Why don’t Madrid or Barca ever try & sign City players?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
For some unknown reason Silva and Aguero seem to genuinely like the club. I couldn’t see them moving even if they were targeted.

The Last Jedaiiii

That’s was terrible by everyone at the club, I remember when Juve lost Zidane, they instantly went out and replaced him with Pavel fecking Nedved who was actually better for Juventus than the former. That’s what you do when you lose a top player :(
You go back to that Summer, see what we did (breaking the British transfer record twice with Ruud and Seba)- ok, we didn't win anything that season and were dumb in selling Stam, but those were the years when we behaved like a big club..Following Summers we signed :
2002: Rio Ferdinand
2003: CR7, Kleberson (would have signed Ronaldinho if am not mistaken).
2004: Rooney
2005: Park and Edwin
That summer was when the foundations for the 2008 success were laid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can't sign players from city(or psg) that they don't want to sell

City have been really good at keeping their players happy and not letting them run their contracts down unless they were fine with losing them

Irrational.

I have often wondered the same thing. Aguero for example is never linked away with a move, even when he was out of favour when Pep first arrived.

There's definitely something more, probably massively inflated contracts with ridiculous bonuses. There's no other reason why players seem to have this unbound loyalty to City. Very rarely do you see a City player ask to leave, or make advances towards other clubs. I'm guessing they're being paid more than the players at Chinese clubs too.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wonder what that reason is :lol:

“Unknown”... no my friend, “it is known” $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yeah but PSG, Madrid, Barca, they all have money but they’ve never been able to prise them away. It’s not as if they’re on massive salaries either, aren’t they both on something like 200k?

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Can't sign players from city(or psg) that they don't want to sell

City have been really good at keeping their players happy and not letting them run their contracts down unless they were fine with losing them
I dont think any of the Premier League clubs that sold players to both clubs besides maybe Tottenham wanted to sell, the players head was turned & a good offer came in

Im sure if you ask United, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool they would tell you they would of rather had these players stay then not

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I dont think any of the Premier League clubs that sold players to both clubs besides maybe Tottenham wanted to sell, the players head was turned & a good offer came in

Im sure if you ask United, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool they would tell you they would of rather had these players stay then not
Difference is city's players are unwilling to force the issue. We tried for Aguero and Silva and both times we couldn't even open talks. As i said, city are really good at keeping their players happy

It’s not as if they’re on massive salaries either, aren’t they both on something like 200k?
:lol:

Gullible isn’t the word @2 man midfield They certainly get a double salary just as Mancini did, they are two of the top earners in football through dodgy Etihad advert & sponsorship deals & Adu Dhabi ambassadorial roles etc. You can be certain the same is true for KDB.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Cause it’s not true. He was a very decent winger, World Class he absolutely was not, not close.
Valencia never had a whole season of consistent WC performances, but he went on long periods of form where he was unplayable, what I mean by that is that doesn’t matter who he was up against, one on one with some space for him to run to, he was getting the better of every single full back on the planet.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Difference is city's players are unwilling to force the issue. We tried for Aguero and Silva and both times we couldn't even open talks. As i said, city are really good at keeping their players happy
It actually makes sense that a very successful club can keep their players happy more easily. Also, even if Aguero and Silva are very good players, they are not the Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe etc kind, so it doesn't make so much sense for buying clubs to make a really big move for them.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
The thing is that the owners of PSG is basically Qatar. Extremly rich. I think one of the few places were you still have slaves is in the middle east including Qatar. People from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Afghanistan work extremly hard for little money. They are taken advantage at and most cases their passwords are held back, so they can't move freely. The arabs feel themselves suppirior to them and do not threat them equal.

When a player wants to leave United, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. No matter how important the player is the clubs gives in ind the end. Because we are dealing with real people and if they want to move on, you cannot hold them back. You try to struck as good a deal as possible.

PSG on the other hand won't let their player go, no matter what. Even if the player clearly state they want to leave. They feel a sense of ownership of them. They look at them like labor like the poor workers in Qatar whom they threat like they want.

We saw this with Verratti who was wanted by Barcelona and the player wanted to leave. Nothing happened. He was told he will not be allowed to leave. Instead PSG went for Neymar and bought him to show Barcelona to not feck with PSG.

Rabiot is another case. He played hardball. They let his contract run out, sent him to second team, but did not let any club buy him.

Mbappe also want to leave and is linked with Real Madrid, but he will not be allowed to leave.

So the answer to your question is that it's pointless going after PSG big players. They wont sell. They don't need the money and It does not matte what the player want.

So that's the answer to your question. Idk City that well, but might be similar to FC Qatar aka PSG.

Real Madrid thought made deals with City. City bought the useless Danilo and RM bought Brahim Diaz recently.

stevoc

So basically Citys owners are paying for Madrids stadium revamp.
Yes well they were but the deal feel through a few months ago. But it was agreed as far back as 2014 so it would go towards possibly explaining why Real haven't pursued any City players in the last few years.

shiranaiotoko

Because City is better team with better manager and better money. It's football's endgame in any aspect, except no-one cares about the badge :D Maybe next generation will, but I hope that they fall apart someday, because legal reasons or something.

FootyCrew

Real Madrid wanted so badly to win Champions League, and i think they tried to go for Aguero.

IMO I wouldn't take Aguero if my team was focused to win the Champions League.Great player, but he rarely delivers when it matters at the CL.Aguero is like Higuain, amazing scorer and player for leagues, but not for difficult situations in CL.
So that's why, and overall Benzema is a great player too, pretty skilled on the ball and high IQ for passing and assists.
He even delivered at CL playing for Lyon, which isn't even a top side in Europe.

Last edited:

iHicksy

I'm convinced City players are being paid huge sums of money, their actual reported wages are lies.
Since the leaked documents came out showing that Mancini was being paid a second "consultancy wage" I think this is likely true. It probably is a combination of things. I'd imagine that there's something going on behind the scenes between City and Madrid.

City don't try and poach any Madrid players and Madrid/Barca have never even been so much as linked with bids for the likes of Silva, Aguero, De Bryune, Kompany, Sterling etc.

It's very likely that they either have some agreement in place not to tap up each others players or City have made it known that if you come after one of our players we'll meet the buy out clause of some of your best players. But you cannot discount the fact that something is going on. Aguero made his name in Spain and plays alongside Messi for Argentina, Silva has been one of the best players in the prem since forever and is of course Spanish. Yet these guys are never linked with a move back to Spain. Madrid are constantly linked with the likes of Hazard, Pogba, De Gea, Salah, Mane, Kane, Eriksson.

It's certainly suspicious.

DevilAgeIdiot

This thread is hilarious, get the tin foil hats out lads

Really? Why is it hilarious? It's pretty obvious to all sane people, that a shitty little club like City could neither attract nor keep world class footballers without huge payments of the unofficial blood money.
You really think David Silva and Aguero dreamed of playing for a waste of time, loser club like little City before the horrific regime who slaughter innocent Yemeni children and are slave owners and systemic human rights abusers, took over.

We already know that Mancini was getting double pay. And you weaponised UAE supporters think the footballers stay for the love of the little club :)
You lot need to grow the feck up and stop cheerleading the disgusting Arab Emirates blood money project.

Last edited:

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
because they are under new contracts. they would love to sign bernardo silva, de Bruyne, gündoğan, sané. in fact they would love to buy the whole city midfield and attack, but they are all under new contracts.

Last edited:

Sp00ks11

They are scared of the retaliation.

Barcelona went in for Veratti and ended up having Neymar taken from them. You knock PSG out of the CL and they come for your players. City I think must pay their players a tonne of undisclosed wages/bonuses. However they are currently playing beautiful football, under a great manager and winning loads in the most competitive league in the world, why leave?

Dr. StrangeHate

Nothing to see here.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...bu-dhabi-money-second-contract-sheikh-mansour
Yup, nothing to see here, either.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...stigator-confirms-manchester-city-could-face/
City are the best team in the world at the moment. You don't need to be defensive about their breaking of rules in this regard. No one is going to take this away from City, no matter what they do and how they do it.

Bestietom

I have often wondered the same thing. Aguero for example is never linked away with a move, even when he was out of favour when Pep first arrived.

There's definitely something more, probably massively inflated contracts with ridiculous bonuses. There's no other reason why players seem to have this unbound loyalty to City. Very rarely do you see a City player ask to leave, or make advances towards other clubs. I'm guessing they're being paid more than the players at Chinese clubs too.
Whatever it is, the players are loyal to the club, and still hungry for success. We have a huge job getting back to that level, if ever.

We’ve got actual evidence man with Mancini, “tin foil hats” indeed.

Aguero stayed at City even during the “meh” years cause he just fecking loves Manchester. :lol: There’s only one of us here that is in complete denial, strange really, you know you are where you are because of money money money and completely cheating FFP yet you’re in complete denial about why your best players have always wanted to stay.

Right now though, I’d get it, City play superb football, have an amazing manager, pay ridiculous wages and win shit.

pacifictheme

We have all seen over the years as soon as a Premier League players reaches the world class or near world class level the big 2 in Spain start sniffing around i.e RVN, Beckham, Suarez, Ronaldo, Hazard, Bale etc.

City have been brilliant for 5 or 6 years now on the field, and have pretty much tried to steal Barcelonas philosophy in terms of playing style, manager & sporting director and never once have we seen Barca attempt to sign one of Citys players from them. Even though the likes of Silva, De Bruyne, Bernardo etc would of slotted right into their playing style. Kompany also

Real on the other hand have lacked a world class number 9 for nearly a decade now with Benzema being so hot & cold and we have pretty much seen them get every target they have properly pursued in the last decade and beyond, especially from the Premier League. Yet never once have they properly been linked with any City players.

I once heard a rumour that because of the Etihad & Emirates links there was a gentlemans agreement between the two clubs to never pursue one of Citys players. All I can think of down the years is Adebayors loan deal & City signing Robinho.

Why is this? Im referring to proper attempts to sign players also not Daily Star links of Sterling to Madrid
Benzema is the 6th highest goalscorer of all time for madrid with a better goals to games ratio than raul (marginally). He also played second fiddle to ronaldo for almost all of it.

Wheato

Well, on top of their astronomical wages, City treat their players like God's. They have these little imps that ferry them everywhere, getting them into places, making sure that they don't have to talk to peasants. And the fans play up to the worship role as well. They would sell their family car just to stand in the tunnel club and reach through the bars in desperation for a touch of Kyle Walker's shin pad. Imagine the lack of self respect you'd need to have to encourage your entire family to grovel at the knees of human beings who are good a kicking a ball around.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Really? Why is it hilarious? It's pretty obvious to all sane people, that a shitty little club like City could neither attract nor keep world class footballers without huge payments of the unofficial blood money.
You really think David Silva and Aguero dreamed of playing for a waste of time, loser club like little City before the horrific regime who slaughter innocent Yemeni children and are slave owners and systemic human rights abusers, took over.

We already know that Mancini was getting double pay. And you weaponised UAE supporters think the footballers stay for the love of the little club :)
You lot need to grow the feck up and stop cheerleading the disgusting Arab Emirates blood money project.
Here we go again.
Personally I think that you’re the one who needs to grow up mate.

Red For Ever

I'm convinced City players are being paid huge sums of money, their actual reported wages are lies.

Maybe, but they have a manager that has them playing good football, enjoyable to watch, and the squad will be much happier than United's right now.

Josep Dowling

The thing is that the owners of PSG is basically Qatar. Extremly rich. I think one of the few places were you still have slaves is in the middle east including Qatar. People from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Afghanistan work extremly hard for little money. They are taken advantage at and most cases their passwords are held back, so they can't move freely. The arabs feel themselves suppirior to them and do not threat them equal.

When a player wants to leave United, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. No matter how important the player is the clubs gives in ind the end. Because we are dealing with real people and if they want to move on, you cannot hold them back. You try to struck as good a deal as possible.

PSG on the other hand won't let their player go, no matter what. Even if the player clearly state they want to leave. They feel a sense of ownership of them. They look at them like labor like the poor workers in Qatar whom they threat like they want.

We saw this with Verratti who was wanted by Barcelona and the player wanted to leave. Nothing happened. He was told he will not be allowed to leave. Instead PSG went for Neymar and bought him to show Barcelona to not feck with PSG.

Rabiot is another case. He played hardball. They let his contract run out, sent him to second team, but did not let any club buy him.

Mbappe also want to leave and is linked with Real Madrid, but he will not be allowed to leave.

So the answer to your question is that it's pointless going after PSG big players. They wont sell. They don't need the money and It does not matte what the player want.

So that's the answer to your question. Idk City that well, but might be similar to FC Qatar aka PSG.

Real Madrid thought made deals with City. City bought the useless Danilo and RM bought Brahim Diaz recently.
This is a very valid point. I think this may backfire on PSG in the long term though as big players will realise they can’t move on if things don’t go so well.

redIndianDevil

It's simple. Players at City don't want to leave, they are paid huge sums of money, they are capable of competing for all titles, they actually improve themselves because they have a good coach. Plus they are good at contract negotiations and also ensure that they pay their players what they are worth and don't let the wage structure break. Simply they know how to run a business and this is known to Barca and Madrid too.

DevilAgeIdiot

It's simple. Players at City don't want to leave, they are paid huge sums of money, they are capable of competing for all titles, they actually improve themselves because they have a good coach. Plus they are good at contract negotiations and also ensure that they pay their players what they are worth and don't let the wage structure break. Simply they know how to run a business and this is known to Barca and Madrid too.
Nonsense.
The whole project is dodgy as feck.
You really think David Silva or KDBruyne wouldn't rather play for the likes of Barcelona.

Mancini was paid two wages. You really think the players are on the official wages and please don't listen to human rights abusers and mass murderer's PR bullshit about wage steucture?
Get a grip fella.

DevilAgeIdiot

Here we go again.
Personally I think that you’re the one who needs to grow up mate.
You don't like the truth I see.
You've been totally weaponised by your Arab Emirate masters, mass murderers of innocent Yemeni children and systemic sexual abusers of migrant women who are buying our trophies, using your club's once good name.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited: