Who you REALLY want for new owner?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I would love to hear honest answers. Without any explanation. Only votes.
Mods can we have a poll;
A) Americans (some random american billionaire like Kroenke, Boehly, Glazers...)
B) Oil money
C) Jim Ratcliffe and co
D) Elon Musk

Last edited:

Herculean

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Mods can we have a poll;
A) Americans
B) Oil money
C) Jim Ratcliffe and co
D) Elon Musk
Musk

krazyrobus

Ready to sell my soul for that oil money.

TBH, I don't care who it is, so long as they improve the way the club is run and keep their hands out of the club's coffers.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Whomever we get will be very heavily scrutinised that's for sure. Out of those C.

Gavinb33

There are no altruistic billionaires

I just want someone who runs the club properly of we do that we almost do not need investment like most other clubs.

It'd be nice if it's Jim Ratcliffe but if it's not him the above is all I really care about.

I am not sure I can accept oil money unless its Canadian

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Norway’s sovereign wealth fund could use some diversification into sports.

Chairman Steve

Probably C) or A). Not all Americans are the Glazers.

Oil money not needed. City have just lucked out they got Guardiola who’s a once in a generation manager on top of the unlimited money cheat code. I remember their Mancini and Pellegrini days and they weren’t that invincible.

Musk is just a playful troll who at best knew something was happening. He has no interest in sports clubs. He just wants to be the global emperor of lobbyists.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I don’t care where they get there money from if I’m honest. 15 years ago maybe, but nowadays who cares.

stu_1992

"Americans" is quite vague and a bit of a bollocks option if we're honest. Glazers have been awful, but it's ridiculous to just assume that all American owners would be awful. Look at Liverpool's owners for example, no one could say they haven't improved that club.

Bwuk

Bezos. He can get us Mbappe next day delivery.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
"Americans" is quite vague and a bit of a bollocks option if we're honest. Glazers have been awful, but it's ridiculous to just assume that all American owners would be awful. Look at Liverpool's owners for example, no one could say they haven't improved that club.
Indeed. If US Investors were able to run the club well enough it would be fine.

But the question that would arise is how they actually plan to make sufficient money from the investment for it to be worth their while while also running the club in a way we fans would consider "well enough". I'm not convinced that works.

atkar83

Can Ratcliffe compete with the near unlimited budget of the Saudi's and Qataris? Almost billionnaires or a group of them that will rely on the team to make them money will make us cash poor. I do not want an oil company owning us, but it has to be a person or entity that can buy United and not be burdened by it.

massi83

C
If it is b or d I won't watch a single United game during their ownership

mu4c_20le

Sportswashing for a space karen is still better than oil states so

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The way the football narrative goes, I would think nobody would be content unless we were sold to UNICEF and all excess money spent on planting trees and fighting world hunger.

seegoblu

Ideally, an Indian billionaire. In addition to the vast wealth, such an owner brings the world’s largest population to the forefront and increases the value of the commercial aspect of the team…something the Glaziers actually did well.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Many on here will secretly be desperate for an Arab zillionaire.

Telsim

I want to ask all the Ratcliffe fans what do they think happens with the club once he is dead? He is supposedly the fan, but what about those that will inherit the club? The rest of the Ineos group, presumably? Do you trust them? Because let's be honest here the man isn't exactly young.

Will Singh

I think we should be open to anyone who will run the club properly, oil money doesn’t necessarily mean success it just means you can play with a unlimited money cheat code and pre Pep at Citeh proves that…!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Mods can we have a poll;
A) Americans
B) Oil money
C) Jim Ratcliffe and co
D) Elon Musk
I don't know too much about Jim Ratcliffe, but I'd not want any of the other options.

Withnail

American investors are the least worst option. They're indirect cnuts as opposed to directly involved cnuts and Radcliffe's all fart and no shite, a completely pointless option.

arthurka

Bezos just came out and said he was giving away 100bn or something, just give away 80 and we are good.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Walt Disney just brought back their old CEO, who loves a splashy acquisition. It might be an easy negotiation in Central Florida.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Anyone who is going to spend £600m developing the stadium and infrastructure (training ground for senior and youth academy) into a state of the art, world leading set up. Im talking full on Cheese and Wine restaurant and everything.

IrishMcD

Feck the oil money, gimme that sweet, sweet narcotics money!!!
El Chapo Guzman and the Sinaloa Cartel.

Flying high

Well the best way to get oil money out of the game, is if we get some.

The outcry would probably break the planet though.