Why do we have a meltdown today?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Because we are in lockdown. There’s bugger all to do day to day. You look forward to watching United for a fortnight. And then it’s just tumescent rubbish as usual. It would be okay if it were the exception as opposed to the norm.

U99ted

I don’t know about a meltdown, but the team have to be doing better than that if they are going to achieve anything. Fans have a right to be critical.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
its just a default reaction these days. People choose to overlook how often other teams grind out these wins through a season, or how often we did it under Ferguson. We used to say that these were the types of results that win titles.

PoTMS

How low are the standards of some modern day Utd fans if they're baffled as to why so many are unimpressed and worried about this side.
It's the same names over and over again. I'm convinced some are rival fans posing as United fans trying to stir the pot.

meamth

No way I'm lowering my standards as we're crying for a win at home today.

We won, feck me, we fecking won. Finally those lads can work harder next time for a better performance at home, with better confidence.

its just a default reaction these days. People choose to overlook how often other teams grind out these wins through a season, or how often we did it under Ferguson. We used to say that these were the types of results that win titles.
No-one chooses that. What we are critical about if it needs spelling out to you is that we’ve been utterly dreadful at Old Trafford in the league all season.
Every week we want to see an improvement, but after 2 years we see a team and performances actually going backwards.

El Zoido

I’ve stopped coming to the caf recently and I feel a lot better for it.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
How low are the standards of some modern day Utd fans if they're baffled as to why so many are unimpressed and worried about this side.
On the floor. Even up to a few years ago, we had higher standards than this. We wanted Mourinho & LVG out for less, and that's after winning trophies. Almost as if the bar gets lowered every week for Ole now.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
No-one chooses that. What we are critical about if it needs spelling out to you is that we’ve been utterly dreadful at Old Trafford in the league all season.
Welcome back RAB.

Yes we've been very poor at home this season so far. Excellent away. Go figure. I prefer to just see this game as what it was, a scrappy home win. 3 points. Move on. Must have watched a hundred of these over the last 2 decades.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Think the team is really missing the fans support at home games. We seem so lacklustre compared to our away games.

fen4e

I am fairly certain if this squad was worth 100m, most of us wouldn't mind the situation we are in.

However, we have Pogbas De Geas, Maguires etc who we paid crazy money for and are on huge salaries.
On top of that, we underperform AND play crappy football.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Honestly, we need to be thankful the internet wasn't a thing when United lost 5-0 to Newcastle and 6-3 at Southampton in the same week. It would have been a meltdown of Chernobyl proportions. We played badly, we got a bit of luck but we got the three points. Jose's been doing that down at Spurs and nobody's complaining. If we do what we did today 30 times, play crap and scrape a win, it'll end very well for us. I won't complain until we actually lose.

The Irish Connection

We were well feckin lucky to get a win tonight. All I want is us to play well and get a few wins in a row but I just can’t see it. Let’s see if we can build on it for the next game, that would show improvement. Hope it happens.
One thing that stood out for me again was the right side. It was so weak in an attacking sense, and that is on Woodward and co again.
Van de Beek seems like another Herrera, Schneiderlin type signing : fits the right price, available, here you go manager, now shut up. Don’t get me wrong, I like van de Beek, and I’d have him ahead of pogba, but ole clearly didn’t need him, meanwhile the right wing continues to rot.

TheGodsInRed

Because those games were the outlier. People said it about Liverpool when they won games 1-0 last season. The difference was when Liverpool weren't winning 1-0, they were winning by 3 or 4. When we aren't winning by a goal margin, we are getting beat 6-0!

fen4e

Think the team is really missing the fans support at home games. We seem so lacklustre compared to our away games.
Ok, I hear this way too often.

I'll be honest I've been to Old Trafford once. And it was 2011, a game against Chelsea, huge game as we were fighting for the title.

It didn't feel like I was watching the biggest football club at home. The stadium was nice, dont get me wrong. But for the most part people were just sitting and watching as we were in a theatre. And it was arguably the biggest, most important game of the season.

The atmospehere felt a bit underwhelming compared to the other football games I've been lucky enough to attend across Europe.

meamth

I thought we won tonight?
Now they want free flowing attacking football, with 80% possesion, 1 touch passing, triangle from De Gea to Martial, 90 minutes pressing and also, tiki taka.

Doesn't matter if the match ended 1-0, they want a "style of play".

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Because those games were the outlier. People said it about Liverpool when they won games 1-0 last season. The difference was when Liverpool weren't winning 1-0, they were winning by 3 or 4. When we aren't winning by a goal margin, we are getting beat 6-0!
There is no outlier with United at the moment. We can be brilliant, average or quite shite. I would honestly have taken any kind of win tonight.

King Eric 7

Based on today's performance, we probably would have lost against 15 of the other 19 teams in the league. As luck would have it, we faced a dreadful West Brom and even then we rode our luck to get a win. Embarrassing.

Now they want free flowing attacking football, with 80% possesion, 1 touch passing, triangle from De Gea to Martial, 90 minutes pressing and also, tiki taka.

Doesn't matter if the match ended 1-0, they want a "style of play".
I want to see us playing very good football in the majority of games, just like a half billion squad should.

Instead I’ve seen 2 years of inconsistent “meh”.

Rossa

Based on today's performance, we probably would have lost against 15 of the other 19 teams in the league. As luck would have it, we faced a dreadful West Brom and even then we rode our luck to get a win. Embarrassing.
It's the same team that rattled Tottenham last game. The same Tottenham that beat City 2-0. It is a weird season.

Morpheus 7

Honestly, we need to be thankful the internet wasn't a thing when United lost 5-0 to Newcastle and 6-3 at Southampton in the same week. It would have been a meltdown of Chernobyl proportions. We played badly, we got a bit of luck but we got the three points. Jose's been doing that down at Spurs and nobody's complaining. If we do what we did today 30 times, play crap and scrape a win, it'll end very well for us. I won't complain until we actually lose.
Whataboutery. Stuck in the past and making excuses for the present. Ferguson won titles with us and changed the entire club, with freak results along the way. It's so irrelevant to what we are watching, no comparison. I want people to explain why Ole is the right man now, why the consistency and performances are absent. Fans should ask questions, loyalty is becoming blind.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ok, I hear this way too often.

I'll be honest I've been to Old Trafford once. And it was 2011, a game against Chelsea, huge game as we were fighting for the title.

It didn't feel like I was watching the biggest football club at home. The stadium was nice, dont get me wrong. But for the most part people were just sitting and watching as we were in a theatre. And it was arguably the biggest, most important game of the season.

The atmospehere felt a bit underwhelming compared to the other football games I've been lucky enough to attend across Europe.
Doesn't have to be loud without pausing for breath. It's that 2 second raw of 'come on!!!!' that the players look like they need.

Away wins are massively up across football. Its not a coincidence. Football without fans is nothing.

How many West Brom players went away for international duties and having to play in midweek?
Ah, so every week before a home game we play internationals and our opponents don’t.

Ah, that’s why.

We’re wank on a regular basis. If it’s not internationals it’s “pre-season”, if it’s not pre-season it’s “he needs more time”, if it’s not time it’s “he needs Sancho” etc etc.

2 years of excuses. But hell, he got top 4 eh, the holy grail.