Whose transfer window do you rate the most?

DeGea’sFeet

Obviously there’s still just under a month left. So a lot can change. But whose window do you rate the most and think will elevate them the most. Bearing in mind a few key factors;
1) The early the business is done the better
2) The teams level before their signings
3) Who they’ve lost.
4) Overall window: sometimes the “get your business in” early counts for nothing. Example, I think Newcastle might make some signings that elevate them into top 7 contenders in the next few days especially deadline day.

So far I like Chelsea’s window. Yes they’ve lost a few key players in defence. But they’ve got rid of lukaku whose style was a hindrance and bought sterling whose better suited to the manager.

I think City have been shrewd. Halaand, Phillips for profit. But will require a change and weaken their strength. City’s main asset was goals from everywhere, now as they try to get the best out of Halaand I wonder if that limits them and we actually see them score less goals in total.

worse window so far Everton, and United. While I like our signings as individuals as a collective and relative to our rivals not enough to increase the quality and add depth.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Surely the worst is Leicester and it's getting even worse by the minute. Got in nobody and potentially losing Kasper, Fofana, Madisson...

Followed by Everton, who have lost Richarlison and barely bought anyone worthwhile.

Oh and Leeds. They better hope their new boy can fill the hole left by Raphinha.

I think Newcastle have strengthened well and if they get a striker then it will be an excellent window for them.

Spurs also have now got more squad depth, which they needed as they can't just rely on Son and Kane to keep bailing them out.

Arsenal haven't made too many signings but the ones they got in definitely improve them.

Brentford have made some decent signings too.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Arsenal for me. They had a planned window. If utd had 2 of their primary targets poached then they would have went with the scattergun approach and signed Mark Noble for 80m.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Arsenal for me, they attacked their worst positions with non-expensive good signings (maybe fabio vieira is overpriced)

Last edited:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Still have a month left in the window, but the clubs that had already finished or almost finished their transfer business in general are doing good.

mshnsh

Spurs and Arsenal in the Premier league.

Barcelona and Bayern in Europe.

But obviously the new signings do not guarantee success, they may not fit the system or be disruptive.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
I think one of the main reasons our window is what it is right now, is primarily due to ETH coming in with different targets in mind to what the board previously had. How many other teams have a new manager coming in to a broken dressing room that he needs to infuse with his own players before he trust them? Not his fault, it's just how it is.

The other thing is, it appears we had initially prioritised De Jong as the first signing over every other signing but as that became a saga, we've had to change strategy. This one, I believe was a mistake.

Lastly, having trouble of shifting current players due to huge wages. This one's a legacy issue.

In summary It's not been an ideal window so far but it's not finished yet so need to be patient. Still think we'll get De Jong, a foward (2 if Ronaldo goes) and a RB.

mu4c_20le

Kind of odd when united fans think chelsea have a better window than their own fans. They can't seem to sign anyone and are just randomly jumping between big names.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Kind of odd when united fans think chelsea have a better window than their own fans. They can't seem to sign anyone and are just randomly jumping between big names.
Could still go either way yet but Koulibaly and Sterling are excellent signings. We’ve also just picked up an 18yo goalkeeper in Slonina who could replace Kepa or even Mendy in time.

Cuceralla and another CB/Forward onto that would be a 9/10 window. Gallagher and Broja back into the team, and we’re also shipping a few out.

sillwuka

Arsenal have had a great window.

Leeds seemingly have a brand new midfield in Roca, Adams and Aaronson. Also 2 other solid signings at RB and LW. All unproven at this level but they will be very interesting to watch.

Leicester, the worst so far.

mctrials23

Arsenal for sure. Its got to be make or break for Arteta this season now though. If he doesn't win anything and get comfortably top 4 then he should probably be replaced.

Kag

Jesus is a brilliant signing for Arsenal that improves them in a position in which they were really poor. Zinchenko is a really good player to have around, too.

Spurs have also bought well. Richarlison is exactly the sort of flexible, quality cover they needed for Kane and Son.

I’m not blown away by any other club, really.

tomaldinho1

Historically, most of our ‘good’ windows have actually preceded not great seasons. I’m fully on board with signing less players whilst ETH gets established if we can’t get our priority targets though.

Bestietom

Jesus is a brilliant signing for Arsenal that improves them in a position in which they were really poor. Zinchenko is a really good player to have around, too.

Spurs have also bought well. Richarlison is exactly the sort of flexible, quality cover they needed for Kane and Son.

I’m not blown away by any other club, really.
City made 2 very good signings and Alvarez is also there now. I don't think that they are finished in transfer market yet.

MUFC OK

Could still go either way yet but Koulibaly and Sterling are excellent signings. We’ve also just picked up an 18yo goalkeeper in Slonina who could replace Kepa or even Mendy in time.

Cuceralla and another CB/Forward onto that would be a 9/10 window. Gallagher and Broja back into the team, and we’re also shipping a few out.
I think you needed a midfielder more than anything. I’m always unconvinced by Chelsea without the brilliance of Kante.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
I think you needed a midfielder more than anything. I’m always unconvinced by Chelsea without the brilliance of Kante.
I think that’s next season’s priority. We’ve got Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante, Gallagher, RLC, Mount, Barkley and Gilmour all for those places at the moment

DeGea’sFeet

Arsenal have had a great window.

Leeds seemingly have a brand new midfield in Roca, Adams and Aaronson. Also 2 other solid signings at RB and LW. All unproven at this level but they will be very interesting to watch.

Leicester, the worst so far.
Good shout on Leeds, also signed a Colombian winger from Feyernoord. Also interesting that they’ve signed all those players from teams that could be described as having similar playing styles, or at the very least, high press teams.

Salzburg
Leipzig
Bayern
City

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Leicester have had an awful transfer window mainly because they have poached the Southampton head of recruitment and as part of the deal, he had to remain on 'gardening' leave till the end of season with no contact whatsoever with Leicester. Besides that Leicester have made cumulative losses of over £100 million over the last 2 years. Their main aim is to sell as many fringe players as possible.

In England I'd say Arsenal, Spurs and City (esp if they sign LB) have had the best transfers.
In Europe, it would be Farca (blech!) and Bayern.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Not enough mention of City here.

Brought in the best young striker in world football, moved on a stalling Sterling for decent money and added a fantastic PL proven midfield option to fill in for Fernandinho.

Liverpool didn't have much to do but did it with typical efficiency.

Spurs and Arsenal both having excellent windows too.

Jury out on Chelsea's scatter-gun/seemingly last-dash approach.

Worst - Leicester, Utd, Everton.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm not too well versed in the transfer business in England, but I'm not entirely sure Sinisterra will be a hit for Leeds, especially after getting injured on tour. He's been struggling with injuries a bit at Feyenoord too and if that happens at his start in the premier league I can see him having trouble adapting. I love the dude however and think he's massively talented so perhaps Í'm entirely wrong.

What I love about him most is that he is proof that you can be a fast winger who takes on opponents without being a diver. He also never moans at refs and is an excellent sportsman. I miss him :(

Bello Giacomo

Supports
Genoa
I also think Jesus is great buy. His movements so underrated by Pip. He also never let defender rest, they will give teams troubles with Martinelli and Saka. Don't know why is not buy better DM. Xaka is liability, Partney... Lukongo still learn.

However, disagree with others, think Liverpool have good window, Mane suddenly best in world but he lost is place to Diaz. Only Firmino injure a lot kept Mane in team. Nunez much more threatening even if not technical players.

City make big gamble, if Haaland has many injuries they decline less Sterling and Jesus. That lot of movement and pressing gone. Haaland also not pressing much, and Grealish slow down attack and don't pressing much. Could be worse than last year.

DeGea’sFeet

Not enough mention of City here.

Brought in the best young striker in world football, moved on a stalling Sterling for decent money and added a fantastic PL proven midfield option to fill in for Fernandinho.

Liverpool didn't have much to do but did it with typical efficiency.

Spurs and Arsenal both having excellent windows too.

Jury out on Chelsea's scatter-gun/seemingly last-dash approach.

Worst - Leicester, Utd, Everton.
Problem with City is I can see them scoring considerably less league goals than previous seasons, even if Halaand scores 20-25 prem goals.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Problem with City is I can see them scoring considerably less league goals than previous seasons, even if Halaand scores 20-25 prem goals.
How so? They've basically switched Sterling for Haaland, and Phillips for Fernandinho, both of whom offer more threat in attack.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Barca imho but that's with a huge asterisk of course.

Arsenal and City pretty good transfers and early too. Bayern, I'm not so sure though. Their main problem lies in central midfield imho and that got little improvement.

For Chelsea I'm pretty happy. Considering having a new owner without any football expertise, no DoF in charge and a difficult squad situation overall it's pretty decent (imho I think it's pretty amazing actually - could have been much much worse) and there are still some good players in the mix. Koulibaly, Sterling, Chukwu and Cucurella sound all very promising and are almost like for like improvements on their respective counterparts or at least great alternatives (Cucurella <-> Chilwell).

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
In the PL i think City because of the quality of the replacements. Losing Silva would be too much in one go and it would then be Spurs/Arsenal.

Not a lot has been said about West Ham. A solid window in which they have got Scamacca who is a bit of a gamble but something that had to be done after last season's Antonio. Bowen and Benhrama will need to maintain or improve their goals participation.
Kostic could be a smart buy for barely 20M if they manage to get him. Areola will be good enough to take over Fabianski when he's done. Plus Onana from Lille for 30/35M in midfield coming in alongside Soucek and Rice.
Don't know anything about Aguerd but overall it seems like good business to at least keep that EL challenger spot. They are at least 3 big signings away from a believeable challenge to 4/5th but they're also bound to lose Rice...

GinobiliTheGOAT

Barca’s for sure. Obviously people are rooting for their demise on this forum but their transfer window has been second to none. Best squad they’ve had since 2017.

Vapor trail

Arsenal, Chelsea and City. Especially City who having just won the league have strengthened but I think Sterling's loss of contribution will be felt.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
They’ve still signed koulibaly and Sterling though who will be massive improvement for them. Meanwhile we’ve gone into the transfer window with 2 main positions being targeted and yet we’ve signed players in completely different positions to what we need. Window isn’t over yet of course, if we bring in a midfielder and a striker then I’d say we’ve topped the window in the prem.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Leeds by far. They'll be far from relegation and I think they'll break top 10.

Yes they've lost rafinha but he was incinsistant anyway they've reinvested and got Jesse marsch players he wants and knows will fit his style.

DeGea’sFeet

I also think Jesus is great buy. His movements so underrated by Pip. He also never let defender rest, they will give teams troubles with Martinelli and Saka. Don't know why is not buy better DM. Xaka is liability, Partney... Lukongo still learn.

However, disagree with others, think Liverpool have good window, Mane suddenly best in world but he lost is place to Diaz. Only Firmino injure a lot kept Mane in team. Nunez much more threatening even if not technical players.

City make big gamble, if Haaland has many injuries they decline less Sterling and Jesus. That lot of movement and pressing gone. Haaland also not pressing much, and Grealish slow down attack and don't pressing much. Could be worse than last year.
Can’t agree or disagree as the little I’ve seen of him doesn’t really stand out. But I do remember when he first arrived there were very high hopes.

I’m loving my life

All the other’top 6’ have actually tried to improve their squads and aim for footballing success.

Except us.

We just aimed to make sure the Glazer leeches get their cut. That is all we have done.

AkaAkuma

Cities squad strength seems to be declining.

Haaland > Jesus
Alvarez > Sterling / Aguero / Torres
Phillips > Fernandinho
> Zinchenko

I think Phillips will do fine, but could go the way of similiar British talent that are signed into strong squads and not given enough of a run out. Players such as Drinkwater, Barkley etc