Why didn’t we just wait until the end of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikelesh Reddy

I was just surprised and shocked when Ole was given the job full time.Yes,there was talk in the media that he was going to sign permanently imminently but I didn’t take that talk seriously...I thought that we would do the sensible thing and wait until the end of the season before taking a call.

Why did we give him the job permanently??Why?Dont tell me that Rashford and De Gea wouldnt Have signed new contracts without Ole signing first...Why did we jump the gun and lose our nerve?

This isn’t an overreaction,i”ve been thinking about this for the last few weeks....4 defeats now in the last 5 games...Apart from those few months,what in his track record suggests that he’s good enough for this job?I”m not saying that he shouldn’t have become our manager,I”m just saying that we should have done the right thing by taking a call at the end of the season....

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I guess having the manager in place helps with future planning?

I would have waited too but realistically he was going to get the job regardless so.... *shrugs*

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
He was always going to get the job. Why wait? He's done enough. More than enough actually

cyberman

4 defeats in 5 but imo we were clearly the best side in 3 of those v Arsenal, Wolves and tonight.
Ole can't do much more with how he sets us up?

Eddy_JukeZ

I imagine the money needed to buy out Pochettino from his contract was very high and Ole had good/great results.

The board took a gamble.

Hopefully Ole does a good job.

Tyrion

Presumably players the club may be talking to now would want to know who the manager will be and the current players obviously like OGS which helps.

Also it's worth pointing out that we don't know how many of the alternatives were available. Zidane could have said no. Poch could have said no.

matt23

Why didn't you just post this in the Solkjaer thread?

ManRed

Injuries, lack of fitness, off the pitch distractions has really hampered the progress we were making under Ole.

We have not been playing bad but have too many below average players or players who dont have their head on the pitch but more off it. This can be seen in their performances whether its De Gea, Pogba or Herrera.

Even with this run of results Ole was getting the job.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Because the Glazers / Woodward needed to get it done while the fanbase still had the wool over their eyes.

And this move, employing OGS, has saved them millions and millions of pounds.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ole hasn't even had a transfer window yet you Muppet. January doesn't count as we didn't have the money clearly.

Give the guy a break.

lsd

The Oracle
He did enough to get the job but right now we don't have the players he needs

Monkey bus

Needed to solidify the camp and ensure our transfer targets know who the Manager is going to be. Simple as that.
Would a different Manager have beaten Barcelona tonight do you think?

Chairman Steve

It probably means we now have a more settled structure at the club and potential new players can now be more assured about joining us, rather than not knowing who the new manager is going to be... especially with us since we’ve essentially had three managers who all had different play styles.

soaphroniscuss

I was just surprised and shocked when Ole was given the job full time.Yes,there was talk in the media that he was going to sign permanently imminently but I didn’t take that talk seriously...I thought that we would do the sensible thing and wait until the end of the season before taking a call.

Why did we give him the job permanently??Why?Dont tell me that Rashford and De Gea wouldnt Have signed new contracts without Ole signing first...Why did we jump the gun and lose our nerve?

This isn’t an overreaction,i”ve been thinking about this for the last few weeks....4 defeats now in the last 5 games...Apart from those few months,what in his track record suggests that he’s good enough for this job?I”m not saying that he shouldn’t have become our manager,I”m just saying that we should have done the right thing by taking a call at the end of the season....
Careful now .. :nono: That's dangerous talk around these parts :wenger:

flappyjay

4 defeats in 5 but imo we were clearly the best side in 3 of those v Arsenal, Wolves and tonight.
Ole can't do much more with how he sets us up?
These past few weeks have been annoying. Arsenal 1st goal was gifted by us, wolves 1st by us and now Barca first goal was another error that rarely ever happens.

BlueHaze

We should have waited yes, but looking at the current managers out there currently available it would have been problematic either way. Zidane went to Madrid and to buy out Poch would have costed roughly £40m and you can forget the Glazers coughing up that kind of cash to buy someone out of a contract. Either way what's done is done and there is literally no point dwelling on this now. We have to look at where we are at and take it from there.

The club needs to back Ole to a hundred percent this summer and give him whatever the feck he wants. The window is also open shorter this summer due to new rules so there is literally no time to feck about. If they do not take this summer serious we will be in big trouble for the coming 5+ years mark my words.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Guys I've found Mourinho's caf account.

Nickleless Ruddy said:
Thanks for everything Jose.You give it your 110 percent week in,week out....I”ve always admired the man and I always wanted him as our manager.Thanks for the trophies in the first season and thanks for always giving everything for our club.Its a shame that things have ended like this,but that’s football.

All the best for the future Jose,Hopefully you can win many many more trophies in the future.Farewell Jose,Thanks for everything....

Ban

:lol:

Not only Ole's honeymoon is over but redcafe honeymoon with him is well and truly over.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
That performance tonight with the players that started?

That's why he got the job. We were the better side over 90 minutes even though some of our so called fans would rather see it otherwise.

Didn't come off in the final third but nobody would have said it was not deserved if the game ended 1-1.

We're still in this tie. Daft thread.

dove

Because he is a perfect man for the job. He is cheap, will never blame the board, never complain about lack of money or quality of players and the fans adore him. Board took the opportunity to give him a contract before our inevitable drop of performance levels. Yet another masterclass from Ed.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
That performance tonight with the players that started?

That's why he got the job. We were the better side over 90 minutes even though some of our so called fans would rather see it otherwise.

Didn't come off in the final third but nobody would have said it was not deserved if the game ended 1-1.

We're still in this tie. Daft thread.
Technically still in the tie but realistically you have a 1% chance at the Nou Camp. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won 3-0.

Also god knows I hope I’m fecking wrong because I want United to win.

2E_MUFC

We have brainless strikers and a non existent right side of the pitch. Let’s see how we do next season. He done a brilliant job in giving us a fighting chance for top 4.

OlesWheel

He was always going to get the job. Why wait? He's done enough. More than enough actually
I completely agree with you. He’s changed us for the better. We were left in a heap let’s be honest. We’ve had a great run, got through to the QF of the CL (albeit losing tonight, we played decent).

Now it’s a case of getting top 4 and securing it. We’re gonna have to ride our luck a little at times.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Have to plan for next season, easier to do when everyone knows who the manager is. What more needs to be said? Ole deserved the job and still deserves it. Is it some big deal that we lose against fecking Barcelona when we have no options but to play a midfield of McTominay and Fred and Young at right back with Dalot at right wing? Apart from Young they played well too! It's just one of those things. Our players arent underperforming under Ole, and that's all you can really ask for.

matt23

Because the Glazers / Woodward needed to get it done while the fanbase still had the wool over their eyes.

And this move, employing OGS, has saved them millions and millions of pounds.
How has it saved them millions of pounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.