Why not start a “Woodward Out” chant during the season opener?

Nialinho

You can really tell on this board that there's a lot of FIFA/FM addicts who can't differentiate fantasy from reality :lol:

We obviously needed a lot more to become a force again, but a slower and smarter rebuild were we are developing youth isn't a bad idea. The scattergun approach when we don't land our first choice targets has lead us into this mess. If we had landed a proper CM, I'd of actually been delighted with our window.

Judas

Open to offers
Slow rebuild only works if we show enough improvement and signs that we are going in the right direction to keep the quality players we have from leaving.

If this season is another shit show we’re in big trouble.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Since it's the start of the season maybe we should just get behind the team and try to have as good of a season as possible?
Is the correct answer. Some of you need to find a new pastime.

Nialinho

Slow rebuild only works if we show enough improvement and signs that we are going in the right direction to keep the quality players we have from leaving.

If this season is another shit show we’re in big trouble.
We're essentially starting from scratch seeing how this is Ole's first window. Our defense is a lot stronger and I actually have faith in our attack and back the decision not to replace Lukaku with whatever lucky mug was available. If the playing style improves considerably and we bring through the likes of Gomes and Greenwood I'd actually forgive us not getting top four this season. Perhaps if we aren't looking too bad by Xmas a January signing could be the difference between UCL football or not. As it currently stands, I'd have Arsenal slightly ahead of us but you really never know. This United squad has potential to be a lot better than it's shown.

RedNed77

How much is a season ticket there these days? I had one back in the mid 90's used to be about 300pounds
I ended up buying two as my mate can't really afford it, so £1600 for the pair. Which is still around the same as 1 season ticket at the Emirates, haha.

Camilo

Well we can't organise a "support United" chant as it is...

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If there's a scenario were Ole is being blatantly thrown under the bus, I would seriously consider some action to point out the board's mistake.

Decent results can heal every sick atmosphere and that's the best solution here. This team simply needs to show something on the pitch.

flappyjay

Honest to God, why hasn’t this been done yet?

It happens in many sports when fans have had enough of a player or coach or manager or whatnot and want their voice heard.

...the Glazers Out thing is more so social media driven and they have the power to block it by just restricting MUTV events. But you know what they can’t block? A home stadium chanting on global TV being broadcast around the world. Impossible for a blind eye to be turned to that and will make headlines across the footballing world.

So yea, wouldn’t it be effective to do a “Woodward Out” chant or something along those lines at kickoff during both half’s? Would strongly show that we’ve had enough of being dicked around and want proper people in charge that know what their doing in football terms - not just the money making and marketing aspect that Ed is all about.
Said it in one these threads, removing the glazers is near impossible. But Ed out could be a success

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

It happens in many sports when fans have had enough of a player or coach or manager or whatnot and want their voice heard.

...the Glazers Out thing is more so social media driven and they have the power to block it by just restricting MUTV events. But you know what they can’t block? A home stadium chanting on global TV being broadcast around the world. Impossible for a blind eye to be turned to that and will make headlines across the footballing world.

So yea, wouldn’t it be effective to do a “Woodward Out” chant or something along those lines at kickoff during both half’s? Would strongly show that we’ve had enough of being dicked around and want proper people in charge that know what their doing in football terms - not just the money making and marketing aspect that Ed is all about.
Please go away. How about we focus on supporting Manchester United at the season opener?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Oh no. Not another one.

Kostov

Why exactly? He is doing great according to many United fans who are absolute top reds.

Patience

Because I absolutely promise you this...

The match-going fans aren't as moany and fickle as a lot of online forum posters.

The majority of the 75,000 fans at every Old Trafford match are happy and content to give Ole Gunnar the support he needs over a few seasons to make sure we get back to the top.

And a lot of fans aren't as angry with the owners and how the club is being run as folk are on an internet forum.

We have seen massive investment in the team. And now - for the first time since Fergie retired - we are seeing Woodward oversee a long-term strategy to get us back to the top. None of this 'Bring in LvG or Mourinho and spunk a load of cash on players like Schweinsteiger, Falocoa, Di Maria, Ibrahimovic etc' bullshit is going on anymore. We are buying young, promising players, promoting from within and are being patient with our ambitions.

There are a lot of fans who are very happy with the path we are taking.

These forums are not a reflection of United fans who go to Old Trafford.

We go to Old Trafford to support the players, managers and the club.

I ain't paying £1200 for my season ticket to get involved in protest chants... especially as I'm happy that we are finally taking a long-term approach (an approach we should have taken as soon as Fergie retired).

Reactions: JPRouve

Nialinho

Because I absolutely promise you this...

The match-going fans aren't as moany and fickle as a lot of online forum posters.

The majority of the 75,000 fans at every Old Trafford match are happy and content to give Ole Gunnar the support he needs over a few seasons to make sure we get back to the top.

And a lot of fans aren't as angry with the owners and how the club is being run as folk are on an internet forum.

We have seen massive investment in the team. And now - for the first time since Fergie retired - we are seeing Woodward oversee a long-term strategy to get us back to the top. None of this 'Bring in LvG or Mourinho and spunk a load of cash on players like Schweinsteiger, Falocoa, Di Maria, Ibrahimovic etc' bullshit is going on anymore. We are buying young, promising players, promoting from within and are being patient with our ambitions.

There are a lot of fans who are very happy with the path we are taking.

These forums are not a reflection of United fans who go to Old Trafford.

We go to Old Trafford to support the players, managers and the club.

I ain't paying £1200 for my season ticket to get involved in protest chants... especially as I'm happy that we are finally taking a long-term approach (an approach we should have taken as soon as Fergie retired).
Excellent post. I did enjoy Ibra though to be fair.

sugar_kane

Why not stop being a bunch of little bitches and try and at least give this season a chance first?

0le

Is Woodward the issue, or is the Glazers the issue? I seem to recollect that under Gill, we failed to sign a midfielder after Hargreaves for many years. We also refused to spend the money to get players like Sneijder, Hazard and Moura.

I think some of the decisions Woodward has made are baffling, but the amount of money we spend is surely influenced by the Glazer's and perhaps they are the root of the problem and not necessarily Woodward.

Lentwood

Do people realise the breakdown of the fans who actually go to OT?

I had a season ticket for 8 of the last 11 seasons. Your average United match-goer is a 40-something from London/Ireland who goes to games to get away from the missus. There's another large portion of 18-30 year old blokes who just go to get absolutely bladdered and half the time the game is just a side-note. Add in the tourists and the way the stadium is set-up, the chances of getting a large section of the crowd to sustain an anti-Woodward/anti-Glazer protest is minimal....most can't even be arsed to get out of their seats when we score these days

Seems to me that the majority of the hardcore fans these days either watch on TV/down the pub or go to away games only

TRUERED89

Not many fans have ever successfully hounded their owners/CEO's out, They just often walk when they feel like it. But hey ho give it a try!

JoaquinJoaquin

Well speaking for myself, because I've just paid a fecking fortune for a season ticket and I don't want the ground to turn into moan central like this forum.
This is the kind of guy that has freely watched us fall to mediocrity and is scared of his own shadow in case his season ticket gets took off him.

Foxbatt

There is a very good article in the Guardian and it was scathing and spot on. We have been pathetic. Ole has already been thrown under the bus even before the season has started. We needed to strengthen the midfield from the time of SAF and we have not done so. We got rid of two midfield players and never even replaced them. Pogba is justified in wanting to win things and at United he is not going to win either the PL or the CL at all. This team is much weaker than the team Jose took to the 2nd place and now everyone else has strengthened their sides and for us to even finish 5th is going to be extremely hard.
We are no longer competing with City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal. We are competing with teams like Everton, Wolves, Westham etc.

I hope the fans do not turn on Ole but accept this time all the blame should be on Woodwad.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Because He's safe in the eyes of the owners. If We want to start doing this, do a massive and consistent protests against the owners and Woodward.

Don't be like Arsenal fans, moaning about Wenger for years when They should have moaned about the owners. Wenger left in the end but that's mainly because He's in the retirement age.

GiddyUp

Not everything is mutually exclusive. I fecking hate the Glazer ownership BUT I don't want the club owned by a regime or a wall street investment bank.
I think Woodward is shit at being a football technical director BUT if the his bullshit is called out by the club (owners, board, coach/players or fans) and he restructures with experienced people then he is a massive asset to the club, or if he prefers, the brand.
I support the club to my dying breath BUT over the last few seasons and definitely this one I will not spend money on the business/brand or give them clicks on social media.
I support almost every player that has worn the shirt until they give me a reason not to by being a cnut, thinks they are bigger then the club or just not of the required quality BUT I will celebrate every goal they contribute to like a lunatic and shout encouragement at the tv when they get the basics right and give it their all.
I will fecking moan about not signing an attacking player like Bruno and get pissed off because we the squad is bloated with mediocrity that cant be shifted because of underserved contracts BUT I understand the need for a cautious and thorough rebuild which will require more then one transfer window after a horror season.
Right now I trust about half a dozen people to do the job required but sometimes that's all it takes and I'm willing to sit back and see what happens instead of losing my shit over the machinations of multi millionaires. Ole has been championing an attacking brand of football with quick transitions so let's see if these players take it on board or settle back in to the lazy shit they've been getting away with the last few years.
After reading and listening to thousands of comments regarding the crap we are in its pretty clear that 99% of us agree on what got us here and what the future holds if we continue like this. But it's football and emotions can flip a reasonable opinion in a second. Let the moaners moan while the people that don't moan moan about the moaners. Me, I just want goals and an organized defense. I think we have sorted the defense so let's see if our attacking players can get it done.

Irwin99

Think it's a fair point raised by the OP, the green and gold campaign may have fizzled out after 09-10 but it was a visible show of discontent. United fans at OT have been saint like in their patience.

Nialinho

Think it's a fair point raised by the OP, the green and gold campaign may have fizzled out after 09-10 but it was a visible show of discontent. United fans at OT have been saint like in their patience.
We really have, I went to away to Everton which could possibly be our worst ever performance in the Premier League and we sang the Neville Neville chant for like half an hour straight after going 4-0 down :lol: It just reached a point were abusing the team was pointless and it was better to get behind them even if they were complete sh*t.

Foxbatt

Abusing the owners and abusing the team are two difference issues. That is the point most are making here. The feelings on the owners and Woodward should be made and it can be done while at the same time supporting the players and the Manager.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I think we should get everyone in the stadium to turn their backs to the pitch during the 8th minute (the eight is symbolic of how many more players we need)

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Every fan should take a permanent marker into the stadium and when the ball goes into the crowd we write “Woodwood is a bald cnut” on it. This will be a massive impact on the sponsors as they won’t want to be associated with it and force the Glazers to sell.

Bosws87

Was done last season near the end of the season with a large number of the crowd.

Split between "Jose's right the board are shite" and Build a bonfite put the Glazers on the top, put Woodward in the middle and burn the lot.