Why don't we win penalties anymore?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Only five penalties have been missed in the league so far this season and four have been by United. Three of the five penalties were missed against Norwich.

Tarrou

This thread worked well, but now we need to edit the title to say 'score' and we're good

kdiglas78

4 penalties missed, 4 points dropped. Difference between 7th and 5th. It’s a fundamental that’s become an area of anxiety. Needs sorted.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Be interesting to get a count of pens per season in all comps in the PL era. Had so many this season, but most have been just and we have had a few clear ones not given too. Rashford, Martial, James and McT are all so willing to try and beat a defender.

Kag

Buy attacking players with pace and intensity and you’re likely to get more penalties.

More of the James ilk, please.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
James is so quick and small he must be a nightmare to play against.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Finally some penalties in the last two games. I had lost all hope after a dire November.

Paul_Scholes18

8 penalties for us. Then we got a number of teams on 3. How are we so much better than the rest at gaining pens? We got pace in our forwards, but so does City and Pool too and they attack more than us in general. It is not like we are getting them by dives either. I think maybe teams think they can stop us easily since we have been so poor and make errors.

Paul_Scholes18

Even though we have missed 4 pens this séason we have still won a PK shoutout. That gives us hope for actually getting a title this season. Although City and Pep sides are masters on PK when it matters and we will probably have to beat them to win anything given that Liverpool play the B side in the cups.

Thepinhead

8 penalties for us. Then we got a number of teams on 3. How are we so much better than the rest at gaining pens? We got pace in our forwards, but so does City and Pool too and they attack more than us in general. It is not like we are getting them by dives either. I think maybe teams think they can stop us easily since we have been so poor and make errors.
I think our forwards are dribling a lot more than Citys and Liverpools. City and Liverpool pass the ball a lot quicker I reckon.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Main reason imo is that City/Pool attack with more numbers than us. They have good passing options when they're getting pressed so they'll just pass the ball to a better placed teammate before they're tackled.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's mostly just Rashford, right? Kick and run merchant who makes defenders foul him, something doesn't quite add up there.

lsd

The Oracle
I wonder how many we would have gotten without VAR ?

Still can't believe how Taylor didn't blow for the penalty on Rashford on Saturday

Okey

I saw somewhere the rest of the league have missed 2 penalties altogether while we've missed 4!!! And ours have cost points as well. Galling.

Irrational.

We're back :cool:

And it's not like we're getting them willy-nilly (Bruno pen Vs Villa aside). Pre-VAR we were having so many incidents overlooked because the refs wanted to add injustice and excitement into a game.