Why are we dropping the standards for Ole?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Then it's not Jose's fault for spending 300-400m as well it's not LvG's fault for spending 200-300 isn't it?

Fact is we spent more than anyone this window yet you are moaning that the manager wasn't backed?
Fact is not a fact, we didn't spend the highest.

roonster09

Scout
Everyone needs more good players. When you sell more players than you buy gets you to the point that the squad becomes paper thin.

What did you expect? To give him 300m pounds for this Summer alone?
Of course it's a thin squad in few position, thanks to the shit planning by previous managers. Bloated squad, 6 CBs, shit loads of junk players. Had to clear them out. Took short term hit, we couldn't sign any more players as we had more than 25 players who should have been registered. We can't start every window worrying about bloated squad and offloading.

We have done it in this window, couldn't sigh replacement but we have squad places to sign players without worrying about offloading. We still have many players to offload.

Enigma_87

You know who
Bringing 3 players in when we needed twice that many at least is not being wholeheartedly backed, our front line is a disgrace for a club this size. Can’t wait for tomorrow’s press conference where he confirms more injuries probably.
Then you don't spend 150m on three players. You have to work with what you have.

Fact is not a fact, we didn't spend the highest.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

Who spent more? According to transfermarkt we are 9m EUR short of City and that doesn't include Mejbri transfer which is roughly 10m EUR to oversee them.

Enigma_87

You know who
Of course it's a thin squad in few position, thanks to the shit planning by previous managers. Bloated squad, 6 CBs, shit loads of junk players. Had to clear them out. Took short term hit, we couldn't sign any more players as we had more than 25 players who should have been registered. We can't start every window worrying about bloated squad and offloading.

We have done it in this window, couldn't sigh replacement but we have squad places to sign players without worrying about offloading. We still have many players to offload.
There's absolutely no guarantee the three players we brought won't be surplus and "junk" players for the next manager in line.

Here's a though you loan those junk players you don't need and sign 3 more in the positions you are thin at.

roonster09

Scout
Who spent more? According to transfermarkt we are 9m EUR short of City and that doesn't include Mejbri transfer which is roughly 10m EUR to oversee them.
Mejbri transfer has nothing to do with first team. City spent more than any team and then Spurs also spend more than us (they have around 50 million option to buy, they have the player, when triggered it will be more than ManUtd).

We have offloaded first team players too, not some random young junkies to skew net spend.

roonster09

Scout
There's absolutely no guarantee the three players we brought won't be surplus and "junk" players for the next manager in line.

Here's a though you loan those junk players you don't need and sign 3 more in the positions you are thin at.
Maybe, maybe not. I can't make posts based on future. I can only post on what happened and is happening.

Here is a thought, we dont have a long queue to sign our players on loan considering how much they make. We could have loaned out Rojo too but that changes little.

Enigma_87

You know who
Mejbri transfer has nothing to do with first team. City spent more than any team and then Spurs also spend more than us (they have around 50 million option to buy, they have the player, when triggered it will be more than ManUtd).

We have offloaded first team players too, not some random young junkies to skew net spend.
Which first team players did City buy that are more expensive than the ones we bought?

Mejbri is still money spent 10m EUR is significant fee still.

Spurs have option to buy, doesn't necessarily mean they will execute it and skew the numbers in your favor.

So again who spent more than us?

Here is a thought, we dont have a long queue to sign our players on loan considering how much they make. We could have loaned out Rojo too but that changes little.
so we had absolutely no option to sign more players because the squad is big? :lol:

Jonno

It's not like we need to sell to buy. We were interested in Dybala, who rejected us before selling Lukaku.
But we still did sell. So you judging Ole on "spending the most" is unfair, because we also sold lots. I'd say the squad is about as talented now as it was last season, just in different areas which may be more effective for us this season, and it may not be.

But to say "Ole spent the most" when he's clearly shifting the viruses and dead-wood out is quite unfair. He's trying to cleanse the squad from top to bottom.

Using your argument of most spent, Villa should be in the top 4 this season, yeah?

roonster09

Scout
Which first team players did City buy that are more expensive than the ones we bought?

Mejbri is still money spent 10m EUR is significant fee still.

Spurs have option to buy, doesn't necessarily mean they will execute it and skew the numbers in your favor.
Which City players did they buy, that were expensive than Jose's signings like Lukaku and Pogba? And then you went on and on about how Jose wasn't backed and Pep was backed.

Anyways City signed Rodri who was expensive than AWB and James. They signed Cancelo who was expensive than our 2 signings.

Mejbri is not 10 million, it's 5 millon and 5 million is add ons. He is signed for youth team, not first team.

And Spurs will buy him if they qualify for CL, that's the clause (at least that's what I remember).

fergiesarmy1

Then you don't spend 150m on three players. You have to work with what you have.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

Think it worked out about a £70 million net spend which is peanuts in 2019, just wait till we are playing defenders up front. That will be the confirmation needed to everyone that we are being run into the ground by owners and CEO who don’t give a shit as they will all be gone as some point while we are still trying to recover.

Enigma_87

You know who
But we still did sell. So you judging Ole on "spending the most" is unfair, because we also sold lots. I'd say the squad is about as talented now as it was last season, just in different areas which may be more effective for us this season, and it may not be.

But to say "Ole spent the most" when he's clearly shifting the viruses and dead-wood out is quite unfair. He's trying to cleanse the squad from top to bottom.

Using your argument of most spent, Villa should be in the top 4 this season, yeah?
We sold Lukaku because it was pretty clear he's not in our plans and there was no point in keeping him. That doesn't mean we needed to sell in order to get new players in. We were hoping to get a straight swap with either Dybala or Eriksen (both rejected us) and it's not like we could've sold anyone else close to 70-80m pounds...

United didn't come from the Championship to compare them to Villa.

Which City players did they buy, that were expensive than Jose's signings like Lukaku and Pogba? And then you went on and on about how Jose wasn't backed and Pep was backed.

Anyways City signed Rodri who was expensive than AWB and James. They signed Cancelo who was expensive than our 2 signings.

Mejbri is not 10 million, it's 5 millon and 5 million is add ons. He is signed for youth team, not first team.

And Spurs will buy him if they qualify for CL, that's the clause (at least that's what I remember).
Rodri and Cancelo are cheaper than the three we bought. If you discard Mejbri then you should discard the other young players City bought.

If we were short on funds we could've not bought Mejbri but a first team player. The whole argument is that he wasn't backed. 150m- 160m pounds say otherwise.

Spurs aren't given top 4 by default so that deal is not certain, yet you are counting it as one?

Mejbri being 5+5 is a lot more certain than Spurs buying Lo Celso isn't that right?

Enigma_87

You know who
Think it worked out about a £70 million net spend which is peanuts in 2019, just wait till we are playing defenders up front. That will be the confirmation needed to everyone that we are being run into the ground by owners and CEO who don’t give a shit as they will all be gone as some point while we are still trying to recover.
Again net spent doesn't mean he wasn't backed. Maybe if we didn't spend the last 2-3 weeks chasing players that didn't want to play for us we might have got a decent attacker in.

Maguire, AWB, James deals were brokered before we made last moves to Dybala and Eriksen so by all means we were looking to buy one more big name if he wanted to come to us.

fergiesarmy1

Again net spent doesn't mean he wasn't backed. Maybe if we didn't spend the last 2-3 weeks chasing players that didn't want to play for us we might have got a decent attacker in.

Maguire, AWB, James deals were brokered before we made last moves to Dybala and Eriksen so by all means we were looking to buy one more big name if he wanted to come to us.
I’d still say he wasn’t backed regardless of your strange argument.

If the so called biggest club in the world finishing sixth and a million miles away from the top 2 with an embarrassing scoring rate thinks buying 2 defenders and a championship winger is going to come anywhere near to closing the gap then we are in worse trouble than we are admitting.

Enigma_87

You know who
I’d still say he wasn’t backed regardless of your strange argument.

If the so called biggest club in the world finishing sixth and a million miles away from the top 2 with an embarrassing scoring rate thinks buying 2 defenders and a championship winger is going to come anywhere near to closing the gap then we are in worse trouble than we are admitting.
Who bought 2 defenders and a Championship winger then? Was it Jose? His fault again?

There was at the very least 150-160m pounds available for reinforcements. It's either Ole not calling the shots at who we buy at all or he should be responsible for the gaps he leaves behind in the squad.

Eli Zee

Everyone needs more good players. When you sell more players than you buy gets you to the point that the squad becomes paper thin.

What did you expect? To give him 300m pounds for this Summer alone?
I expected us to..... give him a RW, a striker, and a CM. Ole shouldnt be expected to perform miracles. If the club wants wins, they need to get better players, or be patient with youth and results. It seems we are going the youth route... with martial and rashford who have had years to get it together. If they don’t this year, Ole is screwed.

Has there ever been a club in history that Did amazing without a 20+ goal per season scorer on the team?

We got rid of Lukaku who was close to it last season. Martial and rashford combined had the same amount of EPL goals as Lukaku.

Our last title winning season, we had RVP who had more than 20. Zlatan is our closest since then, with 17 EPL goals.

We haven’t had a decent RW or striker in some time now.
There are many, many players who would do better than what we currently have.

Enigma_87

You know who
I expected us to..... give him a RW, a striker, and a CM. Ole shouldnt be expected to perform miracles. If the club wants wins, they need to get better players, or be patient with youth and results. It seems we are going the youth route... with martial and rashford who have had years to get it together. If they don’t this year, Ole is screwed.

Has there ever been a club in history that Did amazing without a 20+ goal per season scorer on the team?

We got rid of Lukaku who was close to it last season. Martial and rashford combined had the same amount of EPL goals as Lukaku.

Our last title winning season, we had RVP who had more than 20. Zlatan is our closest since then, with 17 EPL goals.

We haven’t had a decent RW or striker in some time now.
There are many, many players who would do better than what we currently have.
Again, who forced those defenders and Championship wingers on Ole? Who sanctioned the selling of Lukaku? Who said that is happy with the squad?

160m spent, what did you guys seriously expect that he will be given a 300m transfer kitty on the back of woeful finish of the season?

fergiesarmy1

Who bought 2 defenders and a Championship winger then? Was it Jose? His fault again?

There was at the very least 150-160m pounds available for reinforcements. It's either Ole not calling the shots at who we buy at all or he should be responsible for the gaps he leaves behind in the squad.
Whose Jose?

As I’ve said before no manager wants to sabotage himself by leaving himself short so it’s the club not the manager at fault here. Clearly.

Enigma_87

You know who
Whose Jose?

As I’ve said before no manager wants to sabotage himself by leaving himself short so it’s the club not the manager at fault here. Clearly.
I'm not sure I understand. We spent 150-160m pounds on players this window and you are telling me it's not his fault for not buying an attacking player and he wasn't backed?

When you need a replacement in two positions you don't sign 90m EUR rated CB, it's simple.

fergiesarmy1

I'm not sure I understand. We spent 150-160m pounds on players this window and you are telling me it's not his fault for not buying an attacking player and he wasn't backed?

When you need a replacement in two positions you don't sign 90m EUR rated CB, it's simple.
Not really, if your selling a £70 million striker you replace him.

Enigma_87

You know who
Not really, if your selling a £70 million striker you replace him.
This is what I've been saying the whole Summer when it was crystal clear that Lukaku is going to be sold.

There were ton of excuses like Martial being #9, despite not really showing he's capable of leading the line on week to week basis, Mason getting minutes and replacing Lukaku in the team and things like that.

Most of the excuses brought in here was that we didn't need a #9 because Ole was going to play with a fluid front three/four so it made no difference whether we have Lukaku in the team or not.

Eli Zee

Again, who forced those defenders and Championship wingers on Ole? Who sanctioned the selling of Lukaku? Who said that is happy with the squad?

160m spent, what did you guys seriously expect that he will be given a 300m transfer kitty on the back of woeful finish of the season?
I’d expect that the club would see the massive holes in our squad and fill them, even if they are unsure of OGS’s future.

Investing 300 mil in players is investing in United, not just Ole.

I think it’d be crazy to assume Ole did not want any additional players.

roonster09

Scout
Rodri and Cancelo are cheaper than the three we bought. If you discard Mejbri then you should discard the other young players City bought.

If we were short on funds we could've not bought Mejbri but a first team player. The whole argument is that he wasn't backed. 150m- 160m pounds say otherwise.

Spurs aren't given top 4 by default so that deal is not certain, yet you are counting it as one?

Mejbri being 5+5 is a lot more certain than Spurs buying Lo Celso isn't that right?
Yeah, sure signing 16 year old for academy is same as 20-22 year old players. :houllier:

Academy signings have nothing to do with Ole, he isnt even in charge. We have separate team for that.

Good day.

fergiesarmy1

This is what I've been saying the whole Summer when it was crystal clear that Lukaku is going to be sold.

There were ton of excuses like Martial being #9, despite not really showing he's capable of leading the line on week to week basis, Mason getting minutes and replacing Lukaku in the team and things like that.

Most of the excuses brought in here was that we didn't need a #9 because Ole was going to play with a fluid front three/four so it made no difference whether we have Lukaku in the team or not.
I think we are arguing the same point, Lukaku was deemed not good enough either for the system or in general but anyone and everyone should see going into a season where we are going to be playing 3 games a week quite regularly having 3 strikers none of whom are performing top notch anyway is crazy.

Enigma_87

You know who
I’d expect that the club would see the massive holes in our squad and fill them, even if they are unsure of OGS’s future.

Investing 300 mil in players is investing in United, not just Ole.
It's not Woodward's job to judge who is good enough and who is not. He clearly sucks at that job when it comes to estimating player abilities.

Seems like we're throwing kids in the deep end. Ole came out and said it on multiple occasions that the kids are ready and they will feature a lot. Maybe he didn't want to spend additional 100-150 million?

Giving an inexperienced manager 300m (or any managers that we chose so far as a matter of fact) is not the best piece of business if you don't have a good plan. And on the back of last season would you sanction a 300m pounds kitty?

He got more than enough funds to work with mate, come on.

Yeah, sure signing 16 year old for academy is same as 20-22 year old players. :houllier:

Good day.
You came in the argument saying that we didn't spend the most. You are including all city ins and excluding some of Uniteds. If we're going with players that are going to feature in PL alone this year United still spent more than City. United still spent more than Spurs.

So since you claimed that is not a fact, which teams spent more than us using the same criteria and not twisting numbers to your convenience?

As in having option to buy dependent on league finish is certain incoming transfer :houllier:

Enigma_87

You know who
I think we are arguing the same point, Lukaku was deemed not good enough either for the system or in general but anyone and everyone should see going into a season where we are going to be playing 3 games a week quite regularly having 3 strikers none of whom are performing top notch anyway is crazy.
All true of course and this is the main issue I have with our transfer business - leaving CM, RW, CF completely insufficient in terms of options. And if you are happy with that and ready to start the season with those options having spent 150-160m in the Summer, I'm sorry but the manager has to be held accountable.

roonster09

Scout
Yes, spending nearly 400 million and taking us so far from top positions. Wonder who was responsible for all that. Seasons don't happen in isolation. Struggles this season are linked with poor performance in last few seasons.

No one forced Ole to sign CB? Maybe the guy who signed 2 CBs, one of whom gives Jones run for his money when it comes to biggest injury prone player.
We have bigger holes in the team? Wonder who shaped this squad, with players like Fred, Matic as midfield options?

List is so big anyways.

roonster09

Scout
You came in the argument saying that we didn't spend the most. You are including all city ins and excluding some of Uniteds. If we're going with players that are going to feature in PL alone this year United still spent more than City. United still spent more than Spurs.

So since you claimed that is not a fact, which teams spent more than us using the same criteria and not twisting numbers to your convenience?
Maybe you were not so bent on going with this mental gymnastic thing, it 's easier to understand the difference between signing academy player (for which we have separate team) and signing 20-22 year old players. If they don't count, then Daniel James shouldn't count also, few of those players are older than James.

fergiesarmy1

All true of course and this is the main issue I have with our transfer business - leaving CM, RW, CF completely insufficient in terms of options. And if you are happy with that and ready to start the season with those options having spent 150-160m in the Summer, I'm sorry but the manager has to be held accountable.
But we were clearly trying to sign a striker including desperate attempts for the likes of Mandzukic at the death. Ole does not do the negotiations?

roonster09

Scout
But we were clearly trying to sign a striker including desperate attempts for the likes of Mandzukic at the death. Ole does not do the negotiations?
It doesn't matter though, just because Ole isn't toxic cnut like Jose and airs dirty laundry in public, it means Ole is happy with the squad.

It's obvious we have lot of work to do and we didn't sign few more players as we had bloated squad and had to offload many players. Even now we have big squad when it comes to numbers. We have to trim it and make places for new signings.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yes, spending nearly 400 million and taking us so far from top positions. Wonder who was responsible for all that. Seasons don't happen in isolation. Struggles this season are linked with poor performance in last few seasons.

No one forced Ole to sign CB? Maybe the guy who signed 2 CBs, one of whom gives Jones run for his money when it comes to biggest injury prone player.
We have bigger holes in the team? Wonder who shaped this squad, with players like Fred, Matic as midfield options?

List is so big anyways.
Maybe you were not so bent on going with this mental gymnastic thing, it 's easier to understand the difference between signing academy player (for which we have separate team) and signing 20-22 year old players. If they don't count, then Daniel James shouldn't count also, few of those players are older than James.
Maybe you if you are not so bent with this mental gymnastics to find excuse for anything and everything might not cloud your judgement.

James has played in all games so far, there is no guarantee that Mejbri won't feature in the end of the season considering the shortage of options we have.

What does age has to do with anything ?

It doesn't matter though, just because Ole isn't toxic cnut like Jose and airs dirty laundry in public, it means Ole is happy with the squad.
Are you for real? Who said that he's happy with the squad didn't he himself in multiple interviews?

Enigma_87

You know who
And as on the pitch Ole does not have a backup plan resulting in what we have now.

He had the whole summer to identify replacements for Lukaku.

roonster09

Scout
Maybe you if you are not so bent with this mental gymnastics to find excuse for anything and everything might not cloud your judgement.

James has played in all games so far, there is no guarantee that Mejbri won't feature in the end of the season considering the shortage of options we have.

What does age has to do with anything ?
:lol:

Are you for real? Who said that he's happy with the squad didn't he himself in multiple interviews?
Do you even know to read? Ole is not a toxic cnut like Jose. He will keep everything in the dressing room, not in media.

Ole also said we need replacements for any outgoing players, do we need to connect the dots? Only difference is, Ole keeps everything in house and doesn't feed the media.

romufc

When Jose was in 6th place last season
That was his 3rd year in charge.

This is Ole's first. I don't recall calls for Jose to be sacked in his first season when we didn't finish top 4.

Don't twist facts to suit your agenda.

Enigma_87

You know who
:lol:
Do you even know to read? Ole is not a toxic cnut like Jose. He will keep everything in the dressing room, not in media.

Ole also said we need replacements for any outgoing players, do we need to connect the dots? Only difference is, Ole keeps everything in house and doesn't feed the media.
I know how to read and I know how to listen.

No point in discussing this with you considering you will do anything to bend backwards to find excuses for him.

roonster09

Scout
I know how to read and I know how to listen.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...599059/solskjaer-i-am-happy-with-united-squad

No point in discussing this with you considering you will do anything to bend backwards to find excuses for him.
:lol: Still struggling to read.
And you are proving my point.

Hilarious Jose fans talking about finding excuses.

Edit: Posting link from last season, new low.

Enigma_87

You know who
:lol: Still struggling to read.

And you are proving my point.

Hilarious Jose fans talking about finding excuses.
I'm not struggling to read anything. That's your interpretation of him not being happy with the squad. In the open he said he is, I think you are struggling with the comprehension here.

What excuses I've found for Jose? Still putting words in my mouth I see? :houllier:

Good day.

roonster09

Scout
I'm not struggling to read anything. That's your interpretation of him not being happy with the squad. In the open he said he is, I think you are struggling with the comprehension here.

What excuses I've found for Jose? Still putting words I see? :houllier:

Good day.
What excuses you have found for Jose? Everything. It's too huge to even list. Go and search with your user name and Jose, it will give all the results. Biggest one was 'he wasn't backed'

Posting last season's link :lol:

No, you are struggling with basic intelligence here. It's easy to see that Ole will say positive things about his team, squad, club.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
So its Ole fault Ed paid 50 million for a player with one season under his belt, its his fault we paid 15 million for a player who agreed to join Leeds last Jan for 7 million, and its his fault we well over paid for Arry. As for you're question, well when he finally get the mess sorted left by Jose as in no MF, wont say lvg as most if not all his rubbish is gone.

This club is been ran into the ground by a board of buffoons and 2 so called world class managers who left the club in a worse state than Moyes and yet people still expect instant results that are not possible till this squad is fully rebuild.

Jesus people Rome wasn't build in a day and lest we who were of age to see it, neither was the legend that is AF teams, as people like to say he be gone after 90 fa cup if not won, he would have be long gone by then given the unrealistic demands of the modern fan.
So those 3 signings if they're proven to be brilliant is down to ed?

Goalpost always moving. If it's good it's down to ole, if its bad its down to ed.

This is getting ridiculousl. Ed is getting aĺl the blame while nothing is ole fault.