why does united make everyone miserable

sugar_kane

And what's more, it doesn't bode well for our Carabao Cup game, because misery loves Kompany.
Very good.

Our club makes players miserable because for years we have had no plan on the field or off the field and have been dishing out stupid contracts to players who didn't deserve it or didn't fit the (non-existent) plan. That type of environment is a crap one to be no matter the industry.

The equivalent would be an office where the 20 year old assistant with no experience who never turns up is on more money than the office manager, who is trying to run a team comprised of people who haven't the desired experience for their roles, or in some cases an actual desire to do the job they've been hired in. The owners meanwhile have never done any work or set foot in the office and have put in place a CEO who knows nothing about the industry and keeps shoveling more workers into the office who aren't fit for purpose or who only joined because they were offered stupid money. A quarter of the staff are never even given work because they office manager doesn't like them or didn't want them in the first place. Meanwhile the customers are regularly getting in touch with the workers to tell them how fecking shit they are.

That would be a fecking miserable place to work, and that was Manchester United Ed Woodward.

Boondog

I don't think the squad is miserable this season. Obviously Ronaldo was but there was no helping that one. Maguire was but he earned the misery of the bench and how difficult it's going to be to get playing time ahead of two better CBs. Sancho probably is right now but that's probably because he's being squeezed out by a better and younger player in Garnacho.

But beyond them this squad seems very happy this season. They seem fully bought in to ten Hag and they are improving as we go. Team is sitting just outside that top four and that's in spite of a shitty start as the team found its footing in a new play style.

So as a fan I'm ecstatic right now. I feel really good about this team and it's been a while since I could say that. Only time I feel miserable now is when I make the mistake of visiting the ownership or Sancho threads here in the main forum.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
In the past few years we had a deskilling process throughout the entire football managerial spine of the team. Our CEO had never managed a football club before, our DOF has no experience as DOF, our technical director was a U16 coach few months before taking the job, Ole had tanked at Cardiff and yet somehow we expected him to succeed at United, our assistant coaches were inexperienced as well etc. This, in my opinion, lead to many mistakes being made that could have been avoided. The club had overspent and overpaid for players who lack the attitude and quite frankly the talent to succeed at United while young players were thrown in the limelight before reaching the level of maturity needed to handle being a top player at United. Hopefully new owners would lead to a change in all that and tbh we've got a good manager who is known to build competitive sides from scratch. Yet expect many players to leave kicking and screaming as they won't be gaining any where near to the salary they have at United

rk4utd

The club has been way over the top to still continue to brand and market itself as the ‘world’s greatest’ despite clearly being far from it for the past 10 years. Until the leeches go and we see some genuine progress at board level addressing all the off pitch issues, whilst backing the current manager, we will continue to be frustrated and by implication, miserable.

Most of the football we have endured this past decade has been tumescent and we were used to seeing the best. The management has been toxic at times and the ownership model beyond disgraceful.

For most supporters with United in their heart are we supposed to be happy with this?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Everything about the club was wrong for the better part of 10 years. Add to that the popularity of the club and the emergence of social media, you get a situation where large amounts of negative news and jokes are circulating all the time. Hopefully with our current manager, and new owners, we can break this cycle.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
People can blame individual players all they like, but while the owners have no intention of making the club best in class and spend reactively rather than proactively we will forever be in this mess. ETH is the best thing to happen to this club since the signing of Ronaldo (03), Eric or Sir Alex himself, and the owners selling up at the same time could be the most sensational piece of timing.