Why are we dropping the standards for Ole?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Yep, we cannot continue to go 1 step forward and 2 steps back. But we can say it on this forum all we like, as long as there are 75,000 fans at OT on the weekend nothing will change.
I do remain optimistic. Even if Ed remains in his post which is more than likely I still think we can be challengers if we get the right person in the hot seat. The last few windows we probably haven't spent enough in the transfer windows but we're still spending more than most and a good manager can make the most of it. A very good manager could win titles and an exceptional manager could consolidate us back within Europes best. Unfortunately an average manager won't get close no matter how much money is spent.

romufc

I do remain optimistic. Even if Ed remains in his post which is more than likely I still think we can be challengers if we get the right person in the hot seat. The last few windows we probably haven't spent enough in the transfer windows but we're still spending more than most and a good manager can make the most of it. A very good manager could win titles and an exceptional manager could consolidate us back within Europes best. Unfortunately an average manager won't get close no matter how much money is spent.
Jose was a good manager but unfortunately his buys were terrible and he was never a Utd manager IMO.

We need a manager who is forward thinking, the OT pitch is so big you cant play a defensive game, we need a manager who will encourage the ball to be moved with zip.

Finding a manager who will be elite is difficult. There is only few out there and we do not seem to be proactive. Poch is available get him in now. gives him 4 months to know how he wants to play and who he needs.

If we are going to sack ole, why wait? what purpose does it serve?

romufc

Ole is as much a problem as Woodward and now Woodward is hiding behind Ole and his new 'long term' project to deflect criticism and sabotage transfers so that the Glazers can loot more of the club's funds. Both are protecting each other, this is why you see Ole offering himself up for blame over the transfers but ironically people were using the summer business as an excuse to keep him around when he did the bare minimum and ignored key areas of the team.
Ole is running out of good will from fans now too. He is actually now ruining his reputation, he is showing that he is nothing but a yes man. At United, a manager has to be strong.

Realistically, if you take the United fan hat out of the equation Ole and Woodward are doing exactly what everyone else would. When the owners do not care about results why should they bother?

Ole is on very good money which he won't get anywhere else, Woodward is racking up the bonuses so why would they speak up against each other when their interests are mutual.

The reason Jose and Ed relationship broke over transfers is because Jose is a winner, he wants to win.

Nothing about Ole suggests that.

AneRu

Ole is running out of good will from fans now too. He is actually now ruining his reputation, he is showing that he is nothing but a yes man. At United, a manager has to be strong.

Realistically, if you take the United fan hat out of the equation Ole and Woodward are doing exactly what everyone else would. When the owners do not care about results why should they bother?

Ole is on very good money which he won't get anywhere else, Woodward is racking up the bonuses so why would they speak up against each other when their interests are mutual.

The reason Jose and Ed relationship broke over transfers is because Jose is a winner, he wants to win.

Nothing about Ole suggests that.
Agreed but Jose wasn't blameless himself though. For what its worth even though I think we could do better than the Glazers and they are parasites I also recognize that as owners they give sufficient space and backing to do better than we have done under Woodward, their massive blindspot with Woodward is worrying. Looking at what we spend and have spent in comparison to teams like Juventus, Atletico and Dortmund to mention just a few you get the sense that we suffered because we lack direction not because we aren't spending. Its incumbent upon the Glazers and Woodward himself to recognize his shortcomings in the market and shore it up by employing a proven DOF to lead the football side and give him autonomy to decide the fate of the manager and players. Or just sell the club before they ruin it further.

romufc

Agreed but Jose wasn't blameless himself though. For what its worth even though I think we could do better than the Glazers and they are parasites I also recognize that as owners they give sufficient space and backing to do better than we have done under Woodward, their massive blindspot with Woodward is worrying. Looking at what we spend and have spent in comparison to teams like Juventus, Atletico and Dortmund to mention just a few you get the sense that we suffered because we lack direction not because we aren't spending. Its incumbent upon the Glazers and Woodward himself to recognize his shortcomings in the market and shore it up by employing a proven DOF to lead the football side and give him autonomy to decide the fate of the manager and players. Or just sell the club before they ruin it further.
The answer seems clear and simple that employing a DoF will give Woodward someone to assist him. I am all for him as CEO if he provides funds and sticks to the commercial side of things.

Get a proper football person in charge of transfers and philosophy. We changed from Moyes who had traditional English style of hard to beat and play for set pieces and crosses to LVG of possession only to Jose who was a defensive coach.

There is 0 consistency, what do we want? play good football? short term success? long term success? What is the plan?

AneRu

The answer seems clear and simple that employing a DoF will give Woodward someone to assist him. I am all for him as CEO if he provides funds and sticks to the commercial side of things.

Get a proper football person in charge of transfers and philosophy. We changed from Moyes who had traditional English style of hard to beat and play for set pieces and crosses to LVG of possession only to Jose who was a defensive coach.

There is 0 consistency, what do we want? play good football? short term success? long term success? What is the plan?
This is what happens when you make an Accountant who spent half his life as an investment banker your CEO, clubs were able to smell his naivety from thousands of miles off and proceeded to play him so now his is just a figure of ridicule which makes his position as our Transfers point man untenable. If Malcom Glazer, the real don with the business acumen was still alive he wouldn't have let things get to this level but now his kids are just being exposed as mere beneficiaries not participants in his business ventures. No self respecting businessman would keep a CEO who has overseen FOUR managerial failures whilst spending nearly a billion pounds at it and failing to mount even a single title.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Jose was a good manager but unfortunately his buys were terrible and he was never a Utd manager IMO.

We need a manager who is forward thinking, the OT pitch is so big you cant play a defensive game, we need a manager who will encourage the ball to be moved with zip.

Finding a manager who will be elite is difficult. There is only few out there and we do not seem to be proactive. Poch is available get him in now. gives him 4 months to know how he wants to play and who he needs.

If we are going to sack ole, why wait? what purpose does it serve?
More than a good manager we need the right fit. Just because someone like Rodgers is doing a great job at Leicester doesn't mean he could do a job for us. To find the right fit could take time which is why I'm losing patience with Ole because he obviously isn't it.

Is Poch the right fit? Who knows but I'm 100% certain in my own head he's a lot better fit than Ole. Poch has already said he's ready to come back into management right now and I'm hoping the club already have an arrangement with him in place before he goes somewhere else. If not I fear for the club because a more perfect replacement will be hard to find but that doesn't mean we stick with what we have if Poch doesn't come. We may make more mistakes along the way but at least the club will be showing ambition instead of settling for sentimentality which in the end will get us nowhere.

romufc

This is what happens when you make an Accountant who spent half his life as an investment banker your CEO, clubs were able to smell his naivety from thousands of miles off and proceeded to play him so now his is just a figure of ridicule which makes his position as our Transfers point man untenable. If Malcom Glazer, the real don with the business acumen was still alive he wouldn't have let things get to this level but now his kids are just being exposed as mere beneficiaries not participants in his business ventures. No self respecting businessman would keep a CEO who has overseen FOUR managerial failures whilst spending nearly a billion pounds at it and failing to mount even a single title.
Yep, the kids have 0 interest in the club, as long as it is profitable. No businessman who has ambition would either. Pathetic from the top down.