Who you rate the highest Pep, Klopp or Tuchel?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yes it really is. Your first point was he was trailing by a lot, which was one point and if he stayed he would have won the league for three league titles in a row. He was fired for publicly speaking out about the administration of the club, everything he said is absolutely true. He has never been shy about having these fall outs with the club he manages if he feels the club is not backing him. Both in transfers and at PSG he felt the politics of the club was interfering with personnel. It is possible he could have a falling out with Chelsea, it will last a half a day if he went that route.

I think the conversation starts if he wins the PL title, but I also feel he is at the very least the third best manager in the PL and top level manager in world football.
Still needs to do more to be compared

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This Juve team isn't as good as the past. PSG is miles above everyone in France, and yes, they would win the league with me as manager. Hell, they'd even win with you as manager ;-)
I know they say you learn something new every day but I never thought I'd find out i am a better manager than Ancelotti......

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I know they say you learn something new every day but I never thought I'd find out i am a better manager than Ancelotti......
I never said that. I just said that anybody can manage PSG to victory. It's a shite league with one good team. It's not rocket science...

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I never said that. I just said that anybody can manage PSG to victory. It's a shite league with one good team. It's not rocket science...
Poch and Carlo had seasons where they failed to win in France with PSG

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
This thread’s been a little quiet lately. Did something happen…..?

eire-red

Pep is just streets ahead isn't he? The consistency he's managed at City at domestic level is insane. Anyone know what his win % is?

Tuchel and Klopp aren't as close as people say for me. City are about to march to 4 titles in 5 seasons. Only Ferguson can boast that kind of consistency, winning 4/5 at the beginning of the Prem, and 3 on the trot twice.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Tuchel is going through his own patch now

Dansk

Klopp. He has accomplished genuinely impressive things at Dortmund and Liverpool. I don't think Tuchel measures up against Klopp and Pep, and Pep has never had a challenging job. Every moment of his career, he has had the strongest squad in the league. He has never punched above his weight. His accomplishment are par for the course. No one can say he hasn't done well with what he's had, but you would have to be decidedly incompetent to not succeed when you literally always have the best tools in the business. Before I can rate him as one of the true greats, I'll have to see him succeed with something less than the best squad in the land and the most money. If he can go to, say, Tottenham and win the league, I'll give him the nod. But he won't even try it. I get the distinct sense that he refuses to take on any job where success is not essentially guaranteed. He wants easy, automatic trophies, so I can't rate him as one of the very best.

Skills

Snitch
Klopp. He has accomplished genuinely impressive things at Dortmund and Liverpool. I don't think Tuchel measures up against Klopp and Pep, and Pep has never had a challenging job. Every moment of his career, he has had the strongest squad in the league. He has never punched above his weight. His accomplishment are par for the course. No one can say he hasn't done well with what he's had, but you would have to be decidedly incompetent to not succeed when you literally always have the best tools in the business. Before I can rate him as one of the true greats, I'll have to see him succeed with something less than the best squad in the land and the most money. If he can go to, say, Tottenham and win the league, I'll give him the nod. But he won't even try it. I get the distinct sense that he refuses to take on any job where success is not essentially guaranteed. He wants easy, automatic trophies, so I can't rate him as one of the very best.
I'm sure he's gutted

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
On that basis then there has to also be question marks over Klopp until he takes a job with serious expectations to win all the time.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Poor Pep, he might not sleep tonight.

Guy Incognito

That's never going to happen, Pep wants to work with the best.

Klopp's track record at improving players when they join is second to none. Interested to see how quickly Diaz settles in.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
On that basis then there has to also be question marks over Klopp until he takes a job with serious expectations to win all the time.
Ya, I agree with you there. It is easy to invent question marks for any managers, previously people were saying mou > pep because of resources as well.

Lets invent one for for Fergie then, unable to prove that he can successfully manage a club outside the British culture. Until he can win in Italy or Spain, I will not rate him as one of the GOATs.

Man its easy to nitpick like these Pep naysayers

Ish

Lights on for Luke
You laugh but isn't that the one criticism that hurts him the most?
It definitely is, but then again, i think if that's the caveat, any/all managers would have such a question mark over them.

I think a lot of posters also act as if he walked into an all-conquering Barca side, when in fact he had a lot to do with their dominance.

Would Messi have been Messi without Pep? Xavi, Iniesta? Most likely, but fact remains they were not the all world conquering - one of the GOAT teams when he stepped in. A more balanced view is required there. It's like discrediting SAF for the CO'92.

Either way, I'm not a die hard Pep fan (how could I be when I grew up worshipping SAF :drool:) and I actually really, really rate Klopp up there, but Pep (and depending on what Klopp does next) will go down as one of the GOAT managers, IMO. He'll have question marks about him, no doubt. But I think that's part of the parcel and why no one player/manager ever goes down as the undisputed GOAT, barring some exceptional cases.

Pintu

Ya, I agree with you there. It is easy to invent question marks for any managers, previously people were saying mou > pep because of resources as well.

Lets invent one for for Fergie then, unable to prove that he can successfully manage a club outside the British culture. Until he can win in Italy or Spain, I will not rate him as one of the GOATs.

Man its easy to nitpick like these Pep naysayers
This doesn't work for Fergie though. He had success in very different periods. The English football of early 90s is not the same as the 2000s. And it is not the same as the 2010s.

He managed to dominate the league in 2007-09, defeating the competition from Mourinho, Wenger and Benitez. That's 3 different schools, from other than the "British culture".

He also proved himself beyond that in the 2010-2013 period, winning 2 titles over other worthy challengers from outside culture. He won the title against Benitez, Wenger, Mancini and Ancelotti in his last seasons.

And contrarily to other coaches, most of his success wasn't down to his team being constantly 30% + richer than all its competitors.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
This doesn't work for Fergie though. He had success in very different periods. The English football of early 90s is not the same as the 2000s. And it is not the same as the 2010s.

He managed to dominate the league in 2007-09, defeating the competition from Mourinho, Wenger and Benitez. That's 3 different schools, from other than the "British culture".

He also proved himself beyond that in the 2010-2013 period, winning 2 titles over other worthy challengers from outside culture. He won the title against Benitez, Wenger, Mancini and Ancelotti in his last seasons.

And contrarily to other coaches, most of his success wasn't down to his team being constantly 30% + richer than all its competitors.
As I said, it is easy to put disqualifiers, because there is no perfect coach, even for someone like SAF. He still only did manage within the british culture, he never ventured out of it, put him in Real Madrid or Juventus which are in leagues with holly different culture, different systems and even different club politics and he may not be as successful.

Also, lets not forget that in SAF’s time, United were the club in EPL with the deepest pocket over the period of 20 odd years

padr81

Supports
Man City
You laugh but isn't that the one criticism that hurts him the most?
I've never seen him hurt about it so I'd love to know where you pulled that from in fact I've seen pep repeatedly say he's incredibly lucky to have the record and jobs he's had. Consistently acknowledges his trophy haul is down to his players and wat he's been given.
I'm open to being shown where he's hurt by it though

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
There's a lot to criticize about Guardiola, but his achievements have not been "par for the course."

Guy Incognito

There's a lot to criticize about Guardiola, but his achievements have not been "par for the course."
Yes but I think the spending arguement is always going to be taken to account.

If Klopp can squeeze a league title out of this squad then that's probably his greatest achievement at Liverpool.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yes but I think the spending arguement is always going to be taken to account.

If Klopp can squeeze a league title out of this squad then that's probably his greatest achievement at Liverpool.
This is why I like coaches to spend so we can take out that variable. Tuchel was hiding under the not spending excuse until now. Same Poch did at Spurs until he went to PSG.
Same happened to Lampard and Conte at Chelsea

Probably why Klopp won't take on a big job where he will spend a lot but must deliver instantly and every season too