Why rewarding deadwoods new extension contract before they expired this summer?!

deafepl

We've extended the contract for Jones, Smalling, Young, Rojo, Mata who, all of them were supposed to expire this summer, we hardly spent money last summer when we should have lined up a replacement for them already since they have no business in United and is taking up wages and should be sold last summer even for little fees.

If I see Dramin being rewarded with new extension contract next season when he can go free at the end of next season, I'll lose my shit. There's no hope for us.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
For me it’s something to do with financial reasons. Perhaps they don’t want an ‘asset’ to leave the ‘company’ for no money - our deadwood can still be sold on, and it also means we do not have to directly replace some of them.

In fact, whenever you are not sure why Manchester United have / haven’t done something, ‘financial reasons’ is probably the answer.

deafepl

For me it’s something to do with financial reasons. Perhaps they don’t want an ‘asset’ to leave the ‘company’ for no money - our deadwood can still be sold on, and it also means we do not have to directly replace some of them.

In fact, whenever you are not sure why Manchester United have / haven’t done something, ‘financial reasons’ is probably the answer.
People said the same thing about Young but we kept extending the contract for Jones, Mata, Rojo, they all had a contract that is supposed to expire this summer. Like you said we don't want assist to leave the company, wtf are we doing last summer when we just spent 50m for Fred? We are not bothered to line up a replacement for these players we know they are not enough good to play for us and should be sold even for small fees. It really bother me to see how United dealt with it

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Because we are family club and they are part of the family. And Ed doesn't know to sell players.
Since we extended contracts to Smalling and Jones i just gave up regarding that topic.
And news is that Lingard is next:(

Tiber

There's a hell of a difference between extending Mata and Young

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Because now we don’t need to sign a right winger! Good old Ed, always thinking.

kentafuji

Because Ole and the club dont view sais players as 'deadwood'.

No matter how convinced the fans are that they are deadwood.

passing-wind

Im done with this club and the hierarchy which is Solskjaer included.

We have failed with the spine of the players the OP mentioned we are going to go into next season with exactly the same personnel. We have a manager who will not cull the mediocrity but seems intent on adding to it.

Next season is a write off

passing-wind

Because Solskjaer can't convince players to join us. We don't have the lifestyle allure of a Madrid / PSG / Barcelona so even if they appoint rubbish managers they can bring in a quality standard of players.

Ole is managerially the exact replica of Moyes, we got the Fellaini's, Mata's under his tenure and it's a similar transition we are witnessing now. We should have hired a manager who is willing to cull the cycle of failure at this club, not a yes man with a fat smile even on the brink of defeat.

Not saying entirely that this situation is Ole's fault but the club will not have offered Mata a three year deal without the nod from the manager. Would all the extensions been granted if we had a Zidane / Klopp in charge ? We don't necessarily need a manager of their pedigree but we need someone who will stand against the will of Woodward and against the cycle of mediocrity.

clarkydaz

Im done with this club and the hierarchy which is Solskjaer included.

We have failed with the spine of the players the OP mentioned we are going to go into next season with exactly the same personnel. We have a manager who will not cull the mediocrity but seems intent on adding to it.

Next season is a write off
Eh? Pogba and lukaku will be gone

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

This would make sense only if you were actively trying to sell those guys, and you're not(not even darmian!). It makes little sense financially to keep paying for players who no longer have any value(completely depreciated/ammortized)

The more likely answer is that you think those guys are useful squad options

Kaglish10

Why we even let Poole go is beyond reason. He could have saved us from splashing money on a right back. A technical adept player with good passing and crossing skills. Also good at defending. Yet we're rewarding ancestors like Mata who's done feck all since he moved to the club. So annoying.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We've extended the contract for Jones, Smalling, Young, Rojo, Mata who, all of them were supposed to expire this summer, we hardly spent money last summer when we should have lined up a replacement for them already since they have no business in United and is taking up wages and should be sold last summer even for little fees.

If I see Dramin being rewarded with new extension contract next season when he can go free at the end of next season, I'll lose my shit. There's no hope for us.
You created this thread in 2019, and it's time we sorted this mess out once and for all.

You created this thread in 2019, and it's time we sorted this mess out once and for all.

Well both those clowns have gone thankfully so we’ll see what happens next. Bruno’s new deal was probably signed off by Judge before he left.

darioterios

I just have to try to refrain myself from using swear words reading this stuff.