Why are some of you happy that we have lost tonight?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I'm not happy we lost but I'm still a disgrace.

Also Crackers like this post if you are a rapist.

Reactions: Crackers

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
They may not be happy per say but I've heard some talking that we apparently played well.

Like a team consisting of plenty 40-75m GBP done wel to lose against West Ham at home, registering one shot on target along the way.

SAFMUTD

Secured the group stage of what?

We got dumped out the league Cup at home to league 1 Coventry in 07/08, we must of been really shit that year........
Cherrypicking at its finnest, if you just look hard enough into that 27 years of Sir Alex and you'll find amazing data that can work as an excuse for Ole.

We didnt get over the UCL group stage? BOOM! 2004-05 season....we got out in first round carabao cup 2007/08 season.... always works, keep it up.

Wheato

I am a season ticket holder, and I gave up my 2 seats tonight. I had the option to keep them, but I knew it would be a second string team, and lets be honest, it's fairly difficult to get excited by the league cup. I am disappointed that we went out, but mainly because I think it is a great opportunity to give the full squad a run out. Keep them fit, let us look at who is coming through, who should be in the first team. It also gives non season ticket holders an opportunity to see a game, many of which are local schools who were given tickets. So for those reasons I am sad. But I won't be losing any sleep over it and I probably wont even think about it tomorrow.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yeah, no opinions allowed unless you're a multi-time winner of the world cup, only then can you judge Ole.
They're not opinions, they're a echo chamber of negative feedback certain people thrive on.

Rojofiam

Not happy, but couldn't care less, this cup is the least meaningful out of the ones we can win. Especially since it was renamed after a fecking energy drink

siw2007

Though I would say that if you are happy about the defeat then you are an idiot.

But tbf, I think most people are at most disappointed though somewhat indifferent which is probably the best way to see a defeat in the 3rd round of the league cup.

We can save the meltdown if we crash out of the champions league again at the group stage or we fall out of the title race at Christmas.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm chuffed. It's all too positive otherwise.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We had some embarrassing defeats in the League Cup throughout the years. Fergie used to field some terrible teams in it.
Yes we did had defeats. But problem is that it is not just this defeat. Yb were not just one CL game. It is happening for years now. We are crashing out from cups and everytime it is "oh well, it is just a cup. It happens". Yes, it can happen but feck me, when it happens 10 times in a row then it becomes a standard.

cyberman

Yes we did had defeats. But problem is that it is not just this defeat. Yb were not just one CL game. It is happening for years now. We are crashing out from cups and everytime it is "oh well, it is just a cup. It happens". Yes, it can happen but feck me, when it happens 10 times in a row then it becomes a standard.
To be fair we aren’t crashing out this early. It’s usually semi finals or finals. Ole actually has a fantastic overall record in cup games

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Exactly and just add the performance in the context as well . We play the same way where we look like we are trying hard and we were close but in reality we create very little.

Acquire Me

Guys, we lost a game. It is the league cup. It’s nothing to get worked up about. I think everyone would have liked to win, but when we did not, I for one must confess that it makes me "happy" for our long run. I am just not bothered that much. Progressing in this cup will also just be an distraction.

I have hopes for this season and that’s maybe naive. I don’t care, we can do it.

Longshanks

Cherrypicking at its finnest, if you just look hard enough into that 27 years of Sir Alex and you'll find amazing data that can work as an excuse for Ole.

We didnt get over the UCL group stage? BOOM! 2004-05 season....we got out in first round carabao cup 2007/08 season.... always works, keep it up.
Iv not mentioned Ole. No idea why you are. I was making a point that the league Cup hasn't mattered to us for many years and we have often gone out early fielding weakened sides. Just that 07/08 at home to Coventry come to mind first.

Oldyella

We really can't afford to be turning our noses up at a trophy. Ole needs silverware or he's just going the way of Poch at Spurs, a nearly man. Win something, then you can get picky.

Brophs

The One and Only
BECAUSE MY CHILDREN ARE SLOWLY TRYING TO KILL ME AND I NEED TO LIE DOWN IN A HEDGE TO TRY GET SOME SLEEP, ELVIS.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

You're totally missing the point.

Acquire Me

We really can't afford to be turning our noses up at a trophy. Ole needs silverware or he's just going the way of Poch at Spurs, a nearly man. Win something, then you can get picky.
So that’s our standard now? Holy feck people need to stand behind the manager and players.

Bertie Wooster

I'm gutted that we lost. And that we did so while making so many changes and making it a self imposed, avoidable loss.

The modern attitude of fans and managers towards domestic cup competitions drives me mad. Managers know that they're judged by the fans and media by how they do in the league - doing nothing in the cups won't matter so long as they're doing well in the league, and a good cup run won't save them from the sack if they're struggling in the league - so they just pick weakened teams in cup games regardless of how necessary just to prioritise the league campaign.

And that's at all levels. I go on a few lower league teams fan sites and their fans are the same - 'rest players in the League Cup, EFL Trophy, etc, as the league games are all that matters'. It's infuriating how cup competitions are now seen as 'pointless' or 'a burden'.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
We're usually losing cup games in the later rounds. As @cyberman said our record under Ole in the cups has been good. We just seem to fall short in the semi finals and final.

It would've been nice to win a cup but I'm not getting too worked up about it. I thought we played well enough to win considering the starting 11 we put out there and we were clearly denied a stonewall penalty.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'd say indifferent. We saw some questionable players have good performances and we don't have to worry about a competition that is really little more than a distraction for us.
Yeah I don’t really care either. I am a bit fecking annoyed about us failing to ever get a single good result under Ole without playing our strongest possible XI. As in, not once. That’s a hell of a concerning trend. And bothers me way more than getting knocked out of this poxy cup.

laughtersassassin

Who is happy. I'm pissed cause it's one less trophy and not winning anything have really become our thing.

SAFMUTD

Iv not mentioned Ole. No idea why you are. I was making a point that the league Cup hasn't mattered to us for many years and we have often gone out early fielding weakened sides. Just that 07/08 at home to Coventry come to mind first.
My bad, it's just that similar cases had been made on the forum and I'm just tired of excuses.

But agree with you, the carabao cup is not an important cup at all. But that doesn't make it acceptable to go out in the first round while playing at Old Trafford.

laughtersassassin

We're usually losing cup games in the later rounds. As @cyberman said our record under Ole in the cups has been good. We just seem to fall short in the semi finals and final.

It would've been nice to win a cup but I'm not getting too worked up about it. I thought we played well enough to win considering the starting 11 we put out there and we were clearly denied a stonewall penalty.
We often get knocked out by inferior teams in this later rounds and that final.

Red Star One

1. Some cope with disappointment this way, we’ve won nothing for ages and perhaps it’s easier for some fans to swallow another early cup exit by pretending they didn’t care at all
2. Some genuinely don’t rate domestic cup competitions, which I could very well understand in Fergie times, but now find quite peculiar considering our drought
3. Some are convinced the club is managed poorly and will go nowhere with Ole in charge, hence they believe every loss gets us closer to a change and another manager (We’ve seen that under Jose and LvG too)

Gandalf

Can someone tell me why Ole was so angry towards the end of the game? Does he realise hes the manager?
Not a mind reader but a couple of obvious points would be the utterly awful officiating which certainly cost us an equalizer in the first half which would have changed the game, Tony Martial having been give an opportunity deciding to piss it away by playing musical statues and most obviously the fact that that raging thundercnut Mark Noble was not crushed by a falling 10 tonne weight Roadrunner style which he richly deserved.

Nicolarra90

Not worried. Played ok with a C tier team.

The crappiest of all competitions. And after seeing every top team went through it's too much struggle to win it, and probably not worth it.

Now we'll be rested for spurs in October and not much else.

Oh and probably now martial will be gone and with Cavani gone we'll have to go for Haaland (or Kane)

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Not a mind reader but a couple of obvious points would be the utterly awful officiating which certainly cost us an equalizer in the first half which would have changed the game, Tony Martial having been give an opportunity deciding to piss it away by playing musical statues and most boviously the fact that that raging thundercnut Mark Noble was not crushed by a falling 10 tonne weight Roadrunner style which he richly deserved.
How comes he doesn't mention point 1 by putting pressure on the refs then? He laughs off everything.

And how comes he never took Martial off if he's so bothered about it?

Are you sure it's the points you mentioned, because it doesn't seem so

Longshanks

My bad, it's just that similar cases had been made on the forum and I'm just tired of excuses.

But agree with you, the carabao cup is not an important cup at all. But that doesn't make it acceptable to go out in the first round while playing at Old Trafford.
Yeah its a dissapointing result, but its not worth getting worked up over the league Cup.

Glorio

It's a shame as you'd have hoped this competition would provide a few more chances for our youngsters against the weaker sides