Why not start a “Woodward Out” chant during the season opener?

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Honest to God, why hasn’t this been done yet?

It happens in many sports when fans have had enough of a player or coach or manager or whatnot and want their voice heard.

...the Glazers Out thing is more so social media driven and they have the power to block it by just restricting MUTV events. But you know what they can’t block? A home stadium chanting on global TV being broadcast around the world. Impossible for a blind eye to be turned to that and will make headlines across the footballing world.

So yea, wouldn’t it be effective to do a “Woodward Out” chant or something along those lines at kickoff during both half’s? Would strongly show that we’ve had enough of being dicked around and want proper people in charge that know what their doing in football terms - not just the money making and marketing aspect that Ed is all about.

edgar allan

It happens in many sports when fans have had enough of a player or coach or manager or whatnot and want their voice heard.

...the Glazers Out thing is more so social media driven and they have the power to block it by just restricting MUTV events. But you know what they can’t block? A home stadium chanting on national TV being broadcasted around the world. Impossible for a blind eye to be turned to that and will make headlines across the footballing world.

So yea, wouldn’t it be effective to do a “Woodward Out” chant or something along those lines at kickoff during both half’s? Would strongly show that we’ve had enough of being dicked around and want proper people in charge that know what their doing in football terms - not just the money making and marketing aspect that Ed is all about.
Because he is employed by the Glaziers and performs his role exactly as set out by them.

Raw

It'll help, but we literally flew a plane banner calling out Woodward's incompetency and nothing really came of it. Maybe if the chants continue all season it will add pressure.

It's B Rubble

Or we could post the names of all the United sponsors and call for a mass boycott...

RedNed77

...the Glazers Out thing is more so social media driven and they have the power to block it by just restricting MUTV events. But you know what they can’t block? A home stadium chanting on national TV being broadcasted around the world. Impossible for a blind eye to be turned to that and will make headlines across the footballing world.

Well speaking for myself, because I've just paid a fecking fortune for a season ticket and I don't want the ground to turn into moan central like this forum.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Since it's the start of the season maybe we should just get behind the team and try to have as good of a season as possible?

KristianMackle

Please dont bring that into the stadium. It has to be all about supporting the players when that whistle goes as we need to get on the ground running. The players getting that distraction, especially the younger ones, will not be good.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Well speaking for myself, because I've just paid a fecking fortune for a season ticket and I don't want the ground to turn into moan central like this forum.
It’s no different than when certain players have shit performances. Instead of booing them, direct it to the guy in charge of assembling the team.

...and it’s not like it’d be an every game occurrence or for the entirety of the game. It’d be to send a message.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Similar chant was tried towards the end of last season, forgot what it was but it did nothing. The fans don't have a say, we just have to accept their incompetence.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

...the Glazers Out thing is more so social media driven and they have the power to block it by just restricting MUTV events. But you know what they can’t block? A home stadium chanting on global TV being broadcast around the world. Impossible for a blind eye to be turned to that and will make headlines across the footballing world.

Great idea. You should get a ticket to the game and try and get the chant going. If you shout loud enough, it’s bound to catch on. Good luck!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Woodward out means getting someone else in to also do the financial and market aspect of the club. We don't want that. Ed Woodward is a fantastic moneyman.

Hire DOF is a good chant. We need that. It's not quite as catchy, but exactly what we need. On top of Glazers out.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Great idea. You should get a ticket to the game and try and get the chant going. If you shout loud enough, it’s bound to catch on. Good luck!
I live in a different continent unfortunately...it has happened to our local team and other teams in the league time to time albeit a different sport and led to immediate change

red4ever 79

How much is a season ticket there these days? I had one back in the mid 90's used to be about 300pounds

R'hllor

Why? Guy just resumed his search for DoF or what ever the name of role is, confusing.

klayton88

Guarantee at some point early in the season we'll be struggling and the camera will pan to him sat there looking all pissed off and moody when he's the sole fecking reason for it. I hate him.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
How much is a season ticket there these days? I had one back in the mid 90's used to be about 300pounds
I'm wondering too.
I'm paying around 4k pounds to take a mate to a single game. Wondering how much more (a select few) locals pay to make their opinions worth so much more in their eyes.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Woodward out means getting someone else in to also do the financial and market aspect of the club. We don't want that. Ed Woodward is a fantastic moneyman.

Hire DOF is a good chant. We need that. It's not quite as catchy, but exactly what we need. On top of Glazers out.
Hes really not, the revenue of other clubs is growing as fast as if not faster than ours, he is just riding that wave.

markhughes

I'd rather us start with a positive atmosphere in the stadium, especially if we have young lads playing.

Also if we are looking for a DOF we might as well wait to see what happens with that first, looking forward to the season starting this year!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hes really not, the revenue of other clubs is growing as fast as if not faster than ours, he is just riding that wave.
You can't be serious. The club has been lacking in sport results since Alex Ferguason retired and we're posting record fiscal results every single year.

Who are you comparing us to?

diarm

Or we could post the names of all the United sponsors and call for a mass boycott...
This is probably what it would take. Getting #GlazersOut or #WoodwardOut trending on twitter isn't going to make a blind bit of difference. But get the same numbers tweeting #BoycottChevrolet/Adidas/Aon etc and we'd probably see a reaction.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
:lol:

You don’t go to games.
I’ve went to a few games.

And I get it. Unlikely this happens since Old Trafford is quiet as a library at most points of the game.

...welp, just thought I’d throw it out there and see people’s opinions

WensleyMU

Maybe start with some support for the players? Then go from there...

Crazy I know, but these are crazy times.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Dybala really did a number on the OP.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Getting behind the team and voicing out against the CEO are 2 different things
Well you clearly dont realize that a negative atmosphere, no matter who its directed at, will impact the players who are actually playing on the pitch (the most important thing at the end of the day). The fans go to watch the team and support the team. Going and starting the season on a negative note like that is probably the worst thing we as a group of fans can do.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
You watch games in a basement at the other side of the world. Stop pretending to start chants at Old Trafford.
I’ve probably splashed more money towards the team than you have. Stop pretending.

ClutchHunter

I'm not sure why you guys are bragging about putting lots of your money into the club - of which presumably neither of you have much, as you're normal people - directly resulting in footballers making obscene amounts of money and the Glazers pocketing countless millions.

I support the team, I discuss them online, I watch all the games. I'm not a bad fan because I refuse to financially subsidise this industry and the people than run this club.

Nialinho

You go to games to watch and support the team! A ball hasn't even been kicked yet man! I often get really incredible seats through work and sit very close to him, Sir Alex and David Gill etc and no one (Quite rightly) says a word to him.. No matter how incompetent he is, he's just doing the job he's been given. Like previously mentioned he's employed by the Glazers and that's where any abuse should be aimed.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
I'm not sure why you guys are bragging about putting lots of your money into the club - of which presumably neither of you have much, as you're normal people - directly resulting in footballers making obscene amounts of money and the Glazers pocketing countless millions.

I support the team, I discuss them online, I watch all the games. I'm not a bad fan because I refuse to financially subsidise this industry and the people than run this club.
Yes I’ve never once differentiated the 2.

However, he cane off like a dick for saying that and I spend quite a bit on merchandise every year and have flown over on a few occasions to catch games as a foreigner. I don’t get why he thought he’s some hotshot that’s all.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Because the first game hasnt been played yet. I agree that there is incompetence from the board, but let the first week(s) play out to see how the team plays and if there are encouraging signs of a playing style.

NinjaFletch

We want the team to do well, regardless of how likely we think that is.

I fully expect this season to be a disaster, but there's no point going to games with the active intention of poisoning the well and creating a self fulfilling prophecy. Support the team, if things do go to shit then kick up a shit fit. Whatever you think about the direction of the club, the transfer window or anything else, football is played on the pitch and has a habit of not going the way you expect.