Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?

arnie_ni

Because we appear to be in our usual slump with ole that we get every year and by the end of it we could easily be 5th or 6th. We have Chelsea and City in our next 3 games

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
So you got it wrong, I'm not backing a manager for the sake of it - yet I have seen him rebuild the squad to a great level that i have not seen with 4 managers before him (including the last few years of SAF).

We are literally 4 gaps in the first team away from having a balanced squad in nearly 15 years (because I didnt rate SAF's final years of his team).
Fergie won the title with that team and barely spent anything in his last few years. That's what a good manager, one befitting of this club, can bring you.

Giving Ole props on the rebuild is a bit premature too. There's big question marks over most of his signings. Plus he sold the players that everyone on here wanted to sell. If one of us were in charge we'd have at least got that bit right too is my point.

It's like singing the praises of a new prime minister because he can spell his name right, whilst his policies and the actual stuff that matters is potentially not going to work in the long run.

Oldyella

It’s Twitter, people throwing a hissy fit after a result, tends to happen a lot. Now watch this thread suddenly turn into another Ole sack thread.
Exactly. Its twitter. It could be 50% opposition fans, 50% Ole supporters arguing the toss about what's trending, anything. Twitter is a load of balls basically and anything trending should be ignored.

dove

"we are clearly the 2nd best team in the league right now" :lol: Some of you either don't watch our games or live in a parallel universe.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Fergie won the title with that team and barely spent anything in his last few years. That's what a good manager, one befitting of this club, can bring you.

Giving Ole props on the rebuild is a bit premature too. There's big question marks over most of his signings. Plus he sold the players that everyone on here wanted to sell. If one of us were in charge we'd have at least got that bit right too is my point.

It's like singing the praises of a new prime minister because he can spell his name right, whilst his policies and the actual stuff that matters is potentially not going to work in the long run.
Whether Ole will ever win anything or not is debatable, but the bolded part for me is something he has done well. As you rightly say, a blind man could see it, but only someone who actually cares about the long term would push for it. The reason we ended up with the likes of Sanchez etc is the short term approach taken by previous managers, who only cared about their own success.

I have the utmost confidence that Ole will leave the squad in a better place than he found it, which is a hell of an upgrade on all our managers post Fergie. The job isnt finished yet either, there's still another 4 or 5 players which we need to move on which i'm confident Ole will achieve. I dont think you can belittle this work, if it was so easy, the previous management would have done it.

I think the squad that Ole inherited was in bad shape and needed a lot of repair work, and for me that work is being done and we're starting to look a lot better as a result, by no means the finished article but a lot further forward than we were.

M Bison

Supports
York City
"we are clearly the 2nd best team in the league right now" :lol: Some of you either don't watch our games or live in a parallel universe.
Who is the 2nd best team in the league in your view, out of interest, and how do you measure it?

Rojofiam

"NO PROGRESS"? :lol: Why does he even bother with watching football? Clearly wasting his time

Dr. StrangeHate

There is more room for growth in this team due to age and most of the players wanting to be here. Let's also not forget DDG had super human performances during that year. A CB, a DM and a RW and we are up there imo with the best.
Do we need a RW when we already have the best attack in the league?

dove

Who is the 2nd best team in the league in your view, out of interest, and how do you measure it?
The "clearly" part is what it makes a ridiculous statement. As they say the table never lies so we possibly are the 2nd best team right now (although the bar is admittedly very low this season). However we are nowhere near "clearly" 2nd best. There is nothing between us and the next 6-7 teams below and I think we are finishing outside TOP 4.

Dr. StrangeHate

Because we appear to be in our usual slump with ole that we get every year and by the end of it we could easily be 5th or 6th. We have Chelsea and City in our next 3 games
Whenever Ole's job is under question be gets a result. This has been a consistent feature throughout his time here. I expect us to beat atleast one of them.

GBBQ

if you use the league table as your metric then we're joint second with Leicester so that's not 'clearly' second best from that point of view
if you go on recent form then its definitely not United because we have a loss and a draw to the bottom 2 teams
if its second best on paper then I'd still say we're behind Liverpool and Chelsea in terms of overall squad (injuries omitted)

City are the best team in England right now and then below that are about 6 teams who, if you were to take a look at a random game week from the season so far, looked slightly better than the rest and attempted to break away (only to mess up and fall back into the peloton).

Its fine,. we've made progress and a few top class signings in the summer would really push us up a level but we're not clearly second best and we could slip down the table and out of CL places quite easily given the number of teams vying for a top 4 finish this year.

So ole in for sure but if we don't get top 4 having topped the table in January then serious questions would need to be asked.

M Bison

Supports
York City
if you use the league table as your metric then we're joint second with Leicester so that's not 'clearly' second best from that point of view
if you go on recent form then its definitely not United because we have a loss and a draw to the bottom 2 teams
if its second best on paper then I'd still say we're behind Liverpool and Chelsea in terms of overall squad (injuries omitted)

City are the best team in England right now and then below that are about 6 teams who, if you were to take a look at a random game week from the season so far, looked slightly better than the rest and attempted to break away (only to mess up and fall back into the peloton).

Its fine,. we've made progress and a few top class signings in the summer would really push us up a level but we're not clearly second best and we could slip down the table and out of CL places quite easily given the number of teams vying for a top 4 finish this year.

So ole in for sure but if we don't get top 4 having topped the table in January then serious questions would need to be asked.
Yes agree, makes sense. I'd also be questioning Ole's position if we dont make top 4 this season, especially given the results the likes of Liverpool have had this year.

Chairman Steve

I’d say 1 win from 5 league games is a valid cause for concern, and apart from Pogba last week there’s been no major injuries to incur such a drop in form. I can forgive losing Sheff Utd as a ‘shit happens’ and even drawing away to Arsenal... but now we’re throwing away stupid points and old niggles that people had with this regime are surfacing again, like the over reliance on individual brilliance, being completely stumped by teams parking the bus and favouritism towards out of form players.

Roboc7

Should be fairly easy to understand why someone who never should have got the job and is extremely unlikely to be good enough to win anything significant is going to have his critics.

Maybe against all the odds he’ll be a success but more than likely he won’t. He also seems less likely to implode or fall apart so could plod along for few years, not bad enough to be sacked, not good enough to take team forward. Basically Arsenal in their top four years and a lot of fans would probably be happy with that for some reason.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yes but it clearly is having a bearing because I am absolutely convinced Woody hasn't the stones to sack him
All I’ve seen the last two days is you crying about Ole. Who do you think should replace him today if he’s so bad?

As for the flannel who tweeted all that nonsense with daily star style CAPS, who even is he

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A thread about a Twitter trend. Why not just start the reverse trend if it bothers you so much? Unless posters here are making it trend and were addressing their views?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Right so we have to look for the next Fergie in Ole?

Is that why people are talking about Brendan Rodgers here? Buying Fabio borini and iago aspas and Joe allen at Liverpool whilst relying on the individual brilliance on Coutinho?

Even if Ole's signings have had a question mark over them (which I dont agree with)- do you atleast see that he has done a good job in selling the dead wood for once?

If you do then you can see that we are a very near a balanced squad of the right type of quality and we just have to try for the right players like Sancho, Konate, Kounde, a world class CDM, Grealish and Haaland - atleast one of them looks like we will try for them and hopefully get them.

People like the way that Ole is building United. I'm not a particularly the biggest fan of his football (for example I love the 433 but hate the 4231) - but beggars cant be choosers.

All it takes is Ole to be sacked, for us to get hyped about a manager like Brendan Rodgers doing well off his previous managers/DOF's player and for him to come over here and buy Mignolet and Joe allen, or Pochettino to buy Delle Alli and Sanchez.

I started off with being an Ole Out guy - but as I have seen the squad depth improve and the quality it includes; i don't care about not winning a title until we have a squad where we look at Ole and say "you should have won a title with this squad, you have to go".

People are saying it now for some reason when our RCB is Lindelof, De Gea is worse than ever, our RW is under 23 and a striker, our strikers are hated or ageing and our CDM is near 40 because he was a Mourinho favourite.

If you think a manager could have won a title with this squad then so be it, I never thought so.

I feel like people over rate this squad and some people say its Oles pure fault when it fails to win a title whilst the people who never rated alot of this squad over the decade had not been surprised and only wants to see more deadwood leave the United cupboard and for us to replace them and the gaps in our squad that we havent had since SAFs final seasons where he covered up everything by signing RVP ( another individual brilliance based signing)

OleBoiii

Because our supporters are whiny and have unrealistic expectations of a squad that's frankly not that good and has been over-performing for a several months. The same people who are all doom and gloom now would have bitten your hand off before the season started if you offered them 2nd place after 24 games played, even if the margin has shrunk in recent weeks.

But sure, let's pretend that we actually have the 2nd best team on paper and that City only is marginally stronger. Let's pretend that our summer transfer window wasn't shite. Let's pretend that Martial is a master of consistency, that Rashford makes genius decisions when he approaches the box, that Cavani scores for fun, that we have a calming DM who makes us tick, and that Lindelöf is a beast of a defender.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It has to be Liverpool given their achievements and performance levels in recent years. They're in a bad patch with poor form and injuries but they're levels above us as a football team I'm afraid.

I mean, surely if we drop points next week, are Leicester the new 2nd best team in England? The table is of course important but I think crowning ourselves as 3rd or 2nd best a bit small time. What matters if we are capable of winning big trophies or not. And if we aren't then how far off are we. I'd say we're significantly behind City and in terms of chances of major success, were behind Liverpool for sure, and in the rest of the pack alongside the likes of Chelsea. We aren't the "best of the rest" or anything.

However we have made some progress for sure. While that is a positive the question is always, for me, are we on our way to the top? I don't think so. Not yet anyway.

Because the papered over cracks are coming undone again. Ole has done a good job with the players, bringing the right ones in, clearing the wrong ones out, and motivating the squad to play to their level. I can't fault him there.

However, none of that changes the awful coaching we have had and continue to have. Our tactics and in game management are embarrassingly bad and Ole hasn't improved things one bit in over 2 years of trying. If we set ourselves up wrong for a game and don't start well, we pin everything on Bruno pulling something special out of his locker. Ole and the coaches have no answers. It doesn't matter how long we give him, as long as that doesn't change we will always fall short. If he can't learn, and after 2 years it's getting less likely that he can, we need to start thinking about who else would be a better fit.

It is not the end of the world, SAF was not the best coach either, but he made sure he had guys like Quieroz and Meulensteen around him who were the best. Ole hasn't recognised the shortcomings and its likely he never will. He's not a disaster and will keep us around the top 4 with a more serious challenge here and there. No rash decisions need to be taken but the board needs to keep an eye out for a manager who could take us further than that.

Zlatattack

In my mind it'll likely be #oleout eventually. We'll probably finish second or third this season. I doubt we'll better that next season, especially if everyone else can get thier mojo back.

I don't think he can get the team playing consistently.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Tuchels start at Chelsea hasn't helped Ole one bit. Gone from a crap defense to a solid unit who due to not conceding are back to winning games. We could do with a little bit of that. Ole has done a lot of things right but his inability to fix this defense and reliance on Bruno plus Martial, DDG and Lindelöf will be the death of any manager. Like Ole but we should be doing a bit better and that defense is as bad as anything I've seen here before it.
Didn’t Ole come here and win 10’in a row with one draw, did people also start cumming immediately over Arteta when he won a game. Yet you’re using Tuchel winning 3 easy games in a row to make some kind of point?

Denis' cuff

Because most "fans" out there grew up on a diet of dominance under Sir Alex, and can't understand that things have changed and the competition is stiffer with Man City boasting a truly world class squad. These "fans" think that managing a football club is like FM and are incredibly impatient, without taking into account the actual good work and progress Ole has made in the past few years.

To be honest I still feel like we are in a team in transition, but still doing really well all things considered. Even in last night's game, I felt we battered WBA and they were lucky to get away with a point. It's a lot better than how we looked under Mourinho for sure and Ole deserves more time to shape this team. Most of these so-called "fans" are trolls or just can't see things realistically.
postage

not even trolls, never mind fans - just clueless

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Wtf. No it’s not, what does that even mean :lol:

stu_1992

Seeing threads like this is depressing. Now I remember why I stayed away from the forum after the result yesterday. We should be nowhere near anyone calling for Ole out. Yes we're in a poor period compared to earlier in the season, but I don't think it will last. It was never a realistic expectation for us to win the league this season, but I know it did feel good feeling like we were in the race for a while. I don't believe anyone can say top 4 is in threat at the moment, everyone around us is dropping points unexpectedly too (except City obviously), we just have to pick ourselves up soon. I still think we're good for second. To my eyes there is still clear progress this season. The defense is a clear weak point and has to be addressed this summer. I think the manager knows that already. I guess some will say we should have played Bailly yesterday, but he probably wasn't fully fit. Just back form injury. He's quite clearly been better than Lindelof recently but capable of some absolute shockers as well so it's not like that's a sure thing either.

rememberwhenwewerekings

At the moment we’re second best in the league, because we are second, do we play the 2nd best football in the league? Hell no. But a season is over 38 games and currently with 24 games played in this weird season we have equipped ourselves well enough to be in the second spot.

A lot of United fans go into Oleout mode when we lose or draw matches we should on paper have won especially when they believe they can see clear Ole mistakes Eg: In game management, Oles favourites etc.

City, pool and even Chelsea were a long time in the making most of their managers when sacked/left built blocks for the next manager to build on, We have not done this post fergie,We have just picked managers who when sacked left the club in the same mess as when they came in.

I am not a Ole in fanboy but I respect what he has done and believe this was definitely needed, However I don’t believe he’ll take us to that prem title/champions league status but we have to be intelligent with our recruitment. If Ole was sacked tomorrow who would come in and build on what he has done?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Literally everyone in the league is having issues at the moment bar City.

Yes it could be better but I really don't think it's that bad. We were never going to win the league this year and as long as we're in a good league position I think it's slow progress. Signings needed in the summer for sure though.

Smores

I'm not Ole out (yet) but if we were being fair this forum spent years saying results against the big teams was the telling sign and a necessity of a united manager. For some reason people no longer care about that.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If ole got the boot. Chances are his whole coaching team will follow the door.

James
Awb is a suspect with modern attacking coach who will likely want a functional full back who can move forward.
Martial meh
Scott is a good backup
Lindeloff
James

Lack of proper cm bar bruno and pogba.

Lack of striker and rw

Basically the next manager arent exactly taking a good team ready to compete

Paul_Scholes18

We need a doctor of football and not a simple PE teacher or at least give us quality teacher that knows how to teach attacking patterns.

pocco

loco
Literally everyone in the league is having issues at the moment bar City.

Yes it could be better but I really don't think it's that bad. We were never going to win the league this year and as long as we're in a good league position I think it's slow progress. Signings needed in the summer for sure though.
What issues do you mean? City have had worse injuries than us, including to De Bruyne. I think it's unfair to say the have no issues, just because they have dealt with things better. We have done quite well with injuries this year.

arthurka

Didn’t Ole come here and win 10’in a row with one draw, did people also start cumming immediately over Arteta when he won a game. Yet you’re using Tuchel winning 3 easy games in a row to make some kind of point?
No not really just saying he seems to have tighten up a leaky defense. What Chelsea are going through is a normal manager bounce but their defensive change has been impressive or at least I think so.
I am not Ole out in no way or form but he now has over 2 years here and our defense is shambolic as a unit, that can´t be ignored.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What issues do you mean? City have had worse injuries than us, including to De Bruyne. I think it's unfair to say the have no issues, just because they have dealt with things better. We have done quite well with injuries this year.
I just meant issues as in playing badly/poor form really. Every team is struggling to put consistency together apart from City. Just seems a bit weird to get furious at the team/manager who are 'only' doing the second best in this difficult season.

pocco

loco
I'm not Ole out (yet) but if we were being fair this forum spent years saying results against the big teams was the telling sign and a necessity of a united manager. For some reason people no longer care about that.
The goalposts constantly move, no doubt about that. There's a huge elephant in the room with regards to comments on Jose's playing style, excuses for his 2nd place finish and cup wins. Yet they're all forgotten about now and the ones previously dismissing his 'achievements' here are now using the same excuses for Ole, before he has even achieved any of the same stuff.

pocco

loco
I just meant issues as in playing badly/poor form really. Every team is struggling to put consistency together apart from City. Just seems a bit weird to get furious at the team/manager who are 'only' doing the second best in this difficult season.
There was a period where City were dropping points and playing really poorly though. I don't think you can just dismiss this as an issue, as that's unfair on Pep who has turned it around. It wouldn't be dismissed so lightly if the shoe were on the other foot.