Who you REALLY want for new owner?

Withnail

You all do understand that everybody (including Ratcliffe) except Dubai will behave just like Glazers? Look for profit. With owners who chase profit you can't fight against oil clubs.

You want morale ground? That is fine. But then don't moan next 10, 20 years about lack of trophies.
A club can be run for profit and run well.
The Glazers weren't really all that interested in making the club a success which would have actually led to greater profits. They've done the bare minimum, made most, if not all, of their investment back and will be fecking off with billions of profit.

We don't need to be a state run sportswashing project to be a well-run club.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Indeed, over the course of the 19th century Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the emirates that comprise the UAE (then collectively referred to as the Trucial States), and Oman all became British protectorates. The British Residency in the region was based in Bahrain.

Just seen they’re worth $2.3trillion :lol:
I've seen rumblings of Amazon and Apple wanting to buy United too.

Okay? Not sure what that has to do with protests or fans making their own decisions on whether to continue supporting.
Fans won't complain if we're winning.

redIndianDevil

I don't see serious companies like Amazon, Apple wasting money in a football club. There is no money in running a football club. I don't like seeing us become another sportswashing project. But those sportswashers are the only people who are willing to waste their ill-earned money. Is there no way we can be run by fans like Bayern or Barca?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don't see serious companies like Amazon, Apple wasting money in a football club. There is no money in running a football club. I don't like seeing us become another sportswashing project. But those sportswashers are the only people who are willing to waste their ill-earned money. Is there no way we can be run by fans like Bayern or Barca?
Nope, unless fans group together and raise 5-10 billion.

(which will never happen) unless you see every Man Utd fan on the planet chucking in $10, where in some countries $10 is a weeks wages.

Then you'd need a legal framework in how to operate which needs to be agreed upon, it'll never happen.

NoLogo

I really don't know if there is a good owner model. I'm old school when it comes to that and think these clubs should be clubs, owned by the fans, the members who pay a monthly fee and have voting rights. Is that a perfect model, no it's not it still can get idiots like Bartomeu elected who will ruin your club, so no way is that a perfect model but it's the one that feels right, at least to me.

Football should be more than a simple business, but I also have to admit that it really isn't anymore, so in that sense a sports development conglomerate like FSG, who know what they are doing and can modernize our club might be the best we can hope for, but probably we'll get one of the shitty ones or an oil state who tries to, by owning the most prestigious football club in the world, make people forget that they torture and imprison their own citizens on a regular basis.

Ah great, football is turning me into a cynic, thanks a lot Infantino, you cnut.

Rojofiam

The Glazers weren't really all that interested in making the club a success which would have actually led to greater profits. They've done the bare minimum, made most, if not all, of their investment back and will be fecking off with billions of profit.

This is what people don't seem to understand.

croadyman

Ratcliffe is the ideal owners in the eyes of the majority,however can't shake this feeling of him not having the necessary finance to keep us competitive but also whether he has any idea of who needs to be put in place to run the club effectively.

I really wish we hadn't seen such competence from City's owners in how to improve facilities and infrastructure in the area because then could fully back Jim.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ratcliffe is the ideal owners in the eyes of the majority,however can't shake this feeling of him not having the necessary finance to keep us competitive but also whether he has any idea of who needs to be put in place to run the club effectively.

I really wish we hadn't seen such competence from City's owners in how to improve facilities and infrastructure in the area because then could fully back Jim.
I can’t help feeling that yes he may be a fan but ultimately he’s another money grabbing businessman who will seek to maximise all that will make him dividends

croadyman

I can’t help feeling that yes he may be a fan but ultimately he’s another money grabbing businessman who will seek to maximise all that will make him dividends
Let's face it no buyer is the perfect option,if you go with him then there is concern about us just maximising profit but on the other hand with state ownership there is moral issues but a desire to be the best in class everywhere.

Dan_F

Fans won't complain if we're winning.
Even though a load of United fans went and set up their own club when the Glazers took over? Even though there was consistent protests against the Glazers through one of our most successful periods in history?

People will absolutely protest human rights abusers buying the club.

croadyman

Even though a load of United fans went and set up their own club when the Glazers took over? Even though there was consistent protests against the Glazers through one of our most successful periods in history?

People will absolutely protest human rights abusers buying the club.
Let's face it we can't please everyone

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Of course that you don't need to be oil state club. But to fight for titles with those clubs, you do.
Because oil clubs can afford to pay whatever to get a player.
Look at City; they buy "wrong" player and then they buy another one without even selling previous one. They can give fecking player's dad 20 mil in cash just to get a player. Bonus fees also.

You can't keep up with that despite how well run are you.

croadyman

Apple because that really is MEGA money,makes Newcastle look like paupers

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Apple would be ideal. 2nd choice would be the Middle East.

Withnail

Of course that you don't need to be oil state club. But to fight for titles with those clubs, you do.
Because oil clubs can afford to pay whatever to get a player.
Look at City; they buy "wrong" player and then they buy another one without even selling previous one. They can give fecking player's dad 20 mil in cash just to get a player. Bonus fees also.

You can't keep up with that despite how well run are you.
Well that's a depressing thought and, I can't stress this enough, feck that.

KungPaoChicken

Some people need to get somewhat more realistic expectations. If a sale materializes there are only two possible scenarios.

1. A profit driven entity buys the club. It can be one person, a family, a fund, a consortium and probably some others i have forgot to mention it.
2. Someone buys the clubs for sports-washing or boosting their ego.

And no, the club going into fan ownership is highly unlikely. There is absolutly no precedent of a sportsclub with a market value anywhere near that of Manchester United transitioning from a privatly or publicly traded club ino a fan-owned club.

When you look at profit driven clubs have glazers really been as terrible as everyone like to think? We could end up with owners like Venkys, Previous owners of Liverpool Gillett and Hicks, current owners Fenway group, arenal owners kroenke, tottenham owners Joe Lewis & Daniel Levy, shahid khan owner of Fullham og lets not forget to mention Vincent Tan. It is absolutly not impossible United will end up with worse owners.

Reactions: Sultan

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

There are plenty red flags surrounding JR. Unfortunately many local fans chose to ignore them

Mwooyo

Apple are the real best option in my eyes. They have a ton of money to spare to rebuild manutd plus they already have a bussiness model raking in billions of money per year. They dont need the money coming in from manutd to do anything. In addition it would be a super solid tech plus sport partnership that fits in with everything they make.

All they would do is rebuild the infrastructure, appoint the worlds best in each position and literally watch as the club runs its self from its own revenue. If they are seriously interested, its a no brainer to me

croadyman

Apple are the real best option in my eyes. They have a ton of money to spare to rebuild manutd plus they already have a bussiness model raking in billions of money per year. They dont need the money coming in from manutd to do anything. In addition it would be a super solid tech plus sport partnership that fits in with everything they make. If they are seriously interested, its a no brainer to me
They may want to get into showing Premier League games which obviously can't happen if they own one of the clubs

Castia

Whoever has the most money. I don't care where that money comes from.

croadyman

Whoever has the most money. I don't care where that money comes from.
I would be over the moon with Ortega

Sounds like this Ambani is a real dodgy character but that probably applies to many multi billionaires. I suggest the likes of Apple,Amazon,Facebook are clickbait BS

Dan_F

Let's face it we can't please everyone
Probably not. But you can have a football club that’s not run by a regime who get journalists cut up and put into suitcases. I’m so glad the Saudi’s are off the table. We’ll just have to see what unfolds.

Mwooyo

They may want to get into showing Premier League games which obviously can't happen if they own one of the clubs
This is easily fixed by a long held secret in the bussiness world. Subsidiaries. Create a separate company that handles that. Bring in a bunch of other people/companies to join you as share holders inorder to muddy the water. Now, no one remembers its actually you in the background.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
You all do understand that everybody (including Ratcliffe) except Dubai will behave just like Glazers? Look for profit. With owners who chase profit you can't fight against oil clubs.

You want morale ground? That is fine. But then don't moan next 10, 20 years about lack of trophies.
This.

But people want to have cake in both hands and eat it too.

Sviken

Apple would be perfect for us. Not completely souless. Tech corp, we won't be used for sports washing since they don't need it, easily have the money to compete with everyone out there, including the sheikhs, still some roots remain at the club. It's not perfect, nothing is apart from fan ownership, but it's the next best thing.

I'd despite it if we are taken over by a state. It's one of the ugliest things in football and it'll ruin my enjoyment of the club.

croadyman

Probably not. But you can have a football club that’s not run by a regime who get journalists cut up and put into suitcases. I’m so glad the Saudi’s are off the table. We’ll just have to see what unfolds.
That's why people like Ortega and the tech giants are a happy medium because are filthy rich but not run by regimes either

Cal?

CR7 fan
Apple would be the best, by far the richest owners and no worries about succession issues like Musk or Bezos. :drool:

Revaulx

Very much so.

And “loading the club with debt” to finance infrastructure improvements is a hell of a lot more acceptable than doing it for whatever the Glazers are up to.