Who you rate the highest Pep, Klopp or Tuchel?

432JuanMata

Our 3 rivals this season if we are too put together a challenge and all our rivals managers are rated as some of the best but who do you think is the best of the 3 ?

Last edited:

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
1 Klopp
2 Pep
3 Tuchel

Klopp achieved alot with less resources. Pep has done well with huge resources. Tuchel has not proved his longevity.

Teja

Pep for me.

It's mostly a what is good football question - Klopp is a realist - he knows the opposition will make a mistake and his style of football is built on making the most of mistakes that the other team makes. Guardiola, esp the Barca / tiki-taka one is an idealist, it's not about the opponent at all, it's a more pure vision of what football is and how it should be played. You might disagree with his interpretation of good football, but you can't deny the man has a vision.

Tuchel I don't think has a strong personal style, it's about the players themselves and giving them the opportunity to play to the best of their capabilities. If you throw him into a relegation scrap, I'm sure he'll do just fine.

estel_manutd

1 Klopp
2 Pep
3 Tuchel

Klopp achieved alot with less resources. Pep has done well with huge resources. Tuchel has not proved his longevity.
I think I would agree with this with one caveat. I have reservations whether Klopp can manage an individual superstar (like a Ronaldo or a Messi or a Mbappe) - someone who won't be a system player. Would Klopp's style of play work with such a player? I am not sure.

phenry

Our 3 rivals this season if he out too put together a challenge and all our rivals managers are rated as some of the best but who do you think is the best of the 3 ?
Tricky question. Pep has the best team but he spent the most money and such an amount that his merit is diminished somewhat. He's a great coach but he hasn't been tested as much as Klopp insofar as a return on resources is concerned. In that aspect I think Klopp is top dog and can do more with less however Tuchel has potential and this season will tell a lot. He proved himself in Germany and did well last season so expectations are justifiably high both in terms of his ability and the squad he has. Its hard to separate money spent and the talent of the coach but overall my vote goes to Klopp based on what we've seen so far. Three top coaches. I feel compelled to mention Ole in this debate because despite not having the credentials of the three you mentioned he has done enough for his team to be in the mix. Thats worthy of a mention. I respect Klopp, Pep and Tuchel (in that order) but hope this doesn't become another Ole bashing thread

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What has Tuchel achieved to be considered along with Klopp and Pep ?not yet.

Pep
Klopp.

mav_9me

Klopp over Pep any day for me. Not a fan of Pep style of football.

Yakuza_devils

Klopp and Pep are very close. Both play very exciting modern attacking football. Won many important titles.

But Klopp edge it because he doesn't really need to spend big and can go to any team to build the club with his philosophy.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
What has Tuchel achieved to be considered along with Klopp and Pep ?not yet.

Pep
Klopp.
If we`d just count CL titles Pep would be the odd one out regarding PL-team achivements,but since this is about what makes one great and you asked the question: he speaks german.

Okey

Tuchel doesn't really belong in that company just yet. Pep over Klopp for me. His vision of football is hard not to admire.

Sviken

Klopp over Pep for the sole reason that:
1. He has done it in different environments and teams (not teams stacked on talent, sitting on the top of the league already)
2. with far less resources

Tuchel isn't anywhere near.

marktan

I’d prefer Pep most here out of all. We have spent nearly as much since he took over city as them and if he was here we be cleaning up domestically IMO
He'd be better for us that what we had easily, but he also inherited a City team with Aguero, De Bruyne, Sterling, David Silva, Kompany and Fernandinho in their primes or near to. Who did we have? De Gea and a past it Rooney. The squad was genuinely terrible, and if Pep wanted to sign the calibre of player City had above, he'd have been looking at least another £300m or so at a minimum (£50m a pop), likely closer to £500m given than Pogba went for £85m the year Pep and Mourinho took over. I'd argue it wouldn't have been that easy for him given that a lot of his attacking signings haven't been that great and Sterling is still a starter, KDB their best player and they haven't replaced Aguero.

CG1010

I would only rate them according to whether I would have loved to have them manage United (before they joined our rivals that is).. and Klopp wins hands down. Not convincing him is the biggest mistake Woodword made. There is no better manager suited to United and he was let go to fecking Liverpool.

Pep is not someone I would like at the club at all. And I was quite indifferent on Tuchel and have been surprised by his impact at Chelsea. Still hoping he crashes and burns in the league but doesn't look like it will happen.

432JuanMata

He'd be better for us that what we had easily, but he also inherited a City team with Aguero, De Bruyne, Sterling, David Silva, Kompany and Fernandinho in their primes or near to. Who did we have? De Gea and a past it Rooney. The squad was genuinely terrible, and if Pep wanted to sign the calibre of player City had above, he'd have been looking at least another £300m or so at a minimum (£50m a pop), likely closer to £500m given than Pogba went for £85m the year Pep and Mourinho took over. I'd argue it wouldn't have been that easy for him given that a lot of his attacking signings haven't been that great and Sterling is still a starter, KDB their best player and they haven't replaced Aguero.
It wouldn’t of been as easy as city that is true but with the money he spent there he literally has 2 50m players for each position so our squad if he was here wouldn’t be as good as his city side but it be good enough to get a few titles also add in the fact City be worse without him

HailtotheKing

Pep is a mastermind given all the right ingredients but Klopp is the perfect combo of tactics and man manager that I would love to have seen at United. Pep is a bit of a spoiled brat. Klopp is a rockstar. Ole is an altar boy.

tenpoless

They all have their negatives. Klopp relying on grandads to press in his system that can't be sustained for a whole season. Pep doesn't have a CF and try to be a genius by playing 8 midfielders, smart but trying to be innovative for too much. Tuchel is at the stage where everything is still going right for him, a bit like Ole unbeatable runs but helped further by winning the CL and expensive signings to boost his squad. They didn't really tear it up to win that CL trophy and his system while it works, it is nothing like Klopp/Pep level. If those two had their struggles at PL, Tuchel will too.

But if I have to rate them in order it'd be Pep > Klopp > Tuchel.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  1. Pep
  2. Klopp
  3. Tuchel
Pretty clearly. Klopp can do more with less, but hard to say that any manager can reach the peak that Pep can.

copen1945

It has to be Klopp. It is painful to see those lot to have done it the right way. Not spending their way to the silverwares.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
They all have their negatives. Klopp relying on grandads to press in his system that can't be sustained for a whole season. Pep doesn't have a CF and try to be a genius by playing 8 midfielders, smart but trying to be innovative for too much. Tuchel is at the stage where everything is still going right for him, a bit like Ole unbeatable runs but helped further by winning the CL and expensive signings to boost his squad. They didn't really tear it up to win that CL trophy and his system while it works, it is nothing like Klopp/Pep level. If those two had their struggles at PL, Tuchel will too.

But if I have to rate them in order it'd be Pep > Klopp > Tuchel.
You mean the system he uses at Chelsea, which is completely different from the one he used in Paris, which was completely different from the one he used in Dortmund. Of these 3 coaches, Tuchel is the one with the most tools in his shed, tactically. I think he can surpass them both

LoneStar

Post 2013, who would win the most league titles for United? I'd think it would be Pep followed by Klopp and then Tuchel.

dal

Pep and Klopp are pretty much inseparable.

Tuchel shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same paragraph. Di Matteo even fluked a champions league with Chelsea. Tuchel hasn’t won a league bar the Mickey Mouse league in France.

ROFLUTION

I'm gonna go on current form and say Tuchel.

He won CL with them and they look the best team in the league at the moment.

But on historical merits, Klopp, Pep, Tuchel

OmarUnited4ever

all are great & successful coaches, but Pep has probably the highest reputation in world football, since he oversaw that legendry Barca team of 09/12, and continued to be successful with Bayern & City (although no continental win in Germany & England, he still dominated domestic leagues).

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Huh, tough, tough choice for sure. If i am owner with unlimited funds then i would hire Pep. He is the best chequebook manager in the world. With perfect players he will do the best.
But in real world (outside City anomaly) i would say
1) Tuchel
2) Klopp
3) Pep

I like Tuchel's football. Full control, not defensive or attacking, great tactical knowledge, excellent reading of game. He is the best for me at this moment.

crazynaiman

Supports
Chelsea
Let's compare their current power. It doesn't make sense to compare their whole careers. If careers, then 1) Pep 2) Klopp 3) Tuchel. But I mean nowadays it is obvious that Pep is struggling, isn't it? So TODAY I rate them:
1) Tuchel. Two CL finals in a row and 1 win. Classy football, beat Pep 3 times in a row. Impressive draw at Anfield with 10 players against Klopp. Total control of the team and tactical flexibility. Incredible match changing skill. Confident PL run.
2) Klopp. Also confident PL run. But too dependent on his players and tactically limited. He has his ideal 4-3-3, but not more.
3) Pep. He is like a mad genius. He doesn't know how to beat Chelsea. He doesn't know how to win the CL after Barca with Ovrebe and Messi/Xavi/Iniesta/Puyol/Alves. Very good PL coach, who won it 3 of 4 times. But this season his team played some weird matches, and it looks like Pep's tired.

tenpoless

You mean the system he uses at Chelsea, which is completely different from the one he used in Paris, which was completely different from the one he used in Dortmund. Of these 3 coaches, Tuchel is the one with the most tools in his shed, tactically. I think he can surpass them both
That's right I was referring to what I'm seeing at Chelsea and not the other clubs. He's good but he's no Pep or Klopp. Pep especially has revolutionized the game at Barca. Not so much at City but he's a brilliant tactician overall.