Why did we buy Fred?

Martialfc

I think even with inflation he's definitely up there. But personally I think Andy Carrol and Torres was worse. 50 million for Torres at the time was a huge fee and he just became a running joke.

Di Maria awful as well, but at least we recouped a lot of the money.
Torres worse than Fred ? Wow. Surely that’s a wind up.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
You know the guy's bad if Lee Dixon gets it spot on:

• "What's Fred good at? He almost never passes the ball forward - squares, squares, always squares."
  • "United may grow desperate and Fred might start passing forward, you never know!"
  • "Fred's lined up for the free-kick, but doubt he would take it, as it would mean playing it forward."
Some good lines there. Most good midfielders are taught around 16 that you always try to receive the ball while facing the opponents goal. Before making the save pass, you always give a look for a penetrating forward pass. In Sundays match Fred continually received the ball facing our goal and usually made the square pass without even looking forward. This is football 101 and Fred seems to have not learn this. Maybe, he just doesn't trust to receive with his right foot because it seems he seems to go out of his way to control with his left most times.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Torres worse than Fred ? Wow. Surely that’s a wind up.
He broke the british tranfer record and sixth most expensive player in history and he scored 1 goal in his first season..

Dr Foo

The weird thing was I remembered he used to go for forward/through passes or a dribble in his early games for us. And would lose the ball as a result, and wasn't safe enough. Now he doesn't even do those

ExoduS

Looked awesome today. Calm, composed, useful! Great performance. Great! Hope this game turns his United career. I think he has got another gear in him. There is flair that he is not showing yet because he is so focused on getting basics right. I think once a bit of flair and creativity gets natural to his game in England, he will be very, very decent player. Not gonna say great just yet.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Plays better next to scott rather than Pereira who's just useless at everything.

Cant wait for pogba- mcsauce- fred midfield.

SAFMUTD

Amazing change, he lacks creativity but he is a motor never gets tired and challenges everyball. I hope he keeps it up.

JoaquinJoaquin

Never understood the stick he got from our fans. Some were putting him in the Pereira category, if you put De Bruyne in a CM with Pereira he would struggle. Glad he is proving people wrong.

cyril C

Same here. Fred showed last season that he is good in midfield 3. I am very pleased with him
Fred has proven to be good in midfield 2 as long as partnering with McTom. Should Pogba return he will not be a good partner, can't clean up Pogba's ass every time. But a MF 3 with McTom and Pogba should be solid and aggressive enough.

pacifictheme

Fred has proven to be good in midfield 2 as long as partnering with McTom. Should Pogba return he will not be a good partner, can't clean up Pogba's ass every time. But a MF 3 with McTom and Pogba should be solid and aggressive enough.
Yeah in my head thats a midfield 3 but with pogba pretty much a 10. He is completely unreliable as a defensive player and by far our most creative player. Fred and mctominay were great today and midweek, overall.

Martialfc

He’s improving but not there yet. I’ll be honest I thought he was a complete waste of space but he’s gradually changing my mind.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s improving but not there yet. I’ll be honest I thought he was a complete waste of space but he’s gradually changing my mind.
If he keeps ups his performances of the last few weeks then he’s there.

Consistency.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Never understood the stick he got from our fans. Some were putting him in the Pereira category, if you put De Bruyne in a CM with Pereira he would struggle. Glad he is proving people wrong.
You never understood the stick he was getting? McTominay is the only partner he has looked a player beside. He has been utterly lost for most of his United career. This has not been entirely his fault but to say you don't understand why he's taken stick is being wilfully obtuse. I'm delighted to see him thriving now.

Bestietom

He has proved me wrong, and I'm glad he has. He could turn out to be a good one after all. Playing very well these last few games.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Imagine how the season would have been completely different if the team had Herrera in the squad to rotate with McTominay.

I’m hoping we’ll finally see @Mainoldo in here admitting that he was so wrong and that yes, some players, just as Robert Pires said when I quoted him last year in our discussion, need serious time to adapt to the Premier League

I doubt it though.

Mainoldo

I’m hoping we’ll finally see @Mainoldo in here admitting that he was so wrong and that yes, some players, just as Robert Pires said when I quoted him last year in our discussion, need serious time to adapt to the Premier League

I doubt it though.
:lol: Actually can’t remember what I said. But I’ve flip flopped on him a couple times.