Who would join this!?

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
We've got half a team here already.

I'll take a basic wage of 800 quid a week and half the wage of the worst performing senior player each week.
Count me in too. We should all smoke meth before a match and we will run circles around the opposition. We'd be like Simeone's players when chasing back, but for 90 minutes straight.

Raw

The key is to identify competent, quality players with something to prove who’d improve the squad, to who it would still be a step up - Cook, Brooks, Ake (can play as a midfield anchor) at Bournemouth, Longstaff (who will still come good despite his fitness-related fitness issues) Godfrey, Lewis, Buendia, Pukki at Norwich.

Ben Davies at Spurs is a solid, understated upgrade on Shaw and Young at leftback, McGinn from Villa would be an upgrade on the likes of Fred and Matic - the players are there to be had.

Then there’s Pulisic and Jovic, two prodigies who seemingly regret their summer moves, so would likely embrace the opportunity of a fresh start.

But enticing them would require a new manager who’s previously proven he’s got a clue what he’s doing.....
We did this last summer and it's reaped it's rewards so far, we're focusing on players who actually want to be here. Of course we overspent but AWB, Maguire and James were players from lesser clubs in England who wanted to make the step up and have been our best players this season. Hopefully it's something we'll continue to do.

Unfortunately with us playing absolute shite football that pool of talent who'd want to join us is getting smaller. Either Ole has to improve us or we just find another manager who can.

AFC NimbleThumb

They spent less than 100m on the front 3
A point many miss.

It goes. . .

Firmino > Mane > Salah > VvD > Allison

Everybody wants to be managed Klopp-esque but we skipped the most vital of his steps. Score first, defend later.

The cliche great teams are built from the back isn’t true & hasn’t been for some time.

Jericholyte2

They spent less than 100m on the front 3
A point many miss.

And where did they fi ish before they got in players who could actually defend?

It goes. . .

Firmino > Mane > Salah > VvD > Allison

Everybody wants to be managed Klopp-esque but we skipped the most vital of his steps. Score first, defend later.

The cliche great teams are built from the back isn’t true & hasn’t been for some time.

TheReligion

Abusive
Basically as the title says. Can’t believe my head’s gone from feeling positive after seeing them live to tonight but that performance was José vs Sevilla kinda shite!

I know we’re still, in name at least, Manchester United, but we need hundreds of millions of pounds of investment, which the owners won’t give, and frankly who the feck would want to come!?!
No one. Let's pack up and go home.

AneRu

You don’t need hundreds of millions of you invest smartly.
Sensible, we shot ourselves in the foot during the summer by not adequately replacing at least two of the players that left. Add a right winger and a striker (obviously they have to be good) to the side that played Arsenal on Monday and you fight for top four, maybe even succeed, easily.

Slysi17

Sensible, we shot ourselves in the foot during the summer by not adequately replacing at least two of the players that left. Add a right winger and a striker (obviously they have to be good) to the side that played Arsenal on Monday and you fight for top four, maybe even succeed, easily.
Plus we don't need to focus on getting players from the English leagues either. There is absolute gems across Europe and the rest of the world if our fecking scouts were competent and Ole didn't have this stupid British focus. For example Van De Beek from Ajax. literally better than the players in midfield we have bar Pogba.

AneRu

Plus we don't need to focus on getting players from the English leagues either. There is absolute gems across Europe and the rest of the world if our fecking scouts were competent and Ole didn't have this stupid British focus. For example Van De Beek from Ajax. literally better than the players in midfield we have bar Pogba.
Right on, there were a few gettable gems in that Ajax side and then some from the likes of PSV like Lozano. Once we stabilize we then look to improve but then someone thought otherwise and sent us into the season with a shot squad.

Denis' cuff

No one. Let's pack up and go home.
might as well whilst these feckers are destroying the club. You probably think that’s hysterical. Open your fecking eyes. Doesn’t matter who comes in; manager or player, they’ll turn to shit because managers aren’t allowed to manage and potential players see decent players regress as we become rmid-table club. It will get worse. Good players won’t come until we sort shit out like the owners and their fecking lackey. You can point to Ole, Pogba or even EW, but until these cnuting owners feck off we won’t be prioritising football and whoever is the flavour of the month, player or manager, will become a mug under this lot. As if it isn’t plain enough under recent, decent managers (no matter what the experts on here think) Pep (as if) Poch or anybody else, would just be another tool to make $$$$$$$$$. This is as bad as post Busby. We probably won’t get relegated but you’re about to find out what “ordinary” feels like. We’re not quite there yet but it’s happening.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Basically as the title says. Can’t believe my head’s gone from feeling positive after seeing them live to tonight but that performance was José vs Sevilla kinda shite!

I know we’re still, in name at least, Manchester United, but we need hundreds of millions of pounds of investment, which the owners won’t give, and frankly who the feck would want to come!?!
This is not true. your owner has been invest millions of pounds annually in terms of transfer fee and wages. Whether the money was well spent is another matter.

Jericholyte2

This is not true. your owner has been invest millions of pounds annually in terms of transfer fee and wages. Whether the money was well spent is another matter.
They have invested nowhere near enough for the rebuild that is needed and an absolute pittance on the turnover of the club. Our net spend from Summer, Jan and last summer has been roughly £130m - that is a pathetic number especially when you realise this matches Aston Villa’s net spend for this summer alone!

Popcorn

Should easily be able to attract some decent players. Not sure what our extensive scouting team are doing though. The summer signings could have been identified from someone watching match of the day and a few championship roundups.

fergiesarmy1

A professional fotballer for money. Sometimes the state of this threads...
Is that what you want, someone to join just for the money?

We have plenty of those since Fergie left and they aren’t really proving to be a success.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'd certainly think about not doing if I had options.

We have to sell a proper rebuild. A summer with other quality buys. And probably a new manager unfortunately.

RedMilo

You're kidding - Hated, Adored But Never Ignored...

What player would not want to join MUFC?? any player that's got something about them would look at the situation, and say yes I feel I could come in and improve and help restore this exceptional club with all its history and worldwide fanbase to its previous glory.

We aren't in the best of moments and haven't been for over 5 years now, but you cant tell me that players don't want to come here...

We are the most talked about football club on the planet and if you don't want to be a part of that or cant handle being a part of that, then they don't belong on this stage anyway.

We are Manchester fecking United - don't forget that...

Acole9

Outstanding
Totally agree with the OP, our fan base are kidding themselves thinking we're going to sign various players, why on earth would the likes of Sancho join us?! We're morphing into 90's Liverpool rapidly and dining out on our name and history. I see all this guff about us being three or four players away from being a top four team, not a chance. We're going backwards, we look more likely to get relegated than get into the top four anytime soon. This is the worst I've seen us since SAF retired.

norm87cro

Is that what you want, someone to join just for the money?

We have plenty of those since Fergie left and they aren’t really proving to be a success.
I was just trying to say that the thread is over the top and that somebody with quality will always join because at the end of the day football is a profession and Manchester United pay good money and is and always will be a top club (if not a top team currently). No need for the dramatics mate

fergiesarmy1

I was just trying to say that the thread is over the top and that somebody with quality will always join because at the end of the day football is a profession and Manchester United pay good money and is and always will be a top club (if not a top team currently). No need for the dramatics mate
Hardly dramatic, most of the squad are stealing a living here. Don’t need any more of them.

norm87cro

And I agree but the fact remains that we managed to sign DiMaria, Sanchez (nobody could have known he would be shit), Ibra, Lukaku, Pogba and a few more without a clear mid-long term strategy so the question is surley not the attraction appeal of the club.

Smores

And the transformation into Liverpool is complete. This is the exact shit we mocked them for a decade ago.

No top or promising player will join a club in crisis with negativity surrounding it. Players want trophies and if they have an option they'll join clubs competing for them.

We'll just have to pick up the best of the rest that no one wants. Slim pickings.

norm87cro

And the transformation into Liverpool is complete. This is the exact shit we mocked them for a decade ago.

No top or promising player will join a club in crisis with negativity surrounding it. Players want trophies and if they have an option they'll join clubs competing for them.

We'll just have to pick up the best of the rest that no one wants. Slim pickings.
Personally I just don't see why you think I'm delusonal. We can and will attract top talent but signing Di Maria while we had a possesion minded manager is just one example of what is wrong with the club. Fickle emotions of somebody like Neymar, (or Pogba for that matter) should not be the club's concern