Why are we dropping the standards for Ole?

Denis' cuff

Not enough....Liverpool spent 40 million on Fabinho,52 million on Naby Keira,13 million on Shaqiri and 65 million on Allison...That’s 170 million quid right there...,Liverpool reached the CL final,had a manager who was at the club longer than Mourinho and still spent 170 million....

Chelsea spent 52 million on Jorginho,72 million on Kepa and 58 million on Pulisic in December...Don’t even want to talk about the millions spent by City over the last 4-5 seasons.Guardiola messed up his signings in his first season...signed the wrong GK but the club still kept backing him in the transfer window...

Our squad wasn’t good enough to compete for the league,and a Mourinho tried to warn everybody by saying that just because we ended up 2nd,don’t be lulled into thinking that this squad can compete for the title.We didn’t heed his warning....we didn’t support him in the transfer market....

Correct. Unless you have an agenda to support.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not enough....Liverpool spent 40 million on Fabinho,52 million on Naby Keira,13 million on Shaqiri and 65 million on Allison...That’s 170 million quid right there...,Liverpool reached the CL final,had a manager who was at the club longer than Mourinho and still spent 170 million....

Chelsea spent 52 million on Jorginho,72 million on Kepa and 58 million on Pulisic in December...Don’t even want to talk about the millions spent by City over the last 4-5 seasons.Guardiola messed up his signings in his first season...signed the wrong GK but the club still kept backing him in the transfer window...

Our squad wasn’t good enough to compete for the league,and a Mourinho tried to warn everybody by saying that just because we ended up 2nd,don’t be lulled into thinking that this squad can compete for the title.We didn’t heed his warning....we didn’t support him in the transfer market....
What a genius Jose was. Spent close to 400 million, same as Klopp did and told everyone how squad wasn't good enough. And this was after building team in 3 summer windows signing players in almost every position.

fergiesarmy1

And didn’t he let us know it, that wanker threw last season before the season started. He should have been sacked after Sevilla never mind back him further.

Nikelesh Reddy

What a genius Jose was. Spent close to 400 million, same as Klopp did and told everyone how squad wasn't good enough. And this was after building team in 3 summer windows signing players in almost every position.
This is exactly what happens when you don’t build a proper structure around the manager.Liverpool have a good DOF and their scouting structure is 100 times better than United....It’s not Mourinhos(Or LVG’s or David Moyes’s fault) that Woodward and the owners haven’t built such a structure around the manager.

This isn’t 1999 or even 2007.... The landscape of the league has changed dramatically and we have failed to keep pace with the top clubs in the league.Why did Pep Guardiola refuse to take over at United?He was offered the job twice....Once when he left Barcelona and again when he was coming to the end of his time at Bayern....But he took a good,hard look at the structure and the conditions under which he had to work at United and he cleverly said “I”m sorry,don’t fancy working in this organisation”.

Mourinho did a good job given the conditions that he had to work under.He won more trophies in 1 season that we”ve won in the other 6 since SAF left....He took us up to 2nd....Lets see where good old Ole takes us,shall we?

Nikelesh Reddy

And didn’t he let us know it, that wanker threw last season before the season started. He should have been sacked after Sevilla never mind back him further.
Exactly,sack one of the most successful managers the games ever seen for losing a CL knockout tie.....and anoint someone who has a brilliant track record in Norway instead.Lets wait and watch where Ole takes us....The footballs beautiful to watch right now and I”m sure he”ll achieve more than useless Mourinho....

roonster09

Scout
This is exactly what happens when you don’t build a proper structure around the manager.Liverpool have a good DOF and their scouting structure is 100 times better than United....It’s not Mourinhos(Or LVG’s or David Moyes’s fault) that Woodward and the owners haven’t built such a structure around the manager.

This isn’t 1999 or even 2007.... The landscape of the league has changed dramatically and we have failed to keep pace with the top clubs in the league.Why did Pep Guardiola refuse to take over at United?He was offered the job twice....Once when he left Barcelona and again when he was coming to the end of his time at Bayern....But he took a good,hard look at the structure and the conditions under which he had to work at United and he cleverly said “I”m sorry,don’t fancy working in this organisation”.

Mourinho did a good job given the conditions that he had to work under.He won more trophies in 1 season that we”ve won in the other 6 since SAF left....He took us up to 2nd....Lets see where good old Ole takes us,shall we?
All the clubs struggled and magically started to play well when they hired good manager and which in turn made structure and everything good enough.

We didn't sign some duds, we signed players who all had good seasons and wanted by managers. Structure won't help the manager in coaching. It's on him and that's been a failure since SAF retired.

Pep didn't reject us twice, first he said he wasn't even sure if the job was offered and he already gave his word to Bayern. Second time City were so far ahead that they sorted everything with Pep, Bayern even announced his replacement before Pep even said that he is leaving.

Ole doing well or poorly won't change the fact that we spent more than most club and the gap between us and top clubs increased.

fergiesarmy1

Exactly,sack one of the most successful managers the games ever seen for losing a CL knockout tie.....and anoint someone who has a brilliant track record in Norway instead.Lets wait and watch where Ole takes us....The footballs beautiful to watch right now and I”m sure he”ll achieve more than useless Mourinho....
Like it was beautiful under Jose :lol:

roonster09

Scout
Somehow one of the most successful managers the game has ever seen is still unemployed when many big clubs changed managers.

minoo-utd

We need to get used to it. Ole will be giving the time and chance by the board more than any previous manager. This seasin i can see that the board or Ole him self doesn't care about the results as long as he believes the rebuild might take 2 more years or so. So ofcourse we can't be patient because we are already tired enough hearing that rebuild shit let alone we can't see such big moves from the glazers nor ambitions neither intentions to get us back where we should be. It seems everything is not working and we have no vision what next!

Nikelesh Reddy

Like it was beautiful under Jose :lol:
It wasn’t....But atleast we won a European trophy and finished 2nd.....Would love to watch Ole match or surpass what Mourinho did at the club,but I sadly can’t see it happening.I simply do not think that Solksjaer has the competence,vision,talent or the managerial ability required to manage United....,I hope I”m wrong,but I don’t think I am....

fergiesarmy1

It wasn’t....But atleast we won a European trophy and finished 2nd.....Would love to watch Ole match or surpass what Mourinho did at the club,but I sadly can’t see it happening.I simply do not think that Solksjaer has the competence,vision,talent or the managerial ability required to manager United....,I hope I”m wrong,but I don’t think I am....
Nothing under Jose was being built for the future and never will be with Jose it was all about him and the now. Finally we have some forward planning and a strategy under Ole.

Eoin McMahon

We should go all out to try and convince Pochettino to take the hotseat. He is too perfect for the job and is the closest in quality to Klopp and Guordiola. Ole just doesn't have the ability to have us challenging for titles again

fergiesarmy1

We should go all out to try and convince Pochettino to take the hotseat. He is too perfect for the job and is the closest in quality to Klopp and Guordiola. Ole just doesn't have the ability to have us challenging for titles again
What’s he won as a manager?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The evaluation of him isn't based on what he has won for Spurs. Not should it be. Its fecking spurs. They were in no state to win anything sustainable when he took over.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
And still aren’t.
They are. They could conceivably win the Champions League for fecksake. And when I say conceivably I don't mean "anyone can win". I mean get all the way to the final, knocking out joint favourites along the way.

They weren't anywhere near what was expected from a top 4 side and they have knocked Arsenal off their perch since he joined. I'd take that as a barometer of managerial skill than a random FA cup or whatever any day. Your logic is so flawed, you probably reckon Juande Ramos will go down as a better manager for Spurs?

Anyway this is an Ole thread and I digress. I'm backing Ole at this stage anyway so it's a pointless discussion.

fergiesarmy1

They are. They could conceivably win the Champions League for fecksake. And when I say conceivably I don't mean "anyone can win". I mean get all the way to the final, knocking out joint favourites along the way.

They weren't anywhere near what was expected from a top 4 side and they have knocked Arsenal off their perch since he joined. I'd take that as a barometer of managerial skill than a random FA cup or whatever any day. Your logic is so flawed, you probably reckon Juande Ramos will go down as a better manager for Spurs?

Anyway this is an Ole thread and I digress. I'm backing Ole at this stage anyway so it's a pointless discussion.
He didn’t win it though but glad you’re on the Ole train :)

fergiesarmy1

Just watching Sunday supplement and they quoted Jose saying “I can tell within 5 minutes if a young player is going to make it” he’s a dinosaur in todays game.

roonster09

Scout
Just watching Sunday supplement and they quoted Jose saying “I can tell within 5 minutes if a young player is going to make it” he’s a dinosaur in todays game.
Didn't he tell Mount and Tammy shouldn't have played few weeks back? Now they are looking like very good young players.

fergiesarmy1

Means nothing. Everyone knows how good a manager he is.
Not saying he isn’t a good manager, just saying he has won nothing so sacking Ole getting the wheelbarrow out for Poch and then another restructure doesn’t sound a fantastic idea to me right now.

roonster09

Scout
He’d have thrown his toys out again if he was at Chelsea.
Yeah, any club with "proper structure" won't be hiring him, unless they have WTF moment again. Looks like clubs have learnt lessons, many clubs changed managers but none of them appointed him.

One of the clubs (like we did) will be desperate and will hire him

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not saying he isn’t a good manager, just saying he has won nothing so sacking Ole getting the wheelbarrow out for Poch and then another restructure doesn’t sound a fantastic idea to me right now.
Those arguing for it are basing it on Poch having a track record of rebuilding a side into his own image extremely well.

Eoin McMahon

The lack of silverware never once crossed my mind because it doesnt change that if he could be brought to Old Trafford it would be the best appointment since Fergie left. What Poch has done with Spurs is 3 trophies in my book. Fergies army surely remembers " Its just Spurs" well just Spurs is a distant memory and that is largely down to the magic Poch has created at the club.

His team play the high pressing attacking football that Ole is feebly trying to implement with little success, on a far smaller budget has built squad that has quality cover in all areas and his youth development t is something we also hold dearly withing the club and has managed transform spurs into top 4 regulars all while a new stadium was built.

But yiou surely know all that already so you must some other valid reasons for Poch not suiting our club please tell?

fergiesarmy1

The lack of silverware never once crossed my mind because it doesnt change that if he could be brought to Old Trafford it would be the best appointment since Fergie left. What Poch has done with Spurs is 3 trophies in my book. Fergies army surely remembers " Its just Spurs" well just Spurs is a distant memory and that is largely down to the magic Poch has created at the club.

His team play the high pressing attacking football that Ole is feebly trying to implement with little success, on a far smaller budget has built squad that has quality cover in all areas and his youth development t is something we also hold dearly withing the club and has managed transform spurs into top 4 regulars all while a new stadium was built.

But yiou surely know all that already so you must some other valid reasons for Poch not suiting our club please tell?
If we were to sack Ole I’d take him if we could get him which isn’t a certainty anyway, he signed a five year contract last year.

I don’t want us to sack Ole though as there are clear signs of progress from the turd LVG and Jose brought us mostly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That's exactly where im finding it harder and harder to watch games and not see any change or improvement from the last game and the most unbearable and disgraceful sight that has happened multiple times under Ole, the smaller teams with the lesser players at Old Trafford passing the ball around us, forcing the game and putting us under pressure.
This happened most recently when Southampton played us 2 weeks ago and dominated for most the game. Dyu think that for 1 second that under Ferguson, LVG or even Mourinho at times would have allowed Southampton dominate us at Old Trafford so easily that they probably wouldn't have minded playing us there next week again.
Teams who used to fear Old Trafford, a stadium where you just didnt pick up any points and that was it, now enjoy themselves if they push at all usually come away with a draw or a win that before would have been a miracle. Can people honestly see a plan or anything Ole has done as manager because I can't and it seems more likely the players were managing themselves for them 10 games as I don;t see any trace of them performances under Ole since.
Southampton - Man United
Possession: 41% - 59%
Shots: 10 - 21
Shots on target: 2 - 8
xG: 0.77 - 1.90

Yeah, one team definitely dominated that game:rolleyes:

Man United - Crystal Palace
Possession: 71% - 29%
Shots: 22 - 5
Shots on target: 3 - 3
xG: 2.24 - 0.68

Wolves - Man United
Possession: 34% - 66%
Shots: 6 - 9
Shots on target: 2 - 2
xG: 0.31 - 1.14

Man United - Chelsea
Possession: 46% - 54%
Shots: 11 - 18
Shots on target: 5 - 7
xG: 2.37 - 1.10

Yesterday the possession was pretty even for most of the game, as we had an early lead so didnt need to force the issue but we also lacked Martial and Pogba, the 2 creative players we have in attack but also the 2 most talented ones capable of keeping possession best under pressure. So of course we were going to play a bit differently and not keep the ball as well. That's why yesterday was all about keeping the defense solid, which it was, and taking our chances when they came, which we did.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Those arguing for it are basing it on Poch having a track record of rebuilding a side into his own image extremely well.
He's 'built' one PL side (without winning anything) under a favourable set of conditions. No guarantees he repeats the trick elsewhere.

He even finished on less points than the team he took over in his first season. Would that be accepted here?

Sylar

The evaluation of him isn't based on what he has won for Spurs. Not should it be. Its fecking spurs. They were in no state to win anything sustainable when he took over.
Tbf Liverpool weren't in a state to win anything when klopp took over either (even though he took them to two finals after being appointed)

Spurs were actually ahead of Liverpool at one point

Amerifan

Taken from reddit.
Impressive performance by Ole. Even more so when you consider what he inherited. Maybe this will finally silence the trolls who arbitrarily only count games after PSG last season.

ArjenIsM3

Oh great stats thats just as good as watching the game I suppose which you clearly didn't do because stats never tell the whole story of a game. Maybe instead of copy and pasting stats you could go watch the highlights of the match alright.
Christ what a trainwreck of a post. They didn't dominate at all. We dominated them for 50 minutes. We had every chance to kill the game off. Their only chances were two shots from outside the box ffs. After that we lost control a bit and they created 1 good chance from open play. They scored from a fecking corner. They literally had the upper hand for 15 minutes. Then one of them rightly got sent off and we had several good chances to score (James, Rashford, decent shot from Greenwood to name a few). Ball didn't go in. It happens. Maybe you're the one who should watch the fecking match instead of spouting this absolute bollocks. Idiots like you really get under my skin.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's 'built' one PL side (without winning anything) under a favourable set of conditions. No guarantees he repeats the trick elsewhere.

He even finished on less points than the team he took over in his first season. Would that be accepted here?
What favourable conditions might that be? He has a state funded club (city) , the biggest club in the world (united) and a sleeping giant (Liverpool) forking out hundreds of millions more than he has.

Tbf Liverpool weren't in a state to win anything when klopp took over either (even though he took them to two finals after being appointed)

Spurs were actually ahead of Liverpool at one point
What did Klopp spend versus Poch? For what it's worth klopp is better than Poch, but you can't really use that as an argument against considering Poch as a manager.

Shark

@NotShark
What favourable conditions might that be? He has a state funded club (city) , the biggest club in the world (united) and a sleeping giant (Liverpool) forking out hundreds of millions more than he has.

What did Klopp spend versus Poch? For what it's worth klopp is better than Poch, but you can't really use that as an argument against considering Poch as a manager.
Perhaps he’s talking about having the likes of Son, Eriksen and Kane. If he came to United for example he simply wouldn’t have that caliber of player.

roonster09

Scout
That's exactly where im finding it harder and harder to watch games and not see any change or improvement from the last game and the most unbearable and disgraceful sight that has happened multiple times under Ole, the smaller teams with the lesser players at Old Trafford passing the ball around us, forcing the game and putting us under pressure.
This happened most recently when Southampton played us 2 weeks ago and dominated for most the game. Dyu think that for 1 second that under Ferguson, LVG or even Mourinho at times would have allowed Southampton dominate us at Old Trafford so easily that they probably wouldn't have minded playing us there next week again.
Teams who used to fear Old Trafford, a stadium where you just didnt pick up any points and that was it, now enjoy themselves if they push at all usually come away with a draw or a win that before would have been a miracle. Can people honestly see a plan or anything Ole has done as manager because I can't and it seems more likely the players were managing themselves for them 10 games as I don;t see any trace of them performances under Ole since.

Oh great stats thats just as good as watching the game I suppose which you clearly didn't do because stats never tell the whole story of a game. Maybe instead of copy and pasting stats you could go watch the highlights of the match alright.
fecking hell, so many things wrong in the posts. Also looks like the second post in the answer for your first post.

Southampton didn't dominate us and 2 weeks ago they didn't play us at Old Trafford.

Re dominating, plenty of average teams dominated us, especially under Jose.

Sylar

Don't get me wrong, I like poch. And spending has helped klopp but the spending has more or less been wise. (Karius and so far Keita aside)

But one of the issues for poch has been his words towards trophies

Eoin McMahon

Christ what a trainwreck of a post. They didn't dominate at all. We dominated them for 50 minutes. We had every chance to kill the game off. Their only chances were two shots from outside the box ffs. After that we lost control a bit and they created 1 good chance from open play. They scored from a fecking corner. They literally had the upper hand for 15 minutes. Then one of them rightly got sent off and we had several good chances to score (James, Rashford, decent shot from Greenwood to name a few). Ball didn't go in. It happens. Maybe you're the one who should watch the fecking match instead of spouting this absolute bollocks. Idiots like you really get under my skin.
Might refresh your memory mate you were probably watching the replay of the League Cup Final a few years ago dont worry about it you probably had too many pints.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Perhaps he’s talking about having the likes of Son, Eriksen and Kane. If he came to United for example he simply wouldn’t have that caliber of player.
He has an excellent ability to get the maximum out of his players. On paper his squad isn't the same level as those who have spent hundreds of millions year on year. That's not a favourable condition.

Don't get me wrong, I like poch. And spending has helped klopp but the spending has more or less been wise. (Karius and so far Keita aside)

But one of the issues for poch has been his words towards trophies
Yeah, I don't mind his trophy quotes though because I actually get it. Trophies are less important than top 4 for Tottenham. Its just how the money and building works. Fa cup and carling Cup mean feck all and he's not reasonably expected to win the league or champions league with his squad.