Why different standards between us and Liverpool? And fatigue...

Alek M

Da manic one
So we play Spurs, a top 6 team, we go down a player, and we lose 6-1 and the world is ending. But in fact, we were in the game until Martial got his red. And all of us would fancy that we would try to make a comeback to get to at least 3-1. So with a player down we allow 3 more goals.

Liverpool on the other hand, play with 11 men, against Villa, who are a mid table team (despite being unbeaten) and there is 0 criticism for their lack of effort, lack of focus, lack of managerial astuteness and inspiration to get his team in order.

In my mind, players at major clubs, especially those that advanced far in European competitions played well into August. They never had a good month or so of a mental and physical break. It is exhausting, no matter how much you want to play footie. You can almost feel the lack of sharpness, focus, desire with the big teams. All of them, and even Barca, Real this weekend showed this.

Also, the lack of fans has played a part. Many lads get pumped to play in front of the Stretford End, but without fans sometimes there is lack of inspiration.

It will be a bumpy season, and will take a bit of time for us to get match sharpness back. Ole getting so much stick for losing with the same result as Liverpool did with 11 men was really losing sight of the big picture.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Because people watch our full games and other highlights. They see us in all our glory whereas they see Liverpool on MOTD or gif form.

It’s like watching me try to pull a girl. Sure if you’d seen me score at the end of the night you’d think I was a hero. If you watched me literally get rejected fifty times first, you’d think I was a loser.

United are fine. We will have a good year hopefully. Certainly too early to tell yet.

GBBQ

First off, we weren't still in the game when Martial got sent off, we could have been 5 down and didn't really look like we could score.

Second, Liverpool earn a respite from criticism because they just won the league and the CL the year before. Can be viewed as more of a freak result in an otherwise impressive 2 seasons for them whereas our topsy turvy form has been the case for every season post SAF. The love in with Liverpool wont last forever and a few more results like Villa and Everton and the sheen will be gone, Klopp will be questioned and the cycle will continue.