Who you REALLY want for new owner?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A massive consortium of our top 50 favourite United players / pashun displayers, fused riches from money men made in a sustainable caring ethical way.

Ace of Spades

Anyone competent I guess.

I don't really have a preference, and I do not believe any of the options are 'good'.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ideally I want somebody who will actively look to hire best-in-class people throughout the positions of power at the top of the club, and then stay the hell out of everything and let those people run it. I don't want them putting a cent of their own money into the playing squad as we simply don't need it. The club makes enough money to deal with that ourselves, and personally I feel it would cheapen any success we would get if it was paid for by a sugar daddy. The issue we've had over the last decade is that all that money has been utterly squandered through incompetence. The only thing that I would appreciate the owner digging into their own pockets for is into things like stadium and training ground improvements. I don't think the club makes enough to handle both the significant turnover I believe we need in the playing squad AND those infrastructure improvements in a relatively short period of time.

Then they can sit back and just enjoy watching the asset that they own (Man Utd) appreciate in value. If they want to make regular appearances in the stadium and whatnot then even better, as long as they don't want to be hands-on with actually running the club themselves.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If say a Qatari or Arab prince came to buy your club. How many would protest against the sale and how many would protest for the sale (a La Newcastle fans)? I’m curious
I think nobody would protest either way. Against sale for sure nobody would not protest

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Red Knights might have finally finished preparing their bid - £1.2 billion and a new contract for Anderson.
Funny that you bring up Red Knights I see Jim Oneill saying he would be interested in bringing in a consortium but for the greed of the Glazers…getting those excuses in early.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I want oil money, I don't even care how much of a shallow hypocrite that makes me.

RedStarUnited

Probably C) or A). Not all Americans are the Glazers.

Oil money not needed. City have just lucked out they got Guardiola who’s a once in a generation manager on top of the unlimited money cheat code. I remember their Mancini and Pellegrini days and they weren’t that invincible.

Musk is just a playful troll who at best knew something was happening. He has no interest in sports clubs. He just wants to be the global emperor of lobbyists.
City did not luck out. They started the process to get Pep in 2011. All the footballing decisions and hires were made with Pep in mind. And you can bet that they are paying him a fortune to stay there for what will be almost a decade now after his recent renewal.

I would love to hear honest answers. Without any explanation. Only votes.
Mods can we have a poll;
A) Americans (some random american billionaire like Kroenke, Boehly, Glazers...)
B) Oil money
C) Jim Ratcliffe and co
D) Elon Musk
B and a very easy B.

Everyone not saying B would care less if B was to happen and success arrived.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Its confusing because you wrote not increase shareholder value then say get returns on increasing value asset. Which is it? And if they are buying for other reasons and not to make money but make money from increasing asset value. Thats still making money.

Anyway I get you. I think. But that just means someone buying it for nefarious means. Sports washing or whatever evil they need to hide behind Man Utd brand. Is that wat you are trying to say you want?
Sorry not being clear, with the current valuations, buying United (or any other large, established football club) is stupidity on pure financial grounds. There's no way it's a better investment than countless other vehicles to throw capital at.

So anyone entity that did purchase United would presumably be doing it for another reason. Whether prestige for an uber-wealthy person, or sportswashing...that's kind of all I've got.

So I wouldn't expect a financially-motivated buyer, so I view it as unlikely as to whomever does buy us to squeeze us for value.

The best case scenario would be some benevolent billionaire who either loves United or doesn't worry about making money from us. At that point, I was saying if we can just run like a football club, we'd be fine. (spend what we earn each season, basiclly)

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The way the football narrative goes, I would think nobody would be content unless we were sold to UNICEF and all excess money spent on planting trees and fighting world hunger.
This.

It's also hilarious how people are keen to see some billionaires own the club but not others as if their preferred choices themselves haven't likely done some morally questionable things to acquire and sustain their wealth.

This idea that oil money is so dirty while random billionaires money is pure is hilarious to me.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I wouldn’t be surprised if we struggle to find a buyer because who would want to buy a club that’s in massive debt? That means spending a shed load before even starting and upgrading facilities.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Speak for yourself. Just because you wouldn't care where the money came from, there are definitely fans who do, and would stop supporting the club if it was a country with a dodgy human rights record.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I wouldn’t be surprised if we struggle to find a buyer because who would want to buy a club that’s in massive debt? That means spending a shed load before even starting and upgrading facilities.
It's not just any club though. It's a unicorn of a club with enormous prestige.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
City did not luck out. They started the process to get Pep in 2011. All the footballing decisions and hires were made with Pep in mind. And you can bet that they are paying him a fortune to stay there for what will be almost a decade now after his recent renewal.

B and a very easy B.

Regarding the first part, what happened in 2011 specifically? While I know they paved the way for him, I would have linked it more with the arrival of Begiristain, at the end of 2012.

Also, regarding your second point - it would be nice if you didn't assume to know what was important to other people, and how they'd react in a fictitious scenario.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

B and a very easy B.

Horseshit.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It's not just any club though. It's a unicorn of a club with enormous prestige.
Ye I get that, there gonna have to be Mega loaded though… we need someone to pay of the debt, upgrade the training facilities and upgrade old Trafford. That should be the priority and it won’t come cheap. Knowing the glazers though they’ll sell to the worse people just to annoy us lot.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ye I get that, there gonna have to be Mega loaded though… we need someone to pay of the debt, upgrade the training facilities and upgrade old Trafford. That should be the priority and it won’t come cheap. Knowing the glazers though they’ll sell to the worse people just to annoy us lot.
But that is a given. Again, it is the rarest of entities to own. It should be for the most exclusive of groups, and I don't see it being a problem amongst such groups. We're beyond the reach of those wanting to rustle up some change.

GregM40

A big company/firm/investor could own 49% whilst fans bought the rest. Would take a lot of fans though. The amounts are eye watering really.

Waynne

Dubai.

We already have our own baldy.

We need to match City. No fecking around.

stevoc

No dictatorships and no one looking to asset strip.

Hopefully someone interested in making United the best again and allowing the club to make the most of the money it generates.

dinostar77

A nation state from middle east or ratcliffe. As long they improve the facilities, improve the stadium. Increase it to 90,000 + and reinvest profits back into the club, i'll be happy.

Zed 101

Anyone rich enough to afford to buy Utd is likely to have a long list of suspicious issues, if we are talking pie in the sky?? maybe a giant Chinese, Japanese or Korean firm, Sony, Samsung, Xiaomi, Nintendo..... seems unlikely but TBH when it comes down to billionaires or individuals backed by sovereign states all will come with baggage, but then City, PSG, Newcastle etc. have already breached that wall, so I guess who cares anymore?

Samsung would be great!

RedStarUnited

Regarding the first part, what happened in 2011 specifically? While I know they paved the way for him, I would have linked it more with the arrival of Begiristain, at the end of 2012.

Also, regarding your second point - it would be nice if you didn't assume to know what was important to other people, and how they'd react in a fictitious scenario.
First part, I read his autobiography and they mentioned in there that when he said he was leaving Barca in 2012, City approached him then.

Von Mistelroum

It's less a matter of who I want. More what I want. Stability, ability to compete both for signings and with youth coming through etc.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The best for club would be oil money. Those guys showed that they know how to run a club (by hiring best people on all positions).
So give me those. I have literally zero morale issues about it.

UpWithRivers

All billionaires are sus so I guess we try get the best of them i.e not the state owned ones with despicable human rights issues. India billionaire would make sense. Massive market in India. Any Indian fans on here - whats Adani like? Killed anyone recently?

DevilRed

Literally anybody who doesn't saddle the club with debt.

But of course Dubai looks the most promising, especially if they are willing to pump major investment into the club.

People are forgetting that our club is unbelievably profitable and could have been more than a billion richer if we hadn't been paying off the glazer's interest payments all these years. We aren't shite like psg, city and newcastle who could barely afford to keep on the electricity before their new owners came.

While it would cost a potential buyer alot of money, it will almost definitely pay itself off in the medium/long term for them.

We are a cash making machine.

ThreeCorners

How can anyone, looking at what is happening at Twitter, possibly want that moron for us! :houllier:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We need competence not money. The latter isn't really an issue for us.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All billionaires are sus so I guess we try get the best of them i.e not the state owned ones with despicable human rights issues. India billionaire would make sense. Massive market in India. Any Indian fans on here - whats Adani like? Killed anyone recently?
Well he's only risen up the richness ranks due to his close relations with Modi so there's that.