Who's had the best transfer window?

Red Star One

Simple question, which Premier League team had the best transfer window this summer? Of course it's very difficult to tell anything before we see the new players on the pitch, but that's the whole point - on paper, who rocked it and who flopped?

For me, best:
Either Liverpool or Everton (I think all Richarlison, Mina, Gomes, Bernard and Digne can prove to be quality additions, even if three out of five work out they'll be fine)

Worst:
Maybe Chelsea? Kepa is quality, but he will need some time to adjust, so at least for this season they are worse off when it come to GK. Jorginho is very good and Kovacic will come handy, but if they plan to play midfield three of Jorginho-Kante-Kova, I think it really lacks goals.
Then it's maybe us.
Also Spurs didn't do much, but for them to stick to their players is an achievement already - actually I have just read they are the first club in Premier League history not to buy a single player over the summer window :lol: wow

Justin Bieber

Best:

Liverpool.

Quality keeper two brilliant upgrades to the midfield and decent back up in Shaqiri.

Worst:

Spurs.

Literal zero out of ten.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm not sure Spurs have had the worst window. They've kept hold of all their players (so far). Newcastle have had a diabolical window. For our expectations and needs we've had an atrocious window.

Liverpool have had a great window.

settembrini

I haven't paid much attention to teams that aren't United's rivals so here's my top 6 ranking:

1. Liverpool. Obviously.
2. Arsenal. Replaced their dinosaur manager and made smart low risk signings.
3. City. Bought one of the best attackers in the league when they could have bought no-one and still been favourites.
3. Chelsea. Didn't address their problems but their new midfield looks great.
4. United. Didn't address their problems but Fred and Dalot represent some hope.
6. Tottenham. Pochettino has been completely let down by Levy.

nameischarles

Clearly Liverpool they addressed their GK issue and got some decent players.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Liverpool had the best window, no question - they have no excuse whatsoever if they don’t finish at least second and with a trophy (unless City do the quadruple).

Spurs the worst by default, though keeping the manager and renewing their stars is very important obviously. Be interesting to see how much they get if they sell Toby abroad ahead of the foreign window closing.

CallyRed

Come over to the red side Poch, we will atleast guarantee you one of your targets.

worldinmotion66

Fulham have had the best window. They've attracted some incredible talent for a promoted side and I fully expect they and Wolves to comfortably avoid relegation this season.

Spurs have clearly had the worst window. They lack depth and have some unhappy players amongst their ranks. They are completely dependent on Kane staying fit and have very little creativity should Eriksen struggle.

MrSingh2002

Best
Liverpool
Fulham
Wolves

Worst
Newcastle
Tottenham

Man Utd somewhere in between. Not ruthless enough to cut Shaw and Jones for like for like replacements.

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
Best:
Liverpool
West Ham
Wolves
... have spent a lot, but appear to have spent it well.

Most overrated:
Fulham,
Brighton
...both have spent quite a lot of money on what I think aren't that great players. Brighton's team should still be enough to survive this season, but I reckon Fulham will still go down despite lots of signings.

Worst:
Newcastle
Cardiff

Watford fans are also pretty disappointed on the whole with the window, the reaction on our forum is very similar to United fans on here - there have been a couple of potentially promising new signings, but a couple of key positions where the fans have long been desperate for upgrades have not been strengthened (our sentiments about our striker and centre-back positions are pretty similar to the United fans about right-wing and left-back).

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm not sure Spurs have had the worst window. They've kept hold of all their players (so far). Newcastle have had a diabolical window. For our expectations and needs we've had an atrocious window.

Liverpool have had a great window.
Which club didn't keep their players? Watford? Not a high benchmark that.

AgentP

Fulham, Everton, West Ham and Wolves have all done amazing. Liverpool the best among the top 6 followed by Chelsea and Arsenal.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
For their level, i think Wolves.

Liverpool are harder to judge, cause they are expected to fight for title, but their signings are unproven in PL, but on paper they look good.

I think Wolves are better equipped for their goal, which i assume is stay in the PL, and build a team that can do well in the coming years, while Liverpool wants to challenge for the title.

Cloud7

I would be lying if I said I knew much about the goings on at all the PL clubs, so I can only comment on the ones I know.

Pool had the best window. Quality keeper and two good additions in midfield.

Spurs had the worst for me. The only team that could have gotten away with not making any additions at all were city, and even they boosted their squad.

Patrick08

As per my view Chelsea had the best and not Liverpool.

Jorginho and Kovacic Fine additions in midfield, kept Kante and Fabregas, Hazard and Willian, got a keeper replacement sorted out quick although for huge money. Got a good manager with good playing style and all this when they least expected it. Which is why i am rating theirs as best. Liverpool had lot of replacements when their players left.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Which club didn't keep their players? Watford? Not a high benchmark that.
Oh come on. Spurs are in a more precarious position than most given the level of players they have and how strict they've been with their wages. The fact they didn't sign anyone but still kept players many bigger clubs would like is relatively decent.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Liverpool no doubt. Everton, WH and Wolves has also got some quality signings in.

AlwaysRed66

Liverpool best, with Man City, who didn't need to add much.

I am unsure why Everton is so highly thought off, as most of the signings are overpaid duds, & would not be surprised if they do far worse than most think this season.

Spurs are disappointing, though they never lost anyone, which is what they used to do in the past.

No point commenting on us, as it is too depressing that we haven't improved much.

Seven Seas Sardines

Fulham, Everton, West Ham and Wolves have all done amazing. Liverpool the best among the top 6 followed by Chelsea and Arsenal.
Agreed. Will be interesting to follow the ones in bold to see how they accommodate all the new signings in the fight for 7th-10th. All of them have 6-9 new regular starters. :eek:

Burnley with EL will drop down to 11th IMO. Hoping West Ham kick into gear on opening day of course.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Best:
Liverpool
West Ham
Wolves
... have spent a lot, but appear to have spent it well.

Most overrated:
Fulham,
Brighton
...both have spent quite a lot of money on what I think aren't that great players. Brighton's team should still be enough to survive this season, but I reckon Fulham will still go down despite lots of signings.

Worst:
Newcastle
Cardiff

Watford fans are also pretty disappointed on the whole with the window, the reaction on our forum is very similar to United fans on here - there have been a couple of potentially promising new signings, but a couple of key positions where the fans have long been desperate for upgrades have not been strengthened (our sentiments about our striker and centre-back positions are pretty similar to the United fans about right-wing and left-back).
Eh? No way are Fulham in the bottom 3 at the end.

Crashoutcassius

Pool vs spurs at other end. Somewhere in there are clubs that bought a lot of players, we will just have to see how that all plays out. Who knows if all of every one rag tag band will gel.

United and Chelsea I would consider way down the list. Jorginho is equivalent to fred and imagine if we had sold ddg for 35 and signed kepa for 72..... that's what happened at Chelsea. I think United had a better window than Chelsea if dalot really is as talented as we hear

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Jury's out on Everton — they seemed to buy some good players last year but look how it turned out. But potentially a great window for them.

Liverpool were spot on, they reminded me of Mou's second season of his second Chelsea spell — when they've bought top players for their worst positions to elevate the team to another level. That was something I thought that Jose would do. Hopefully Alisson will turn out worse than Karius, Fabinho bottles it and Keita doesn't live up to the expectations but it's just a wishful thinking at the moment. They're not better than City though, so that's something.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Fulham have had the best window. They've attracted some incredible talent for a promoted side and I fully expect they and Wolves to comfortably avoid relegation this season.

Spurs have clearly had the worst window. They lack depth and have some unhappy players amongst their ranks. They are completely dependent on Kane staying fit and have very little creativity should Eriksen struggle.
Fulham will finish top ten. Phenomenal window. Seemingly out of nowhere.

I won't kick Spurs anymore. Levy has done that all summer.

Litch

No one until a run of games to assess them. The majority of all the signings are unproven in this very unforgiving league and lost count the amount of so called good signings, just haven't been. We've had our own experiences of that with the voted best players that season from Germany football for example....

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
Can only comment my opinions.

Liverpool seemed to do good business. But based on the pre-season Fabinho is so and so yet. Needs time. Allison looks an upgrade. Not really tested but based on the pre-season and last season Liverpool will have possession and his distribution is needed. His saves are good I suppose. But the most unexpectedly good signing has been Shaqiri. In pre-season he simply has been on Coutinho's level in creativity. My guess and hope he is the guy who will unlock the defenses vs bus sides. His passing in pre-season has been sublime. If he carries on like that he will be touted as a similiar revelation as Salah was last season.

Keita also looks like a real deal when he really settles. So 3 out of 4 signings have looked very good deals.

Chelsea seems to have handled their chaotic situation way too well to my liking as a rival. A month ago they were losing Hazard, Courtois, Kante and Willian. Somehow they scrambled and lost only Courtois but acted decively in getting a replacement. Be that as it may. And got a bonus in Kovacic. If they had gotten a reliable striker then they would have been clear winners. From the brink to the genuine challengers. And they have Girourd who was levels better than Morata last season so they do have a solid striker.

Some other sides did good business on paper Wolves, Fulham, Arsenal maybe Everton, but everything depends to get them to work together quick.

United was a circus. Kudos for not panicking but the targets were really weird especially later on. Another CB?!?! Jose must be losing his marbles. That CB would probably have bang in double digits in goals from set pieces in his mind. Suddenly it feels that Fellaini went from being plan B to plan A as practically no attacking issues were addressed at all. Or was the plan to have a ball playing CB be the one to hoof the ball more accurately to the Fellis/Lukaku? Who knows.

Tottenham is in nose deep in deep end of the pool. Once they start tiring then the shit will hit the fan. They are like Liverpool 2 seasons ago.

City did what any club who is on top should. Keep looking and adding quality. They did not rest on their laurels. And even in the preseason they played youngsters who looked very good and ready to step up. They are very well set and I think will be a lot stronger mentally this year. Especially in the CL. I doubt Pep will make the same mistakes nor the players that any side can blitz them like Liverpool and United did. City will not unravel like they did last season at certain games. And that's scary.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Oh come on. Spurs are in a more precarious position than most given the level of players they have and how strict they've been with their wages. The fact they didn't sign anyone but still kept players many bigger clubs would like is relatively decent.
They also did want to get rid of some players but didn't manage to do that. That might also be why they didn't sign anyone because you have to make room first if you're going to buy. That's especially the case if you're wage situation is precarious.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Chelsea did well too.

Hijacked a player who was going to the champions, City.

Resist bids from Barca, Real (and possibly United?) for two of their key outfield players.

Sold Courtois but got a talented young keeper in.

Not bad at all.

Klean

Wolves were the best for me. Liverpool/Everton had great windows as well.

I would say that Spurs had the worst window of the top 6.