Why is there never interest in City’s best players?

Semiarty

Supports
FC Barcelona
City have absolutely unlimited resources so teams are careful about peeving them off.

Just like Barca showing public interest in PSG's Verrati just resulted in them having Neymar taken out of their hands.
When will people stop spewing this silly story? It was Neymar who contacted PSG. If a player doesn't want to leave, he simply doesn't whether there is a clause or not.

Simple answer £££, plus our original Mancini team is strangely loyal. Kompany, Aguero, Silva etc.. all seem to have a strange loyalty to us (commendable in this day and age.).
Barca wanted Aguero ahead of Suarez, City said no, Aguero was fine with it (which is weird considering his best friend is Messi).
Where are you getting this from?

Can't believe people actually believe PSG bought Neymar because of that.
People believe all sorts of things.

Parry Gallister

1) Of less interest to the public so less clicks = less rumours.
2) Because they are less likely to have players want to leave due to having greater success and playing better football.
3) Infinite money, if they wanted they have enough to bribe other clubs not to unsettle let alone pay for whatever they want when they want - when you know you are going to be strengthened every year and massively so when you fall short, why leave?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Most of the papers have no clue about transfers anyways, and most of the rumours floating around are usually just made up by the media. City has hardly any fans around the globe, and arent exactly a club that'll draw clicks from curious fans if they are mentioned in the media.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The media is insanely biased toward Citeh and have been since the oil family bought them.

I'm surprised more people don't seem aware to this. There are basically no negative stories about them, ever.

Thus - no stories about their players leaving.

Martial

Barca fans still touchy over Neymar leaving I see.

General point stands, the whole world saw Barca attempt to woo Verratti from PSG at the start of the window, and instead were just publically b*tchslapped by PSG with Neymar being forcefully taken from them the very same window.

Denis_unwise

How much do Pogba and Sanchez earn in comparison to KdB and Aguero?
You have to factor in that media quoted figures for Utd wages usually include all bonus payments. This is irregardloss of whether targets are met & the bonuses are actually paid. City figures tend to be reported as a basic salary with bonus payments that could occur.

Pogba & KDB both earn £280K P/W. In the case of Pogba this is his top line wage with bonuses paid. KDB's new contract gives him a flat £280K with an extra £70K P/W in bonus payments. It is likely he won't reach all his targets so the payment will be slightly less. He is though earning considerably more than Pogba. Image Rights can muddy the waters slightly. These though should not really be considered in the grand scheme of things. Pogba will likely be earning more than KDB in this respect. He is though a more marketable player. These payment won't really be costing the club money as he is bringing more in than what he takes out.

Sanchez & Aguero will also be on much the same wage. Aguero earns a basic £220K with a further £80K per week in bonuses. The crazy figures the media report for Sanchez go from £500K to £600K. These figures though include the signing on fee, agents fee & all bonuses paid. Take all these off & the wage is obviously a lot less. It's obviously not a great headline though stating ''Sanchez signs deal as big as Aguero's'

I wouldn't put too much stock in the wage figures your club reports though.

My local rugby team Salford were in much the same position as City. A Yo Yo team, with large debts, going nowhere. Salford were bought out by a wealthy owner who wanted to play Rugby Manager on cheat mode. The club moved to a new stadium & started making lots of expensive signings. The problem was that Rugby had a salary cap. The club were investigated & it was found that the owner had been buying players expensive cars, houses etc etc to supplement there wages. The club were docked points as a result. This is very much what is going on at City. The difference is that City will get away with it as there are no rules on what club owners are allowed to give players.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Where are you getting this from?
Zubizarreta himself said it, he said when he was talking to Suarez about the move, he told him straight up he was second choice behind Aguero.

padr81

Supports
Man City

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
I've no idea, probably similar, especially considering the ease at which KdB signed his recent contract. The point about City still stands though.

Players want money - give them enough and you'll buy their loyalty. Hence why they joined City in the first place. Hence why people like Ballague are fooling no-one with their Pep or Money narrative.
So, if you (incorrectly, as per all the media reports) think they earn similar amounts. Why would you assert, as fact, that 'there is no way any club in the world can compete with the wages on offer at Citeh'?

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
The media is insanely biased toward Citeh and have been since the oil family bought them.

I'm surprised more people don't seem aware to this. There are basically no negative stories about them, ever.

Thus - no stories about their players leaving.
Go on Bluemoon and you'll probably find this exact quote but with City and United reversed. Hilarious perspective.

Web of Bissaka

? OP meant the their top players I assume.
---I've heard interests on Silva, Aguero and Yaya Toure before this.

But yes, not so much interests in comparison to other Englist top clubs.
  1. Press, lack of transfer gossip. Manchester United sells more paper/clicks (Football fans "believe" the interests from press anyway).
  2. Off-putting high wages. With many bonuses I bet. Which their club can easily double/triple.
  3. Players are "happy" in many ways, to each their own.
  4. The best players are satisfied, no reason for them to leave, challenging all top competitions strongly and playing enough games. (Some still tend to be linked)
  5. Their squad and unwanted players are sold and poached by smaller clubs though. (Enough interests about those)
  6. Overall, better chance for other big clubs to seek and compete to get top players elsewhere.
  7. In addition, top clubs generally have their team sorted out already with top class players.
Kinda impatience no? I bet KDB, Jesus, Sterling, Sane and their young players will be good targets next.