and Boris Johnson to make a comeback when Truss cocks up. In 9 months time I could be sitting on a beach earning 20%.

Last edited:

surf

4 behind City with 35 games left
When you put it like that, it sounds feasible. Would be a Leicester-level shock to me though if we finish above them. They have this effortless ability to win 10 games in a row and over the last 5 seasons they have set new standards for accumulating points.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I know what the reactions to this may be, but I know I can't be the only believer here.

Casemiro yet to come, ETH building something big here, a manager who is not afraid to drop players and be flexible with tactics, City and Pool dropping points.

No one can stop us
If we win the Premier league this season I will be greatly surprised. Hugely surprised even.
Top 4 would be a big achievement.