Who's our best outfield player?

VictoriaRed

It annoys me that Pogba is mentioned. Even for 90, he's not consistent enough! Sir Alex was spot on; this boy is a fraud and most certainly not worth what we paid. If we could get even close what we paid, I'd be happy! On his day, he's amazing, but those days, for us anyway, have been too seldom. McT has been outstanding when fit. Fred, sure, but even still, he gives the ball away too much against top sides. McT, for me, has been our most consistent, 'United' player. Hard in the tackle, tireless work ethic, and more often than not, getting the ball forward into attack.

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
The thread asks for our best player and I think that is Bruno.

Had the thread been about our most talented player I may have opted for Pogba.

You can have all the talent in the world and still come out second best on the pitch if the attitude, application or any number of other factors aren't conducive to successful performance.

cyril C

For the entire 9 months - Fred

For 6 months - Rashford

For 2 months - Bruno

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Pogba is our best outfield player no question. Bruno has been great and I'm so happy with how well he's worked out so far but people need to realise that part of the reason he stands out is that he's playing a key role that has previously been occupied by Jessie and Andreas, two no hopers. Can't wait to see how we look with everyone back and firing. It's a no brainer we need a more established right forward which is looking like sancho. The most controversial decision for next season is looking like de gea vs Henderson. Anyone know what Henderson's distribution is like? I haven't seen enough of him

Reactions: Sultan

POF

In terms of influence on the team, it is definitely Bruno. He has been outstanding since he joined and transformed the team in a number of facets.

But, if Pogba was played on the left of a midfield 3, with no defensive responsibility and the rest of the midfield structured around him, so he's got a free role to influence the game . . . . . it would still be Bruno.

Web of Bissaka

What is "best"?

The thread asks for our best player and I think that is Bruno.

Had the thread been about our most talented player I may have opted for Pogba.
Good pt.

Going by mainly form + importance, then talents + consistency.
  1. Bruno
  2. Rashford
  3. AWB
  4. Pogba (can easily raise to no. 1, he's still that good in all the little games he managed to play this season)
  5. Fred
  6. McTominay
  7. Maguire
  8. Martial

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What is "best"?

Good pt.

Going by mainly form + importance, then talents + consistency.
  1. Bruno
  2. Rashford
  3. AWB
  4. Pogba (can easily raise to no. 1, he's still that good in all the little games he managed to play this season)
  5. Fred
  6. McTominay
  7. Maguire
  8. Martial
Id have Maguire higher. He struggled a little and has deficiencies but watching back old games with Smalling and Jones and comparing to Rio and Vidic, it’s easy to see how Maguires composure improves us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Based on ability and the level theyve shown they can reach here:
  1. Bruno
  2. Pogba
  3. Rashford
  4. Maguire
  5. AWB
  6. Martial
Very short spell of games for Bruno, but I dont think Pogbas ever had that kind of consistent, positive impact and just lifting everyone by himself.