Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Rightly so. Because finishing second isn't an achievement. Just as Mourinho.

If Ole wants to bank up credit he'll need silverware.
Nobody should be thinking that 2nd is an achievement. What it is, in the context of where we were and where we are, is an indicator of progress. That's a positive thing.

NZT-One

You're not wrong. Obviously it would be better if the over-reactors on both sides were able to reign that in, but if this has to be a forum that veers towards the extremes - and it undoubtedly is that nowadays - then I would prefer to be a part of a community that is overly optimistic rather than what we see every time there is a setback. Its just a nicer place to be. We are, after all, supposed to be supporters of this football club. There is not nearly enough supporting going on in my view, but perhaps I'm in the minority these days.
Understood and respected. But I think, to support a club, it isn't necessarily necessary to be overly optimistic about one individual of the club. But I know, what you mean - still, everybody defines for him/herself how support looks like. And to be honest, I don't think, that the majority of people would really go for the sack right now. Again, there is a vocal group, maybe even more vocal after being (in parts a bit rightfully) mocked for a while. Actio => Reactio. I'd like to think, that the overwhelming majority is hoping for the club to be as successful as possible and that means continuity and performance-based credits. Sure, a few would chip in Conte or even Allegri - but I am pretty sure, the lesson with LVG and Mourinho has been learned.

hobbers

Nobody should be thinking that 2nd is an achievement. What it is, in the context of where we were and where we are, is an indicator of progress. That's a positive thing.
And if we finish second again with a lot more points and get through to the later stages of the CL this season that will be more progress.

If we don't then we've clearly gone as far as Ole can ever hope of taking us.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I agree with most of this, though I suspect a poll would have a large number of posters choosing to sack him, but the bold part is key here. Drawing at Southampton isn't an abysmal low, or even close to it really, and the fact that it gets treated as such by so many is largely what seems to be alienating certain people (myself included) on here and dragging this forum towards being a bit of an asylum. We simply aren't going to play fantastically well every week and we aren't going to win every game. We never have and we never will. Its unrealistic to expect that, yet it seems to be exactly what so many do expect.
I believe that we've finally reached the point where most of us on the Caf, even the people who still don't think that Solskjaer is the man who'll take us all the way back to the top, can agree that it would be nonsensical not to wait until the end of the season. Or at least until we've seen enough of the first-team with the new signings. Tbf, that's something Solskjaer has earned with the work he's done thus far. It may seem like the tiniest of concessions to you, (because you have more faith in his managerial ability than others), but judging from how internet discussions usually go nowadays, it's not a small thing.

Drawing at St. Mary's is certainly not the end of the world. It's only the beginning of the season and we'll get more than enough opportunities to make up for lost ground in the league. What was worrying, to an extent, was the performance. It was lethargic, timid and, in the end, we dropped two points not because the opposition played exceptionally well, but mostly because we kept making mistake after mistake. Furthermore, the vast majority of the game showcased our inability to play on the front-foot when we are not allowed space and time on the ball. I will take back the "abysmal" characterization and i will say instead that the first two games showed, once more, both our best qualities and our greatest weaknesses as a football side under Solskjaer.

Let's wait and see. The upcoming fixtures in the league will give us the opportunity to bed the new players in smoothly (no need to alter the tactics drastically because of the opposition) and i think that drawing Villareal so soon after the EL final, can be a blessing in disguise and a chance to prove (mostly to ourselves) that we just had a very bad day back in May.

RoyH1

At this point, aren't they just some bots operated from Liverpool somewhere?

Comet49

My worry about Ole is what will happen everyone’s fit. Playing Martial as striker against Southampton, was that to keep him happy?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I believe that we've finally reached the point where most of us on the Caf, even the people who still don't think that Solskjaer is the man who'll take us all the way back to the top, can agree that it would be nonsensical not to wait until the end of the season. Or at least until we've seen enough of the first-team with the new signings. Tbf, that's something Solskjaer has earned with the work he's done thus far. It may seem like the tiniest of concessions to you, (because you have more faith in his managerial ability than others), but judging from how internet discussions usually go nowadays, it's not a small thing.

Drawing at St. Mary's is certainly not the end of the world. It's only the beginning of the season and we'll get more than enough opportunities to make up for lost ground in the league. What was worrying, to an extent, was the performance. It was lethargic, timid and, in the end, we dropped two points not because the opposition played exceptionally well, but mostly because we kept making mistake after mistake. Furthermore, the vast majority of the game showcased our inability to play on the front-foot when we are not allowed space and time on the ball. I will take back the "abysmal" characterization and i will say instead that the first two games showed, once more, both our best qualities and our greatest weaknesses as a football side under Solskjaer.

Let's wait and see. The upcoming fixtures in the league will give us the opportunity to bed the new players in smoothly (no need to alter the tactics drastically because of the opposition) and i think that drawing Villareal so soon after the EL final, can be a blessing in disguise and a chance to prove (mostly to ourselves) that we just had a very bad day back in May.
Good post mate. The part in bold made me smile.

I think I'm probably not tailored to internet forums as they are nowadays. It was clear with our pre-season and watching the Leeds match that the squad were not all up to full match fitness yet, and we saw again there that we went from an 'only one winner here' situation with 25 minutes left, to almost hanging on for a point. This team aren't ready yet, so dropped points and ragged performances early on in the season was not a shock to me at all. In fact it was a near certainty, so I struggle to understand the panic. It just seems bizarre to me. Ridiculous.

As far as I'm concerned we haven't even seen this seasons team yet. Varane will be a game changer for our back 6 the same way Bruno was for the attack IMO. I'm enormously excited to see what this season has in store.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If he gets us top 4 again - he stays. His football is outdated and won't win us much but if he keeps us in the CL then fair enough.

Not getting out of this years' CL group would be bad, though. Serous question will be asked if that happens.

croadyman

If he gets us top 4 again - he stays. His football is outdated and won't win us much but if he keeps us in the CL then fair enough.

Not getting out of this years' CL group would be bad, though. Serous question will be asked if that happens.
Massively outdated but his status buys him so much time with many in our fanbase and can understand that to an extent

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Cavani, Ronaldo all on the same pitch with the same shirt?

Ole is building things that are unreal with players like Haaland even potentially joining us next year?

Why cry about a single season's expectations and stop this building in to something that could help us for years and years.

I'm patient and I'm loving it.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
PE Teacher at best in terms of coaching and tactical awareness.
My god….. a warning for this tweet!!!! Almost 100% of caf will agree with me on this post.

With due respect to mods, someone misused their power on this instance.

EDIT: Got one more warning for another post in another thread for comparing Ole’s coaching qualities to a PE teacher. Speaking truth is forbidden now? Unbelievable!!!!

@Wibble Do you think suspending me for 2 days for these two posts was reasonable? Really?

Last edited:

sugar_kane

My god….. a warning for this tweet!!!! Almost 100% of caf will agree with me on this post.

With due respect to mods, someone misused their power on this instance.

EDIT: Got one more warning for another post in another thread for comparing Ole’s coaching qualities to a PE teacher. Speaking truth is forbidden now? Unbelievable!!!!

@Wibble Do you think suspending me for 2 days for these two posts was reasonable? Really?
The PE teacher crack is the most tedious shit ever so you deserved the warning if only for being completely unoriginal.

If we want to read such wit as that we can jump on Twitter at any time of the day and see about 200 people saying it, also acting like they’re the first person ever to come up with it.

Originality aside, and even if you think Ole is the worst manager in the league it’s a stupid childish insult - do you literally believe someone working at the top level of football is as good as a PE teacher - what does that even mean??

Finally, bumping your own posts and acting like a victim is fecking lame.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
The PE teacher crack is the most tedious shit ever so you deserved the warning if only for being completely unoriginal.

If we want to read such wit as that we can jump on Twitter at any time of the day and see about 200 people saying it, also acting like they’re the first person ever to come up with it.

Originality aside, and even if you think Ole is the worst manager in the league it’s a stupid childish insult - do you literally believe someone working at the top level of football is as good as a PE teacher - what does that even mean??

Finally, bumping your own posts and acting like a victim is fecking lame.
Its not what I think, the truth is that Ole is the worst manager in the league and no other PL club will have him if and when he is sacked.

And as for PE teacher, I was not insulting him personally, I was clearly referring to his coaching qualities in comparison with the other top managers he is competing against (Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, ARTETA, etc.)

And I am not acting as a victim, not at all. I just wanted to know why my post comparing Ole’s coaching qualities to a PE teacher’s deserves a warning and a suspension. And not only on twitter, the PE teacher phrase was used here many times by other members as well. I am not sure if all of them were suspended.

yipthatman

Its not what I think, the truth is that Ole is the worst manager in the league and no other PL club will have him if and when he is sacked.

And as for PE teacher, I was not insulting him personally, I was clearly referring to his coaching qualities in comparison with the other top managers he is competing against (Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, ARTETA, etc.)

And I am not acting as a victim, not at all. I just wanted to know why my post comparing Ole’s coaching qualities to a PE teacher’s deserves a warning and a suspension. And not only on twitter, the PE teacher phrase was used here many times by other members as well. I am not sure if all of them were suspended.
P.E. teacher is a bit harsh. The whole set up is a championship/premier league academy level staff with a Champions league level squad and budget. Half the players know more about football than him (Ole). Its a complete mismatch and will only go one way from now on. Shame because he is tarnishing his legend status. He should walk for the good of the club to be honest. Money talks though.

Last edited:

RedStarUnited

Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Cavani, Ronaldo all on the same pitch with the same shirt?

Ole is building things that are unreal with players like Haaland even potentially joining us next year?

Why cry about a single season's expectations and stop this building in to something that could help us for years and years.

I'm patient and I'm loving it.
Yet all you have done recently is slag Ronaldo haha.

Bebestation

Yet all you have done recently is slag Ronaldo haha.
Ole has always been more a DOF than a manager. Plenty of us said so at the start.

The problem is not that Ronaldo is here - the problem is that Ronaldo has come here with him starting every single game, being unhappy if he is on the bench even for 45 mins (45 mins we control the game in). If he was like Cavani who could come off the bench sometimes and start the game sometimes I think it would be better - building your team completely around a 36 year old poacher shows the weaknesses of the manager we have and the problems such a fantastic player on the decline can bring.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Ole has always been more a DOF than a manager. Plenty of us said so at the start.

The problem is not that Ronaldo is here - the problem is that Ronaldo has come here with him starting every single game, being unhappy if he is on the bench even for 45 mins (45 mins we control the game in). If he was like Cavani who could come off the bench sometimes and start the game sometimes I think it would be better - building your team completely around a 36 year old poacher shows the weaknesses of the manager we have and the problems such a fantastic player on the decline can bring.
How's he a good dof when he spent 400m and still have a glaring gap in the midfield. Talking about long term vision

Bebestation

How's he a good dof when he spent 400m and still have a glaring gap in the midfield. Talking about long term vision
He has sold/got rid of nearly 40 players here. It was not a blank cheque book as many people think. He got rid of alot of shit and did improve it.

I know a lot of people are hurt at the moment but the reason people want him sacked is because they think this squad can win a title but Ole can't manage towards it.

I'd say that we would have gone for a midfielder this season had he potentially been cheaper (rice) and we also got Sancho last season as planned.

Anyway, Ole is not good enough but people feel this squad can win a title and are left dissapointed by his management. That says all you have to say about his tenure.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
P.E. teacher is a bit harsh. The whole set up is however, a championship/premier league academy level manager and staff with a Champions league level squad and budget. Half the players know more about football than him. Its a complete mismatch and will only go one way from now on. Shame because he is tarnishing his legend status. He should walk for the good of the club to be honest. Money talks though.
I was always against appointing him as the permanent manager. He came this far only because of the individual brilliance of players who bailed him out numerous times. Without Bruno, he would have been long gone. And yea, Ole really is a PE teacher in terms of coaching qualities in front ofPep, Klopp, Tuchel, etc.

tomaldinho1

The Glazers are in Dubai to bid for an IPL team.
More important matters to attend to! I guess in their minds they don’t care at all what happens as long as they’re making money and there’s probably more social media activity right now than ever. Probably give Ole a new contract just to profit some the social media storm that follows.

romufc

More important matters to attend to! I guess in their minds they don’t care at all what happens as long as they’re making money and there’s probably more social media activity right now than ever. Probably give Ole a new contract just to profit some the social media storm that follows.
Yep, it is obvious that that's the only thing that matters. We can all sit here saying Ole this Ole that but what is he to do?

There is no chance that a Manutd manager will walk away from a job because he thinks he is incompetent. You take the job on because you can have faith in yourself.

It is up to the people running the club, to realise that this man is not capable of managing us to success, if thats what the club want.

The club want top 4, Ole will most likely be able to deliver that, taking the pressure off the Glazers and onto himself, never call out the board, just prod along.

Sign a big player to get a 2 week bounce, create media headlines. Thats all United are.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’m genuinely surprised there was no news overnight. He seems untouchable.
I don't think they take note of the day to day results of the club.

All they look at is whether he met his targets. Top 4, cup run etc

Until he's out of every cup and too distant in the league I can't see him being kicked out. He literally just signed a new deal about a month ago so compensation would be high also.

led_scholes

He has sold/got rid of nearly 40 players here. It was not a blank cheque book as many people think. He got rid of alot of shit and did improve it.

I know a lot of people are hurt at the moment but the reason people want him sacked is because they think this squad can win a title but Ole can't manage towards it.

I'd say that we would have gone for a midfielder this season had he potentially been cheaper (rice) and we also got Sancho last season as planned.

Anyway, Ole is not good enough but people feel this squad can win a title and are left dissapointed by his management. That says all you have to say about his tenure.
Who are the 40 players he sold? Smalling, james and Lukaku are the only big sells. Then you have Damian, Fellaini, Young, TFM who in sum brought 10 millions, Herrera who wanted to leave, and Sanchez and Rojo who we paid them to leave. Meanwhile, he has spent 400 millions - 50 in players he doesn't even use, and we have paid for okayish players world record fees in their position (AWB and Maguire).

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

You including academy players in the list of 40? We still have a load of players that he doesn't use in the squad.

DoF my ass, he's crap at it too.