Why don’t Madrid or Barca ever try & sign City players?

SER19

City can just offer the players bottomless wells of money off the books.

TsuWave

City are currently a successful club with a bottomless pit of money. Their players are on good wages, they play good football and win trophies.

Due to these reasons there’s less motivation for players to want to leave and potential suitors know they won’t get their players without having to break transfer records.

oggy boy

City are currently a successful club with a bottomless pit of money. Their players are on good wages, they play good football and win trophies.

Due to these reasons there’s less motivation for players to want to leave and potential suitors know they won’t get their players without having to break transfer records.
This. Good manager + trophies + money - weather => 3:1 reasons to stay.

Toad

It’s easier to sign a good player from a shit squad rather than a squad that is full of worldies.

United Junkie

Real Madrid wanted so badly to win Champions League, and i think they tried to go for Aguero.

IMO I wouldn't take Aguero if my team was focused to win the Champions League.Great player, but he rarely delivers when it matters at the CL.Aguero is like Higuain, amazing scorer and player for leagues, but not for difficult situations in CL.
So that's why, and overall Benzema is a great player too, pretty skilled on the ball and high IQ for passing and assists.
He even delivered at CL playing for Lyon, which isn't even a top side in Europe.
Benzema is world class. Always liked him. They did good holding on to him. The unselfish sacrificies he did to ensure Ronaldo was scoring dozens and linking up with the midfield. I understand why SAF wanted him badly.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They probably have enquired, City have just never had any top players ask to leave, other than Tevez. They've been very fortunate in that.

Nothing to do with money, we pay almost identical wages to City. In fact, I think our wage bill is higher.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
City players are constantly competing for trophies while paid top wages. The aura of playing for a historic club is becoming a myth.

redIndianDevil

Nonsense.
The whole project is dodgy as feck.
You really think David Silva or KDBruyne wouldn't rather play for the likes of Barcelona.

Mancini was paid two wages. You really think the players are on the official wages and please don't listen to human rights abusers and mass murderer's PR bullshit about wage steucture?
Get a grip fella.
The players don't give a feck if it's dodgy or not, the only reason players want to play for Real Madrid/Barcelona is because they pay more money and compete for titles, the likes of De Bruyne and David Silva get both of these at City, why would they want to change that?

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
City players are constantly competing for trophies while paid top wages. The aura of playing for a historic club is becoming a myth.
Yup. Look at de Ligt? Even de Jong went to Barcelona as a top earner apperently top 5, Dembele is getting paid 200K. Hazard dreamed of playing for RM and Zidane and he's now there highest earner .

First money talks, after that it's if the club is ambitious and trying to win trophies, then history will play a part.

adz_87

Supports
Man City
You don't like the truth I see.
You've been totally weaponised by your Arab Emirate masters, mass murderers of innocent Yemeni children and systemic sexual abusers of migrant women who are buying our trophies, using your club's once good name.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Your posts are embarassing and I just can't keep watching you bang on about the human rights and the murdering of yemi children etc. It's too far. Saying he should be ashamed of himself for supporting a football club is absolutely ludicrous. I'll happily discuss the human rights with you as unlike yourself, I'm very educated on this subject which is probably why I'm so annoyed at your post because 99% of what you say is complete tripe and holds very little truth.

City are better than us, grow up and stop throwing your toys out the pram and calling people out for supporting a football team. If we got bought out tomorrow by Arab owners would you stop supporting utd?! I'd fully expect you on here to be calling out every supporter for not boycotting the club but I seriously doubt that would happen. Before you carry on talking anymore nonsense, pick up a book (not the daily mail) educate yourself then put forward a decent argument that can actually be taken seriously because right now you just sound bitter and stupid.

DevilAgeIdiot

Your posts are embarassing and I just can't keep watching you bang on about the human rights and the murdering of yemi children etc. It's too far. Saying he should be ashamed of himself for supporting a football club is absolutely ludicrous. I'll happily discuss the human rights with you as unlike yourself, I'm very educated on this subject which is probably why I'm so annoyed at your post because 99% of what you say is complete tripe and holds very little truth.

City are better than us, grow up and stop throwing your toys out the pram and calling people out for supporting a football team. If we got bought out tomorrow by Arab owners would you stop supporting utd?! I'd fully expect you on here to be calling out every supporter for not boycotting the club but I seriously doubt that would happen. Before you carry on talking anymore nonsense, pick up a book (not the daily mail) educate yourself then put forward a decent argument that can actually be taken seriously because right now you just sound bitter and stupid.
Ha ha! Don't be such a selfrighteous hysteric.
Regarding the human rights abusers who own City you are absolutely clueless.
The UAE human rights abuses are very real indeed trust me, and their murder of innocents in Yemen is very much real too. Anyway you don't have to believe me if you don't want to. Check out Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International .

I have a politics degree my friend, studied in Goldsmiths college and have worked for Amnesty. I think I am a lot more educated on the subject than you my UAE City arse-licking friend will ever be.
Edit. In fact I see you are a newbie, most likely a fake account UAE City troll.

And yes if Saudi Arabia or the disgusting UAE or Qatar ever buys United I will certainly be calling for a boycott.

Last edited:

ExecutionerWasp001

They probably have enquired, City have just never had any top players ask to leave, other than Tevez. They've been very fortunate in that.

Nothing to do with money, we pay almost identical wages to City. In fact, I think our wage bill is higher.
Our reported wage bill may be higher. When you take into account the bonuses, & off the books payments City make then theirs will be vastly higher.

You only have to look at the recent Sterling & KDB deals. They could have earned much more if they'd gone to Barca or Real. Would also have been playing for bigger clubs in a better climate. Real are paying Bale 600K a week. We are supposed to believe that Sterling & KDB are staying at City for £300K.

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Real, Milan, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern are the Top 5 Clubs with a great History in european football. Three of them (Real, Barca and Bayern) are still in the UEFA club ranking up front(*). Maybe youngsters don´t care about history? Of cource, you have to stay competitive, but given that, i would always prefer to play for a team with a proud history of success instead of some "new projekt". Looking at the transfers between those big clubs, Lizarazu once said, it doesn´t matter that much in which of these clubs you are, because they all can compete on the highest level. But is the competitive ability the only reason for a club? I would always prefer competitive ability AND a great history. But to admit: The competitive ability is probably the main reason for a club. Otherwise clubs like PSG and ManCity would not get these AAA players.

(*) https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/klubrangliste

DevilAgeIdiot

As I said I think I know more than a little more than you on politics and international affairs and definitely know a hell of a lot more about the UAE's war on innocents in Yemen and their domestic human rights abuses.
Saudi-UAE coalition admits Yemen school bus attack 'unjustified'
Sep 1, 2018 - Saudi-UAE coalition admits Yemenschool bus attack ' unjustified' ... the actual wording ... they are not saying that there was a problem with killing ...
www.aljazeera.com
UAE belong on the UN 'list of shame'
1 day ago - ... pressure not to hold accountable the two countries for victimising Yemeni children. ... the UN attributed to the coalition in 2017 the killing of 370 children, ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2n3LRWl5n5eDYcPPZH-P5T&cshid=1560156265022
The United Arab Emirates’ intolerance of criticism continued in 2017 with the detention of prominent Emirati rights defender Ahmed Mansoor for exercising his right to free expression. The government arbitrarily detains and forcibly disappears individuals who criticize authorities.

The UAE continued to play a leading role in the coalition, which has conducted scores of unlawful attacks in Yemen. The UAE was implicated in detainee abuse at home and abroad.

The UAE led blockades in Yemeni have led to the deaths of many hundreds more innocents including children in hospital who were denied medication and food because of the UAE military aggression and particularly the cruel blockade.

UAE systemic female migrant worker abuses.
The UAE’s labor law excludes domestic workers, who face a range of abuses, from unpaid wages, confinement to the house, workdays up to 21 hours with no breaks, to physical or sexual assault by employers, from its protections. Domestic workers face legal and practical obstacles to redress.
Btw some of the acts of systemic organised violent sexual abuse of female migrants from south east Asia are too bloody to go into here.
But I hope you can see the error of your ways when you state that truthful claims of human rights abuses and slaughter of Yemeni innocents is 'embarrassing and tripe'.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We have all seen over the years as soon as a Premier League players reaches the world class or near world class level the big 2 in Spain start sniffing around i.e RVN, Beckham, Suarez, Ronaldo, Hazard, Bale etc.

City have been brilliant for 5 or 6 years now on the field, and have pretty much tried to steal Barcelonas philosophy in terms of playing style, manager & sporting director and never once have we seen Barca attempt to sign one of Citys players from them. Even though the likes of Silva, De Bruyne, Bernardo etc would of slotted right into their playing style. Kompany also

Real on the other hand have lacked a world class number 9 for nearly a decade now with Benzema being so hot & cold and we have pretty much seen them get every target they have properly pursued in the last decade and beyond, especially from the Premier League. Yet never once have they properly been linked with any City players.

I once heard a rumour that because of the Etihad & Emirates links there was a gentlemans agreement between the two clubs to never pursue one of Citys players. All I can think of down the years is Adebayors loan deal & City signing Robinho.

Why is this? Im referring to proper attempts to sign players also not Daily Star links of Sterling to Madrid
You need to look at the players City have had down the years and whether they fit what Real or Barca look for in a player...

Kompany - neither club are known for prioritising bringing in big money CB's from another league
Toure - left Barca for City so that ruled them out for a move for him, he's not really a Galactico either
David Silva - this is the most obvious Real/Barca signing imo however for a long period of time Barca had Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas so no real room for him there. Real had Alonso followed by Modric, Kroos and Isco so no real room for him there either
Aguero - For years I thought he'd be a player Real would look at but I believe his injury record is what deterred other clubs away from him. He never performed at Internation level either. Always behind the likes of Messi and Higuain for Argentina
De Bruyne - he's had some pretty huge injury hit seasons and it could be argued has only ever had one top injury free season (17/18). I have no doubt he'd of been one both Barca and Madrid would have looked at had he played more consistently
Sterling - English and only really started to show top tier ability over the last two seasons and is now tied to the club for the long term
Sane - has Bayern written all over him if he were to move
Bernardo Silva - he'll be an interesting one to keep an eye on as he does have the look of a Real or Barca player. Looks to be without an ego though so maybe unlikely to ever push for a move especially while City are dominating

So basically my point is City have done well to buy players that wont be all that attractive to the 2 big Spanish sides. I think Liverpool have done with their recent signings as well because again I dont really see either Real or Barca going all out for a Mane or Salah, they're much more likely to be attracted to a Coutinho as history shows

Skills

Snitch
A lion doesn't generally try to prey on other lions. You can get hurt in the process.

DevilAgeIdiot

You need to look at the players City have had down the years and whether they fit what Real or Barca look for in a player...

Kompany - neither club are known for prioritising bringing in big money CB's from another league
Toure - left Barca for City so that ruled them out for a move for him, he's not really a Galactico either
David Silva - this is the most obvious Real/Barca signing imo however for a long period of time Barca had Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas so no real room for him there. Real had Alonso followed by Modric, Kroos and Isco so no real room for him there either
Aguero - For years I thought he'd be a player Real would look at but I believe his injury record is what deterred other clubs away from him. He never performed at Internation level either. Always behind the likes of Messi and Higuain for Argentina
De Bruyne - he's had some pretty huge injury hit seasons and it could be argued has only ever had one top injury free season (17/18). I have no doubt he'd of been one both Barca and Madrid would have looked at had he played more consistently
Sterling - English and only really started to show top tier ability over the last two seasons and is now tied to the club for the long term
Sane - has Bayern written all over him if he were to move
Bernardo Silva - he'll be an interesting one to keep an eye on as he does have the look of a Real or Barca player. Looks to be without an ego though so maybe unlikely to ever push for a move especially while City are dominating

So basically my point is City have done well to buy players that wont be all that attractive to the 2 big Spanish sides. I think Liverpool have done with their recent signings as well because again I dont really see either Real or Barca going all out for a Mane or Salah, they're much more likely to be attracted to a Coutinho as history shows
Daft post. All of the guys on your list would easily slot into Barca's or Real's systems.

It's obvious to anyone a bit more experienced than young fan boys that there's more to it than meets the eye. We all know Mancini was on multiple payments. We all know the books are cooked, we all know about the cheating of our fair play rules and the made up sponsorships.
You really think such unscrupulous owners will balk at player's multiple payments.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Daft post. All of the guys on your list would easily slot into Barca's or Real's systems.

It's obvious to anyone a bit more experienced than young fan boys that there's more to it than meets the eye. We all know Mancini was on multiple payments. We all know the books are cooked, we all know about the cheating of our fair play rules.
You really think such unscrupulous owners will balk at player's multiple payments.
:lol:

Daft post yet you proceed to type nonsense with your tin foil hat attached

DevilAgeIdiot

You've got a strange understanding of the word 'nonsense'.
Everything I posted is the simple reality of the UAE's City racket.
"We all know Mancini was on multiple payments. We all know the books are cooked, we all know about the cheating of our fair play rules."
The simple truth of the UAE project my friend. Any other truths you care to deny?
The slaughter of Yemeni children and their systemic abuses of migrant female workers, imprisonment torture and disappearance of pro democracy and human rights advocates, perhaps ?

Last edited:

SiRed

As I said I think I know more than a little more than you on politics and international affairs and definitely know a hell of a lot more about the UAE's war on innocents in Yemen and their domestic human rights abuses.
Saudi-UAE coalition admits Yemen school bus attack 'unjustified'
Sep 1, 2018 - Saudi-UAE coalition admits Yemenschool bus attack ' unjustified' ... the actual wording ... they are not saying that there was a problem with killing ...
www.aljazeera.com
UAE belong on the UN 'list of shame'
1 day ago - ... pressure not to hold accountable the two countries for victimising Yemeni children. ... the UN attributed to the coalition in 2017 the killing of 370 children, ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2n3LRWl5n5eDYcPPZH-P5T&cshid=1560156265022
The United Arab Emirates’ intolerance of criticism continued in 2017 with the detention of prominent Emirati rights defender Ahmed Mansoor for exercising his right to free expression. The government arbitrarily detains and forcibly disappears individuals who criticize authorities.

The UAE continued to play a leading role in the coalition, which has conducted scores of unlawful attacks in Yemen. The UAE was implicated in detainee abuse at home and abroad.

The UAE led blockades in Yemeni have led to the deaths of many hundreds more innocents including children in hospital who were denied medication and food because of the UAE military aggression and particularly the cruel blockade.

UAE systemic female migrant worker abuses.
The UAE’s labor law excludes domestic workers, who face a range of abuses, from unpaid wages, confinement to the house, workdays up to 21 hours with no breaks, to physical or sexual assault by employers, from its protections. Domestic workers face legal and practical obstacles to redress.
Btw some of the acts of systemic organised violent sexual abuse of female migrants from south east Asia are too bloody to go into here.
But I hope you can see the error of your ways when you state that truthful claims of human rights abuses and slaughter of Yemeni innocents is 'embarrassing and tripe'.
Copy and paste does not prove you have more knowledge!

DevilAgeIdiot

Copy and paste does not prove you have more knowledge!
No it certainly does not.
As I said to Adz, please don't just take my knowledge of the brutal truth of the UAE regime. Research for yourself. Above links could be a start.
Check out human rights watch,,Amnesty International and research the UAE and Saudi led military aggression in Yemen.

Last edited:

iHicksy

You can't really call what he's saying Tin Foil can you? There's actual physical proof that would stand up in a court of law that Mancini was paid two wages. Therefore, it's hardly some crazy notion to suggest that the rest of the playing staff are. Man City are being investigated for breaking Fair play rules in regards to financial doping precisely because there's leaked documents showing this to be the case. It's not like he's saying herp derp I saw a UFO yesterday.

SiRed

No it certainly does not.
As I said to Adz, please don't just take my knowledge of the brutal truth of the UAE regime. Research for yourself. Above links could be a star.
Check out human rights watch,,Amnesty International and research the UAE and Daudi led military aggression in Yemen.
Its all propaganda. You will only been shown/told what they want you to see or hear.
Personally i dont believe in Dinosaurs for this very reason.

DevilAgeIdiot

Its all propaganda. You will only been shown/told what they want you to see or hear.
Personally i dont believe in Dinosaurs for this very reason.
All very well, you can choose to deny reality but make no mistake, the UAE's human rights abuses and military aggression and slaughter of Yemeni children are very real indeed and ongoing.

Last edited:

Owen06

I'm not surprised that madrid and Barca are scared of them.from the moment they signed tevez I knew they know what it takes to buy and keep top players.
I think city first of all stamped their authority domestically by keeping us and Liverpool at Bay,they signed our first team player in tevez and liverpool's goldenboy sterling, Chelsea wouldn't go for their players because money is their pull which city had in abundance so they were pretty much secured domestically.
Now we all know players move to Barca and madrid because this teams always want to be the best so they go for the best and since 2010 city has been striving to be the best so they go for the best,offer them huge salaries and trophies not to mention they have the best manager money can buy.

Now the primary reason why madrid and Barca don't go for their players is because money wise they are inferior to city and they win loads of trophies by the way so it's almost impossible to compete with them.
Another thing that has Barca and madrid scared of them is the impact of the Neymar transfer,Barca wanted their best player so they signed one of barca's very best for twice the transfer fee and are paying him twice the salary.i can assure you that Barca will never go for a player in a club run by Arabs again and I'm sure Madrid learnt a lesson or two from them.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Valencia has never been world class for 5 minutes of his life, let alone 3 seasons.
Agree. He was very good though for a few seasons. He was always a one trick pony though and the most one footed player of all time. And after a few seasons he fell off of a cliff and never looked like a PL winger again. He was never a Ronaldo replacement though. To be a world class winger you actually need to have some skill. Valencia was crazy fast and strong and had a good cross for a season or 2, but he was never skillfull. I would rather say Nani was world class for about 2 seasons, when he peaked. He could actually beat players and score wonder goals.

He'sRaldo

Because their own players all have release clauses...

Last edited:

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
City tie their best players down to long contracts, so if another club really wanted a City player they would have to pay a staggering amount of money for them.

Also remember when Tevez tried to force his way out, and City just ignored him, let him play golf in Argentina for a few months and then put him back in their team? Very few other clubs have the ability to do that.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Tell that to Ronaldo in 2009, United were everything City are now, and more, when he left. Like it or not, any player with real ambition wants to play for Real Madrid or Barca, unless you are paying them their salary again through some other conduit of course..

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Tell that to Ronaldo in 2009, United were everything City are now, and more, when he left. Like it or not, any player with real ambition wants to play for Real Madrid or Barca, unless you are paying them their salary again through some other conduit of course..
Ronaldo was a much better player than Silva or Aguero have ever been. The better the player the bigger the risk the buying club will take to sign him. That also plays a big part.

TsuWave

I did not say that Real and Barca are not/will not be attractive clubs to City players. I said that due to a multitude reasons, currently, for players at City, there will be less motivation for them to want to move elsewhere than for players at other clubs.

Ronaldo, an Iberian player, moved a decade ago, was a record breaking transfer at a time where player valuations were not inflated as they are now (Real would likely have to pay 4 or 5 times what they paid then if it happened today), and he had an agreement with management to let him go. Using his transfer then to justify these “back-dealing by City” theories is funny to me, but please proceed.

DevilAgeIdiot

I did not say that Real and Barca are not/will not be attractive clubs to City players. I said that due to a multitude reasons, currently, for players at City, there will be less motivation for them to want to move elsewhere than for players at other clubs.

Ronaldo, an Iberian player, moved a decade ago, was a record breaking transfer at a time where player valuations were not inflated as they are now (Real would likely have to pay 4 or 5 times what they paid then if it happened today), and he had an agreement with management to let him go. Using his transfer then to justify these “back-dealing by City” theories is funny to me, but please proceed.
I 've no idea why you find "back-dealing by City" so funny seen as there is so much proof and indusputable evidence of their having paid Mancini multiple wages,they've admitted cheating our fair play rules, they've faked sponsorship deals and being investigated for cooking the books so on.
How naive you are to think they'd never stop so low as to dole out add ons to player's wages.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Real, Milan, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern are the Top 5 Clubs with a great History in european footbal
Yet, Barcelona won 4 of theirs in the last decade or so as did Scousepool.
Does this mean if we win a few in the next years we get added go the list too?
Where are Ajax then?