Why are we putting up with the Glazers?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You need to ask MUST and their LUHG merchandise. Us average fans can only watch from afar and support/complain with our wallets which in a grand scheme of things don't matter when it's not coordinated or done in a large scale. MUST were built to make sure that supporters have their views heard and yet they never happened. Glaziers always get away with it and probably have never heard of MUST. Glazers are more familiar with RedCafe than MUST, at least they know it's a red coloured cafe.

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

I agree with your points and I hear what you’re saying but they’re totally hands off and only really want to be involved when money is being spent. They’ve appointed people in key positions that are fecking useless and run the club like a traditional workplace. Liverpool were in a similar spot until they appointed the right manager, and unfortunately we’ll also be in this spot until we appoint the right manager to wake the club up again. Until then it’s all about staying relevant.
The Glazers are ultimately accountable for who they employ below them to run the club. They let Woodward and Judge make a complete mess and in the process spent over billion quid in wasted transfer funds. That’s arguably their money he’s wasted.

Being hands off and passing responsibility to others is not an excuse for any business owner. If anything that shows how bad they are as owner because they didn’t realise the situation was so bad they needed to act. And arguably they still haven’t acted because Arnold and Murtough are Woodward’s boys.

You can tell all of Malcolm’s children are clueless rich kids bought into wealth rather than actually making their own. An asset the size of Manchester United on paper is probably worth £3-4 billion and they take out £20m dividend a year. That is a terrible annual return for an investment that size. They have no clue what they’re doing in business and left it to business men to run. The problem with football it’s no like no other industry so you need people in that know the business side of football.

SER19

Really your argument is about Jones getting contracts and that’s been done a million times already in the Jones thread

edit: i suppose you could loosely say “look how much has changed in 10 years” which is roughly Jones tenure
I dont think I'm making an argument. You might not find that paralleling those signings and where each player and club went since that summer is a stark example of the terrible management of Uniteds squad, opposed to Liverpools. I do.

Lee565

Today's fans are easily pleased, a shiny new big name or new manager and all is forgotten about of how terrible we have been run by the glazers and sucked all the qualities our club use to be about and feel like a hollow club more interested in brand and image much like psg

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
I think they’re trying to sell the club behind the scenes. They’ve milked this cow for long enough and they know the fans won’t accept no new facilities or stadium and no debt repayment, shares at an all time low sooner or later it’s just not profitable enough for them, I think somebody high up or a Neville or a Beckham to get behind a takeover bid and their days will be numbered. The only positivity I can take is that they can’t milk this cow for much longer everything needs overhauling and they haven’t got the passion or the means to do so and the fans will not accept mid table. I’d take relegation to get rid of these lot

alexthelion

So? Is that the best you can do?

Just look up how much we have had to pay in financing costs over the years because of THEIR DEBT.

I'm more disgusted by the fans making excuses for these parasites, than the parasites themselves.
Is what they did illegal? Is it common business practice?

Who do you want to replace the Glazers?

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Hard to believe in this day and age a mega sports brand like Manchester United is being run like a family business - 6/11 directors of this club are from the Glazer clan.

Flying high

Is what they did illegal? Is it common business practice?
Oh please. This is such a bogus argument.

Who do you want to replace the Glazers?
Somebody at least vaguely competent. Whose aim is to improve the club. If they fail at those basic requirements, then they will need to be removed as well.

Once we've proven that we won't accept negligent ownership, the next owner will be more aware of their repsonsibilities.

If we get back to the top, on and off the field, then any owner taking money from the club can be forgiven. These leeches though are taking us in the opposite direction, costing us a massive amount of money in finacing their debt, which isn't even being paid off.

And you seem to think they are the best we can hope for?

ForeverRed1

They’re not rich enough to own a club this big. Never was. It’s that simple. It needs someone (or a collective) with enough wealth to buy it, pay off the debt and invest in the future of the club and strategy. It’s going to cost a bomb and the pool of people that can and would invest so much money is slim.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Every club makes bad decisions
Look at Chelsea.
Seriously, you’re going to use Chelsea as an example, the club the wins trophies and gets rid of players and managers that don’t meet the standard in a heartbeat

Bondi77

Seriously, you’re going to use Chelsea as an example, the club the wins trophies and gets rid of players and managers that don’t meet the standard in a heartbeat
Lukaku, Havertz and Werner.
That is 220mil quid down the drain and you think they are a well run club?

ObscureBaguette

There are still people to this day prepared to defend the Glazers, to "play Devil's advocate" for them or to say we need to give them a chance. We've got Richard Arnold saying we need to be worried about sponsors while the Glazers take billions out of the club. The Glazers are poison and it is vital that they get out of the club.

Cassidy

Lukaku, Havertz and Werner.
That is 220mil quid down the drain and you think they are a well run club?
Havertz? Not sure why he is in this list. All clubs make transfer mistakes, its how you deal with it that counts.
1 Look at the trophies won (they are focused on achieving success)
2 Lukaku will be gone and likely they will recoup the transfer fee over 3 years with loans or a sale

Bondi77

Havertz? Not sure why he is in this list. All clubs make transfer mistakes, its how you deal with it that counts.
1 Look at the trophies won (they are focused on achieving success)
2 Lukaku will be gone and likely they will recoup the transfer fee over 3 years with loans or a sale
Havertz was a good buy at 70mil?????

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Chelsea are nearly as bad at wasting money as we are! And they were owned by a Russian oligarch sportwashing his name to legitimise his stolen billions - why in the name of feck are they being used as an example of an ownership model to aspire to?

TheReligion

Abusive
Erm you know why this is though. Surely?

Also even Chelsea fans admit they’ve been ran poorly of late. Look how far away they have slipped from City and Liverpool and the absolute dross they’ve signed and still have on their books.

UpWithRivers

I know its pie in the sky crazy thinking but why cant the fans buy out the club. 1 billion fans. If we could get 250 of them to loan 20 pounds ish thats more than 4 billion. They could get paid back by discounts in the shop, preferential tickets and be named as the founders of the new United and go down in history. Engrave their names in the new stadium somehow. I dont know the details but it cant be that hard. 20 pounds is not that much is it?

Cassidy

Erm you know why this is though. Surely?

Also even Chelsea fans admit they’ve been ran poorly of late. Look how far away they have slipped from City and Liverpool and the absolute dross they’ve signed and still have on their books.
Past 10 years not last 2/3. Everyclub has a couple of years of getting things wrong. Including Liverpool ansd City. And still in the past 5 years have won as many major trophies as Liverpool by the way

TheReligion

Abusive
Past 10 years not last 2/3. Everyclub has a couple of years of getting things wrong. Including Liverpool ansd City. And still in the past 5 years have won as many major trophies as Liverpool by the way
Yeah that doesn’t answer the question. you understand why Chelsea have been able to do that?

Big Andy

Bloke
I know its pie in the sky crazy thinking but why cant the fans buy out the club. 1 billion fans. If we could get 250 of them to loan 20 pounds ish thats more than 4 billion. They could get paid back by discounts in the shop, preferential tickets and be named as the founders of the new United and go down in history. Engrave their names in the new stadium somehow. I dont know the details but it cant be that hard. 20 pounds is not that much is it?
Remember Shareholders United about 15-20 years ago? They ended up getting about 100,000 members from memory. 99% of United's "1 billion fans" (even though it's generally touted as 650m) aren't arsed enough beyond finding out the score and watching them on telly once in a while.

padzilla

Hipster
I find it interesting that Liverpool fans forced Hicks and Gillett out while half of our fans seem to be making excuses for the Glazers.

TheReligion

Abusive
I find it interesting that Liverpool fans forced Hicks and Gillett out while half of our fans seem to be making excuses for the Glazers.
What have you personally been going to force the Glazers out? Genuinely interested given you made the thread.

Cassidy

Yeah that doesn’t answer the question. you understand why Chelsea have been able to do that?
Good people in the football side of things. When a player doesn’t do well they usually get rid, either sale or loan and use the funds to replace

TheReligion

Abusive
Good people in the football side of things. When a player doesn’t do well they usually get rid, either sale or loan and use the funds to replace
Maybe look at the former owner. That’s a clue. You know the dodgy Russian bloke who allowed the club to operate in to debt and took the hit against himself?