Whose first full season at United did you enjoy most?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Probably last season. Plenty to enjoy but also was refreshing to see us come up against teams like Barcelona and actually engage in a football game.

Jose first session is a good shout but I thought he ruined it somewhat by spending the entire last 2-3 months whining about the fixture schedule, and then basically deliberately tanking our league form just to prove his own point. As a result we went from looking like a very good and exciting team to clinging on to 1 goal advantages at home to teams like Lokomotiv Rostov.

el3mel

I enjoyed Van Gaal's and Mourinho's first seasons

Ten Hag's was fun until we won the cup, after that it was meh.

Ole's first season was a shitshow until the post COVID period. That was the only good part of it.

Moyes was awful through and through post the first 2 months.

Last edited:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We went on a 25 game undefeated run, won the Charity Shield, League Cup and Europa League and only got 6 points less in the league than we did last season.

Most of us believed that just small tweaks were needed for us to challenge properly again. The season after is a different story though.
The season after we finished 2nd and played way better stuff.

Timdbro

LVG’s for me. At that point the Moyes year seemed like it might just be a stupid mistake and we’d be back in business soon enough.
I saw better signs this past season (though not all good by any means) but the hope is much more tempered these days.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Last season was our best IMO, best potential for improvement, some very encouraging style of play when fit and rested, most reasons for optimism, a trophy, 3rd.... And yet I'm not sure it was actually all that enjoyable. There was a crazy amount of football that I felt worn down just watching us every 3 days with a world cup in the middle, and it was clear the players were knackered, just felt like a big slog.

Most enjoyable with the cloud of my memory, maybe this is just looking back at the rosy bits, would probably be 16/17 (Ibra :drool:) or 19/20 especially when Bruno signed until covid. The fixture congestion last season just hurts the "enjoyable" aspect that bit more.

I am the most optimistic for this coming season than I've been before though.

padzilla

Hipster
In my time as a United fan probably Dwight Yorke's first season was my favourite.