Who you REALLY want for new owner?

croadyman

Apple would be amazing but surely the investors wouldn’t be happy. 10 billion on a football club?

It doesn’t seem very Apple like to me. They have never done anything like that before. Do Microsoft then buy Liverpool? I’ve always been a Mac guy so I backed the right horse if so :D

Jim Ratcliffe I don’t want. Don’t think he has the money to compete with these Middle East money pit owners. At least Apple theoretically would have some new ideas.

Middle East ownership is boring. Seen it before not really a fan at all of blatant cheating.
Yeah Apple stuff was a good story but unrealistic

Abraxas

Someone that gives a shit about sporting decisions would be a massive start. Whoever they are and whatever the nature of their ownership is.

The worst thing by far about the Glazers is nothing actually matters except the bottom line. That's why we're in a state of neglect as a club because that attitude permeates into their appointments, the prioritisation of infrastructure around the club, and it transmits to a lack of connection between the club and fans. It's not because they took dividends or even that they had us service debt.

Biggins

It is sad but if anyone thinks that there is an option of an owner with impeccable ethical reputation than good riddance.

I want an owner who will delegate sporting responsibilities to adequate people and make investments for the long run rather than just throwing money at main squad.

Based on how City are run, it seems that Dubai should be the best option. UAE are not scared of delegating work to people with proper know-how.

croadyman

It is sad but if anyone thinks that there is an option of an owner with impeccable ethical reputation than good riddance.

I want an owner who will delegate sporting responsibilities to adequate people and make investments for the long run rather than just throwing money at main squad.

Based on how City are run, it seems that Dubai should be the best option. UAE are not scared of delegating work to people with proper know-how.
Yeah that is one thing the middle east ownership has shown evidence of being able to do

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If the Saudis own both Liverpool and United, on top of Newcastle, its simultaneously the high point of the global appeal of the premier league and the time when English football will have parted itself from any soul it had left.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
A succesful football club is a compromised football club. It's that simple. Even a club like Bayern can't compete. Madrid and Barca have been shown to be hugely financially flawed once the state aid was taken away. So all that's left is running for profit and sports washing. And running for profit is not going to deliver long term success on the field in England. The most you can hope for is a Liverpool style purple patch.

So no owner is going to give us what we want with clean hands.

croadyman

If the Saudis own both Liverpool and United, on top of Newcastle, its simultaneously the high point of the global appeal of the premier league and the time when English football will have parted itself from any soul it had left.
Yeah three teams in one league is OTT