Who you REALLY want for new owner?

Dazzmondo

Meh, billionaires are nearly all evil cnuts. Choosing on "moral" grounds is pretty naive imo. Whoever looks after the club's best interests.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I have no idea who can afford us, but if we become a sports washing operation ala City and PSG then I'm probably done with supporting United "actively". I've come to terms with football being a filthy capitalist sport, but that is where I draw the line.

I just assume that all billionaires are cnuts so I don't have any strong preferences when it comes to who we get. I just hope that they actually care about results and aren't complete clowns. Old money or a nouveau riche who acts like old money would be to prefer I guess. Definitely not someone like Musk.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Can Ratcliffe compete with the near unlimited budget of the Saudi's and Qataris? Almost billionnaires or a group of them that will rely on the team to make them money will make us cash poor. I do not want an oil company owning us, but it has to be a person or entity that can buy United and not be burdened by it.
Don’t really need to. The difference between us and City is that we can still spend big through our own revenue, while they need a sugar daddy.

Basically we need an owner to clear the debt, and spend money on infrastructure without sucking money from the club.

redcucumber

Meh, billionaires are nearly all evil cnuts. Choosing on "moral" grounds is pretty naive imo. Whoever looks after the club's best interests.
There's definitely a spectrum. Musk is completely insane, inflammatory and you'd genuinely fear we might cease to exist at some point under his ownership. An oil state likely has fairly direct involvement in the worst crimes possible (Bin Salman). A rich fella like Ratcliffe or Steve Ballmer (as mentioned in this thread) both seem fairly middle of the road in comparison.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
An owner who will bring Old Trafford back up to being in world class condition. An owner with that as a priority will most likely also be interested in fixing problems around the clubs structure and planning.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
There's no saint among any of these, so I'd go with a Todd Boehly type of American billionaire with a good track record in one or more American sport e.g. Balmer (though not sure how well his teams have done).

This is because I think Ratcliffe is out but he's our best option otherwise.

red thru&thru

Whoever it will be, it won't be satisfactory for 100% of the fans.

We've just got to hope it's someone who will invest into the future of the club, like City have.

Dazzmondo

There's definitely a spectrum. Musk is completely insane, inflammatory and you'd genuinely fear we might cease to exist at some point under his ownership. An oil state likely has fairly direct involvement in the worst crimes possible (Bin Salman). A rich fella like Ratcliffe or Steve Ballmer (as mentioned in this thread) both seem fairly middle of the road in comparison.
Honestly, these people have enough money to clean up whatever they want. I've no doubt they wouldn't be against either directly or indirectly taking lives if it served their own interests. I don't think we've any way of really knowing what each of them has and hasn't done because many of their worst deeds will undoubtedly have been suppressed.

Jacob

I'd take Arab money. If you can't beat them, join them.

Bebe

In all seriousness, I'd pick from the given options in this order:

Ratcliffe
Musk
Random US billionaires
Oil state

Feck the oil money, gimme that sweet, sweet narcotics money!!!
El Chapo Guzman and the Sinaloa Cartel.
Best suggestion thus far

DevilRed

The only investors/owners that could realistically buy us outright are the oil countries and a consortium of investors (likely American backed by PE funds).

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Anyone that will invest in the club and its infrastructure like it should be and without putting the club into debt again. Options are severely limited due to the value of the club though.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ideally, an Indian billionaire. In addition to the vast wealth, such an owner brings the world’s largest population to the forefront and increases the value of the commercial aspect of the team…something the Glaziers actually did well.
The Venkys! :drool:

Glorio

Ronaldo to buy the club, sack the board, sack ETH, sell Maguire, make himself player-captain-coach, bring in Ole as his assistant, Keano and Rio as coaching staff, send Bruno to the reserves and make him travel there by boat, rename the club Ronaldo FC, hire Rangnick and then sack him for the fun of it, anoint himself as the club's highest goal scorer just because, merge the trinity statues into one giant Cristiano one.

Boondog

I want an owner City and Newcastle will fear. Someone with insanely deep pockets who is a favorite to lock up any top talent that hits the market. Don't care about nationality or any of that nonsense the populist muppets are sweating. Filthy rich.

TheGodsInRed

None are perfect, but there is a big difference between a greedy businessman and a murderous regime like the Newcastle owners.

Valencia Shin Crosses

This. I literally don’t give a shit as long as they run the club properly like it deserves to be run

If anyone wants to boycott certain owners because of their own moral code, then more power to you. But it’s not a realistic stance to take, and I’d rather just have my club I support run well than give a shit whether the owner did some shady shit to amass a fortune 20 years ago.

Abraxas

Hard to say. What do we really know about how these guys will run the club? Next to nothing. That aspect is always a lottery.

You can guarantee a few have skeletons in their closet somewhere even if they seem the most preferable on paper so it's not like we know how kind, thoughtful and understanding they all are.

Ratcliffe seems the nicest fit, but I say that in the knowledge that I don't really know much about the guy except a few interview snippets and quotes which he comes into with an agenda. Not enough to say he's a great chap.

bringbackbebe

Donald Trump

On a serious note, talks with some party (parties) must be at an advanced stage for Glazers to come out publicly.

gregwar

Are we in a position to be picky?

Glazers won't last long with the increase in interest rates - their business model is f**ked.

TheRedHearted

There are no altruistic billionaires

I just want someone who runs the club properly of we do that we almost do not need investment like most other clubs.

It'd be nice if it's Jim Ratcliffe but if it's not him the above is all I really care about.

I am not sure I can accept oil money unless its Canadian
What about a company buying it? Apple is worth 2 trillion.. is this illegal in the premier league? Isn’t city owned by a “investment group”

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo, so we can have full upgrade on training facilities :drool:

babablue

Oil money. Preferably Dubai or Oman. History remembers titles, not owners.

BaneIsPain

Oman, UAE, Kuwait or any other oil money. As long as no interference, more smart investment, I'm all for it.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Jim Ratcliffe, definitely #1 choice. He is a fan and he understands football, and he is neither money-obsessed businessman, nor a blood-oil sheikh, nor an immoral idiot and liar who can only succeed in businesses that are heavily subsidized by government, nor a murderous Russian oligarch.

Last edited: