Why does Rashford keep pointing at his head™?

The more obvious connection would be they've been mates since striking a deadly partnership for Dortmund
Forgot about that! A Dortmund player did it the other night too i think.

Redlyn

Sorry nevez, it's rashford's celebration now. He's made it mainstream by doing it regularly and scoring evey week at a popular club. And anyone doing it now it's because they saw rashford do it. Not that it matters either way. But it's literally "copied rashford".

mshnsh

The celebration is to say that there is a brain in there afterall. Ten Hag made him realise that.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Aw sorry try not to get too upset
I wasn’t upset. I just asked a question. A pretty valid question. Responses like “Don’t get Too upset “ to a message that wasn’t in any way upset, shows I probably wasted my time replying to you. The youth of today always have the same type of response when they have no real answer.

lsd

The Oracle
What will we do if he stops pointing at his head when he scores?

I don't think I could cope

ForeverRed1

It’s him saying keep calm, stay humble, focused and keep going.

there was a point in time where he was doing too much outside of football, lost abit of his hunger and humility.. he wasn’t happy and it showed.

He hasn’t really achieved anything in the game yet in terms of top top trophies.. if he wants to do that he has to stay focused and keep his eye on the prize. To me this celebration is him telling himself this. Stop, keep cool, keep going, you’ve not done anything yet.

If Marcus can stay cool, calm, collected and remain focused.. we got a world beater on our hands. This celebration reminds him of this.

Rolaholic

I remember when celebrations were spontaneous and fun!
Trademark celebrations have been a thing for generations now so unless you skipped out on the last 25-30 years of football, it shouldn't be big deal seeing players having routines :lol:

elisha27

You’d have never seen Giggs and Sharpe doing this kind of thing.
Funnily enough, Giggs actually spent his most prolific season in 93/94 by celebrating goals with an even more subdued celebration – a slow stoney-faced walk, head down, lone finger in the air. It wasn't until May of that season that he finally gave up the ruse.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Every once in a while you’d get something like Fowler sniffing the line, though!
And was then banned for it ! dinosaur FA would probably ban Rashford too

Stig

Spot on . You have to question folks sanity when they are annoyed at a goal celebration. In fact folk are just constantly wanting to be offend by something these days. Next we will hear , that Casemiro and his stupid smiling after he scores.

Yes, but that is just ridiculous. Smiling. I should think not !

Fluctuation0161

I don't think it's that hard to get -

He obviously needed to knuckle down and focus and I think he realised that after ETH dropped him for being late.

Now he's reaping the rewards of hard work and focus. Pointing to his head is purely a way to symbolise that.

That's what I think anyway.
I agree.

Big_Bro

He's telling Mr Van gaal my brain has finally been trained.