Why it’s okay for Pogba to play out his contract year and decide along the way

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
The main problem is not with him. Its with his agent Raiola.

When a player is associated with Raiola, bad PR follows and so does his commercial value. I dont know why players still choose him.

AFC NimbleThumb

As much as those players did what they did, they never showed the level of prolonged disrespect that Pogba has. Tevez was clearly scorned as was Gabriel Heinze. Keane simply wanted what he felt was best for the club and the other incidents were more personal life affairs. It doesn't compare to consistent directed insults, disrespect and disregard and that's the difference.
See you said it’s the ‘worst’ thing you’ve seen from a player, it simply isn’t.

You’ve just defended Heinze & Tevez for wanting moves/moving to our closest rivals ffs.

consistent directed insults, disrespect and disregard
What does this even mean? It’s a bunch of superlatives you can’t actually quantify.

Paul Pogba has spoken in glowing terms about other teams [something other United players have done before]; he has also said he’s felt uncomfortable/unsupported [words to those effect] at Manchester United.

His agents actions aren’t unique to Pogba nor are they new & his brother apparently said he wants to see him at Real Madrid. This club has been brought into far more disrepute but by players with more prestige.

An academy graduate refusing to be on the bench for a game, personal life affair?

Top goalscorer asking to leave [TWICE], personal affair?

This Pogba circus [that is drummed up, not in small part, by fans in discussions like these] is not the ‘worst’ thing to happen since you’ve watched United unless you began watching us 4 years ago, which I know you did not.

If we were in a period of winning people would write Raiola off as exactly what he is, a mouthy agent but instead like you’re doing they exaggerate & extrapolate what he has said so they can use it as something else to blame Pogba for.

Pogba hasn’t lived up to his billing on the pitch so there’s no need to attribute things off the field when that’s enough to say he should leave already.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
No need to remind me of anything lad, I clarified my comments in Post #73 before you took a whole day to come at the mismanagement comment, which you’ve suddenly gone rather quiet on. . .
Sorry for not being an internet warrior who spends his life at the forum :lol:

Despite it being rather disingenuous of someone to run from the question I posed then demand an answer to something that has been discussed at length, here you go. . .

As in other businesses if you continue to try something [let’s not forget, you said we must have offered him contracts before now] & it isn’t working do something different. I’m not here to say sell him, loan him, bench him but you don’t allow someone to do the exact same thing Ander Herrera did a matter of years ago.
Well exactly, you didn't make any suggestions what should be done, you called mismanagement from the clubs side and I'm still trying to get an answer from you what from your perspective the club should do with Pogba in current situation. Maybe we started off on the wrong foot, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I want to understand why some people think the club is doing something wrong. You're mocking other people ideas and opinions, but don't suggest your own. Maybe you think we shoud've sold him a year ago, maybe you think we should give him a payrise, I still can't tell what's your view on things.

Anyway, back to your mismanagement issue or are you still saying Pogba should take a pay cut because you believe he wants to leave immediately?
I think you've mistaken me with someone from a different battlefield.

tjb

See you said it’s the ‘worst’ thing you’ve seen from a player, it simply isn’t.

You’ve just defended Heinze & Tevez for wanting moves/moving to our closest rivals ffs.

What does this even mean? It’s a bunch of superlatives you can’t actually quantify.

Paul Pogba has spoken in glowing terms about other teams [something other United players have done before]; he has also said he’s felt uncomfortable/unsupported [words to those effect] at Manchester United.

His agents actions aren’t unique to Pogba nor are they new & his brother apparently said he wants to see him at Real Madrid. This club has been brought into far more disrepute but by players with more prestige.

An academy graduate refusing to be on the bench for a game, personal life affair?

Top goalscorer asking to leave [TWICE], personal affair?

This Pogba circus [that is drummed up, not in small part, by fans in discussions like these] is not the ‘worst’ thing to happen since you’ve watched United unless you began watching us 4 years ago, which I know you did not.

If we were in a period of winning people would write Raiola off as exactly what he is, a mouthy agent but instead like you’re doing they exaggerate & extrapolate what he has said so they can use it as something else to blame Pogba for.

Pogba hasn’t lived up to his billing on the pitch so there’s no need to attribute things off the field when that’s enough to say he should leave already.
Are we really going to act like Pogba's agent doesn't represent him. Additionally, us not winning and Pogba's agent mouthing off when Pogba is supposed to be one of the stabilizing factors at the club was one of the reasons it was so bad. He showed he's not United through and through in that period. He showed that he was not the character of player United should have. I've seen Juve get relegated with Buffon, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet staying. Players who performed fantastically for years, could get into any other teams in Europe and chose to stay at their club. Relegation was an extreme circumstance too; I don't expect many players to stay in that instance. But Pogba wasn't given that type of situation. Pogba had a team in 2nd place in 17/18 ( only in his second season) and was already dying his hair blue, being offered to City, with his agent badmouthing the club. The concern with Pogba isn't that he's just a prima donna, its the fact that most fans feel that he doesn't really care about the club....that's unforgivable from a fan standpoint. Di Maria is comparable in that regard.

One other thing to consider is that the time span of the Pogba circus ranging from his 2nd season in 2018 to now and all the drama that has occured since is the reason behind the dislike towards him. Personally I don't mind him and just feel the league doesn't suit his playing style. However, its quite obvious why the fans and the United related press are so aggressive towards him. When he eventually leaves, he will be villified in a similar fashion to Di Maria. Right now, certain fans don't like the idea of losing what they consider to be a superstar, regardless of performance, similar to Martial in that sense. He's had 5 seasons to endear himself to the fans. Mata has been terrible for United imo, but United fans will go out of their way to find moments of brilliance from him because he has been respectful to the club, Herrera left on a free to PSG and United fans don't have a bad word to say about him. It has nothing to do with his performance or the fact that he wants to go, it's the way he's handled it and the sustained negative energy he brings. It's really not a superlative, 3 and a half seasons is a long time to moan and have your representatives churn negative statements; that's never happened at United, even Rooney's lasted a few months and that was simply a transfer request.

AFC NimbleThumb

Sorry for not being an internet warrior who spends his life at the forum :lol:
If a poster in disagreement with your opinion is classed as a ‘keyboard warrior’ then perhaps a forum isn’t the correct place for you to air your nonsense.

Well exactly, you didn't make any suggestions what should be done, you called mismanagement from the clubs side and I'm still trying to get an answer from you what from your perspective the club should do with Pogba in current situation.
You’ve tried this nonsense previously. I broke it down for you in Post #298. As for mismanagement Post #290 covers that.

If your issue is comprehension say so but you’re still running from questions posed to you days ago.

Maybe we started off on the wrong foot, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I want to understand why some people think the club is doing something wrong. You're mocking other people ideas and opinions, but don't suggest your own. Maybe you think we shoud've sold him a year ago, maybe you think we should give him a payrise, I still can't tell what's your view on things.
This isn’t about ‘right’ or ‘wrong’. It’s about having discussions in good faith. You’re saying I haven’t answered questions then ignoring when I respond &/or state the post numbers instead going round in circles cause you’re still unable to address how you know what Pogba’s intentions are.

You began this discussion by telling people what Pogba wants to do to which I took objection, you then moved on to me saying this issue has been mismanaged to which I have clarified in multiple posts & now you’re calling me a ‘keyboard warrior’ & you want to talk about getting off on the wrong foot :lol:
I think you've mistaken me with someone from a different battlefield.
Again, it truly isn’t that deep. Threads aren’t battlegrounds & I’ve seen your username pop up in more than enough to know you aren’t ever a bystander.

I’ve been going back & forth with one particular poster on this subject & we’ve been joking about it via DM - it’s ok to disagree.

If you’re on a public forum posting opinion as fact be prepared to be challenged, nothing more.

AFC NimbleThumb

Are we really going to act like Pogba's agent doesn't represent him. Additionally, us not winning and Pogba's agent mouthing off when Pogba is supposed to be one of the stabilizing factors at the club was one of the reasons it was so bad. He showed he's not United through and through in that period. He showed that he was not the character of player United should have. I've seen Juve get relegated with Buffon, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet staying. Players who performed fantastically for years, could get into any other teams in Europe and chose to stay at their club. Relegation was an extreme circumstance too; I don't expect many players to stay in that instance. But Pogba wasn't given that type of situation. Pogba had a team in 2nd place in 17/18 ( only in his second season) and was already dying his hair blue, being offered to City, with his agent badmouthing the club. The concern with Pogba isn't that he's just a prima donna, its the fact that most fans feel that he doesn't really care about the club....that's unforgivable from a fan standpoint. Di Maria is comparable in that regard.

One other thing to consider is that the time span of the Pogba circus ranging from his 2nd season in 2018 to now and all the drama that has occured since is the reason behind the dislike towards him. Personally I don't mind him and just feel the league doesn't suit his playing style. However, its quite obvious why the fans and the United related press are so aggressive towards him. When he eventually leaves, he will be villified in a similar fashion to Di Maria. Right now, certain fans don't like the idea of losing what they consider to be a superstar, regardless of performance, similar to Martial in that sense. He's had 5 seasons to endear himself to the fans. Mata has been terrible for United imo, but United fans will go out of their way to find moments of brilliance from him because he has been respectful to the club, Herrera left on a free to PSG and United fans don't have a bad word to say about him. It has nothing to do with his performance or the fact that he wants to go, it's the way he's handled it and the sustained negative energy he brings. It's really not a superlative, 3 and a half seasons is a long time to moan and have your representatives churn negative statements; that's never happened at United, even Rooney's lasted a few months and that was simply a transfer request.
This is a lot to break down but I will try. . .

When has anyone said Pogba’s agent doesn’t ‘represent’ him? I’m saying he’s always been outspoken so to act as if Pogba will silence the man is lunacy, he likes to talk.

Not sure what the hell Juventus players staying during relegation has to do with this. . .

Pogba is a ‘Prima donna’, how so? Is he anymore ostentatious than say Jack Grealish? The RedCafe fav who likes to drink drive, wear his socks low & grease his hair? This is another example of the exaggeration, look at Haalands holiday get up, hardly a wall flower.

‘most fans feel he doesn’t care for the club’, ah an intangible emotion is the reason.

Di Maria & Pogba are not the same mate, ridiculous statement.

Martial & Pogba. . . hmm interesting.

So Mata has done ‘nothing’ for the club but fans go out of their way to find moments of brilliance whilst Herrera ran down his contract & left for riches at PSG without any issues. . . So we agree, it isn’t actually about underperforming or running down his contract for personal gain.

Sustained negative energy? Amongst who? Bruno Fernandes says how he helped him settle & went house hunting with him; there’s a picture going round of Matic on facetime with Pogba who was wishing him a happy birthday [there are numerous posts between them], then there’s the manager himself who says he’s never had a problem with him.

The negative energy is amongst the fans who continue talk as if they know him personally.

alexthelion

:lol:

oh my, you’re really deluded when it comes to this.

Bolded = check out all the reports, even from these last few weeks, about United’s position on the club(s) that have offered for Pogba. They don’t think it’s high enough of an offer. Who’s fault is that? NOT POGBA’S! The club are electing to not sell him and would much rather keep him as they haven’t wanted to sell him at any point at all.

…so you can stop mixing and matching words to fit whatever narrative it is you seem fit. Because it’s simply not the truth or reality of it. Thanks
Of course the club's not going to sell if the offer is what they consider peanuts. Does not make it the club's fault Pogba hasn't left.

Where has the club, at any time, said they won't sell him? Stop making shit up.

Last edited:

alexthelion

Oh so you read my post now? The one that said exactly what you chimed in with? Pathetic.

Anyway, doing you the courtesy you didn’t do me & reading then replying. . .

He deserves to be criticised for his performances, which are more than bad enough to support the claims he should leave. What he doesn’t deserve is for fans to exaggerate their reactions to anything surrounding him.

I can fully grasp that Raiola chatting sh*t is disrespectful, I don’t like it but it isn’t new &/or surprising. It’s also something people knew about when Pogba re-signed & would be a non-issue if Haaland was scoring 30 goals a season for us.

People flat out lie when it comes to attributing comments to him.
Anything coming from fat boy's mouth is coming from Pogba. It's that simple.

alexthelion

Sorry but I don’t want to be doing (not saying yourself, but others who’ve had back and forth on here) other people’s work for them. And it’s not really a whole lot to look into.

…just for yourself though, a little bit of context from this summer(a matter of the last week or so). PSG offered something like £40m. Reports said United wanted more. Whether that’s genuine from United’s end or not who knows. I feel like with how long they’ve kept Pogba, even if PSG gave £10m more they wouldn’t do it. But that’s just my feeling.
Links please.

AFC NimbleThumb

Anything coming from fat boy's mouth is coming from Pogba. It's that simple.
Another example of opinion spouted as fact. It’s that simple.

Lad take a break, we’ve just signed Sancho & Varane this isn’t the time for fan fiction.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The bolded part is where all my patience with Pogba finally run out. I can't see how anyone can defend what transpired on the eve of the biggest game of the season. I hope to god we don't give him a new contract because Pogba finally decides he loves United when no other club are prepared to pay his outrageous wage demands he's sure to ask for because if we do give him his contract it won't be too long before Pogba/his feckin mouthpiece decide they're once again looking for a new challenge elsewhere. This shit show has to end.
Pretty much this. I have always been in Pogba camp prior to that despite his inconsistent form and keep letting others helping him making noises for a move, as he is clearly most talented player we have in our squad, with ceiling higher than everyone else. But letting his agent to spout that shite on the eve of biggest game of season, is final nail on coffin. If he play us again, refusing to move in this summer and let his contract runs out for a move elsewhere, he will be forever in my most hated ex-United player list alongside with Tevez.

Highfather_24

The main problem is not with him. Its with his agent Raiola.

When a player is associated with Raiola, bad PR follows and so does his commercial value. I dont know why players still choose him.
Because agents like him make sure that they make the most amount of money, and because 99.9% of fans worldwide dont care about what agent what player has.

He wont drop Raiola because blackhawk747 from RedCafe's wants him to.

He'sRaldo

The bolded part is where all my patience with Pogba finally run out. I can't see how anyone can defend what transpired on the eve of the biggest game of the season. I hope to god we don't give him a new contract because Pogba finally decides he loves United when no other club are prepared to pay his outrageous wage demands he's sure to ask for because if we do give him his contract it won't be too long before Pogba/his feckin mouthpiece decide they're once again looking for a new challenge elsewhere. This shit show has to end.
Pretty much this. I have always been in Pogba camp prior to that despite his inconsistent form and keep letting others helping him making noises for a move, as he is clearly most talented player we have in our squad, with ceiling higher than everyone else. But letting his agent to spout that shite on the eve of biggest game of season, is final nail on coffin. If he play us again, refusing to move in this summer and let his contract runs out for a move elsewhere, he will be forever in my most hated ex-United player list alongside with Tevez.
The interview was done a week before, the publication chose to schedule the release for that date for obvious reasons. At the time the interview was made we weren't in any sort of crunch position vs Leipzig, so Raiola couldn't have timed the quotes just to disrupt us.

Not that it makes it much better, of course. Still very incendiary, unacceptable words from the man. But just highlighting how the timing of the release was just the media doing their usual routine trying to feck with us and get clicks/maximum exposure at the same time.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The interview was done a week before, the publication chose to schedule the release for that date for obvious reasons. At the time the interview was made we weren't in any sort of crunch position vs Leipzig, so Raiola couldn't have timed the quotes just to disrupt us.

Not that it makes it much better, of course. Still very incendiary, unacceptable words from the man. But just highlighting how the timing of the release was just the media doing their usual routine trying to feck with us and get clicks/maximum exposure at the same time.
Even if it’s a week before we are still in most important period of season, and ahead of some of most important fixture/games we would be facing. There’s simply no excuse for this shite. His agent did said those things to public on behalf of him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Should've tried to extend it far earlier and when it was clear he wouldn't without outrageous, unearned wages, let the world know he's for sale. Now it's 1 season left and he's gone for free.

pogba isn't at fault for doing what's legally allowed. There's a contract for a reason. That being said, people can still be annoyed at him for causing upheaval as well as being somewhat lazy. He really does just jog around a lot at times when he shouldn't be. You can see the difference in effort between him and martial and the other players on the team
Its so obvious you think no one in the club's management thought about it or did it?

Murray3007

Simply makes Ole look bad, he said he only wanted players who actually wanted to be here, if he wont sign a contract then why is he still in and around the side?

Siezard

Simply makes Ole look bad, he said he only wanted players who actually wanted to be here, if he wont sign a contract then why is he still in and around the side?
Because 40 mil is at stake.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

If it was a week before then that would of been even worse. The only person with enough power to hold the interview back would of been Raiola and if that was the case then sabotage was definitely on the cards but all reports point to the interview being held on the 7th of December with our game being played on the 8th which was bad enough. Not once has Pogba spoken out at Raiolas constant shit stirring which makes it pretty obvious both of them are on the same page.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If a poster in disagreement with your opinion is classed as a ‘keyboard warrior’ then perhaps a forum isn’t the correct place for you to air your nonsense.
No no, I'm just not spending my life in front of computer so that's why I can't reply immediately - thanks for understanding.

You’ve tried this nonsense previously. I broke it down for you in Post #298. As for mismanagement Post #290 covers that.

If your issue is comprehension say so but you’re still running from questions posed to you days ago.

This isn’t about ‘right’ or ‘wrong’. It’s about having discussions in good faith. You’re saying I haven’t answered questions then ignoring when I respond &/or state the post numbers instead going round in circles cause you’re still unable to address how you know what Pogba’s intentions are.

You began this discussion by telling people what Pogba wants to do to which I took objection, you then moved on to me saying this issue has been mismanaged to which I have clarified in multiple posts & now you’re calling me a ‘keyboard warrior’ & you want to talk about getting off on the wrong foot :lol:

Again, it truly isn’t that deep. Threads aren’t battlegrounds & I’ve seen your username pop up in more than enough to know you aren’t ever a bystander.

I’ve been going back & forth with one particular poster on this subject & we’ve been joking about it via DM - it’s ok to disagree.

If you’re on a public forum posting opinion as fact be prepared to be challenged, nothing more.
I agree we can't address what are Pogba intensions, same as you can't state "we should've oferred him a deal in previous years" as we (people on this forum) know nothing about what has been really going on behind the scenes.

I think there are many points we agree on, but this debate is not progressing due to both of us picking up on words and phrases rather than
discussing specific points, opinions, views. You mentioning in previous post about me "still saying" Pogba should take a paycut makes me think you've mixed me with somebody else, so I don't even know whose points are we discussing currently and I see no point in dragging this further.

Should've tried to extend it far earlier and when it was clear he wouldn't without outrageous, unearned wages, let the world know he's for sale. Now it's 1 season left and he's gone for free.

pogba isn't at fault for doing what's legally allowed. There's a contract for a reason. That being said, people can still be annoyed at him for causing upheaval as well as being somewhat lazy. He really does just jog around a lot at times when he shouldn't be. You can see the difference in effort between him and martial and the other players on the team
Why is this being constantly repeated on this forum? I really don't understand why people assume this is the first time he has been oferred a new deal. It is in my humble opinion against all logic, because what I'd expect to happen is we do our best to keep key players.
And although I don't know anymore if Pogba is a key player for us, he surely was one last summer.

Its so obvious you think no one in the club's management thought about it or did it?
Exactly.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

True what he has done is not illegal, but it is utmost disrespect to a club who had helped develop him during his youth, forgiven him for his greedy act of moving to Italy for free while turning his back behind Fergie, and then bought him back for record breaking 89m. He literally fool us twice and cost us hundreds of millions, with return of many half arse attitude and performance. He is a massive failure in England and one of worst thing ever happened to the club in 21st century.

Last edited:

Siezard

Funny why people don't get it.

Pogba's situation is similar to De Gea. When Pogba's contract was left only with 1 year, the United board don't think it was ready to offer him a new contract so they carried out the option to extend his contract for another year (same as De Gea).

Then, 1 year on, the same situation comes again. A contract is offered by United. Anyone who is working who want to explore the options of working for another team so usually they won't sign the contract till the transfer window is over. That's what happened to De Gea. No other club signs him and he only signed the contract after the transfer window.

But Pogba and De Gea are two different players playing 2 different positions. Pogba is obviously more talented and also slightly younger than De Gea was.

United won't risk losing 40 mil for nothing so they will still offer Pogba a contract till end Sept at least. And should Pogba not signed, United will send him to reserves and outcast from Sept onwards like what the club did to Romero.

AFC NimbleThumb

No no, I'm just not spending my life in front of computer so that's why I can't reply immediately - thanks for understanding.
No ones saying you need to. You coming back to a topic days later with the exact same points was my issue.
I agree we can't address what are Pogba intensions, same as you can't state "we should've oferred him a deal in previous years" as we (people on this forum) know nothing about what has been really going on behind the scenes.
This is my point about discussing in good faith. You’ve raised this quote multiple times before, initially in post #66. I responded with the below in post #73. . .
To clarify. We should have offered him a suitable contract & if he wasn’t willing to sign, dealt with it prior to now.
I took your objection to my wording agreed it needed more clarity & elaborated. . .

Since I’ve posted the below you’ve parroted the point back to me, again not particularly in good faith, as if you agree the point is now moot. . .

It’s all speculation from a keyboard though, we don’t know when & what terms; what we do know is we have an asset about to leave in similar fashion to our former no.21 but the fans don’t seem quite so forgiving.
as we (people on this forum) know nothing about what has been really going on behind the scenes.’ looks rather similar to the point made by me pages ago so if in agreement, park it.

You then started to go down the mismanagement route, something I have again clarified in multiple posts only to be asked again, until returning to parroting me about fans knowing very little.

You’re yet to address how you know Pogba’s intentions in similar fashion &/or how you know him lowering his demands would get him a move you believe he wants. . .
I think there are many points we agree on, but this debate is not progressing due to both of us picking up on words and phrases rather than
discussing specific points, opinions, views. You mentioning in previous post about me "still saying" Pogba should take a paycut makes me think you've mixed me with somebody else, so I don't even know whose points are we discussing currently and I see no point in dragging this further.
Whether we agree on anything or not isn’t really the issue, I’ve told you countless times what I took objection to with your comments, even quoting them multiple times but you haven’t wanted to address them, which is your prerogative, but don’t suddenly attempt to say we agree & this is a misunderstanding when you haven’t actually engaged in anything other than attempts to be antagonistic.

This is a prime example of what people do with Pogba; you’re not discussing what’s actually happening. . .

I’m no longer particularly interested in your inside knowledge of Pogba so am more than happy to agree to disagree. I’ve answered these points before, so am unsure why we are still here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Like in any other topic, this depends on from which point of view you address this.

There is a good chance he will leave on free transfer, as a ManUtd fan is that good? No. From the club's point of view we are losing big asset for nothing, which means club will take a hit financially.

Does that mean we have to blame players? I don't think so. People talk about club giving players everything they wanted, loyalty, fans love and all that. It counts for nothing, when the player is not good enough, same fans abuse players and some even racially abuse the players. Same fans want the players to be sold, club wants them gone and there are instances where players were made to train with reserves just because they wanted to leave or they didn't leave when club wanted them to.

Whole footballing world is making sure you do what's best for you. From fans point of view, it's not good but from player's point of view that's how it should be as clubs won't think twice to dump them when they think they are not good enough.

Anyways apart from all that, we have struggled to fit him in the team for various reasons and the relationship is always going to end, it's a matter of when rather than if. So if we can get decent fee and sign good CM it will be good for both parties.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
No ones saying you need to. You coming back to a topic days later with the exact same points was my issue.

This is my point about discussing in good faith. You’ve raised this quote multiple times before, initially in post #66. I responded with the below in post #73. . .

I took your objection to my wording agreed it needed more clarity & elaborated. . .

Since I’ve posted the below you’ve parroted the point back to me, again not particularly in good faith, as if you agree the point is now moot. . .

as we (people on this forum) know nothing about what has been really going on behind the scenes.’ looks rather similar to the point made by me pages ago so if in agreement, park it.

You then started to go down the mismanagement route, something I have again clarified in multiple posts only to be asked again, until returning to parroting me about fans knowing very little.

You’re yet to address how you know Pogba’s intentions in similar fashion &/or how you know him lowering his demands would get him a move you believe he wants. . .

Whether we agree on anything or not isn’t really the issue, I’ve told you countless times what I took objection to with your comments, even quoting them multiple times but you haven’t wanted to address them, which is your prerogative, but don’t suddenly attempt to say we agree & this is a misunderstanding when you haven’t actually engaged in anything other than attempts to be antagonistic.

This is a prime example of what people do with Pogba; you’re not discussing what’s actually happening. . .

I’m no longer particularly interested in your inside knowledge of Pogba so am more than happy to agree to disagree. I’ve answered these points before, so am unsure why we are still here.
Again you've mistaken me with someone else, I told you 2 times already I never said that so again, so I'm not wasting any more time on that subject.
To be clear, this is how I answered about to your question "why is Pogba still at this club":
ad A) interesting question, do you think people outside of the club can answer that? I don't think so, there may be many reasons (Pogba hesitating, no offers as he'll likely be available for free next season, no offers because nobody rates him that much, no offers from clubs where Pogba would like to move, or the most likely option: he wants more money, the payer being secondary factor) - again, we can speculate, but I don't know, and frankly I don't care.

I have nothing to add, he might want to leave, he might want a better deal, I don't care. We don't even know what were Pogba intentions when he said through his agent that Paul wants to leave at the end of the season.

AFC NimbleThumb

I have nothing to add, he might want to leave, he might want a better deal, I don't care. We don't even know what were Pogba intentions when he said through his agent that Paul wants to leave at the end of the season.
Parroting again.

Imitation really is the greatest form of flattery.

AFC NimbleThumb

That's nasty manipulation. Now we're done for sure as I'm not playing dirty.

For the 3rd time. Why are we still doing this?

alexthelion

Lad take a break, we’ve just signed Sancho & Varane this isn’t the time for fan fiction.
Hardly fiction, he works for Pogba and wouldn't do anything Pogba doesn't want him to.

Still, being a member of Pogba FC obviously mushes the brain. At least, that's all I can think has happened.

AFC NimbleThumb

Hardly fiction, he works for Pogba and wouldn't do anything Pogba doesn't want him to.

Still, being a member of Pogba FC obviously mushes the brain. At least, that's all I can think has happened.

They say criticise the post not the poster but this is rather cretinous coming from the same guy saying we should sign Haaland - a Raiola client yet is criticising Pogba for Raiola’s actions.

Pogba FC? Solid debate there lad.

Once again, take a break from fan fiction.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
not sure how you work that out, simply if he doesn't sign a new contract should just be left to rot in with the reserves.
The pros and cons of leaving Pogba to "rot in the reserves":

Pros:
Pogba rotting in the reserves is apparently a pro, so we're going with it. K? Cool
Errrrrrrm...

Cons:
The club loses the option of playing a world-class contracted player if and when needed.
Angering Pogba, which in turn increases the likelihood of him spreading negative vibes through the club.
The club looks like petulant children.
Slavery was abolished over a century ago.
It's just a rubbish idea.

Please stop suggesting we let Pogba rot in the reserves until he signs a new contract?

pablotatt

Of course we'll let him rot. Build for the future and actually play players who want to play for the shirt (and turn up more than once every quarter).

Considering were in 2021, he'll be 'injured' all year. Probably play for France because he isn't.

Dazzmondo

I get the impression that the potential Pogba to PSG move isn't going to happen. I'm a bit disappointed tbh. I would have rathered get money in to spend on a dm but I guess we're stuck with Pogba until he leaves on a free. Makes sense for him I guess, he'll probably have more options than just PSG next year. Hope he can at least deliver some good performances for us this season though tbh I don't really see the space for him in our first team since we still can't play him as a cm with our current midfield options and we have better options on the wings with Sancho arriving.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
@CanadianUtd likewise Utd have an obligation to do what's right for the club.
In my opinion there seem to be a hint of Pogba being bigger than the club in that OP. As a United I'd have to go against your whole post because of that.
He might have been a promising prospect/talent at some point worthy of building a team around but these things can change based of how consistent the player is/fit or availability/influential in determining results/personnel in the team. True leaders don't look down on their peers but work with them to get the optimum result.
My question would be, has he? If he has then he deserve to. If no, then he should accept football doesn't stand still to wait for any individual to rediscover their bearings. Like United as a club have already discovered.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Of course we'll let him rot. Build for the future and actually play players who want to play for the shirt (and turn up more than once every quarter).

Considering were in 2021, he'll be 'injured' all year. Probably play for France because he isn't.
What would that acheive?

pablotatt

What would that acheive?
I think I already qualified my point....

Building for the future with players who will be here in 12 months. Showing anyone that they're not bigger than the club. Proving a point with Raiola.

redmanx

I get the impression that the potential Pogba to PSG move isn't going to happen. I'm a bit disappointed tbh. I would have rathered get money in to spend on a dm but I guess we're stuck with Pogba until he leaves on a free. Makes sense for him I guess, he'll probably have more options than just PSG next year. Hope he can at least deliver some good performances for us this season though tbh I don't really see the space for him in our first team since we still can't play him as a cm with our current midfield options and we have better options on the wings with Sancho arriving.
Pogba has been disrespecting the club and its supporters for years, we should drop the asking price and just get rid of him. If he had any loyalty to United and its supporters, any ambtion other than to make mega bucks, all he had/has to do is come out and say, publicly, whether he wants to stay, or he wants to go, at least by doing so he lets everybody know where they stand. If he was so desperate to get away in order to win trophies etc surely he would take a cut in wages so making it easier financially for a club to afford Uniteds asking price? But it seems hes more than happy to see out his contract and leave on a free and pick up a huge signing on fee, and if this is the case it shows a damning lack of ambition and a warning to other clubs not to touch him.