Why won't SAF take the step up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibnu Ramli

Legend
and become DOF?

Difficult situations require tough decisions to be made.
And I can't see us getting into a more difficult situation than this.

Yes, ALL of this happened because we didn't handle the succession process well.
And if there is ONE person who can take us out of this...

Some people will say it's up to the Board. And then they will say it's up to Woodward.
I don't understand why the Board has no guts to speak up against Woodward. Or is this another case of 'the Board is doing a lot of things that we supporters don't need to know/don't understand'...

It is no coincidence that England reached the semifinals of the World Cup after David Gill entered the FA.
David is basically using our blueprint for England, but (surprise surprise) we're not using our blueprint for ourselves.

SAF as DOF for one year, backed by two assistants; one from a hotshot Continental club with a hard to pronounce surname, and the other a former player/coach/staff who will takeover after SAF's term ends. After that, he'll go back to the Board.

We should use SAF's knowledge and experience as long as he's still here.

P/S : Yes, the Mods can delete this thread if its irrelevant :)

OverratedOpinion

He's retired, he should be taking full advantage of a well earned rest, spending time with his wife and looking after his health.

Also our problem is not that we can't find the right person to take that role, it is the fact that we seem totally adverse to even trying. There are plenty of great candidates.

spiriticon

He is retired.

I mean, you wouldn't ask your granddad to go back to work, would you?

OleTheGreat

I think it is too much to ask of the great one. If you had a career like his, you'd step out and never come back. His love for the club is seen in him at the stadium every match. I think we should not ask more of him anytime ever.

TsuWave

the man has retired, and had been in fragile condition health wise.

Denis79

Let the man enjoy his retirement, he's really earned it.

CaptainMourinho

You realize that the lad nearly died several months ago,right? And you want to add more pressure to his already fragile health in fixing this shambles of a club?

red thru&thru

Seriously? Let the guy enjoy his glorious days. And can Manchester United just move on from Fergie. It is Manchester United, not Fergie United.

binary bot
What about Sir Bobby? 5 more years of life experience than SAF. Doesn't need much sleep. Will get him out of the house.

crossy1686

career ending
He's 77 and has just recovered from a major operation/incident.

He's already given us all he can, we don't want to finish him off in the job because people can't spot a decent youth player. He deserves to be left alone now, he owes us nothing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolute ridiculous thread. It's like people have zero perspective.

How many years and years on are we going to have this nonsense?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
and become DOF?

Difficult situations require tough decisions to be made.
And I can't see us getting into a more difficult situation than this.

Yes, ALL of this happened because we didn't handle the succession process well.
And if there is ONE person who can take us out of this...

Some people will say it's up to the Board. And then they will say it's up to Woodward.
I don't understand why the Board has no guts to speak up against Woodward. Or is this another case of 'the Board is doing a lot of things that we supporters don't need to know/don't understand'...

It is no coincidence that England reached the semifinals of the World Cup after David Gill entered the FA.
David is basically using our blueprint for England, but (surprise surprise) we're not using our blueprint for ourselves.

SAF as DOF for one year, backed by two assistants; one from a hotshot Continental club with a hard to pronounce surname, and the other a former player/coach/staff who will takeover after SAF's term ends. After that, he'll go back to the Board.

We should use SAF's knowledge and experience as long as he's still here.

P/S : Yes, the Mods can delete this thread if its irrelevant :)
215 posts in 15 years?!

Eric7C

Another thread OP that treats the DoF position as if anybody could walk into it.

Not saying Fergie can't be great, but the position is a lot of work and should be treated as such.

INeedAbsynthe

Supports
Liverpool
Christ almighty

Let the great man rest, has he not done enough for you already?

The demands of the job you’d expect him to accomplish would finish me off and I’m 27.

red thru&thru

Another thread OP that treats the DoF position as if anybody could walk into it.

Not saying Fergie can't be great, but the position is a lot of work and should be treated as such.
Mate, I've played Football Manager a bit, played the game at decent level myself and now go watch my son go training and play 7 v 7 matches...I reckon I could do the DoF. The tipping point is, I'm a MASSIVE United supporter! :lol::lol:

Raw

What's with the obsession of having a DoF that's a club legend?

Are there any top clubs with a DoF that employ a club legend to oversee such a role? I can't think of any. Especially not clubs that appoint a DoF because "he gets the club" or whatever such bollocks.

Sterling Archer

Why won't the fans take the step up and boycott a game instead of this half arsed internet talk? Maybe stop buying every kit. Stop watching and adding to the TV ratings. Maybe write in letters. Maybe jump on every movement, whether Twitter unfollow or hashtags. And maybe let the man that built this castle have some bloody rest instead of feeling like some single person should come in and fix the mess for us.

van Nistelrooy

1. He's retired.
2. He's not in great health
3. He's been out of football for years.
4. He's got no experience of being a DOF.
5. He's an intelligent person and realises no one can help Woodward and the Glazers.

End.

Status
Not open for further replies.