Who's Your Manager of the Year? NO JOSE HATE PLEASE

Who is your PREMIER LEAGUE Manager of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

breakout67

Supports
Man City
At the start of the season, which was more likely? City winning the league with ease and in great style or Burnley challenging for a European spot?

Pep has done a great job but Dyche has had an incredible season.
Agreed. We were led to believe that Baldy is a tactical visionary, yet he seemingly has no budget. When City lost out on Sanchez, they tried to go for Mahrez. They didn't get Mahrez and ended up spending £65m on Laporte.

It's football manager stuff, and their performances in the FA cup and CL have been quite unflattering. Especially the CL tie where Klopp out thought Guardiola.

Dyche has some really limited players at his disposal. He's got Burnley playing in a tactically flexible way and they can play some good football when they want to.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Dyche for me, has done a great job with a limited budget.

LoneStar

Pep would get my vote, that City team just made the PL look like Bundesliga or La Liga. They are not some invincible team like they had been hyped up, but they play amazing football and dominated the league completely.

Runners up for Dyche, potentially could overtake Arsenal. Fantastic result with a very limited budget and squad.

Hate to say it, if Liverpool win the CL and maintain the 3rd position, I would have to replace Pep with Klopp. Unbeaten at home, and again, beautiful football. Playing a midfield 3 of Ox, Henderson and Milner and dominating against City was something I didn't expect from him.

Jose has done well with our team, at least compared to the previous two managers, but, that CL loss to Sevilla, or rather, that performance is simply unforgivable.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Pep would get my vote, that City team just made the PL look like Bundesliga or La Liga. They are not some invincible team like they had been hyped up, but they play amazing football and dominated the league completely.

Runners up for Dyche, potentially could overtake Arsenal. Fantastic result with a very limited budget and squad.

Hate to say it, if Liverpool win the CL and maintain the 3rd position, I would have to replace Pep with Klopp. Unbeaten at home, and again, beautiful football. Playing a midfield 3 of Ox, Henderson and Milner and dominating against City was something I didn't expect from him.

Jose has done well with our team, at least compared to the previous two managers, but, that CL loss to Sevilla, or rather, that performance is simply unforgivable.
The Premier League Manager of the Season, if that is what this is referring to, is for the premier league, if that is the case Klopp has no arguement. If Manchester City become centurions and break the goal scorig record there is no competition.

How is Klopp winning the Manager of the year in England for winning for doing well in a completely different competition?

If it is just for a general manager of the year award I would still pick Pep Guardiola. Look at the 4 remaining teams in the Champions League. As Roma are 4th in Serie A, Real Madrid are 3rd, Liverpool are 3rd and Bayern Munchen have been champions much like City since December. If Di Franceseco wins the Champions league does that make him the manager of the season in Europe even if Roma come 3rd or 4th?

LoneStar

The Premier League Manager of the Season, if that is what this is referring to, is for the premier league, if that is the case Klopp has no arguement. If Manchester City become centurions and break the goal scorig record there is no competition.

How is Klopp winning the Manager of the year in England for winning for doing well in a completely different competition?

If it is just for a general manager of the year award I would still pick Pep Guardiola. Look at the 4 remaining teams in the Champions League. As Roma are 4th in Serie A, Real Madrid are 3rd, Liverpool are 3rd and Bayern Munchen have been champions much like City since December. If Di Franceseco wins the Champions league does that make him the manager of the season in Europe even if Roma come 3rd or 4th?
The reason why Dyche and Benitez are there are because they have made the team better than their individual parts. They havent won anything.

The same reason applies to Klopp and Liverpool. After spending 400m, if Pep's team can't make it to the semis, I'd consider that a failure in Europe.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dyche for me.

Had Burnley down as relegation so they've finished a good ten places higher than what would've been their expected finish.

Carvahal should be in that poll if he keeps Swansea up, they were dead and buried at xmas.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Our manager should be at the bottom of the list.
Not really. Aside from Pep, Dyche, Benítez and probably Klopp (only because of CL) he has a case for being better this season than all remaining managers in Premier League.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Pep Guardiola for sure but i am glad to see some recognition for Rafa Benitez who usually is very underrated on here.

Wilt

If he wins the CL then it has to be Klopp for me.

Castia

Pep deserved it but Dyche is a worthy runner up he’s performing miracles at Burnley.

Klopp if he wins the CL will be hard to argue against though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Guardiola or Klopp. Both have got their teams playing good attacking football, majorly improving it from the season before.

Raru9

Guardiola. He dominated the Premier League like no one has see in a long, long time, with his style of play very good executed. It's not about how much you spend. Is about in who you spend, and Guardiola fit with the signing of Ederson and Walker specially.

Dyche has a superb season too. Making Burnley 7th is a great sucess.

Third spot maybe for Klopp for making top 4 with crazy Gegenpressing or Rafa for making another years of PL football for Newcastle despite the quiality of his squad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giggsyking

Not really. Aside from Pep, Dyche, Benítez and probably Klopp (only because of CL) he has a case for being better this season than all remaining managers in Premier League.
I did say the list and not the Premier league.

stepic

The CL is irrelevant to this vote no? Why do people keep mentioning it wrt Klopp?

If City had won but hadn’t been quite so dominant, then Dyche would have got my vote. But you have to give it to Pep for the way they have performed this season. Utterly destroyed the competition.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Glad to see Benitez get his just dues. Could Newcastle fans complain if they went straight back down? Their team is really poor. Benitez deserves backing in the market or a job at a more stable club.

Wouldn't mind Dyche getting the honor. His record defies the stats. Remains to be seen whether he can keep Burnley in the top 10 next season.

One can say given the money spent, Guardiola should be winning the league. No one had him dominating it from start to finish. Especially with the potential records being set and the style of play.

I initially voted for Pep, but changing it to Dyche.

Bwuk

Has to be between Pep and Dyche.

Would people have expected City to win the league? Probably, but not as easily as they have done so a lot of credit to him.

Did anyone think Burnley would be challenging Arsenal for 6th spot? No.

Eddy_JukeZ

Guardiola.

It's PL manager of the year.

He's improved almost every single City player and has elevated that team. They're more than the sum of their parts.

Treble

The poll is a bit premature. Let's see first whether Guardiola will break multiple records and hit 100 pts. It's one thing to simply win the PL in a convincing manner, it's another to do it with 100/102 pts.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
The poll is a bit premature. Let's see first whether Guardiola will break multiple records and hit 100 pts. It's one thing to simply win the PL in a convincing manner, it's another to do it with 100/102 pts.
Agreed. If City hit 100 points then to pick anybody other than Pep is a hard sell. If the players are now on the beach and we falter to 92 points or something daft from here then there’s a discussion, though I’d still pick Pep because he tied up the league title by Xmas playing stunning football. That’s just me though.

Trizy

Sean Dyche any other year. Just a pity Pep will have smashed all impressive records.

SER19

After Alan Curbishley won it in 1999, it’s fair to say it’s just a premier league award :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pep first with Dyche a very close 2nd.

Klopp has done a good job this year, feel he's made steady improvement with Liverpool.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
Saint Pep, definitely. Normally, the PL winners will get this honour and his side has smashed a lot of records while playing entertaining football.
Dyche has overachieved with Burnley but it won't be mentioned because his side put 10 men behind the ball.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Has to be either Pardew or Hughes as these are two managers that can lead their teams into a relegation dog fight lose their jobs and go and get another job with a team already in the relegation fight take them down and next season will probably take over one of the relegation threatened teams in the prem.
What other managers can keep failing and keep getting jobs with teams in the Premier League

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I went for Pep, City have won the league at such a canter it seems the right pick. Dyche was a close second with Benitez also coming in for consideration as I don't think anybody gave Newcastle a chance of survival in the 1st half of the season and he's had to deal with Mike Ashley being a tightwad and still made some great mid-season signings.

If Klopp manages to win the CL then he should probably take it though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
In the league it's obviously Pep, but I really dislike Pep.

Toss up between Frank de Boer and Ronald Koeman.

Really though, it's Pep.

Canagel

Guardiola.

It's PL manager of the year.

He's improved almost every single City player and has elevated that team. They're more than the sum of their parts.
You can say that about Klopp and Dyche too. It's a sign of a top manager. A manager that can get a team to punch above its weight. Pep has a higher quality players but the common factor between these managers is getting their players to perform as a TEAM.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Pep or Dyche. Easy to see why Pep will get it, and would deserve it...but Sean Dyche has done a hell of a job. Burnley fans were on about survival in the Championship they year they came up, now they are looking at potential top 6 in Premier League.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Guardiola. Dyche has (obviously) done a superb job but what he's doing has been done before by the likes of Allardyce, and while very impressive I don't think it's enough to pip Guardiola to the award if City do break the record points total. Which is a impressive achievement even in spite of how much they've spent.

If City hit a poor patch of form and don't break it though, or Burnley consistently win from now till the end of the season and overtake Arsenal, then I'd lean to Dyche. Since the award is PL exclusive wouldn't really have Klopp in the running, who's done an excellent job with Liverpool and would maybe warrant it in a year where there were no outstanding candidates.

Von Mistelroum

Genuinely wouldn't be able to pick. Nobody had stood out for me. I'm not a lover or hater of Guardiola, but with the money he's spent and players he inherited I think he's achieved the minimum I'd expect of good manager.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Klopp, Pool for the second year running to qualify for the CL is a huge achievement for them. Who was that last who managed that for Pool? Benitez?

My second pick would be Dyche and third would be Benitez. But I have to admit that I can understand anyone that votes for Dyche.