Why does Rashford keep pointing at his head™?

norm87cro

Why did Alan Shearer celebrate in the most basic way?
Why did Ronaldinho do that thing with his fingers everytime he destroyed a defence?
Why did Nani have the urge to do a triple flip everytime he scored?
They are footballers not rocket scientists there really is no deeper meaning to it

Last edited:

Oscar Bonavena

Getting stuck in? Was the ball bouncing off his shin everytime when he had a poor game made any better by kicking someone?

The point is people have short memories. All players go through dry spells and patches of poorer form in a season. Rashford's just had the best season of his career and scored 30 goals, while often being played at CF and on the right, where he's less effective than on the left, because we're short of quality up top. He's carried us this year and without him we wouldn't have made top 4 or won a cup. The criticism is fairly ridiculous.

That's a great return from a wide forward and wouldn't be an issue at all if we had a proper CF and someone on the right who could chip in with 15 - 20.
My criticism of him is nothing to do with dry spells or patches of poor form. All forward players go through that, I get it.

My criticism of Marcus is when he IS going through a bad patch of form, almost every other aspect of his game collapses. His aggression, energy, workrate falls off a cliff.

Let me ask you honestly, when he chucked that header against Rodri in the cup final, was your reaction "that's OK Marcus, you've scored enough goals for us this season, you don't need to challenge for that"?

Because I bet it wasn't!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Starting to feel as if he is referencing his (sensible) measured approach to contract negotiations. Can see why he is being patient, but feck me this will be a terrible summer if he doesn’t re-sign.

jm99

You really want to this here too? :lol:
Well you clearly do as well. You seem to take everything as an attack. I like rashford as a player, I think if we get kane he'll work well off him, and I think we should try to keep him. I don't think we should lock ourselves into an 80m contract or 100m contract to keep him because I don't think he's worth that. Not everyone who doesn't agree with you is a "hater"

Real Name

Well you clearly do as well. You seem to take everything as an attack. I like rashford as a player, I think if we get kane he'll work well off him, and I think we should try to keep him. I don't think we should lock ourselves into an 80m contract or 100m contract to keep him because I don't think he's worth that. Not everyone who doesn't agree with you is a "hater"
You quoted me mate in a post which didnt have anything to do with you.

Real Name

And you quoted a poster in a post that didn't have anything to do with you. This is a discussion forum
Jesus Christ. :lol:

I hope you wont follow me in other threads as well. Or its just when it's about Rashford who you apparently like as a player.

jm99

Sure, okay then mate.

Spoken like a fan who is very fond of Rashford.
I am fond of rashford, I don't think he would take 400k a week at psg over 300k a week here, but if he would then he's the type of player who'll happily throw away his peak years in a subpar league at a circus club for a bit of extra money, and that would impact my opinion of him

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I am fond of rashford, I don't think he would take 400k a week at psg over 300k a week here, but if he would then he's the type of player who'll happily throw away his peak years in a subpar league at a circus club for a bit of extra money, and that would impact my opinion of him
The fact is that we've never heard any leaks about Rashford being interested in joining PSG, so I don't know what drove you to say "well feck him if he's a mercenary". It's like saying "I love my loyal girlfriend but if she cheats on me then she's an absolute slag who I never want to see again". You're getting wound up over imaginary scenarios that you've concocted in your own head.

jm99

The fact is that we've never heard any leaks about Rashford being interested in joining PSG, so I don't know what drove you to say "well feck him if he's a mercenary". It's like saying "I love my loyal girlfriend but if she cheats on me then she's an absolute slag who I never want to see again". You're getting wound up over imaginary scenarios that you've concocted in your own head.
I was replying to people who said he could get 400k a week at psg as a justification for us paying him the same. I didn't make it up

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Burkino Faso triple jumper Zango just won the competition with his last jump in Monaco and celebrated with a Rashy Special :cool:

The_Order

Stick to dragons :lol:
Seriously,

What a terrible ill conceived post.

The shit some of our own fans give Rashford an academy product living a movie we would all love to watch let alone live.

Just had his most productive season and still getting grief.

The best coaches in the world heap praise on the lad for a reason.