Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Going from 6th to 3ed to second now. Evolution, best attack in the league and an over all heathy atmosphere at the club. We are 2 or 3 very good players away from being the best imo. Look what is happening to pool after having one or 2 key players out; that is a similar place where we are.
:nono:
Dont speak sense. Liverpool have a well coached team but look a shadow of their former selves without their main players in the team. Literally 8 out of 11 is near top class to world class in that team. We are just starting to build that sort of depth and quality in the first team but people cant wait for that last switch - to sell a Lovren or Lindelof for a better CB next to Maguire. To ditch a Mignolet or a Karius for an Allison. To add some defensive ability in midfield to allow more further forward play through a player like Fabinho.To buy a Salah on the RW.

People just cant wait for that switch. They cant see what Ole is done because they only crave for instant trophies similar to my ex girlfriends being gold diggers.

croadyman

So you guys implying we should sack Ole after we have the best away run since I can't remember, in the middle of February?

How is that not a kneejerk reaction?
I never wanted him appointed back in March 2019

Greck

Fact is because some fans saw Klopp changing Liverpool in 2 years they want every manager to do that at United.

They begged for Mourinho and pretended like it didnt happen and we are still near that 2nd year progress after utilising a much more balanced but young team.

The fans that cried out for Mourinho then talk about the RB Leipzig manager acting like he did anything worth to cry about in 2 years like Klopp did.

Klopp is an anomaly and not every manager will be him.

Ole maybe a manager who isnt well coaching and only relies on top class individual abilities - however I'd be happy to see that continue and for us to buy more players with individual abilities (like how we targeted Haaland and Sancho, maybe even Grealish in the last 2 years) - then sack Ole if he isnt bringing such players to their best ability.

There is people crying about why we havent used Bailly when he was just injured in the last couple of weeks. We have significant gaps in the first team that should have been improved upon. Another transfer window goes where nothing happens and surprise - some fans crave a new manager whilst some fans crave for a CDM, RW a RCB and a ST.
Could have sworn Ole's biggest backers were the ones putting him on the Klopp trajectory. I'm guessing that comparison is no longer favourable to them

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
It's why I've been maintaining my stance that if Ole wasn't a former fan favourite as a player, he'll have been binned a long time ago and idiots wouldn't even be saying he needs more time and chance.

But it's ok, apparently shit football and hoping either Rashford/Pogba/Bruno bailing us out is progress.
Imagine he wasnt a fan favourite former player. We sack jose and announce our new manager is the former Cardiff manager who was relegated and the sacked because he wasnt good enough in the championship. A manager who was currently plying his trade in Norway. How do you think the fans would have reacted to that?

Its funny, but under the new rules since brexit, Ole wouldnt have been allowed to take the united job. Because the Norway league just isnt good enough.

Bebestation

Could have sworn Ole's biggest backers were the ones putting him on the Klopp trajectory. I'm guessing that comparison is no longer favourable to them
Wasnt me so try to think we are all the same because it's no different to people crying about Rodgers, Nagelsmann or Pochettino being the same as Klopp :lol: . Klopp is one of the best managers of all time. I just like Ole because he is rebuilding the squad for the first time in 1 and a half decades.

croadyman

I think the guy is just trying to hold out until the end of the season, which he will be able to do unscathed should we make top 4, to make a decision. In an ideal scenario for Woodward, we come 2nd and he does absolutely nothing in the window, probably with the exception of Sancho while crying Covid to the fans and press. Otherwise, I think he’ll sack him then and promise Sancho as there will be less backlash from fans after he missed out on Sancho the previous summer.
Maybe he wouldn't need to cry about COVID to the fanbase and press so much if he did the right thing and moved himself to the commercial side and let someone who understands football matters find some shrewd deals in this market

Womp

idiot
Going from 6th to 3ed to second now. Evolution, best attack in the league and an over all heathy atmosphere at the club. We are 2 or 3 very good players away from being the best imo. Look what is happening to pool after having one or 2 key players out; that is a similar place where we are.
How about two years in and we still play shit football or that this is Ole's 5th consecutive year without a trophy.

We don't have the best attack in the league, we have good numbers because our players are very good and go through patches of great form, when that form dwindles, they turn back to shite as there is no collective system. This is like the 4th or 5th time this has happened since Ole has joined. You're genuinely having a laugh if you believe we have a better attack collectively than City. We have a worse xg than Liverpool despite their shocking season.

Also I keep hearing this Liverpool example when its not the same. I'd argue Liverpool are still playing some good stuff, they've just lost half their fecking team to injuries and can't finish their dinner

You could see what system Klopp was implementing even before he had them close to competing. I'm sure we would all be far more happy to give Ole time if he was showing the same. Instead we are still a good counter attacking team and shite at just about everything else. I'd say that's about where we were before he joined too.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Twitter is sadly right on this occasion but he’s bought himself time to get eliminated from the two remaining competitions this season.

croadyman

And there we go :smirk:
Have never hidden my feelings about that at all, just maybe if he showed a willingness when he was caretaker manager to approach some proper coaches about working alongside him if he got the job I would feel differently but never did

Greck

Yes We haven't actually won anything since the last time oleout trended. What actually changed since then that makes this a surprise? Did people seriously think being top of the table for a couple weeks was enough to get him United manager for life? Do you see what happens at other big clubs? This is nothing out of the ordinary.

Is that equivalent to a season in your eyes?

We are currently 2nd in the Table and that's the best stat that can show we have been the 2nd best team in the league. Leicester will overtake us if we continue our blip but until then we have been the 2nd best team in the league.

There was 5 games when we were the best team in the league during the season, so the last 5 games Leicester being better than us is just picking stats by alternative strategies.
We finished second under Jose, but most people acknowledged the team most likely to challenge City the following year would be Liverpool

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

We finished second under Jose, but most people acknowledged the team most likely to challenge City the following year would be City.
There is more room for growth in this team due to age and most of the players wanting to be here. Let's also not forget DDG had super human performances during that year. A CB, a DM and a RW and we are up there imo with the best.

RashyForPM

Maybe he wouldn't need to cry about COVID to the fanbase and press so much if he did the right thing and moved himself to the commercial side and let someone who understands football matters find some shrewd deals in this market
Yeah agree with that.

There is more room for growth in this team due to age and most of the players wanting to be here. Let's also not forget DDG had super human performances during that year. A CB, a DM and a RW and we are up there imo with the best.
I look at my main complaint about Rashford’s game and I think it’s things that a coach like Pep would by now have coached out of him. Perfect example being Sterling.

Comes a time. A When you have to stop looking at signings, it’s arguable that under any other manager the Liverpool team that won the league last year was would have still been a CB,CM and number 9 short of winning the league.

Genuine question. If Leicester City hire Ole instead of Rodgers, are they 3rd 2 years later ? Or is the talk about “ohhhhh well of course he’d struggle, they sold Maguire for £80m and didn’t sign anyone to replace him”

Longshanks

Hes still on the 'Klopp trajectory' if that is such a thing.

In answer to the the OP it's because Ole has pushed the expectation for this season higher than what it originally was and there are plenty of fans who dont need much of a excuse to start banging the Ole out drum.

Personally our current run is disappointing, but we all knew at the start of the season that there were too many holes in the team to expect a title challenge. As long as our form stabilizes and we dont get dragged into a top 4 fight than you could probably make a fair argument for the season being 'acceptable' wont exactly be jumping for joy about it but it would Earn Ole another season.

He will have to produce a title next season though.

Of course if our current form continues and we start to plummet down the table then he may be in trouble this season, but we are not there yet.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Genuine question. If Leicester City hire Ole instead of Rodgers, are they 3rd 2 years later ? Or is the talk about “ohhhhh well of course he’d struggle, they sold Maguire for £80m and didn’t sign anyone to replace him”
These hypothetical scenarios are silly because different managers are suited to different clubs. Rodgers seems very good at big clubs (Celtic and Leichester) but bottled it at the only top job he had.

Big Sam is perfect to make bottom clubs hard to beat, but would be awful at City. Pep would be awful if he had to manage a club with no budget and a bunch of cloggers playing for him

The important question is: How is he doing at Man Utd and how are we now compared to when Ole took over?

Hellboy

Enlighten me. Why?

It seems like they are coming back with these template of tweets, saying we have no progress.
These are expected, we are never going to win the title this season, and among all the other teams we are clearly the 2nd best team in the league right now.

That is progress.
Maybe because he‘s not good enough and took us as far as he could ?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I think Ole has done a good job steadying the ship after the choppy waters of the Moyes / LVG / Jose appointments. Really good job done at putting a team together but I’m still far from convinced there is anything more to come from him in terms of how we play or consistency.

I don’t blame him completely as he’s working with an absolutely terrible attacking line up where his best attacker is 33 and the rest just aren’t up to the job and there is no cover for them so there’s no option other than to keep playing them.

Even so, I think this is Ole. This is what to expect of his team. Ultimately he’s probably not as bad as some on here make out but I still struggle to understand the blind faith others on here seem to have.

Judas

Open to offers
1. It's trolls on twitter stirring the pot, along with very reactionary Utd "fans".
2. We were awful again, so I'm not surprised. The team welcomes this stuff bubbling up when we're so very poor.
3. People have had doubts on Ole and this current setups long term ability to win stuff at this club.

ROFLUTION

Rashford, Martial is vital to our succes, and he needs to make them click.

He still have the benefit of the doubt with me though, as it has been an entertaining ride, and he understands to play pragmatic with whatever hands the Glazers deal him/us. You can see a transition with Ole to what he wants to play, which is more Fergie/United style. I still think he's the right fit, but he needs to make Rashford/Martial click more.

He needs to find more winners for our squad that burns up for succes like Bruno

Bebestation

I think Ole has done a good job steadying the ship after the choppy waters of the Moyes / LVG / Jose appointments. Really good job done at putting a team together but I’m still far from convinced there is anything more to come from him in terms of how we play or consistency.

I don’t blame him completely as he’s working with an absolutely terrible attacking line up where his best attacker is 33 and the rest just aren’t up to the job and there is no cover for them so there’s no option other than to keep playing them.

Even so, I think this is Ole. This is what to expect of his team. Ultimately he’s probably not as bad as some on here make out but I still struggle to understand the blind faith others on here seem to have.
This is what his supporters think but that he can steady the ship more (replacing Lindelof, Matic, Striker and RW).

Once he does (because he will do that) then he can go as quick as he fails.

arthurka

Tuchels start at Chelsea hasn't helped Ole one bit. Gone from a crap defense to a solid unit who due to not conceding are back to winning games. We could do with a little bit of that. Ole has done a lot of things right but his inability to fix this defense and reliance on Bruno plus Martial, DDG and Lindelöf will be the death of any manager. Like Ole but we should be doing a bit better and that defense is as bad as anything I've seen here before it.

RedChisel

Are there genuinely United fans that are all there in the head who want Ole sacked right now? I can't comprehend the thinking behind that. Who would we replace him with at this stage in the season? What would we expect to happen with a new manager now? We'd push on and win the league?

I remember the consensus at the beginning of the season was that we would struggle to get top 4 with the signings we'd made and that the club had failed Ole and we shouldn't blame him. He's now managed to overachieve and the same "fans" are screaming Ole out!

We're ahead of everyone bar the oil dopers, including being 6 points ahead of last year's runaway champions. If that isn't progress then I don't know what is.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our fans are an entitled bunch. At the start of the season, most were of the opinion that it'd be another top 4 battle - varying between comfortable top 3 finish to struggling for top 4 as others have strengthened well.

We're on course for that, atleast right now. So, I don't get why the feck people are crying about. We're a 70-80 point team right now (I don't think anyone can dispute this), that means we'll have these kicks in the teeth a few times this season. There are going to be spells of good form and not so good form, and this seems to be one of those phases. If people want to go "OleOut" after every such spell in a side that isn't really there, better to ignore them that entertain them

dal

Yeah Bruno saved his bacon just over a year ago and is still doing it now
exactly, just how gundogan and de Bruyne are saving Guardiolas arse and Mane and Salah were saving Liverpool’s.

Hence Ole just needs another one, two attacking signings and they will save his.

Who’d have thought it, players saving the managers bacon.

If anything our expectations are growing rapidly, it’s a very good sign.

Our frontline for the majority of the season we’ve had were all with us since they were 19 or younger, we need some proven prime age quality.

Viva Ole!

freeurmind

weak willed
Enlighten me. Why?

It seems like they are coming back with these template of tweets, saying we have no progress.
These are expected, we are never going to win the title this season, and among all the other teams we are clearly the 2nd best team in the league right now.

That is progress.
Are we though?

Revan

Assumptionman
Are we “clearly the second best team in the league right now”?
Of course we are not. We are ahead of them in GD, so if someone thinks that is ‘clearly’, they need their heads checked.

vanderpants

simple, we struggle for points against the bottom sides then some people find it unacceptable then go on social media and rant