Why was so many fans fooled by Ole? Also credit to United fan Maureen for calling it right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
While you do love sniffing your own farts, the trend of labelling other managers "hipster" choices and going into their threads to bump them when their team lost was frustrating, as was using laughing emojis because philosophy or patterns of play was mentioned when analysing managers and how their teams functioned on the pitch. It got tiring pretty quickly.

Other than that crap there's not much wrong with supporting their manager, and he seems like a pretty decent bloke.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Didn’t Ferguson also give very brief messages pre-match messages? All the prep was done during the week, were people expecting a presentation or a Rocky Balboa speech before the game?

He finished third and second and had an abysmal final season, so what? Many managers follow this cycle. Let’s not make a big deal out of every granular thing from the past and just move on.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It's over and he's gone, can we stop creating new threads to shit on him now? I say this as someone who has been Ole Out for a very long time.

Longshanks

Why are so many fans fooled by the old managers been sacked so let's release stories about bad training, poor tactics etc etc to absolve us the players of blame for the mess we are in.

Happens every time.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Now he's no longer manager I can go back to loving Ole again so don't see the point in trying to stick the knife in further.

The club very clearly should have made the call sooner for the benefit of everyone. That's the part I'm now more concerned with because feck knows what they'll decide to do next.

I'm so used to Twitter weirdos using it as a nickname for Jose, that I genuinely forgot Maureen could be a real woman's name.

dove

Some fans saw it but our results in general were not THAT bad so people ignored our shambolic performances every single week and got carried away by our comebacks. Many of us knew that these kind of wins were simply not sustainable in the long run so we would either have to MASSIVELY improve our performances, which was never likely to happen, or we will stop winning games. People chose to bury their heads in sand and blindly believe that Ole is our new SAF so much that it quite literally became a cult here. Every successful manager was labeled as a hipster and Ole was always 1 signing away from seriously challenging while in fact we were never even close to challenging anything.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
FootballJoe obviously hate Utd as 50% of the content they tweet out is directed at bashing them.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This always happens. Sometimes normal things in management get twisted when a manager gets sacked.

clarkydaz

Red_toad

lots of fans were saying it 2 years ago.
Yep he should have only ever been a Caretaker, always evident he was never going to make us successful. Personally never wanted him as anything more than his caretaker role as knew I’d have to read and listen to fans disrespecting him when things went bad.

Flytan

People are going to put on red-tinted glasses now that he's actually been sacked and pretend he did a decent job.

He didn't. Everything we thought he did has either been undone or proven to be false. His time here was a complete waste and at best we're in the same position as when he came in.

His time as interim was fine, but his time as manager has undone any good it did and I will die on that hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.