Why am I threadband from the Kobe Bryant thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I posted a link to a credible news organization with detailed information.

Here's from the woman he raped

And that’s when he started to put his hands on my neck,” she said, adding, “He was groping me, I tried to leave, tried to break away, that’s when he grabbed my neck. And at that point I was just looking at him, didn’t know what to do, didn’t know what to say.”

“Then he held me by my neck and physically forced me over to the side of the couch,” she continued. “That’s when he continually had one hand around my neck and with his other hand pushed me over to the side of the two chairs um, turned me around and bent me over and lifted up my skirt.” She told police that “at that point I was just kinda scared and I said no a few times,” adding she said no “when he lifted up my skirt” and again “when he took off my underwear.”

When asked by police how she knew Bryant had heard her, she replied, “Because every time I said no he tightened his hold around me.”

The accuser said that, with one arm still around her neck, Bryant “would lean his face real close to me and ask me questions.” The question: “You’re not gonna tell anybody right.” “I said no. And he didn’t hear me or asked me to say it louder. Wanted me to turn around and look at him while I said it,” she told police. She said that Bryant asked her the question “three or four” times, and her response every time was “no” because “I was scared that if I told him yes, I’m gonna tell somebody, I’m gonna get out of here now, that he would become more physical with me. Or try harder to keep me in there.” “And then,” she said, “he lifted up my skirt, took off my underwear and, and came inside me.” She continued: “That’s when he kept coming inside me and then he leaned his face toward mine and asked me if I liked it when a guy came on my face, I said no. Then he was like what did you say. Grabbed and like tightened his hold on my neck, I said no. He said he was gonna do it anyway. And then at that point I got a little bit more aggressive with him and tried to release his hands from my neck. And he was still behind me and at that point he’s still choking me, I was not trying as hard as I could of to get away, but I was still trying.”

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Did you suggest he’d now come back into the Greatest of all Time debates with MJ and LeBron now?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
She said he raped him, he said it was consensual. Case went to court but was dismissed. Calling him a rapist is therefor liable even if what you say is true. We simply don't know.

Also what you posted was derailing the thread. It happened more than 16 years ago and is not relevant to the reported crash.

Don't know if any of this warrants threadbans or if the other poster should get some kind of ban or warning too, that's for the mods to decide.

Bojan11

She said he raped him, he said it was consensual. Case went to court but was dismissed. Calling him a rapist is therefor liable even if what you say is true. We simply don't know.

Also what you posted was derailing the thread. It happened more than 16 years ago and is not relevant to the reported crash.

Don't know if any of this warrants threadbans or if the other poster should get some kind of ban or warning too, that's for the mods to decide.
Agreed. In a she said or he said case, we don’t know shit so no point commenting especially when it was dismissed in court and it was 16 years ago.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You were trying to be edgy with zero facts on your side, just conjecture from something that happened over 15 years ago now, at a moment where four daughters and a wife are losing the most important man in their life. I don't know whether you deserve a threadban, but the feedback you got was deserved.

Eboue

Its not derailing. It's relevant to his legacy and all the people posting RIP or talking about what a great athlete he was is kind of disgusting. People want to memory hole that he raped a 19 year old and used his fancy lawyers and fixers to bully her into withdrawing the case because he was good at putting a ball into a basket.

Furthermore, it's been a well established precedent on here that we can discuss the legacy of people who die in the thread about their death. You can see it in threads about Steve Jobs, George Bush, Hugo Chavez, etc.

Eboue

You were trying to be edgy with zero facts on your side, just conjecture from something that happened over 15 years ago now, at a moment where four daughters and a wife are losing the most important man in their life. I don't know whether you deserve a threadban, but the feedback you got was deserved.
You people love to say "edgy" whenever someone doesn't post "RIP" in a death thread. I was discussing his legacy and the fact that he is credibly accused of raping a woman is a part of his legacy, regardless of how many kids he has.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You people love to say "edgy" whenever someone doesn't post "RIP" in a death thread. I was discussing his legacy and the fact that he is credibly accused of raping a woman is a part of his legacy, regardless of how many kids he has.
Might have been better to have waited a bit since it only just happened and people are in shock. Just a thought.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Its not derailing. It's relevant to his legacy and all the people posting RIP or talking about what a great athlete he was is kind of disgusting. People want to memory hole that he raped a 19 year old and used his fancy lawyers and fixers to bully her into withdrawing the case because he was good at putting a ball into a basket.

Furthermore, it's been a well established precedent on here that we can discuss the legacy of people who die in the thread about their death. You can see it in threads about Steve Jobs, George Bush, Hugo Chavez, etc.
Why didn't you just create a separate thread with your reasons for doing so and adding some context? I haven't seen the posts but the guy has just been reported as dead so posting any controversial stuff in an RIP thread so soon is bound to get some kickback, regardless of whether you're actually right or wrong.

Eboue

Might have been better to have waited a bit since it only just happened and people are in shock. Just a thought.
Are you the one who threadband me?

I dont think its necessary to spare the feelings of people who liked watching a guy shoot a ball into a basket. No one on here knew him personally. He was good at basketball.

I defy anyone who wants to hand wave it away as "15 years ago" or "he said / she said" to read this

“[The nurse] stated that there were several lacerations to the victim’s posterior fourchette or vaginal area, and two of those lacerations were approximately one centimeter in length,” testified Det. Winters. “And there were many, I believe, 2 millimeter lacerations. Too many to count… [The nurse] stated that the injuries were consistent with penetrating genital trauma. That it’s not consistent with consensual sex.”

Detective Winters further stated that the nurse told him the vaginal injuries had most likely occurred within “24 hours,” and that the accuser had “a small bruise on her left jaw line.” Also, that examiners had found “blood excretions” on Bryant’s T-shirt “to about the waistline.” The blood, testified Det. Winters, had “the same DNA profile as the victim in this case.”

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Can we ban eboue from his thread just for fun?

Eboue

Why didn't you just create a separate thread with your reasons for doing so and adding some context? I haven't seen the posts but the guy has just been reported as dead so posting any controversial stuff in an RIP thread so soon is bound to get some kickback, regardless of whether you're actually right or wrong.
Because it's most likely to be read in that thread. It's part of his legacy and shouldn't be swept under the rug like the mod who deleted my post did.

Imagine if Harvey Weinstein died in a helicopter crash. Would it be "RIP Pulp Fiction was an iconic movie"? Or could we talk about his rape allegation in that thread?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I dont think its necessary to spare the feelings of people who liked watching a guy shoot a ball into a basket. No one on here knew him personally. He was good at basketball.

I defy anyone who wants to hand wave it away as "15 years ago" or "he said / she said" to read this

“[The nurse] stated that there were several lacerations to the victim’s posterior fourchette or vaginal area, and two of those lacerations were approximately one centimeter in length,” testified Det. Winters. “And there were many, I believe, 2 millimeter lacerations. Too many to count… [The nurse] stated that the injuries were consistent with penetrating genital trauma. That it’s not consistent with consensual sex.”

Detective Winters further stated that the nurse told him the vaginal injuries had most likely occurred within “24 hours,” and that the accuser had “a small bruise on her left jaw line.” Also, that examiners had found “blood excretions” on Bryant’s T-shirt “to about the waistline.” The blood, testified Det. Winters, had “the same DNA profile as the victim in this case.”
I didn’t threadban you, no.

Point still stands. You’re entitled to discuss someone’s legacy but maybe jumping in before the body is even cold is ill-conceived.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

You don't see the same thing in the Jobs thread at all. You see some people say they find the worship odd but nothing like the tactless liable comment "he was a rapist" you made. George Bush and Hugo Chavez, neither were liked in life and both were responsible for a lot of death.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because it's most likely to be read in that thread. It's part of his legacy and shouldn't be swept under the rug like the mod who deleted my post did.

Imagine if Harvey Weinstein died in a helicopter crash. Would it be "RIP Pulp Fiction was an iconic movie"? Or could we talk about his rape allegation in that thread?
Because Kobe Bryant is Harvey Weinstein..

Eboue

I didn’t threadban you, no.

Point still stands. You’re entitled to discuss someone’s legacy but maybe jumping in before the body is even cold is I’ll-conceived.
I'm prepared to deal with the pushback. I shouldn't have to deal with being threadbanned when the established policy is to discuss someone's legacy in a productive way. I didnt just make random claims. I posted a detailed report from a credible news site.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

That's why most people are posting their condolences. He was Kobe the basketball player not kobe alleged rapist.

Would you have even brought it up in any other circumstances?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm prepared to deal with the pushback. I shouldn't have to deal with being threadbanned when the established policy is to discuss someone's legacy in a productive way. I didnt just make random claims. I posted a detailed report from a credible news site.
Again. Maybe wait a day next time.

Eboue

You don't see the same thing in the Jobs thread at all. You see some people say they find the worship odd but nothing like the tactless liable comment "he was a rapist" you made. George Bush and Hugo Chavez, neither were liked in life and both were responsible for a lot of death.
You're making a distinction without a difference. Either someone's legacy is up for discussion or it's not. He was credibly accused of rape and used his expensive lawyers to bully a teenager into withdrawing the case.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
At least now he's getting the attention he craved in the one he got thread-banned from.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He was both, that's the point. I've brought it up several times in the NBA thread. Feel free to look through them.
Your access has been restored. If you want to discuss the rape allegation please do it in a separate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.