Why can't Pep seal the deal?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
His habit of choking in the semi now extends to the FA Cup.

I wonder how he prepares for big games and why he tries so hard, and gets so far but can't go all the way.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dysfunctional tactics. Erecting a good side is fine, but keeping it there is the tricky part

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He's getting found out with his most expensive side.

Paul_Scholes18

Won the cup last season so not sure what this is about? Also won the league cup 3 seasons in a row.

Djemba-Djemba

Their cup draws in the last few years have been outrageously lucky.

Anytime they've faced a top 6 side in the cup it's been much more of a struggle for them.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
They overplay it and end up trying to thumb it in.

Fooza

To beat city is to let city have the possession, defend and counter.

His style is a lot more easy to play against than before. I thought Arteta knew exactly what would happen. City had to resort to crosses in the box by the end which is very unlike a Pep team. He's been found out by a lot more teams this year.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

His style is a lot more easy to play against than before. I thought Arteta knew exactly what would happen. City had to resort to crosses in the box by the end which is very unlike a Pep team. He's been found out by a lot more teams this year.
Think it depends on the clientele really. Arsenal did what they had to do with the players they have. But I don't envision Madrid, or Liverpool (on their best day) etc would need to let city play their game.

United too.

diarm

Won the cup last season so not sure what this is about? Also won the league cup 3 seasons in a row.
Ah we can all wax on about how we used to be able to get more than a semi back in the day. Age catches up with us all my friend.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Especially without Aguero, he's a huge miss.

He has the habit of always being in the right place for a tap in, he only needs 1 touch to score.

When people like Sterling are having off days he just can't score, it's really strange. Jesus isn't the same natural scorer either.

Champagne Football

Pep spent £130 million on Cancelo and Rodri last year, with Pep having the nerve to say City couldn't afford Maguire too, and neither of them have really set the world alight this year. But they'll probably come good next season.

Pep's lack of faith in youth is almost Mourinho level. He lost Sancho because he wouldn't give him game time. Leroy Sane didn't really get a long enough run in the team. Foden's season spent on the bench is a disgrace. He should have played far more minutes.

City will ship out a few in the next window, David Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Otamendi etc might leave and I think City will buy big this summer.

Fooza

Especially without Aguero, he's a huge miss.

He has the habit of always being in the right place for a tap in, he only needs 1 touch to score.

When people like Sterling are having off days he just can't score, it's really strange. Jesus isn't the same natural scorer either.
I'll be surprised if they don't replace Aguero or find a finisher like him in the window. I hope they don't.

Adamsk7

There’s a joke about Pepto-Bismol and Pep-abysmal somewhere.....

That doesn’t have anything to do with erections though...

Dante

Average bang
Last season? :confused:
Sometimes it's hard to get past a semi so soon after the last time. If Pep waits a little bit, it'll come naturally.

He made the mistake of thinking he could get together with his ex and he that he wouldn't even need to put in the effort. If anything, it's even more important to be wary of a semi when you're going to the Arse.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Sometimes it's hard to get past a semi so soon after the last time. If Pep waits a little bit, it'll come naturally.

He made the mistake of thinking he could get together with his ex and he that he wouldn't even need to put in the effort. If anything, it's even more important to be wary of a semi when you're going to the Arse.
:lol: well played