Who would you choose to own Manchester United?

Fredo

You broke my heart!
The saudi group could be a good option, filthy rich (They threw 400 billion just to get new weapons from the USA not so long ago) and they wouldn't be interested to turn the club into a cash-cow like the Glazers. The problem is the perception of the saudi regime or saudi prince, this might reflect badly in early stages but if we want to compete at City's level, we need to have more funds to get things done.

TsuWave

Billionaire pals?
he has those? If you were a billionaire you’d just take billions to buy a club because your friend(s) hit your phone up about it?

I’m just confused, I know that this thread is just about possibilities, but Beckham and pals is just not one that even strikes me as remotely realistic, but alas

Loon

:lol:
he has those? If you were a billionaire you’d just take billions to buy a club because your friend(s) hit your phone up about it?

I’m just confused, I know that this thread is just about possibilities, but Beckham and pals is just not one that even strikes me as remotely realistic, but alas
No, that's probably why I said I wish. Having said that, a consortium of his very rich pals might be interested in an investment which, if handled correctly, will reap dividends.

Sir Scott McToMinay

The saudi group could be a good option, filthy rich (They threw 400 billion just to get new weapons from the USA not so long ago) and they wouldn't be interested to turn the club into a cash-cow like the Glazers. The problem is the perception of the saudi regime or saudi prince, this might reflect badly in early stages but if we want to compete at City's level, we need to have more funds to get things done.
That is the key word here, filthy.
I would rather we got bankrupt and relegated all the way down the conference than have these hideous scumbags anywhere near the club.
feck them.

Eric's Seagull

Except we sold more than we spent, it’s like buying a Mercedes but part exchanging your new BMW, it’s easy to spend with one hand when your recouping it with the other.

My point is that, for argument sake, our max budget net-spend could be 200-300 million without breaching FFP - I believe that’s loosely correct?
Why then did we have a net spend of £75 million? During a huge rebuild.

It’s a joke, people accepting that spend during a rebuild need to know we simply will not compete with the elite in Europe, the ambition is not anywhere near what a club of United stature should be. Especially when you really consider just how poor and lacking this United squad is.

Would any of our rivals go into a season with the weak strike power we have up top? Absolutely not, they would have spent whatever is required to replace Lukaku.

I’ve said previously I do not believe for a second that Ole agreed to sell Lukaku without fully expecting Ed to secure a replacement. Ed and the board tucked him right up on that and because he doesn’t kick up a stink like Mourinho people are saying it was his decision, he’s obviously just saying that in order to tow the company line to the media.

The direction needs to change under the next owners, I agree it’s not all just about spend, but the new owners must provide us with the same platform and ambition that the big European clubs have. That much should be pretty obvious really.
Agree with what you said. You use a good analogy with Mercedes and BMW. The part in bold is that exactly how I feel and what I mentioned in a post in another thread.

dev1l

Very tricky question this..as most billionaires are bastards.
I m not in favour of fan-owned clubs either. On paper it looks good, in.practice more difficult to manage

Mainoldo

Ed Woodward. Maybe if it’s his actual business he’d run it properly on the pitch.

lon ball2

Anyone who will

1) pay a record fee for Harry Kane
2) also buy sancho, Maddison, partey, diop and a left back. All in one window
3) appoint Van der Sar as CEO, maybe even Overmars as DOF too
4) appoint either Poch, Nagalsmann or Ten Hag (last choice) or pay a secret Spectre like organisation to clone a young SAF
5) back the manager even if he wants to sell a rotten apple no matter how much he’s worth to commercial revenue
6) pay the following players contracts off - lingard, Jones, Young, Rojo

should only take around £5 billion. :lol::lol::houllier:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheimoon

Grande

There's one thing if they ended up as our owner. Sucks, but such is life.

But to actively courting them, begging them to come, in the hope of a few more silverware? There's more things in life than football.

Forget silverware, some of you lot wants them to come so taht we can spend 300 instead of 150 per year.
Exactly.

RooneyLegend

That Ratcliffe fella is a dissapointment. How is he that rich, a fan and yet watching this mess unfold.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Peter Lin, another one or two billionaire investor , and Gary Neville

momo83

Massive Snowflake
where is Beckham going to find billions to take the club back? What kind of pals does he have that have this kind of funds available?
Less likely Beckham, more likely Gary Neville. Great businessman, also pretty much runs Salford as if he’s the CEO so very strong character considering class of 92 all have equal shares yet he’s emerged as the head honcho and main decision maker

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Very tricky question this..as most billionaires are bastards.
I m not in favour of fan-owned clubs either. On paper it looks good, in.practice more difficult to manage
Jack Ma comes across as one of the better multi billionaires, come to think of it, I find it crazy that if you had 3 billion in your bank account, you couldn't buy United.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Bill Gates is probably the most philanthropic billionaire, I just don't think he'll fancy himself as an owner of a sports team.

Johan07

That’s how the rich stay rich by not spending money on silly things.
He spent 90m in cash buying Nice. That was his level.
And even with Saudi owners (which would make me have to disown the team, and would kill me inside), the most money an owner can put into a club according to FFP is 30m yearly. Its nothing. If you dont cheat like City.
This idea of that a benefactor (who does not exist) would magically make our financial situation (which is awesome) a lot better is such a unicorn. We need to spend our money better. Period.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Floyd Mayweather Jr....

Anyone found not pulling their weight has to go 5 minutes in the ring with him.

Plus he likes to knock Man City fans out (Ricky Hatton)

Last edited:

owlo

Elon Musk, let's get some Tesla money.
No thanks. He's a bellend of the highest order. Absolute eejit in person.

Would probably walk in, fire the manager and the squad after calling them all sacks of shit, then go the city dressing room waving piles of cash asking 'which of you cocksuckers wants to play for a real team then????'

Then post about it all on twitter, get sued by the existing squad he just fired, and use the club to litigate whilst walking around OT whistling with hus cock out managing to put us in more debt than we're already in.

Cloud7

They don’t technically have an owner per se, but I like the boardroom structure of Real Madrid + Florentino Perez.

They invest all the money the club makes back into the club (as far as I know), they always go after the best, and don’t tolerate mediocrity be it from players or managers.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Long shot, but I think the Glazers would be good owners, American so no shady back-story, sports minded and unlikely to interfere, and important would make sufficient funds available to keep us competitive, but not overspend to put the club in financial trouble short or long term.

Avram is the man to contact apparently, think he lives in New Orleans. What have we got to lose?

Micky Targaryen

Somehow I get the feeling that people who ideally wants the fans to shell out money to buy and collectively own the club, are the same people who only wants to hire managers who 'understands' the club, and sign players who would 'die' for the shirt.