Why did we buy Fred?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Of course it would. Pogba is miles ahead of Fred in a midfield position.

I’d rather give Garner a chance than Fred. Piss poor attitude and he’s been whole time he’s been here.
Think of the possible creativity gain then because Lingard wouldn't play for starters. Our formation will change soon enough, I'll bet good money on that

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
How long does it take to marry your sister?

Mind you Kleberson married a 14 year old.
Kleberson married a 16 year old he met when she was 14. 16 would be legal age for marriage in Brazil according to a quick google search.
What is the stuff about sister? Neymar joke or something I've missed? or are you trying to be funny?

redshaw

Thread title gets more damning over time.

He could play in Lingard's position. His old coach say's he's more offensive, his game is to break up play high up and be attacking, probably why City was looking if true. While he may not be top draw I think he could be more effective than the ghost of Lingard.

C'est Moi Cantona

Mane went to the AFCON finalw missed preseason and still played since Day 1. Fred is a special case :lol:
I'm not making excuses for him, the reality is the guy must be utter gash to not get near to knocking Lingard or Mctominay out of midfield.

el3mel

Did we sell him ? Where's he ? We don't have many players in midfield for him to be totally out.

Is he injured ?

Kostur

海尔的老板
People need to realise that we cannot play both him and Pogba given their tendency to getting dispossessed. It would murder us.

We have to play him. We are getting overrun in midfield every game and we need 3 proper CMs there. We have nobody else to choose from, AMs don't cut it.

fps

Thread title gets more damning over time.

He could play in Lingard's position. His old coach say's he's more offensive, his game is to break up play high up and be attacking, probably why City was looking if true. While he may not be top draw I think he could be more effective than the ghost of Lingard.
Perhaps when he's fit he will. He seems to have a shot on him and like to get forward. I'd like nothing more than him to step up as a 10, a Brazilian number 10 bossing it at Man Utd would be glorious. At some point this absinthe's gonna wear off and I'll remember who we're talking about.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He has to play after Lingard’s shocking performance so far. The point of signing Fred was always so we can move Pogba in that no 10 role. Sick of watching Lingard’s bad touch & not producing. Sick of watching Pogba is taking too many touches & lose the ball.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
We've tried Fred with Pogba at the ten and it didnt work. Pogba is just a strange piece to fit players around, like the midfield version of a lumbering target man who needs the whole team built around him. I know he is clearly our best player, but Fred + a DM shielding him and 4 options in front of him is how Fred shined. Not in a midfield 3

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It really is desperate times when we are hoping for Fred to save us.
:lol:
Yep.

Anybody reading these posts would think that Fred is the Ballon d'or elect.
For some reason, there are fans who believe that we are saving him up, to use as a secret weapon and that it is now time to unleash this rabid beast of a player to maul our opponents.
The actual reason Ole is not using him, is because he is crap!

fps

Yep.

For some reason, there are fans who believe that we are saving him up, to use as a secret weapon and that it is now time to unleash this rabid beast of a player to maul our opponents.
He's so good it would be UNFAIR to use him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Linked to Fiorentina for 30m euros (calciomercato, no idea how reliable they are). If that's the fee, I think we're better off just seeing what he's capable of. Without him we'd be down to 3 midfielders.

El Zoido

Yep.

Our midfield is basically Pogba. We desperately need personnel in the middle of the park, so the desire is more that we need another man in there. Our only other alternative is Matic, so what exactly do you expect? Nobody thinks Fred is a secret weapon or anything, but at least he’s an actual midfielder, of which we’re in dire need of. The window is closed so we can only use what we already have.

Marcus

Our midfield is basically Pogba. We desperately need personnel in the middle of the park, so the desire is more that we need another man in there. Our only other alternative is Matic, so what exactly do you expect? Nobody thinks Fred is a secret weapon or anything, but at least he’s an actual midfielder, of which we’re in dire need of. The window is closed so we can only use what we already have.
This.

Josep Dowling

Can someone tell me where he actually is?

£52m we paid for him and he can’t even make the bench.

The signing is on par with Sanchez when you look at the fee we paid. Crazy how much money we have wasted in the transfer market.

£70m for Fred and Dalot last summer and both can’t even make the squad. Our recruitment has been absolutely terrible for years. And we wonder why we haven’t improved.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fred, er thread was pointless before but now it's actually a valid question. Why isn't he playing?

Alabaster Codify7

Was this a board signing? Genuine question.

He was bought 'for Jose'. Yet Jose barely played him and didn't seem to rate him.

Ole seems to rate him even less and he's gone missing.

The big hint.....City were apparently interested and we outbid them. Hmmmm. Sanchez ring a bell?

Is it that far fetched to Imagine that Woody and co were deliberately trying to outdo City in the market as s way of keeping our name in the media with a sense of superiority?

Is it really THAT far fetched?

Stacks

He was bought 'for Jose'. Yet Jose barely played him and didn't seem to rate him.

The big hint.....City were apparently interested and we outbid them. Hmmmm. Sanchez ring a bell?

Is it that far fetched to Imagine that Woody and co were deliberately trying to outdo City in the market as s way of keeping our name in the media with a sense of superiority?

Yes it is. Only at United do we claim that out Exec buys random players for 50million for banter. It's Ed derangement syndrome.

Lynty

If I remember correctly, McKenna was the one who pushed for him.

He's not a terrible player. But something must be wrong backstage. Perhaps he's shagged Moyes daughter as well.

ICHM

Somebody somewhere at United wanted him, I personally would like to know who?

Alabaster Codify7

Yes it is. Only at United do we claim that out Exec buys random players for 50million for banter. It's Ed derangement syndrome.
Only at United do fans simplify something as 'banter'. When Ed himself did a presentation to shareholders based around the amount of social media buzz Sanchez created. Only true United fans ignore how obsessed our board is with off-field publicity.

Greck

You know there are numerous sources confirming Jose was behind this, as with the Sanchez transfer. You don't get to rewrite recent history that easily

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Mane went to the AFCON finalw missed preseason and still played since Day 1. Fred is a special case :lol:
Mané is one of the best footballers in the world and absolutely integral to Liverpool. Fred is behind in the pecking order and came back still behind in the pecking order.

At least he came back very grateful to the manager and from what I've seen from his social media and interviews, he seems plenty motivated to break through this season. If it happens is another matter

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mané is one of the best footballers in the world and absolutely integral to Liverpool. Fred is behind in the pecking order and came back still behind in the pecking order.

At least he came back very grateful to the manager and from what I've seen from his social media and interviews, he seems plenty motivated to break through this season. If it happens is another matter
Just pointing that no preseason isn't necessarily a good excuse. We wasted a lot of him sadly

Stacks

Only at United do fans simplify something as 'banter'. When Ed himself did a presentation to shareholders based around the amount of social media buzz Sanchez created. Only true United fans ignore how obsessed our board is with off-field publicity.
Sorry about not being a 'true fan.' I will try to be a better fan. With hard work, perseverance and becoming more woke, I believe this is possible