Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?

Siorac

Maybe not, but then that's all the less reason to expect instant gratification.
Sure but look at it from the other perspective as well: any prolonged downturn in form evokes depressing memories. As in, 'oh here we go again, limping to somewhere between 4th and 6th like every fecking year'. It feels like we've seen it all before and nothing is going to change.

OrcaFat

if you need telling....

see #514
Looked at that post but I don’t know what you mean. I’m not sure I need telling exactly. I just wonder where you personally are setting the bar as something that “works”. You not obliged to say, of course.

justsomebloke

Sure but look at it from the other perspective as well: any prolonged downturn in form evokes depressing memories. As in, 'oh here we go again, limping to somewhere between 4th and 6th like every fecking year'. It feels like we've seen it all before and nothing is going to change.
That's no reason to let feelings run amok like we're toddlers. Getting there takes time and patience and serious work. Just because we want it, that doesn't mean we can expect to get it already.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Funny how these Ole out posters wind up fans so much with their absolute nonsense but then it’s the fans trying to defend the club or manager with reason that gets the warnings

OrcaFat

Reminder that United haven't even challenged for a league title in eight seasons now. We haven't been served a perfect pint in almost a decade. It's not exactly shocking that people aren't optimistic.
I’m old. I can’t remember last week, never mind, gasp, eight years ago.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Who got a warning and what did he/she say?
I don’t know it was a warning but had the content control, was a bit of a cry of a post to be fair by United number one fan goldtrafford but even though he really does like his support for United and goes over the top you can tell he means well and it does get frustrating reading the same can’t coach or no tactics comments

I don’t know it was a warning but had the content control, was a bit of a cry of a post to be fair by United number one fan goldtrafford but even though he really does like his support for United and goes over the top you can tell he means well and it does get frustrating reading the same can’t coach or no tactics comments
So are you alright if I call you a gobshite?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
#BringBackSammsky

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Ok you throw that out there, but can you back it up? Who in the squad has a higher potential that Ole has not unlocked? Unless you have hard proof of players doing much better under a different coaching staff you dont really know if they are underperforming or just have reached their peak. Like we cant demand that he has McTomminay playing like a prime Scholes, because maybe (probably) the player does not have that in his locker

As i said, the way Martial, Rashford and DDG plays now (among others) is incredibly dissapointing as we all know they are capable of much, much better. Regarding Rashford i actually do think Ole has a job to do as playing too much within himself at the moment and its Oles job to sort him out.

Martial and De Gea though? Martial has been like this under 3 different managers now. A period of brilliance followed by absoloute shite. I sincerly doubt hes ever going to snap out of that pattern and honestly we should just cut our losses with him. Same thing with De Gea. His reflexes are not what they once where and i really doubt hes going to start to improve his weaknesses now

As i said in my other post, Klopp has signed 27 players at his time at Pool and regarding player development, hes probably the best there is. He still saw the need to replace pretty much the entire starting XI and bench he inherited from Rodgers. Could he have improved some of the players? Sure, but i really doubt he would have won anything of note if he still had the likes of Benteke and Sakho plodding around
Name any player other than Shaw who has actually improved under Ole and that is actually at a level required for us.

It's as simple as that, most of the squad have stagnated during his time and they're practically the same as they were when Ole took the job.

Stop going on and on about the lack of quality players, Ole has shown nothing during his time with us that he can help develop players and getting in more quality players will still lead to the same issues in the long run and it'll only cost more to fix the squad.

The Man Utd way was supposed to be bringing in young talents and developing them into world class players under Sir Alex and Sir Matt, and yet everybody just wants to bring in new shiny signings because they've given up on the young players we have developing any further.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Do you think that would make a good forum if we all went round calling each other gobshite’s & another names?
No, I tell you what else doesn’t make a good forum, every thread that one enters there’s posts mocking or slating Ole so maybe more content should be quality controlled

wolvored

If I’ve been speaking constant nonsense I suppose so
Yes but thats only from his or your perspective. Others think hes talking nonsense. Would he say it to someones face in a debate that was in a pub for example?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yes but thats only from his or your perspective. Others think hes talking nonsense. Would he say it to someones face in a debate that was in a pub for example?
Ok fair enough, yes there’s different views and opinions I get that. But the hyperbole posts about Ole and how he can’t coach are on another level and deserve to be called out occasionally or it gets out of hand, like the Ole out thread we had while we were on an unbeaten run

wolvored

No, I tell you what else doesn’t make a good forum, every thread that one enters there’s posts mocking or slating Ole so maybe more content should be quality controlled
Yes but as you say its a forum for debate. If everyone agreed with one another it wouldnt be a good forum. Why do some people on here take it to heart? Its supposed to be a bit of fun. Whatevers said on here wont change anything regarding Ole, players, the staff or club one jot.

laughtersassassin

It should be #OleMaybe.

As in Maybe keep him and maybe don't. Wait to see how the rest of the season plays out at this stage.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yes but as you say its a forum for debate. If everyone agreed with one another it wouldnt be a good forum. Why do some people on here take it to heart? Its supposed to be a bit of fun. Whatevers said on here wont change anything regarding Ole, players, the staff or club one jot.
I’m not taking it to heart and I’m not saying it’s not for debate. If you can’t see the difference then that’s fine too

wolvored

Ok fair enough, yes there’s different views and opinions I get that. But the hyperbole posts about Ole and how he can’t coach are on another level and deserve to be called out occasionally or it gets out of hand, like the Ole out thread we had while we were on an unbeaten run
Sorry was typing to your other reply and didnt see you had answered at the same time

justsomebloke

Name any player other than Shaw who has actually improved under Ole and that is actually at a level required for us.

It's as simple as that, most of the squad have stagnated during his time and they're practically the same as they were when Ole took the job.

Stop going on and on about the lack of quality players, Ole has shown nothing during his time with us that he can help develop players and getting in more quality players will still lead to the same issues in the long run and it'll only cost more to fix the squad.

The Man Utd way was supposed to be bringing in young talents and developing them into world class players under Sir Alex and Sir Matt, and yet everybody just wants to bring in new shiny signings because they've given up on the young players we have developing any further.
That is incredibly inaccurate. Rashford, Martial, Fred, Lindelof, Greenwood, even Pogba. Rashford wasn't even regular under Mourinho, Martial was better last season than at any previous point, Fred was a joke before OGS. Lindelof was worse. Pogba was a perennisl disappointment and were not performing. And Greenwood wasn't even remotely close to playing in the PL.

Yep I know.
So don’t get so upset about it, you’re on a forum for debate, expect people to have different opinions from you.
I get that sometimes it’s frustrating, and I have one of the most aggressive tones on here, but feck me posting like Gold Trafford is ludicrous, you get the feeling he was just about to throw his laptop at the wall because of some people on an online forum don’t agree with him about a person he doesn’t know.

People should always try to remember that being a fan of a football club in the first place is a pretty ridiculous thing.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

I agree with all your points but surely as the board if you don’t trust the manager to spend funds why is he still employed? Ole will be fighting a losing battle next season if he’s not provided with funds to strengthen weaknesses in the squad. Positions we knew were weak last summer and wasted £40m of a tight budget on a fringe player. Do we blame Ole for that decision or someone else?

My point is if we are at that stage with Ole he needs to go on the summer. The tricky question is who do we replace him with? I wanted Poch whilst he was available. It seems a better fit to me. Ole will always have questions marks around him as he has no right to get the job at a club the size of Manchester United.
I agree and this is the issue with hiring a manager who has had zero experience in top flight football bar the disastrous Cardiff stint - there is no track record or proof of work to fall back on.

Poch is relatively young, I'm sure he will become available again but if anything Ole's appointment should have taught us of the importance of signing a manager based off their philosophy and then giving them a season or so before heavily backing them. It should also teach us that there are many many qualified managers available right now - I'd go as far as to say most PL managers have 'better' managerial experiences than him and so we shouldn't look at the problem as 'who is available and has a good enough reputation' we should look at who is coaching a team to be better than the sum of their parts and who is playing decent attacking football.

My stance on Ole, I hope, is reasonable. I have little faith in him longer term but I think it would be a real failure not to get top four especially when you factor in the wider story of the league so far (Chelsea awful start, Liverpool implosion, Spurs hiring Mou) so he should get until May unless we nose dive out of the top four. Then I think we can look back on a large period of Ole's work and ask the question is this good enough. If it is, we back him and if it's not we bring in a new manager with new ideas.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So don’t get so upset about it, you’re on a forum for debate, expect people to have different opinions from you.
I get that sometimes it’s frustrating, and I have one of the most aggressive tones on here, but feck me posting like Gold Trafford is ludicrous, you get the feeling he was just about to throw his laptop at the wall because of some people on an online forum don’t agree with him about a person he doesn’t know.
I’m not upset, you’ve assumed that. I just pointed out no matter how much crap or snarky comments gets posted about Ole it’s fair game for some reason, even in threads that have nothing to do with him. That doesn’t make me upset :) just miffed at how people think and why they enjoy doing it so much.

there’s a difference between different opinions and just silly one liners trying to look funny but actually are totally false. I guess you know that too but are framing them as opinions, which is cool too.

edit: I should add I actually like the difference of opinion, when I see posts saying Ole should be sacked today and Pirlo should replace him I genuinely laugh, I’m not here to get upset about opinions. I will admit that reading a thread that’s not related to Ole yet you get a few posters bouncing off each other with their snarky comments about how shit Ole is, that doesn’t make me laugh but just think they’re nobs, I usually stay quiet about it, I guess goldtrafford took the bait

Last edited:

elmo

That is incredibly inaccurate. Rashford, Martial, Fred, Lindelof, Greenwood, even Pogba. Rashford wasn't even regular under Mourinho, Martial was better last season than at any previous point, Fred was a joke before OGS. Lindelof was worse. Pogba was a perennisl disappointment and were not performing. And Greenwood wasn't even remotely close to playing in the PL.
Apart from Pogba, none of them should be starters with their consistency problem and quality.

And for all of Jose's faults, he still won the Europa and got second with players that Ole deemed not good and he downed tools once he realised the board no longer wanted to back him because all they want is top 4. Let's wait till Ole achieves something other than top 4 before hailing him as some sort of genius for coaching turds to the top 4.

Our players are better than most people give them credit for, but somehow people love to discredit them because they're not able to play their best every game. That's the point of the manager which is to find a system and get them to give their best every game. At least that's how it used to be under Sir Alex.

mu4c_20le

Funny how these Ole out posters wind up fans so much with their absolute nonsense but then it’s the fans trying to defend the club or manager with reason that gets the warnings
Not sure why anyone would get wound up by them tbh, I just treat them like trump supporters, but instead of reminding them that Biden is their president, replace that with Ole is your manager. If people want to live their life unhappy, don't waste your time trying to change that.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Not sure why anyone would get wound up by them tbh, I just treat them like trump supporters, but instead of reminding them that Biden is their president, replace that with Ole is your manager. If people want to live their life unhappy, don't waste your time trying to change that.
:lol: I fully agree

justsomebloke

Apart from Pogba, none of them should be starters with their consistency problem and quality.

And for all of Jose's faults, he still won the Europa and got second with players that Ole deemed not good and he downed tools once he realised the board no longer wanted to back him because all they want is top 4. Let's wait till Ole achieves something other than top 4 before hailing him as some sort of genius for coaching turds to the top 4.

Our players are better than most people give them credit for, but somehow people love to discredit them because they're not able to play their best every game. That's the point of the manager which is to find a system and get them to give their best every game. At least that's how it used to be under Sir Alex.
Make your mind up what your point is. You started out with players not being improved, now it's titles not being won. But that would no doubt be different with a manager with enough sense to bench Rashford and Fred.

Edit, On second thoughts, I really shouldn't rely on sarcasm. Because it's hard to tell the difference around here.

elmo

Make your mind up what your point is. You started out with players not being improved, now it's titles not being won. But that would no doubt be different with a manager with enough sense to bench Rashford and Fred.
He got rid of a squad which won the Europa and got second and replaced them with players who aren't as good as them because he was banking on their development to be better than those he got rid.

Shit isn't that hard.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
or maybe Tuanzebe is yet another overrated kid in similar lines to John Curtis, Ronnie Wallwork, Jonny Evans and Micheal Keane. Its very hard to make the grade at United.
Seeing Jonny Evans and Michael Keane playing in the league, makes me wonder if we could have spent the Maguire money someplace else.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

AWB, Rashford, McTomminay, Greenwood, Fred have improved. Whether or not they are the required level is another story. And there there are loads of examples over the years of players not making the grade here, both from the academy and from outside. Was it Fergies fault that Welbeck never made it big? Was it LvG's fault that Depay flopped? Is it Ole's fault that Chong does not look like PL quality?

You're not even engaging with the premise of the argument, and you keep dodging the fact that both Pep and Klopp assembled their squads through the market rather than develeoping them on their own. Hell, besides Foden and TAA, do any of them play any academy players?

And i'll ask again: If Nagelsmann came in tommorow. Do you expect him to win the league with the current squad?

OrcaFat

If we miss top 4 this season he has to go
It would be a shame and all that but I agree.

But I’m not sure that’s where Denis was heading but maybe I’m missing something.

I’ve always said that Ole should be judged over a long period and on the basis of ultimate league position. I have to say then that 5th is not good enough, and I would be amazed if Ole was not sacked at that point. I don’t have any insider knowledge (spoiler alert) but my guess would be there are simple criteria used by the board to trigger dismissal (subject to exceptional mitigating circumstances) and not finishing top 4 is surely on the list (along with spitting in Joel’s cappuccino etc).

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
or maybe Tuanzebe is yet another overrated kid in similar lines to John Curtis, Ronnie Wallwork, Jonny Evans and Micheal Keane. Its very hard to make the grade at United.
He's already proven himself at a higher level than Curtis and Wallwork - he has had some good games against good opposition. Jonny Evans has had a decent career in the PL and Keane that same. In fact LVG actually admitted he was wrong to sell Keane. The latter two could absolutely play for us right now.

It always remains to be seen whether a youngster will achieve their potential, there's so many factors and hurdles to cross. That doesn't mean you just write them off unless they are drastically underachieving. Let's not forget he is also young for a CB. Ole wrecked his confidence after a good game vs PSG by dragging him off against Istanbul when he wasn't really to blame, with no game time in between. Crap management. He should have been given games rather than having to wait another 4 games to get to build on a good performance.