Who's the best coach/manager in the world right now?

Suedesi

Pep, Klopp, Ole, Tuchel, Brandon, Mourinho, Ancelotti Allegri, Conte, Gasperini, Pioli, Flick, Rose, Nagelsmann, Zidane, Simeone, Poch, other?

If money and or past affiliation was not an issue, whom would you hire to run United?

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
One of Klopp, Nagelsmann, Pep

Dislike them as much you want, but Klopp and Pep stand for attractive and successful football.

Paul_Scholes18

It is sadly Pep I guess. Flick runs him close though and Zidane is quality as well.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Why no Erik Ten Hag? Going to end top for 3 seasons in a row, his team plays great football, even in Europe after his best players all got sold. Defensively sound team, Attackingly free flowing, tactically great and his team play according to an actual system. Patterns of play. He is a bit of a weird chap, not as charismatic as our previous managers but tactically better than all combined. Our only shot at a good manager I'd say.

Ole should be nowhere near this list, not even a top 10 PL manager. He is lucky to inherit such a squad and have such funds, but tactically he's pretty horrible and I doubt any topclub would want him.

Bearded One

There is no Superman manager out there in the world, they all have their flaws.

Rojofiam

Ole should be nowhere near this list, not even a top 10 PL manager. He is lucky to inherit such a squad and have such funds, but tactically he's pretty horrible and I doubt any topclub would want him.
Wow :lol:

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Why no Erik Ten Hag? Going to end top for 3 seasons in a row, his team plays great football, even in Europe after his best players all got sold. Defensively sound team, Attackingly free flowing, tactically great and his team play according to an actual system. Patterns of play. He is a bit of a weird chap, not as charismatic as our previous managers but tactically better than all combined. Our only shot at a good manager I'd say.

Yeah I agree

https://lastwordonsports.com/footba...ager-erik-ten-hag-is-ready-for-the-next-step/

We might play against him in the Europa final!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
One of Klopp, Nagelsmann, Pep

Dislike them as much you want, but Klopp and Pep stand for attractive and successful football.
"right now"

Klopp is a mile behind a ridiculed United right now. Klopp is a mile behind Leicester right now. He's behind Chelsea who sacked their underperforming manager mid-season. He's behind bloody West Ham led by David fecking Moyes. He's behind a Tottenham in such a turmoil that the resident Spurs supporter has been hiding in India for the past few months.

Klopp isn't the best manager in the world right now.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
You think he is? Would be interesting to hear your points, but I think it's clear he's awful. The brand of football after almost 2.5 years is absolutely appalling. After investing what? Near 300 million?

L1nk

You think he is? Would be interesting to hear your points, but I think it's clear he's awful. The brand of football after almost 2.5 years is absolutely appalling. After investing what? Near 300 million?
People who are fans of Solskjaer more than the club are convinced the likes of Bayern and Barcelona would be all over him should he be available

AgentSmith

"right now"

Klopp is a mile behind a ridiculed United right now. Klopp is a mile behind Leicester right now. He's behind Chelsea who sacked their underperforming manager mid-season. He's behind bloody West Ham led by David fecking Moyes. He's behind a Tottenham in such a turmoil that the resident Spurs supporter has been hiding in India for the past few months.

Klopp isn't the best manager in the world right now.
Well the actual question that was posed was which manager you’d take to be United’s manager if all of them were available.

I think the vast majority of fans, if they were being objective, would take Pep or Klopp.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Pep, gutted we didn’t nab him in 2013. But then I wanted Jose so what do I know.

Skåre Willoch

People who are fans of Solskjaer more than the club are convinced the likes of Bayern and Barcelona would be all over him should he be available
Nobody’s said this. Ever.
You can praise other managers without shitting on our own, you know.

Idxomer

The ones I would take in order

Pep

Klopp

Bielsa

Nagelsmann

Zidane

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
that's obviously not true is it

Even people who think Ole is doing a good job realise that when he does move on from United he's unlikely to manage at this level again (this level being a club of United's size)

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Nobody’s said this. Ever.
You can praise other managers without shitting on our own, you know.
I am just shocked that Ole is included in this list, in my view he has done nothing to be included amongst these managers and more than enough to not be included. I love the guy as a person but he's out of his depth, so was Moyes, not their fault.

sparx99

Guardiola right now. Conte has done really well everywhere’s he’s been. Flick has been amazing since taking over at Bayern.

Otherwise

Simeone
Klopp
Rodgers
Pocchetino
Nagelsmann
Ten Hag

charlenefan

As for the question, answer is Pep

He's been the best for ages now even when Liverpool won a couple of things with Klopp

charlenefan

I am just shocked that Ole is included in this list, in my view he has done nothing to be included amongst these managers and more than enough to not be included. I love the guy as a person but he's out of his depth, so was Moyes, not their fault.
There is no list, the OP just named a ton of different managers. Get over it

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah, we missed out on Zidane too.
Tbh I’m not bothered about Zidane. 3 champions leagues is brilliant but now they’re rebuilding you find out just how good a coach they are. Pep has proven he can build a great City side (albeit with the entire GDP of Abu Dhabi) while Zidane is struggling with Real. I’m not convinced he’d be any better than Ole if he was here, probably worse tbh.

UnofficialDevil

Both will naively attack us so I think we've got a favourable semi. Horrible defensive teams like Arsenal and Villarreal would have been trickier.
True about Ajax, they will probably attack with a high press and leave us loads of space to counter, but Roma? I haven't seen them play to be honest.

Skåre Willoch

I didn’t even quote you, mate.
But you could’ve just made the argument for Ten Hag and actually stay on topic instead of just turning this thread into yet another never ending loop of “ole is shit” - “no he’s not”.

That said, I think Ten Hag falls short of most of the other managers mentioned. He should get to a top club in a top league before he can be assessed properly in my opinion.

Pep is my pick, followed by Flick and Klopp. Zidane and Simeone deserves a mention as well, though I think they’re in the echelon behind the top 3.

NecssryEvil

Can no one stay on point in any single thread without taking a chance to shit on our manager? fecking tiring. The question was who is the best manager, pick one and fecking move on.

Pep, I guess, especially if I get the bottomless bank account that has helped build City to where they are.

UnofficialDevil

Tbh I’m not bothered about Zidane. 3 champions leagues is brilliant but now they’re rebuilding you find out just how good a coach they are. Pep has proven he can build a great City side (albeit with the entire GDP of Abu Dhabi) while Zidane is struggling with Real. I’m not convinced he’d be any better than Ole if he was here, probably worse tbh.
Back to back Champions leagues, no one else has accomplished that, I don't think he would do worse.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Biased obviously but can't believe more people aren't putting Tuchel higher. The job he's done at Chelsea has been miraculous, especially given the lack of time available for training. Surely he's ahead of the likes of Bielsa, Nagelsmann, Ten Haag, and Rodgers to name a few. 2 goals conceded in 14 games is ridiculous, and even more so for a mid-season appointment.