Why United fans should be positive - Explaining recent decisions

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It has nothing to do with being spoilt. It's a necessity that a team like Real is very aware of and willing to commit to if you are really committed to a rebuild and the prices in the market. 200M would maybe get us Sancho, Rice and a "Fred", that's about it and in our state it's simply not enough. The problem isn't with the fans but the fact that all the big talents now cost around 100M €. If we were 5 points of City or Liverpool I would totally be fine with a 200M € investment but we are not.
It doesn't matter what you are fine with. We aren't spending 500 million because that would be absurd.

Also, how much did Arthur and Lenglet cost? Any idea?

Finally, we need a combination of signing well and developing talent well. Spending 500 million (which won't happen) and not doing latter will get us feck all.

I mean you're free to have loopy expectations but be prepared to be disappointed due to their extreme nature.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
This is a good post, and covers much of my thoughts on the matter.

Just changing managers seems to be enough for a large part of our fanbase to assume the "let's wait and see" attitude, when it's painfully clear that the management structure in place which also hires said managers is inadequate on the football side of things and has been for the last 6 years.
Thats it isnt it, I get people want to be positive and believe the best, but where just having the same problem over and over, their are obviously structural problems and united that need to be addressed, and should of been addressed, well years ago we should have brought some one in with Woodward to handle the football side of things while he did the commercial, but it certainly should of been addressed before we a point a manager and have that structure in place and bedded in before we spend another penny.

I really don't get the people who arn't worrying and are positive, am i missing something?

Sauldogba

Disagree, they did have a choice, especially at the point the did when he had lost 3 games in a row and the attacking football had stopped. If after that dip he'd come back guns blazing and turned it around then yeah maybe they wound't have had a choice. Look at it this way if Ole hadn't got the job at the point he did, would you still say they had no point but to appoint Ole now? of course not.

So fact they didn't wait to see how Ole would turn that around, is why people are panicking, its further sign as structure at our club doesn't know what its doing just making more rash decisions

If we were going to hire a director of football it would of happened before appointing a manager and in time to make a plan for the summer. that has now passed. If we do it now their input in the summer transfer will be rushed.

So instead we must Trust in Ole whose only experience of big transfer is at cardiff which was a disaster, and Woodward who has been doing it for 6 years, with very mixed results.

The problem is we have been seeing posts like this for years, lets wait and see what the management structure does, when they have been shown time and again to not really have a good handle on football dealings.

Saying hey lets just wait an see again, is along the lines of repeating somthing constantly and expecting a different result.
100 percent spot on.
This is what pisses me off with fans like op.
I wish i could say what i feel about fans like this but i will stick to criticizing the post. Its a stupid one.
We have been here before. Its been the same precedure and its been like this for coming up to a decade. Luckily we had Fergie to paper over our boards inemptness.
Its actually a joke.
Its attitudes like Op that will lead us to going a decade without winning the League like Arsenal (weve already gone 6) or worse like Liverpool.
We need to nip this shit in the bud asap.

NoLogo

It doesn't matter what you are fine with. We aren't spending 500 million because that would be absurd.

Also, how much did Arthur and Lenglet cost? Any idea?

Finally, we need a combination of signing well and developing talent well. Spending 500 million (which won't happen) and not doing latter will get us feck all.

I mean you're free to have loopy expectations but be prepared to be disappointed due to their extreme nature.
What I'm saying is Real will spend 500M this summer and the coming winter, because they know it's needed to get them back to the top. We won't and that's why we are the new Arsenal. It's okay if you are fine with that. I think it shouldn't be our ambition to be a team that hopes every season it can make the 4th spot.

And while you mention Arthur. How much did Barca spend on Dembele and Coutinho to get the next generation of super stars in after they lost Neymar? Not to mention that they already had a far better squad than what we are having right now when them made those purchases. Of course we can go on and sign the players for 40M € and hope we get an Arthur every now and then but yeah, that's what Arsenal pretty much did for the last 10 years.

I'm not even saying Spend it on Bale or players like him of course we need to be smart to in our investment but if Dortmund wants 120M € for Sancho we better be ready to pay that because otherwise Barca/PSG/Real or even City will at some point. Same goes for de Ligt. Players like that cost a fortune in todays market but for a good reason and if we keep missing out on players like that the way back to the top will be very tough.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
100 percent spot on.
I wish i could say what i feel about fans like this but i will stick to criticizing the post. Its a stupid one.
We have been here before. Its been the same precedure and its been like this for coming up to a decade. Luckily we had Fergie to paper over our boards inemptness.
Its actually a joke.
Its attitudes like Op that will lead us to going a decade without winning the League like Arsenal (weve already gone 6) or worse like Liverpool.
Its not only the winning things that the problem, of course we have no divine right to win anything, and lets face it where we are now its going to be a few years before we challenge for the league and unless we get lucky even longer before we challange for the champions league. I accept that, but what I want to feel like people who know what they are doing are building us towards been back to be challenging for these trophies. and are putting the foundations down and formulating plans to get us there.

But its very clear to any one that isn't whats happening, they are scrambling around in the dark, honestly it feels like they are reading the back of the Sun Newspaper as to what they should do next.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
100 percent spot on.
Its actually a joke.
Honestly mate come to Manchester and say that and we will see where it gets you, capiche :mad:

I’ll meet you at Burton Road tram shop. I’ll be the one in a “Young 18” shirt.

Womp

idiot
Dalot isn't any worse defensively than Young. In fact, Young's brain-fart defensively was the reason we conceded the first goal, which completely turned the tide of the game. That's not even taking into account the fact that Dalot is a million times more of an offensive threat too.

Us spending a "feck ton" of money, which will realistically be 200m (which isn't feck ton by any means in this current climate, that gets you two top players) isn't even a factor to be positive as we as a club have feck all idea how to spend money. On top of that, the players we sign always struggle because tactically we are a fecking shambles. Ole's tactics in the big games of a bank of 5 and two isolated strikers isn't going to have players like Son playing like they do at Spurs for eg. Until we start finding offensive players in advanced positions, where they are isolated with defenders, they aren't going to look nearly as good, instead expecting our players to run the majority of the pitch, hoping the opposition leaves space in behind.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I expect a 200+ million pound summer. The Glazers have been shown to back new managers when they need it.
I doubt it mate.
Fool me once, shame on you. [I'm looking at Woodward, here]. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I learnt my lesson last Summer and I've also looked at our net spend in the last 3 transfer windows, which is pitifully low. I think mid table clubs spent more than us last Summer.
Anyway, all this talk is depressing me. We have absolutely nothing to look forward to, except for a top 4 battle next season.

Vadim

Honestly mate come to Manchester and say that and we will see where it gets you, capiche :mad:

I’ll meet you at Burton Road tram shop. I’ll be the one in a “Young 18” shirt.
David Brent “Oooh you’re hard” GIF time.