Whose Line Is It Anyway?

OB

Man, this show is just so good. I used to watch it before on TV whenever it was on(even though i didn't understand it very well that time). Just so brilliant. Unscripted things are the best. I've only watched the US one, and its awesome, improvisation at its best. I wish it started airing again regularly on TV. My favourtie is Wayne Brady, although i like both Ryan and Colin.

Watching videos of it on youtube currently. Always makes me laugh. :D
Here are a few clips if you haven't watched it. Worth watching it, especially as it has short gags, and is not long. Plus it has so much variety, you'll never get bored.
These are just a few examples, there's just so much more.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
The UK ones were awesome as well, mainly due to Clive Anderson being far wittier than Drew Carey.

Leg-End

Many a student afternoon wasted watching this show. Colin Mochrie was always my favorite.

Badunk

Many a student afternoon wasted watching this show. Colin Mochrie was always my favorite.
When you saw the line up was him, Ryan Stiles, Mike McShane and Greg Proops, you know you were in for a good'un.

When you saw Tony Slattery, you knew it was gonna be hyperactive wank. Wasn't a surprise to find out, years later, that he was a massive cokehead.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
preferred the Clive Anderson one to Drew Carey's, best stars were Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie, Tony Slattery, Greg Proops, and think there were a couple others too. Not Josie Lawrence though, she wasn't funny

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Used to like it a lot growing up but I always got the feeling it could be scripted. It was, wasn't it?

Otherwise it was great fun.

Badunk

preferred the Clive Anderson one to Drew Carey's, best stars were Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie, Tony Slattery, Greg Proops, and think there were a couple others too. Not Josie Lawrence though, she wasn't funny
She was there for the singing bits like the hoe down and improvising songs with Richard Vranch.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Aye. Used to love the British version of that many moons ago.

I doubt that it was all scripted. One of the funniest things was seeing Colin Mochries pitiful hoe-down attempts week after week. :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Scripted? It wasn't scripted at all. Obviously there was a plan, but I'm almost entirely sure the performers weren't in on it. If they were, they deviated from it surprisingly often. Have you seen the bloopers and the censored content? It's pretty good.

I liked the episode where they were doing a joke on Hitler (Hitler and Cosby sitcom), were told they couldn't mention Hitler by some producer guy, which was shown in the episode, and then proceeded to mention Hitler in half the sketches for the rest of the episode.

amolbhatia50k

Scripted? It wasn't scripted at all. Obviously there was a plan, but I'm almost entirely sure the performers weren't in on it. If they were, they deviated from it surprisingly often. Have you seen the bloopers and the censored content? It's pretty good.

I liked the episode where they were doing a joke on Hitler (Hitler and Cosby sitcom), were told they couldn't mention Hitler by some producer guy, which was shown in the episode, and then proceeded to mention Hitler in half the sketches for the rest of the episode.
I think it stems from the feeling that it sometimes felt too good to be true. If it wasn't then those guys are just crazy talented.

amolbhatia50k

Did the British version have British comedians instead of the American ones?

amolbhatia50k

Drew Carrey and his stupid "banter" were definitely the only bad things about the show.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
All of the American whose line mainers all started on the UK one. Started off as a Radio show. Televised by chanel 4. ABC purchased the rights to broadcast it in the States, it was a hit. Then when the show was cancelled in the UK ABC decided to make their own version just transporting the show without the Brits. Drew Carey though cannot compare to Clives Anderson. The yanks loved the show and basically purchased it.

Ivor Ballokov

So it started again this week with a double bill.

Really enjoyed it, although the celebrity guest star thing is pointless and ruins the flow a bit. Aisha Taylor isn't Drew Carey let alone Clive Anderson but she may prove a decent host.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Best segment for me was when Richard Simmons dropped in. I do not believe it was televised to the public due to the raunchy, Simmons impromptu that contained multiple homosexual inuendos.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Thought it was quite good, the new episodes, episode 1 was my favourite of the 2 so far. I've read Aisha Tyler grows into the show more as it goes on.

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
Just seen the first 2 episodes. Not a fan of Aisha Tyler, her laugh gets really annoying. Scenes out of the hat is still the best segment.

Americans love their adverts don't they? 3 breaks in a 30 minute program :eek:

JP77

Finally got round to watching the first three episodes, Aisha isn't too bad actually though I can understand why she won't be everybody's cup of tea.

Outside of that, three really good episodes. Nothing's really changed there though, it's always been a quality show.

elisha27

Surprised this clip wasn't posted. The best individual WLIIA skit ever in my opinion. Love how Colin and Ryan try to set each other up.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
New episodes coming to UK screens on channel Dave, Monday night @ 7pm.

Colin & Ryan remain mainstays. Think Tony Slattery may have been cut, though...

Used to be obsessed with this show back in the Clive Anderson days.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I was in love with Josie Lawrence.

I bet she hasn't aged well. Slattery is a bit of a shame when you learn about his awful life.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I was in love with Josie Lawrence.

I bet she hasn't aged well. Slattery is a bit of a shame when you learn about his awful life.
Very sad. He was on one of the morning TV shows recently and was completely unrecognisable.

T_Model101

it's currently on Amazon prime isn't it?
Used to love the American version but couldn't get into the British one for whatever reason
Colin and Ryan are absolute legends

Sylar

Used to love this show, and would watch random clips with Colin and Ryan.

Will check out the newer ones if it has them two