Why are we dropping the standards for Ole?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Had this been the run of form for anyone non-United related surely would have been sacked.

Is it really something we can afford to persist with?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What's the last 16 games like for Pochettino? Guess Spurs should sack him too right?

gormless

What's the last 16 games like for Pochettino? Guess Spurs should sack him too right?
Pochettino has proven himself as a manager and reached the Champions League final last year. They can go down the form is temporary, class is permanent route with him.

Ole doesn’t have that proven pedigree. This might be his level

bosnian_red

Pochettino has proven himself as a manager and reached the Champions League final last year. They can go down the form is temporary, class is permanent route with him.

Ole doesn’t have that proven pedigree. This might be his level
The response was directed at: "Had this been the run of form for anyone non-United related surely would have been sacked."

Obviously he shouldn't be sacked. Ole shouldn't be either. Last season was always a write off and was a season we should never base anything off of. This season is absolutely a fresh start for Ole and the club, and it's the only way to look at it. We gave him the job, now give him a chance to make it work this season.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Because 'running'

Because 'tradition'

Because '1999 treble winning goal'

Because 'rebuild'

Because 'we've tried big name managers... so now we must do this'

Because 'fixing culture at the club - like Fergie did'

Because 'Pogba is on Instagram'

Because 'FIFA playing fans don't understand what Ole is doing'

Btw @MyOnlySolskjaer - you should change title to 'Lower than Watford'.

Denis79

We still have standards? We're over the moon when we manage comfortably win a game. The man has done something we all cried for, to get rid of deadwood, he has given youth a chance. That he didn't get backed sufficiently by the board is not on him.

NWRed

Had this been the run of form for anyone non-United related surely would have been sacked.

Because he's trying to rebuild a huge club and squad after 6 years of poor decisions, it takes longer than 6 months and 1 transfer window to do that. He's making the right changes and choices behind the scenes, if he continues to do that results on the pitch will follow. The impatience of football fans these days is ridiculous, you'd have sacked SAF in 88/89 with this attitude, in fact you'd probably have sacked him in 03/04 with this attitude.

Shark

@NotShark
The response was directed at: "Had this been the run of form for anyone non-United related surely would have been sacked."

Obviously he shouldn't be sacked. Ole shouldn't be either. Last season was always a write off and was a season we should never base anything off of. This season is absolutely a fresh start for Ole and the club, and it's the only way to look at it. We gave him the job, now give him a chance to make it work this season.
It’s been a horrendous start. We’re currently sitting on 5 points, with Leicester, Arsenal and West Ham coming up. Things will only go from bad to worse.

lysglimt

Scout
Because 'running'

Because 'tradition'

Because 'rebuild'

And you should change yours to "Always whining"

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think we can allow some leeway for form at the fag end of a miserable season where we had a lot of injuries. However, I do think we the club while backing Ole needs to be concerned about peformances under him and not clouded by by blind faith.

pacifictheme

Because he's trying to rebuild a huge club and squad after 6 years of poor decisions, it takes longer than 6 months and 1 transfer window to do that. He's making the right changes and choices behind the scenes, if he continues to do that results on the pitch will follow. The impatience of football fans these days is ridiculous, you'd have sacked SAF in 88/89 with this attitude, in fact you'd probably have sacked him in 03/04 with this attitude.
Hyperbole at its finest bravo.

Denis79

It’s been a horrendous start. We’re currently sitting on 5 points, with Leicester, Arsenal and West Ham coming up. Things will only go from bad to worse.
I agree our start has been terrible and it might get worse as you say but the fingers need to point at the right people.

bosnian_red

fecking relax, it's been 4 games.

Alabaster Codify7

I've said many times, Ed Woodward should be in possession of a fecking medal for the job he's done in forcing the fans to accept mediocrity. He's managed to slowly but steadily erode any form of expectation or protest among our fanbase, and he's done such a good job of it that the majority of fans are expecting us to struggle to finish SIXTH for the 2019/20. Sixth.

It's an incredible job to be honest. I have to take my hat off to him, the bloke is an absolute genius when it comes to his job.

Denis79

I've said many times, Ed Woodward should be in possession of a fecking medal for the job he's done in forcing the fans to accept mediocrity. He's managed to slowly but steadily erode any form of expectation or protest among our fanbase, and he's done such a good job of it that the majority of fans are expecting us to struggle to finish SIXTH for the 2019/20. Sixth.

It's an incredible job to be honest. I have to take my hat off to him, the bloke is an absolute genius when it comes to his job.
He is brilliant I'll admit. King of deceit and propaganda.

El Zoido

What exactly would sacking Ole achieve apart from setting us back another 12 months while the new guy brings in his own personnel.

I feel sorry for people that cannot see the good progress we’ve made under Ole despite the results. I truly believe the results will come eventually.

NWRed

Hyperbole at its finest bravo.
The only (slight) exaggeration was the 03/04 comment, the rest is exactly what I think, and frankly I don't think anyone reasonable could disagree with it.

Fans who want Ole sacked 4 games into the season after 6 months in charge with the squad and club in the state are, in my opinion, acting like spoiled children.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Because he is a legend.
Because he smiles a lot.
Because he loves Fergie.
Because he is not Mourinho.
Because all of sudden we have shit team
Because he is master of empty and nice talk with which he got fans on his side. Fans think that 6th place is success. 6th place!! Being better than Wolves and Everton is our goal. We play attacking football fans say. Ole said it so it is true.
Because he uses his free day to watch u21 squad.
And the last: he knows the club

And the fun part is this; the thing in which all Caf is on the same side is that Glazers and Ed are doing bad job in this club. But yet, it is ok to keep manager who has 3 wins in 16 games

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
His obsession with Ole is something else. :lol:
And yet it's nothing compared to your obsession with me lad ;)

I'm obsessed with Man Utd, and I hold a different opinion to you on who should be managing Man Utd. That's not such a big deal for you, is it?

I passionately believe that my club is going backwards by employing a manager who couldn't get work in the Championship - now, although you disagree with that, you surely have enough empathy to understand that for people who believe what I do, the answer is to stop wasting time with a managerial no-mark and move on?

Again, try not to become fixated on the poster as a personality, and instead look for understanding in what they're saying.

Try not to take people on the internet's opinions on Ole as a manager as a personal affront to yourself.

And if you're unable to use empathy and understanding to connect with fans who disagree with your opinions on Man Utd, simply leave them to it.

Cheers.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Basically no one would want to join us at this point, not after the transfer market is closed. If Ole leaves then who would be his replacement? Carrick? Butt? Gaz the slaughterer of Valencia?

Kemizee

Because 'running'

Because 'tradition'

Because 'rebuild'

You are crazy:D:lol:... What you said is hilarious but those are the sentiments many are holding on to.

devilish

Giggs till the end of the season?
Isn't Giggs busy with Wales? Or are you referring to the other Giggs whose busy humiliating his treacherous brother?

On a serious note, there's not many managers willing to join a club at this point of season especially since that's same club has been busy dismantling the team. Whoever takes the job will be expecting assurances ie a permanent job. We would be silly to offer that.

The only valid option I could think off would be Laurent Blanc. However I doubt the guy would be interested in the job

Greck

Coming into the season I thought he was operating on dirt low standards. Then the season started and the bar was lowered even further. Making a case not to hold a Manchester United manager accountable if he finishes midtable? Three uninterrupted years to determine if he's the right or wrong manager? Not even awful results and poor management in the interim to change that timeframe. Jose fans didn't go that far and they were LSD level mindcontrolled to love him blindly. Many of us begrudgingly accepted 6th position and even that is now being dropped

0le

The media moan when managers are sacked without getting a chance. We then retain Ole to give him a chance and there are question marks about why we have not sacked him. You couldn't make it up.

siw2007

It’s part of the culture at Watford to do that, I personally don’t like it but if the coaches that come in are under no illusion as to how things are going to pan out and are still keen on the role then fair do’s.

I’m not sure Ole is going to take United back to the top, but the question that has to be asked is who do we want as United manager? There isn’t an obvious choice out there, there isn’t a top manager available/who wants the job. There is still some good work being done even though results haven’t been great, the players we have bought in have been fine additions, we are trying to play a better style of football. It’s important that if there is a new manager then they can take the existing framework and move it forwards instead of ripping it up.

devilish

The media moan when managers are sacked without getting a chance. We then retain Ole to give him a chance and there are question marks about why we have not sacked him. You couldn't make it up.
that's another problem. If Ole is sacked then his pundits mates would stir a perfect shitfest. The new guy will be marked as the villian who caused little Ole to lose his dream job. No decent manager would want to take that poisoned chalice especially at a time when United has dismantled the squad and there's absolutely no chance buying in reinforcements.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

I'm assuming context comes into play. One is a new manager therefore afforded time to try and do his own things while other one had that run while already being well established and accustomed.

It's not black and white

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
United needs to stop living in fantasty land and get back to reality. this is not a fairytale, it's business. Watford is acting more like a big club. No other club in the world would let a rookie manager stink up the place like United have done with Ole.