Why does Rashford keep pointing at his head™?

Get In Scholesy

Were they taking the piss out of him or what was that about?
Saka has done it this season, before today it’s not the first time IIRC. As has Welbeck, it’s not exclusive to Rashford, but he scores more than them so we see it more often aside from the fact that we as United fans probably watch United more than we do other teams.

Walters_19_MuFc

Saka has done it this season, before today it’s not the first time IIRC. As has Welbeck, it’s not exclusive to Rashford, but he scores more than them so we see it more often aside from the fact that we as United fans probably watch United more than we do other teams.
Welbeck did it and tweeted Rashford.

Feck knows why Saka did it. Probably just taking the piss.

frostbite

Kimmich, 8:49

Well ... it is better than the knee slide thing... less dangerous.

Withnail

It's a bit crap for a goal celebration. Quite performative and far too serious, especially when the other lads are trying to celebrate with him like against City. It's beginning to piss me off a bit.

Waynne

The pointing to the head thing must mean he's in the right state of mind to move forward as a player, to improve. Probably mentally he is in tune with himself, putting in extra work on the training ground and now it's all paying off.

Something like that. Can't be anything else.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's a bit crap for a goal celebration. Quite performative and far too serious, especially when the other lads are trying to celebrate with him like against City. It's beginning to piss me off a bit.
It's not pissing me off but I was thinking after that match; "A late winner in a come from behind win at Old Trafford against your city rivals and you do that stone-faced celebration. Go mental!"

(...)

Supports
Arsenal

Clearly looking to seduce Aulas and move to Lyon next season

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Welbeck’s a United fan and I’m sure Saka looks up to Rashford. So it’s much more likely a tribute than taking the piss.
It's not a tribute for fecks sake. If one of our players copied a rivals goal celebration during a heated match against said rival would you think yeah that's a tribute. It was incendiary and classless from the little rat. We will get him back next time.

Grande

It's not a tribute for fecks sake. If one of our players copied a rivals goal celebration during a heated match against said rival would you think yeah that's a tribute. It was incendiary and classless from the little rat. We will get him back next time.
You sound like an intruder to a birthday party looking for a fight.

Someone

Something
It's not pissing me off but I was thinking after that match; "A late winner in a come from behind win at Old Trafford against your city rivals and you do that stone-faced celebration. Go mental!"
It is pissing me off to be honest, it lacks any emotion or passion, specially after scoring a later winner as you mentioned.

Remember Alan smith against Roma? Or the late Owen goal against City. Imagine they just stood and pointed at their heads. Give me Martinez vs Arsenal any day of the week.

AFC NimbleThumb

It is pissing me off to be honest, it lacks any emotion or passion, specially after scoring a later winner as you mentioned.

Remember Alan smith against Roma? Or the late Owen goal against City. Imagine they just stood and pointed at their heads. Give me Martinez vs Arsenal any day of the week.
Some of you will never be happy. You’re pissed off because he scores goals but isn’t performative enough afterwards for you.

So many more things to piss you off about this team currently.

SoCross

Because he rather point there than his other head. Horny football brothers!

Someone

Something
Some of you will never be happy. You’re pissed off because he scores goals but isn’t performative enough afterwards for you.

So many more things to piss you off about this team currently.
Passion is important in football. I'm really happy with his performance this season, but it's ok to be annoyed with this part. Some goal celebrations over the years are imprinted in my memory and mean a lot. As I mentioned something like Alan Smith scoring against Roma after a long injury, the cheer passion of it and the commentator shouting " the forgotten man is back!". Maybe I'm getting old but scoring a great goal and just standing still with no emotions pointing at your head is just annoying.

Salford_Red83

I don't think it's that hard to get -

He obviously needed to knuckle down and focus and I think he realised that after ETH dropped him for being late.

Now he's reaping the rewards of hard work and focus. Pointing to his head is purely a way to symbolise that.

That's what I think anyway.

phelans shorts

Passion is important in football. I'm really happy with his performance this season, but it's ok to be annoyed with this part. Some goal celebrations over the years are imprinted in my memory and mean a lot. As I mentioned something like Alan Smith scoring against Roma after a long injury, the cheer passion of it and the commentator shouting " the forgotten man is back!". Maybe I'm getting old but scoring a great goal and just standing still with no emotions pointing at your head is just annoying.
Controlling your emotions is important in football. There’s more than one way to skin a cat (or a full back in this case)

red_de_pologne

before he did it the first time he almost did the mbappe celebration :lol: then the next goal he comes up with his 'signature' celebration.

looks a bit try hard to me, but I hope he does it every game.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
You’re taking it way too seriously.

Saka seems a great dude. I can’t imagine hating him because he pointed at his own head.
It's football, we all take it way too seriously. He's an arsenal player mocking Rashford, so like I said feck him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he did it to show he's mentally stronger, but now it's superstition that he keeps scoring while doing it, so why stop?

It's class and the kids love it, the pros are copying it. Every top player has a famous celebration and from a PR/Sponsor view it's golddust.

BerryBerryShrew

It's a bit weird that the guy is presumably getting microphones shoved in his face constantly, yet no interviewer has bothered to ask him yet.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's a bit weird that the guy is presumably getting microphones shoved in his face constantly, yet no interviewer has bothered to ask him yet.
I know it's "The Sun" but it seems they finally did ask him? It's apparently about being in a better/clearer headspace. Thinking clearly and having overcome the psychological difficulties he struggled with last season:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21129876/why-marcus-rashford-point-head-celebration-man-utd-saka/

We need an rvn

I know it's "The Sun" but it seems they finally did ask him? It's apparently about being in a better/clearer headspace. Thinking clearly and having overcome the psychological difficulties he struggled with last season:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21129876/why-marcus-rashford-point-head-celebration-man-utd-saka/
Afraid not. those quotes were from a post match interview a few weeks back I watched and (I forget who asked and what match) they just asked what the difference was between this year and last and his performance etc and he talked about all sorts. The question was never about the celebration and the sun have just put two and two together for an article .

although I think most can put two and two together as he did mention being in a different head space than last year where he was distracted

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Afraid not. those quotes were from a post match interview a few weeks back I watched and (I forget who asked and what match) they just asked what the difference was between this year and last and his performance etc and he talked about all sorts. The question was never about the celebration and the sun have just put two and two together for an article .

although I think most can put two and two together as he did mention being in a different head space than last year where he was distracted
Aargh, thanks for clearing that up, bud. I thought so. It makes sense - jumping to those conclusions but also that he still hasn't been asked directly.

Glorio

He does show emotion before and after he does it though. I see no issue at all. Did folks have an issue with Cavani's arrow?