Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
10 points from 7 games is a complete joke tbf when we were flying. Not acceptable and he needs to know that isn’t good enough. We were never going to win the title but we were in a position to consolidate 2nd and now we are being sucked into a top four battle. Shambolic from both management and players.

wolvored

There is more room for growth in this team due to age and most of the players wanting to be here. Let's also not forget DDG had super human performances during that year. A CB, a DM and a RW and we are up there imo with the best.
Yes but this season like the end of last we are ultra reliant on Bruno. If anything happened to him we wouldn't be in top 4

hobbers

What would we have to bottle this season for Ole's devotees to smell the coffee out of interest?

Say for instance that we bomb out of the Europa and FA cups again. And we continue this abysmal form in the league to the point of being dragged into a top four fight with Liverpool, Leicester and Chelsea. And we finish with more goals conceded than half the league. Whether or not we win that fight and marginally finish top four again, surely no one would be deluded enough to still be calling that progress?

So it should be plainly obvious and no surprise to anyone why the doubts on Ole's future beyond this season have resurfaced because right now it looks like that's where we're headed.

TheMitz

It's like the okey cokey with Ole, and I've been for both camps. I think most people would love him to succeed but the jury will always be out until he wins a trophy and/or starts playing a consistent brand of football without relying on individual brilliance.

He understands and loves the club.
Has managed to rid the club of players who don't want to be there.
Is building a coaching team that all have United history. Though I think he needs some experience in his coaching team like Rene Meulensteen

All of the cons are imo due to tactical ineptness or inexperience:

No defined style of play
Too much faith in players who are letting him down
No plan to penetrate teams with a low block

I think he needs a big window this summer with a CB, RW, and striker his main targets, would love see a back up RB too, hopefully to have the same effect Telles had on Shaw.

I think we are in a fight for top 4, if we fail i feel he may not be here for that transfer window.

in the meantime the okey cokey will continue :)

Reactions: Rood

Raveneye

The sheer sustained bile of so many people here. In or out, reasonable people can disagree on whether Ole is the long term man for the job. You'd think Ole inners are defending him when we're 10th in the league the way the hardened outer sound.

We have seen a lot to be happy about of late. Some results lately haven't been as good. All the frothing for Ole's head and reckless partisanship says a lot more about the posters than it does about anything else. You'd think Ole was a Glazer the way the clamor had been going on.

Reactions: Rood

Polar

Ole is criticised for playing Maquire and Lindelof because they are out of form. What’s the alternative?

Ole is criticised because Bruno has been excellent; “he owes Bruno everything”. Don’t understand why. Every team has a golden boy, example Liverpool when they started to skyrocket with Salah.

Ole is a bad coach, but everybody agree he has done better than LVG, Moyes and the crazy Portuguese, who have done quit well at their respective clubs.

Some crazy supporters even suggest we replace Ole with ShortyRodgers or Hazelnut. Rodgers have a lower budget, but I’ll still argue his squad is pretty much at the same level as United’s. The difference is United have to pay “United price” while Leicester pays “Leicester price”.

Somebody impressed by Southampton lately? If Woody goes for Hazlnuty, he should be fired automatically for doing hazardous business putting the whole Club at stake (independent of success). Not even directors should be allowed to gamble. The gamble attitude and lack of responsibility among many supporters annoys me.

We have been through a good run and are now struggling. If this is our bad run and the worst thing that could happen, it isn’t that bad. We’ll be back on track soon. City had a bad run and is now into a good run, but they may also have one more downturn before the season ends.

I want United to play better, but do we really have a better squad than Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester or Tottenham? I’m not so sure about that.

I actually think Ole is pretty close to bring out the best of the team, but it doesn’t necessarily make me overwhelmed or happy. We definitely need reinforcements in order to fight for the title. At least three high quality players.Today we are very vulnerable when players are out of form, example Rashford.

It's like the okey cokey with Ole, and I've been for both camps. I think most people would love him to succeed but the jury will always be out until he wins a trophy and/or starts playing a consistent brand of football without relying on individual brilliance.

Is building a coaching team that all have United history. Though I think he needs some experience in his coaching team like Rene Meulensteen

No defined style of play

I think he needs a big window this summer with a CB, RW, and striker his main targets, would love see a back up RB too, hopefully to have the same effect Telles had on Shaw.

I think we are in a fight for top 4, if we fail i feel he may not be here for that transfer window.

My main concern is that our young players especially Rashford is playing like a headless chicken. Dribbling into blockades, shooting when there’s a square pass, taking too long on the ball and not releasing it quicker etc and generally not looking up. These are problems that you get with all young pace/dribble players eg Ronaldo/ Sterling come to by mind. But by 23/24 they get coached to make better decisions. Whereas with Rashford it genuinely seems like his coaching is “just fecking shoot“

Amir

No defined style of play
The thing about experience is that is hasn't started coaching in 2019. He's been doing it for a decade. Yes, he's new to this level, but he hasn't started from scratch.

If anything, I'd expect someone coming into the highest level of football to need time to learn how to deal with star footballers, egos, etc. But those are things Solskjaer has dealt with well. But if he doesn't have a style of play, if he's struggilng to set up teams, I don't think these will go away in his 11th year as a coach or whatever. Coaches formualte their style early.

Amir

The difference is United have to pay “United price” while Leicester pays “Leicester price”.
I'd say the difference is they sign players when they are not well known and cost a lot less.

If they are able to do that and build a squad a good as ours, like you say, then United (and Solskjaer in the last couple of years) have done an absolute crap work in the market.

hobbers

. The difference is United have to pay “United price” while Leicester pays “Leicester price”.
Nah it's just that Leicester actually bother to scout for lesser-known talents, whereas under Ole we just go for the most expensive English player on the market for whatever position we need strengthening. And before Ole we just went for whatever galactico name was available and tickled Woodward's fancy. Both utter shite ways to go about transfers.

Imagine if we'd scouted Fofana or Soyuncu rather than offering £80m for Maguire :lol:

meamth

No defined style of play

No successful team didn't rely on individual brilliance.

Top teams invest on big players because they want to be carried by them.

You don't see Burnley, Leeds, Brighton winning the league do you?

Working system is bullshit in football, it can only take you so far. At the end of the day, player's quality is the most important thing to win something.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I can't believe how much Tuanzebes stock has fallen since he came back here. To hear people say we've no option but to play Lindelof when Tuanzebe looked like he'd be coming back here ready to push. It's not even the change in levels either, Tuanzebe just looks like he's been drained of the confidence he did have at Villa.

Its fair to say Ole hasn't been great for all our players.

hobbers

Working system is bullshit in football, it can only take you so far. At the end of the day, player's quality is the most important thing to win something.
You dont win Premier League titles without a good defence. Just ask Suarez. Or RVP. Or Harry Kane if he sticks around at Spurs much longer.

Woodward could drop Kane, Son and Foden off at Ole's office in the summer and we still wouldn't be getting close to winning anything with the defence performing as badly as it is.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You dont win Premier League titles without a good defence. Just ask Suarez. Or RVP. Or Harry Kane if he sticks around at Spurs much longer.

Woodward could drop Kane, Son and Foden off at Ole's office in the summer and we still wouldn't be getting close to winning anything with the defence performing as badly as it is.
What if Woodward dropped a Van dijk quality duplicate and a Goalkeeper that knows how to come off his line? Why is woodward only dropping attackers?

meamth

That's what I said.

You lose Van Dijk, you will implode.

Big players, in all areas of the field will contribute to winning something. At the moment, we only rely on Bruno, our defense has been wank, attack has been wank.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I can't believe how much Tuanzebes stock has fallen since he came back here. To hear people say we've no option but to play Lindelof when Tuanzebe looked like he'd be coming back here ready to push. It's not even the change in levels either, Tuanzebe just looks like he's been drained of the confidence he did have at Villa.

I never saw it in Tuenzebe.

He has two own goals in his last 2 games and that's not confidence, to me he is very slow in his reactive ability and is almost a defensive Lukaku.

Again, I dont see a manager who got rid of/pushing out Lingard, Dalot, Rojo, Chong, Pereira, Smalling, Young, James, Mata, Romero, TFM - as a manager who will struggle to see if Tuenzebe is good enough for us or not.

jackal&hyde

Yes but this season like the end of last we are ultra reliant on Bruno. If anything happened to him we wouldn't be in top 4
I agree and that's why I think we need a very good RW to balance the attack and bring a new dimension. TBF, it's not that unusual for any team to depend on their best players.

hobbers

What if Woodward dropped a Van dijk quality duplicate and a Goalkeeper that knows how to come off his line? Why is woodward only dropping attackers?
If only.

Can only really go by who we've been linked with, but we're not going to spend big money on another CB after Maguire, I think any new addition there will be a Lindelof/Bailly fee level punt. Which could be great if we had Leicester's scouts, but we don't.

And with the finances as they are there's zero chance of us going for a top keeper, the commercial value just isn't there in that position. It'll be De Gea or Henderson for the foreseeable, regardless of manager.

Just thinking about the fuss and time it took to agree a deal for Telles at a relatively bargain basement fee... we're not going to be signing any defensive players for big money.

Abhinav

Drawing 4 and losing one in the last 7 PL games will crank up the pressure on any PL manager. We cannot keep having these sustained runs of poor form. If our results were to pick up and we start stacking wins again, the pressure will ease up and the noise will be muted. Unfortunately, if we continue on our poor run we are headed for an all mighty dog fight for top 4 which is frankly tough to digest after topping the league midway.

passing-wind

Drawing 4 and losing one in the last 7 PL games will crank up the pressure on any PL manager. We cannot keep having these sustained runs of poor form. If our results were to pick up and we start stacking wins again, the pressure will ease up and the noise will be muted. Unfortunately, if we continue on our poor run we are headed for an all mighty dog fight for top 4 which is frankly tough to digest after topping the league midway.
This is the reason why Ole said at one point the club are not contending for the league only a week later to concede that the team isn't settling for second. Pressure makes of breaks many. Even after spending a further 200+ million I still can't see the club challenging with Ole as the manager, I feel giving us an adequate rebuild is the height of his ability.

Inline with the thread there's no chance nor is it logical to sack the manager while the team is 2nd in the league.

Bulldog United

Because most "fans" out there grew up on a diet of dominance under Sir Alex, and can't understand that things have changed and the competition is stiffer with Man City boasting a truly world class squad. These "fans" think that managing a football club is like FM and are incredibly impatient, without taking into account the actual good work and progress Ole has made in the past few years.

To be honest I still feel like we are in a team in transition, but still doing really well all things considered. Even in last night's game, I felt we battered WBA and they were lucky to get away with a point. It's a lot better than how we looked under Mourinho for sure and Ole deserves more time to shape this team. Most of these so-called "fans" are trolls or just can't see things realistically.
Speaking as a seasoned manager on FM, I can understand the frustration of these fans you speak of. I've signed pretty much the who's who of elite footballers on free transfers using the disneyworld editor, and all the high potential youngsters, and my United side has gone on to dominate for decades. Why can't we replicate my success in the real world? #gamesgonemad.

Greck

This is the reason why Ole said at one point the club are not contending for the league only a week later to concede that the team isn't settling for second. Pressure makes of breaks many. Even after spending a further 200+ million I still can't see the club challenging with Ole as the manager, I feel giving us an adequate rebuild is the height of his ability.

Inline with the thread there's no chance nor is it logical to sack the manager while the team is 2nd in the league.
That foolish statement was where my sympathy ran out or more specifically when it was fulfilled. So scared of expectation. How are you going to communicate doubt to a squad full of fairweathers mid-title race

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Just trying to follow the line of reasoning. The Molde guy is doing a grand job apparently, but the guys at Leipzig and Monchengladbach (well, BvB in the future) would collapse under the weight of United, right?
Christ. No one thought Ole was going to end up managing us when he first got here. He was just a stop gap, then he ended up doing quite well and landed the job permanently

Jose have won pretty much everything there is and we all know how that went.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

or maybe Tuanzebe is yet another overrated kid in similar lines to John Curtis, Ronnie Wallwork, Jonny Evans and Micheal Keane. Its very hard to make the grade at United.

Bobcat

If we finish 3rd again with either a liverpool side in a season of having a crazy injury crisis or Leicester city finishing above us and 20+ points difference between us and city I would see now real argument how we have made "progress" under ole this season, though obviously people will roll out the excuse of this being a "unique" and "strange" season and is unfair to judge ole on despite him obviously benefiting from it not being a completely normal season.
How are we benefitting from it compared to everyone else? Considering we had one of the shortest breaks this summer and are still in the FA cup and EL, how does it benefit us more than say West Ham, who right now can only focus on the league

Bobcat

Besides the PSG game hes been really poor. Hes very young for a CB, but right now he looks like a much less athletic Baily

Bobcat

What would we have to bottle this season for Ole's devotees to smell the coffee out of interest?

Say for instance that we bomb out of the Europa and FA cups again. And we continue this abysmal form in the league to the point of being dragged into a top four fight with Liverpool, Leicester and Chelsea. And we finish with more goals conceded than half the league. Whether or not we win that fight and marginally finish top four again, surely no one would be deluded enough to still be calling that progress?

So it should be plainly obvious and no surprise to anyone why the doubts on Ole's future beyond this season have resurfaced because right now it looks like that's where we're headed.
If this shite form continues and we somehow miss out on CL, of course he should be sacked. In that case i hope the next manager has the sense to realize we are not the finished article, and we still need a fair few inns and outs to complete the puzzle

Fahad Jawaid

The thing is its not only how bad we have performed at times, what gets me riled up regarding Ole is stupid decisions after another. He has already cost us the CPL with stupid decision making (not taking off Fred against PSG, or starting extremely negative us Leipzeig with 5 defenders and going 2 nil down). I don't understand how long will it take him to realize that there is no point playing Martial left and Rashford right. Further, Greenwood has picked up some form and played well recently therefore to bench him and play Rashford who keeps delaying the crosses and makes it extremely difficult for the strikers to make runs and thus negates the use of Cavani.

In addition to above, his failure to get the team charged up at the start of matches is going to be an end of him. You can't expect to be 1 or 2 down against each side and come back like we have done. It gives the other side impetus and belief that they can hold on.

The best teams always start fast and get 2 goals by half time. Then what happens is second half the other team pushes forward and it allows them space on the break to pick them off. We are the opposite to good teams. We allow other teams to score and then push forward it allows other teams chances to pick us off. In fact i thought against West Brom in the 2nd half they had better chances.

Polar

I can't believe how much Tuanzebes stock has fallen since he came back here.
I really like Tuanzebe and think he will be a great CB. Don’t mind Ole play him instead of Lindelof already now. He has a lot of potential and playing him already now will accelerate his development.

The reason why I asked what’s the alternative to Lindelof and Maquire earlier, was that I assumed the same supporters who criticise them also criticise Tuanzebe heavily, example his play against Everton.

TsuWave

Christ. No one thought Ole was going to end up managing us when he first got here. He was just a stop gap, then he ended up doing quite well and landed the job permanently

Jose have won pretty much everything there is and we all know how that went.
Managing United might not be this colossal task when you’re given close to £300M to spend in 2 years and afforded all the time and patience in the world despite performances and results largely lacking. I’m sure Nagelsmann would fancy that.

Mourinho had been washed up way before he touched down in Manchester. Guy had been sacked from his two previous jobs before being appointed here, including an incredible collapse with a league winning team, but somehow people act surprised it didn’t work out.

Dansk

Under Ole, we've had two periods of 2-3 months where we were getting good results. Outside of those two windows of time, we've been very poor and practically never dominated any team, even relegation candidates or recently promoted clubs. And in the latter of those two windows (the end of 2020), we were getting results but had many questionable performances where Bruno carried the team almost every week. We got points but weren't convincing at all.

We're approaching the end of his second full season, and aside from Bruno having a great start at the club, I don't think we look significantly better. As soon as Bruno's form began to dip, we were right back to inexcusable disasters like losing at home to a team that had yet to win a game this season. Bruno hitting the form of his life and Pogba entering his wantaway self-advertisement phase masked a lot of the problems that Ole has completely failed to fix.

I want United to play better, but do we really have a better squad than Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester or Tottenham? I’m not so sure about that.
It’s been over a year but are we really back here? A few bad results and people who dare not criticise the manager are reverting to questioning whether the squad is better than fecking Leciester? :lol:

It’s always the same with some of you, drop to 8th and it’ll be “is our squad really better than West Ham & Everton when you analyse it”.

This kind of post is exactly what I meant @Bastian when I said the excuses will never stop, whatever happens it’ll be the squad, or Ed, or the Glazers.

Yes our squad is plenty better than Leicester ffs (and Spurs for that matter).

Last edited:

Greck

It’s been over a year but are we really back here? A few bad results and people who dare not criticise the manager are reverting to questioning whether the squad or better than fecking Leciester? :lol:

It’s always the same with some of you, drop to 8th and it’ll be “is our squad really better than West Ham & Everton when you analyse it”.

This kind of post is exactly what I meant @Bastian when I said the excuses will never stop, whatever happens it’ll be the squad.

Yes our squad is plenty better than Leicester ffs (and Spurs for that matter).
The team x has a better squad than us has to be the most dishonest argument commonly used here. They just make it up on the basis of our current form or our last defeat. If we were flying they'd tout the team as a core only Ole's squad building genius could have assembled and improved

wolvored

I agree and that's why I think we need a very good RW to balance the attack and bring a new dimension. TBF, it's not that unusual for any team to depend on their best players.
If only we had another couple of Bruno players who could carry the load. I fear that if we dont get them in, because they are not at the club at the moment, then Bruno will start to get disillusioned here.

The team x has a better squad than us has to be the most dishonest argument commonly used here. They just make it up on the basis of our current form or our last defeat. If we were flying they'd tout the team as a core only Ole's squad building genius could have assembled and improved
We had the same ridiculous argument last season up to January, then apparently Bruno sent us into outer space and miles past Leciester as we blew them away in the second half of the season.
We then signed DvB, Telles and Edison Cavani and no-one has mentioned this garbage, but a few bad results against utter shite and Leciester are level on points, hey presto... “is our squad really better than Leicester”.

It’s better than Leicester in every metric, including the most important one, points since the start of last season, same goes for Spurs & Chelsea.

It’s the most bullshit argument on here, as you say, he’s either done a good job of squad building and we’re better than Spurs & Leicester (which we are, and has been reflected in league for 1.5 seasons), or he’s spent a shit tonne to only put us level with fecking Leicester.

wolvored

Besides the PSG game hes been really poor. Hes very young for a CB, but right now he looks like a much less athletic Baily
Hes 23 and really thats not young for a footballer. Tuanzebe hasnt had a good start to his career as he has been injured a lot. He had a good run away from Utd in the Championship. Perhaps we hould have sold him then when his stock was highest. Championship and playing in the pressure cooker of Utd in the Premiership is a million miles away. Ask Dan James.

Bobcat

Managing United might not be this colossal task when you’re given close to £300M to spend in 2 years and afforded all the time and patience in the world despite performances and results largely lacking. I’m sure Nagelsmann would fancy that.

Mourinho had been washed up way before he touched down in Manchester. Guy had been sacked from his two previous jobs before being appointed here, including an incredible collapse with a league winning team, but somehow people act surprised it didn’t work out.
Of course its a colossal task, just consider this

1. Huge, huge expectations. Fergie set the bar as high as you possibly could, where everything besides winning the PL is seen as a failure/dissapointment. Just look at this thread as an example. We came third last year, which honestly was as good as we could have hoped for and are currently 2nd in the league despite a rotten run of form and now the knives are out again. And 2 years is pretty fecking far from " all the time and patience in the world" because its not like he walked into a team that was ready made league champions. Maybe you have repressed it, but December 2018, when we got utterly humiliated by Liverpool and Jose was sacked things looked pretty bleak

2. Massive fanbase, one of the biggest in the world and also (for better or worse) most of us fans have only experienced the feast of trophies we had under Fergie. Its made us spoilt and much more demanding than most other fans.

3. ABU media is still very much a thing. After our rocky start to the season, the press was gleefully betting on Ole being the first to get the axe, despite a very strong finish a few months later. Every fecking time we drop points and/or play badly it gets huge headlines. Every time we get a rub of the green with the refs its get huge headlines. Meanwhile, vs both SHU and WBA we get big decisions against us and it hardly gets mentioned.

And i dont really get why people think the spending under Ole is some kind of stick to beat him with. His net spend since arriving is roughly 210 million£, also consider that these players have left

Fellaini, Lukaku, Smalling, Darmian, Young, Herrera, Rojo, Sanchez, Lindgard(?). Thats 9(8) first team players that needs replacing, even more if you include the likes of Chong and Pereira.

Of course Nagelsmann would love to manage us. I imagine any ambitious manager would love to, since its one of the biggest jobs in football. Thats not the point though, the point is that we have no idea how he would do until he actually managed us. Moyes, LvG and Jose had 10x the pedigree and top flight experience than Ole, but i'd still argue hes been our best manager since Fergie

And despite what you think, this is not some case of blind loyalty to Ole. If we miss out on CL next season i'd want him gone as well and would love for Nagelsmann to take over. I'm not convinced we suddenly would just walk the league though because we are still a few key players short of competing with the very best